Bog is giving up smoking - progress topic

Anything and Everything. It all goes here. Be aware that this is NOT a spam board.

Moderator: Hans Stockmann

daisy

Bog is giving up smoking - progress topic

Postby daisy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:10 pm

Current: 4-10 Golden Virginia Green rollies per day
Target: 0 with cravings gone by March

This is more for my own benefit, so I feel like I have someone to answer to. The plan is to limit myself to a maximum 4 fags a day (5th permitted in case of emergency like a panic attack) from Monday 11th until the end of next week, when I will switch to 0 fags a day from then on.

Advice from former smokers is very welcome and desired. Patches don't work and make my skin go weird. The inhalator doesn't work either but I may try it again. Every now and then I will update with progress, notable successes and probably all failures.

Former smokers, if there are any of you, did you feel like you lost a lot of social interaction as a result of quitting?

What happened last time Bog tried to quit?
During the first time, the "low mood" resulted in him being rescued by police from a high window. There may have been knives involved. This was back in 2013 when life was crumpets. Bog was not arrested, but was detained under the mental health act lol.
The second time was a semi-success in that it got Bog down from 20 rollies a day down to a maximum of 10. However it crumbled when his girlfriend at the time, who was supposed to be supporting him, said "for fudge sake dave you are horrible to be around, please go smoke."

scraggypunk

Re: Bog is giving up smoking - progress topic

Postby scraggypunk » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:55 pm

good luck
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:04 pm

May you escape from enlightenment.

Take it slow though. I heard something about your mind being a major factor, with various self-help books aimed at negating this(and we all love self-help books). You'll probably already know that though. Any idea what makes you the most attached to it?

monkymeet
3DS Code: 3480-3067-3928

Postby monkymeet » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:12 pm

i went to e-cigarettes and it helped me quit really quickly

of course, that meant i was now addicted to ecigs...
imageshack swallowed up my sig. This is a placeholder.

daisy

Postby daisy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:09 am

this is stupid

DieselPheonix

Postby DieselPheonix » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:10 pm

Giving up on giving up?

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Postby Bonesy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:11 pm

hope bog likes barking like a dog

Kanzer

Postby Kanzer » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:09 am

Literally rooting for you. I can't move.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Return to “ASDF”