Lost Frontier (iOS/Android)

Anything and Everything. It all goes here. Be aware that this is NOT a spam board.

Moderator: Hans Stockmann

Hitcher

Lost Frontier (iOS/Android)

Post by Hitcher » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:43 am

I'm absolutely hooked on this game as it feels like the closest thing to AW yet.
Lost Frontier is a turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy-western setting consumed by steam-punk technology and the supernatural. can you survive with just your wit and a six-gun at your side?
Lost Frontier features a 24 mission campaign, which follows the exploits of a band of mercenaries as they hunt a notorious Desperado. Throughout the story, your wits will be tested as the game challenges you to master the use of 20 unique unit types. You’ll take command of a wide range of Wild West forces, from Gunslingers and Cavalry to civil-war era Cannons and Gatling Guns. Or, employ more exotic weapons like steam-powered Gyrocopters and Zeppelins, and enlist the help of dark forces like Werewolves and Necromancers. Careful and strategic use of your resources will be needed to best your merciless opponents.
To help you even the odds, take control of a “Living Legend”, who acts as your commander on the battlefield, and helps to specialize your combat style. Prefer long-range engagements? Enlist the help of Wyatt “Long-Arm” Wilcox, a master sharpshooter who’s long-range units are peerless. Each of 9 unique Legends are available, and level up as you utilize them, steadily unlocking their full potential.
Once you’ve mastered the game, 20 challenge missions await. These are punishingly difficult battles meant to push you and your Legend’s abilities to the limit. Or, feel free to set up custom games against the AI or with your friends via hot seat multiplayer. Set up the rules, choose your legends, and let the bullets fly!

Anyone else play?

Almace

Re: Lost Frontier (iOS/Android)

Post by Almace » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:18 am

I haven't heard of this before but I'm definitely gonna try it out. Definitely looks worth the $3.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:34 am

A steampunk western AW? Sounds awesome!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:01 pm

cue gipface rant

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:38 pm

3 bucks huh? Maybe I'll pop out ye ol' credit card
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:23 pm

most successful adbot ever
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Hitcher

Post by Hitcher » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:40 am

Pkdragon wrote:most successful adbot ever
Seriously?

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:54 am

Do you work for this company though Hitcher?

(If you do there's nothing wrong with promoting it here)
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Hitcher

Post by Hitcher » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:31 am

No, and I've been a member here for 9 years.

I just wanted to share this game here because it doesn't look like we'll ever be getting another Advance Wars game and this, in my opinion, is the next best thing. It would great to get some serious discussion on it with like-minded people.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:55 am

Don't mind PKdragon. We're all going a little nuts in here being ''fans'' of a increasingly obscure strategy game, and distrust strangers. I think.
I mean, his account clearly dates from 2007, and his post is on-topic and would only work here, so if he's a bot it's probably a bot made 9 years in advance to post something a single person could just have as easily posted for real oh wait.

The guys who made it might have some ties with the online aw community at some point though, since the core mechanics seem to be copied from AW. Might not be bad to do some digging on the devs

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:09 am

yes it was a joke
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Narts

Post by Narts » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Dragonite wrote:The guys who made it might have some ties with the online aw community at some point though, since the core mechanics seem to be copied from AW. Might not be bad to do some digging on the devs
That doesn't necessarily say anything other than that the devs lack imagination.

If there are FTA counter infantry and symmetrical maps with 2-3 bases per player that would be a telltale sign.

Hitcher

Post by Hitcher » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:12 am

So did anyone actually try it yet?

I've 3* most the campaign for all characters with the exception of ch21 for a few of them. Probably the hardest lvl in the game imo.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:16 am

I like it a lot. Very decent AW clone, with a few mechanics that help make it its own game. There is a pretty significant difficulty hike around level 11, and I am currently having some trouble on 14 or 15 (the ghoul ambush). I have only played with McGraw as the CO, who is currently 24.

EDIT: I've made it to mission 16, and I am finding it extremely difficult. The recently turned ghoul's ability to move/attack in the same turn as being 'manced is (in my opinion) very unbalanced and makes the necromancer more broken than AWDS Colin. Otherwise, I'm having the same amount of fun/frustration ratios as I've had in all other Advance Wars games.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.