Secret Hitler

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

MysteriousLad

Secret Hitler

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:38 am

Fill, going to dump the stuff here as I think how to convert this game to forum mode.

Game Setup:
At the beginning of the game, each player is secretly assigned to one of three roles by the mod: Liberal, Fascist, or Hitler. Hitler plays for the fascist team, and the fascists know who Hitler is, but Hitler does not know who his fellow fascists are. The Liberals don’t know who anyone is.
  • 6 Liberals
  • 3 Fascists
  • 1 Hitler
The mod should shuffle a list of all the players names as well, which should be made public. Mod also makes a list consisting of "Liberal Policy" eleven times and "Fascist Policy" six times, this is kept secret and is what would be the Policy Deck IRL.

Game Play:
Secret Hitler is played in rounds. Each round has an Election to form a government, a Legislative Session to enact a new policy,
and an Executive Action to exercise governmental power.
  • ELECTION:
    The player at the top of the list the mod shuffled becomes the presidential candidate. After each round the player that was the presidential candidate goes to the bottom of the list. The presidential candidate chooses somebody to be the chancellor (the chosen player can't have enacted the last policy as explained later.) After that all players can cast one vote, either JA or NEIN, on whether they accept this government. If more than 50% of the votes are JA, then the two players become the President and Chancellor. If three Fascist Policies are enacted and Hitler is made Chancellor then the Fascists win. A tie or a majority of NEIN means the ELECTION phase starts over win the next player on the list.

If a government is rejected three times in a row the top policy card on the list is instantly revealed and enacted.
  • LEGISLATIVE SESSION
    The President is Private Messaged by the mod a list of the top three cards on the mod's Policy Deck list. The President chooses one of the three cards to discard and the Chancellor gets to pick a card to discard out of the two remaining cards, also dealt with privately via PM's. Whichever Policy remains is enacted. If at any point there aren't three cards on the list the mod creates a new list only containing all unenacted cards (so if 1 Fascist Policy was enacted there will only be 5 Fascist cards in the mods list).

If the Fascist track veto right is in power then the Chancellor may also choose to veto a policy, if the president then agrees none of the two policies are chosen and the game moves back to the ELECTION phase. If the president doesn't agree then the Chancellor must choose a policy to discard.
  • EXECUTIVE ACTION
    If no Fascist policy was enacted skip this case and go back to the ELECTION PHASE. If a Fascist policy was enacted then the president gets to take whatever action is next on the Fascist track. So the first time a Fascist policy is enacted he gets to investigate somebody.

Investigation results only reveal what party players are aligned with (so Hitler is simply a member of the Fascist party) and the results are sent privately via PM.
Win-Conditions:
The liberals win by enacting five liberal policies or killing Hitler.
The fascists win by enacting six fascist policies, or if Hitler is elected chancellor late in the game.

Tracks:
Fascist:
  1. Inspect Loyalty - The President investigates a player's role.
  2. Inspect Loyalty - The President investigates a player's role.
  3. Call Special Election - The President picks the next presidential candidate. Note that all players that are thus skipped due to this are also sent to the bottom of the list.
  4. Execution - The President must kill a player.
  5. Execution - The President must kill a player and veto power is unlocked.
  6. Government Coup - Fascists win.
Rules:
No out-of-game communication such as Private Messages, etc.
Last edited by MysteriousLad on Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:12 am, edited 16 times in total.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

MysteriousLad

Re: Secret Hitler

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:43 am

Okay, this game would be instantly broken through the usage of Private Messages so we need a rule against that. I'll balance this for 9-10 players but if more join I'll have to adapt.

Wait, wait, wait.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:05 am

Totally in! Will read the rules thoroughly soon.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:29 am

hitler not knowing who their supporters are is a strange rule
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:56 am

I'm not done yet and I'm not hosting, Sven is. I'm just trying to flesh out how that would work to save him some work.

Wait, wait, wait.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:05 am

We probably need a more lax first game to work the kinks out too, as nobody seems to have played the real deal. A randomizer should suffice for the cards, maybe there's one that removes a option once it has been picked.

No PMs is going to be a honor code deal though, and also out of game communications. Probably will work out fine, since it straight out breaks this game, and forum mafia is borderline enhanced by it for some.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:13 am

Finished.
The game is hidiously simple and if Sven understands and leads it well there shouldn't be any issues with the mechanics. Really all Sven needs to do is keep note of who is "to the left" of which player and what cards are next in the deck. Nothing much more than Mafia night action resolution really.

Wait, wait, wait.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:22 am

I am also in. Also I feel like we're gonna need a flowchart or something.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.