Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Town wins on Day Four)

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Four)

Post by Linkman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:43 pm

scraggypunk wrote:ah, but have you considered: i'm not mafia
I thought this was hilarious.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Dragonite

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Town wins on Day Four)

Post by Dragonite » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:29 pm

I realized the fact Bonesy might have gotten it was a snag, but I had fun trying to pressure Scraggy about having no inspection PM to report. Everything on day 4 was overkill really, she was the easy target, and had no way of accusing the rest.

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:48 am

Yeah, the setup was so easy for town, no real way for the mafia to win.

They can last longer by killing confirmed people, but that's in no way a real win condition.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:47 am

The worst part is that an inspection confirms two people: the inspected and the receiver of the result. Unless there is a counter-claim of course, but that can be figured out in two days and always hit a mafia.

It might be a better setup to have the host tell the result. But that also removes the mafia 'tool' of false-claiming. They could be able to vote themselves, though, giving them influence on the result. I'm not sure if that's a good trade-off. We'll have to try, I think. And maybe that's all the power town needs to get as well. Doc/vig powers are pretty wonky in this setup. Vig especially, since it's just a blind lynch vote.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:50 am

seems like a setup that works better with a lot more people
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:05 am

Yeah this was a fun game. There were a few technical difficulties on Terr's end that resulted in me not getting a role PM and thinking I might have been working against my own interests for the first two days.

Yes, hivemind seems like it would be more fun/challenging with at least double the players we had here.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:27 pm

oh i never got a role pm either

i was technically just guessing the entire time, but given that no one actually contacted me i felt pretty safe that i was town
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.