GameFAQs and Undertale

Anything and Everything. It all goes here. Be aware that this is NOT a spam board.

Moderator: Hans Stockmann

Pkdragon

Re: GameFAQs and Undertale

Postby Pkdragon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:51 pm

im sorry the cantina song was the soundtrack to your post

in my head
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:55 pm

also, i played the demo

i got bored

not enough build options
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Joey

Postby Joey » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:02 pm

allow me to present a game awards that is more your speed

"Unakau has nicked off. And there was much rejoicing."

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:07 pm

yeah i'll agree with that

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:18 pm

but seriously man i don't want much out of my games

i just want complex rpg mechanics

is that so much to ask

i want to make choices about where im going with my build, and i want to see the result by me destroying enemies

like, witcher 3

i went into the game knowing i want to play the game as a simple man doing simple things, i don't want any of this complex parrying crumpets, i am going to press one button, the attack button, and i realized that there were only two skills in the entire combat tree that lent itself to my one button playstyle, however then i realized the alchemy tree, while initally seeming weaker, actually allowed me to plan ahead and buff myself so that i could have statistic advantage against the enemies to the point where i don't need to press more than one button, it also made me tanky as crumpets which helps me survive Not Dodging. but there's one problem, my dps of my one-button attacks will take a hit if i go alchemy tree because it's mutagens are for tanking, but no worries, i figured out the perfect balance between offensive sword mutagens, defensive alchemy mutagens, and a skill that allowed me to boost both mutagens (found in the alchemy tree). I ended up with exactly 5% less dps than my sword build, a bazillion more survivability, and the ability to boost my dps to far higher than my sword build using potions. basically, i think before the battle as opposed to during it

at this point the game became a piece of cake so i increased the difficulty level

and that was a relatively simple rpg mechanic experience

undertale can't compare

im sorry this was posted at 2:45 AM and i might be under the influence of alcohol tho i think it's clearing

still im pretty sure i have a point in here somewhere so what the hell i typed this up might as well hit submit

Joey

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:16 am

for the record i wasn't hating on you

just wanted an excuse to post todd and aaron

Joey

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:16 am

me not being able to sit through earthbound is not that different than you not being able to sit through undertale

Joey

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:17 am

the way todd and aaron say CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS TWO gives me DETERMINATION

Treedweller

Postby Treedweller » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:28 am

I've made it further in Undertale, and I still find it charming, but man have I ever been hatin' on Alphys. I just, like, can't stand anything about her character. She's the first personality in the game that I don't find loveable.

Also, I'm not sure how much I like this bullet hell battle minigame. I mean, it's fine, and they do unique things with the mechanic, but it's pretty wearisome after you've died for like the 10th time and you just want to see where the story goes.

I'll see how I feel once I've found the time to finish the game. My first impression left me feeling that, wow, I found a game that was made exactly for me. But now, I'm not so sure.

Joey

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:33 am

Alphys doesn't get really good until true pacifist run. But she's still one of my least favorite characters.

Joey

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:35 am

Just wait until the final boss fight on the neutral run and you'll understand. One of the most memorable things in games, uh, well, ever. Can't think of something that tops it for me.

Joey

Postby Joey » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:37 am

Undertale main characters, ranked (Player Name and some other person excluded)

10. Jerry
9. Asgore
8. Alphys
7. Toriel
6. Papyrus
5. Mettaton
4. Flowey
3. Sans
2. Napstablook
1. Undyne

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Joey wrote:for the record i wasn't hating on you

just wanted an excuse to post todd and aaron

i was pretty drunk last night

i was in the "sobering up enough to type but still drunk enough that my judgement is suspect" phase

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Postby Bonesy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:00 pm

mother 3 > mother 2 > mother 1

but undertale is still overrated

hawkesnightmare

Postby hawkesnightmare » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:25 am

While I haven't played Undertale myself, I have watched others play it. I can see why people would like it, but it's simply not my cup of tea. And I don't even like tea.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Hans Stockmann

Postby Hans Stockmann » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:42 pm

Pkdragon wrote:also, i played the demo

i got bored

not enough build options

If I'd played the demo before buying instead of going in purely on recommendations I'd have never played the whole thing.

daisy

Postby daisy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:05 am

So I played Undertale. 34 mins of it. I don't get it. I hate the combat, the art style is pretentious, the dialogue is annoying, the controls suck, it's locked at 30fps, the level design is moronic and it just irritated me.

Not my sorta game.

Return to “ASDF”