My dad died. So I made a video about how he liked Star Wars.

Anything and Everything. It all goes here. Be aware that this is NOT a spam board.

Moderator: Hans Stockmann

Joey

My dad died. So I made a video about how he liked Star Wars.

Post by Joey » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:03 pm

"Unakau has nicked off. And there was much rejoicing."

Sven

Re: My dad died. So I made a video about how he liked Star Wars.

Post by Sven » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:57 pm

sorry to hear that dude. keep on trucking.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:06 pm

my condolences. making things is a good outlet for such heavy emotions. good for the mind, body and soul. when my mother died my therapist suggested as such to me. i made birdhouses. it felt good
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:23 am

Hey Joey. Sorry to hear that, my condolences.

My pop died about a year and a half ago as well. It is very difficult to deal with, I know.

I agree with scraggy that being creative helps. I have some saved drafts in my blog that I used to vent and try to express the sentiment. Some of them became short stories (which I enjoy to write) with characters based upon us. And yeah, your video is sweet and really funny. ("You might think that's charming. It's not charming. It's just fudge up.")

If you want to talk, or vent, or just hear about another experience and see how it relates to yours, please contact me :) I would be happy to share with you.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:05 am

damn man, good luck

there's one thing i am truly terrified of and it's my parents dying

really wish you the best
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

daisy

Post by daisy » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:43 pm

My dad died four years ago. I echo Linky.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:09 am

I am very sorry to hear this, specially almost two weeks late. I hope you are doing ok. When I said ealier that I care about you guys I meant it.

May I ask what was your father's name? I'd love to do a thing, if that's ok with you.
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:56 am

So. I've gone through loss. Not direct family, thankfully, but I know what mourning a loved one is like. I have learned the value of small, honest gestures of care and love, and how they can, in time, make for memories which will bring up a smile even when remembering dark times.

I watched this video you shared with us, Joey, and figured I could have this little gesture towards you since, well, it's almost 8 years since I first started fighting with lightsabers. Sadly, we had a windy hail and most of my mates here at Versus Madrid were busy but a few joined me to make this possible, even though I didn't give them a heads up to practice beforehand. The first couple seconds of my voice did get cut, though, but well.

I hope it can bring a smile to your face, bud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NiFM8TcfWs

So there's that. I hope you didn't find this disrespectful, or anything, since I didn't really ask for permission. Hope you are doing well, too.

Yup <3
if you burn down all of spain in your quest for thrills, that doesn't mean you get to move to a new country. it means you have to clean up afterward - Deoxy
I won the Pointless Adventure of Nopor Puss - winning command: FALCOWN PAUNCH the Pac-Man.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:02 pm

Kanzer that is so sweet!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:43 am

That was fudge darling. Thanks so much, Kanzer.
"Unakau has nicked off. And there was much rejoicing."

Kanzer

Post by Kanzer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:13 pm

Lots of love, mate.