WWN's weirdest effect on you

Anything and Everything. It all goes here. Be aware that this is NOT a spam board.

Moderator: Hans Stockmann

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

WWN's weirdest effect on you

Post by Linkman » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:29 am

You know how occasionally we circlejerk on why we love WWN? Well this is like that except for weird/awkward stuff.

This week, Billy Joel's "Piano man" came up while listening to the radio at work. I sang, in earnest, "Sing us a song, you're a Togepi..."

I got some weird looks.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Satel

Re: WWN's weirdest effect on you

Post by Satel » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:52 am

The weirdest I've gotten is I dreamt about meeting you and HPD irl despite not even knowing your faces.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 am

>WWN related weird/awkward stuff

how am i supposed to pick the MOST awkward moment this site has caused me when there's so many to choose from!?!?!!

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:02 am

This place seems to have made me more witty in the end.

Narts

Post by Narts » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:11 am

You mean WWN should have affected me in some way?

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:19 am

On the contrary, I maintain tabs on this place for its stability and lack of garish bright yellow and/or green background.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:03 am

linkman you aren't alone

i mean ive never sung that out loud in public but whenever i hear that song i think of kilty
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:53 am

I had this dutch dude stay at my house for a week. :P
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:58 am

Sven wrote:>WWN related weird/awkward stuff

how am i supposed to pick the MOST awkward moment this site has caused me when there's so many to choose from!?!?!!
Try one!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:23 pm

i was a pretty stupid teenager
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Sniffit II

Post by Sniffit II » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Meteor Strike is always an acceptable response.
i don't know what a bishop ninja is but if it can still move diagonal without being seen it's got my vote - Pkdragon

FEAR ME, FEAR THE FIRE THAT BURNS IN MY BALLS, VERIDIAN FOREST! - Dragonite

Vote Sniffit for Space Dictator.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:06 pm

This was the first thing I ever made an account for on the internet, so naturally, this place helped determine my username.

as for weird effects, I feel like at least 30% of my personality was developed from copying the little mental tics that you all have. Needless to say, I'm a wreck irl.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Imano Ob
3DS Code: 0516-7426-0296

Post by Imano Ob » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Every now and then, when musing about an unwinnable situation, the word gobee pops into my mind.
This signature is boring. I don't know why you're reading it.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:59 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:

as for weird effects, I feel like at least 30% of my personality was developed from copying the little mental tics that you all have. Needless to say, I'm a wreck irl.
i think in nocaps
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:31 am

Don't worry. I have another internet friend who has impressed his grammar Nazism upon me.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:34 am

you know at first i used to type all proper. as a jokester though i found it increasingly annoying that people would misinterpret me kidding as legitimate. not their fault really, text does not lend itself to subtlety and sarcasm

so i decided that i would lowercase sentences/messages/etc that were sarcastic. i felt like this was an effective way of getting this point across. surely everyone was clever enough to notice this

nope

then i decided i liked the look of it aesthetically and haven't changed since

no i've never heard of ee cummings please don't be lewd we're having a discussion here

THAT WAS THE AMAZING TALE OF MY POSTING STYLE HOPED YOU ENJOYED IT
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Alecat

Post by Alecat » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:17 am

just some guy.

kiwi

Post by kiwi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:08 pm

I did the no caps thing to be cool but now I realize coolness is a state of mind! which I haven't reached yet! so for now I differentiate myself by needlessly swapping periods with exclamation points!

Narts

Post by Narts » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:15 pm

scraggypunk wrote:not their fault really, text does not lend itself to subtlety and sarcasm
Text lends itself particularly well to sarcasm, in fact. When people don't get it, it's just a license to laugh at them harder.

Keep it deadpan, always.

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:57 pm

yes! all of you! yes! you all now understand the sheer joy there is to be had in typing in lowercase! it is the best case, the one where you do not need to stress your poor pinky finger and hit the shift key.

i just think typing with proper capitalization looks pretentious for some reason

ThunderWalker

Post by ThunderWalker » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:10 pm

I learned more about English here than I did at school. It made me realize how much school sucks.
My sig is a void.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:12 am

it's true, only dweebs use proper grammar
wisdom

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:21 am

It's not pretentious when you're actually better and more intelligent than everyone else.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:39 am

I read low-caps as a bit rushed and scatterbrained, and ALL-CAPS, as well... loudmouths.

It's funny how mere text does that.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:54 am

there is nothing wrong with just lowercase and no punctuation

i tend to do it almost always when posting from my phone b/c it saves significant time
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:07 am

oh yeah i picked up this habit of posting in no-caps from here in like two weeks

i dunno it kinda symbolizes how laid back people are in my head i guess

also i often don't even bother to put punctuation most of the time
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat May 02, 2015 1:18 am

My iPod forces grammar on me :(
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sat May 02, 2015 3:15 am

get dweebed
wisdom

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Sun May 03, 2015 10:46 pm

While I wasn't around, I sometimes imagined having conversations with some of you guys as I walked around the city. I missed you people <3
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

onewaystreet

Post by onewaystreet » Mon May 04, 2015 8:23 am

Hey I'm not a dweeb!

actually wait I totally am but I'm pretty sure it's unrelated to grammar.
thefalman wrote:Honestly, just when I thought we could all have a nice topic about mocking ridiculously, overly hardcore fundamentalists, it has to turn into a religious debate.

You bastards.
thefalman wrote:
RadioShadow wrote:Including having SEX? :o
I know it's an alien concept to you RS, but there's no need to act so surprised.