Jester Mafia 2: Game End

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Dragonite

Re: Jester Mafia 2: Day 3

Post by Dragonite » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:25 am

I'm sorry, was somewhat busy last week, and then the long night happened. It isn't my fault the mysterious thing was a dud!

For now, lynch the elephant. You don't want it around when it's private needs pop up..

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:05 am

GOING ONCE

GOING TWICE
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:39 am

i'm sick of yo crumpets you're having too much fun HPD

lynch HPD

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:26 am

lynch sven

except it's not bold, my vote remains on dragonite. make that a kill, guys =D
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:07 am

Sorry, I should have said something. Day officially ended with Dragonite's vote, everything else doesn't count. We are lynching the elephant.

However, I need to wait for something before I can formally end the day. Please be patient.
Dragon Fogel,
Marquis Elmdor's Arch-Nemesis

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt
AW1 version: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Dragon Fogel wrote:Sorry, I should have said something. Day officially ended with Dragonite's vote, everything else doesn't count. We are lynching the elephant.

However, I need to wait for something before I can formally end the day. Please be patient.
Sounds like the fun is ending here. Ah well, fudge.
Grasp the truth! Hold it high!
Thrust your fist, that's how you're supposed to use it!
You must've heard it, go!
Don't be afraid to look yourself in the eye!
Big Blast Sonic, that's my heart beat anew!
—from Big Blast Sonic

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:35 pm

oh god... i'm pretty sure sven has something to do with it and wins...
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 pm

can't keep up with my style biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Jester Mafia 2: Night 4

Post by Dragon Fogel » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:25 am

Apologies for the delay. Let's get this done with, shall we?

Final votes for the day:

The Elephant - 3 (Sven, MysteriousLad, Dragonite)
Dragonite - 2 (Satel, Ainiku)

Everyone gathers around and lynches the elephant. It doesn't seem to particularly take notice and just kind of falls over.

The elephant was the Elephant of Boredom. It was a mythical creature said to appear wherever sufficient boredom emerged. It didn't really do much of anything, though. Apparently it was involved in some sort of criminal activity and therefore counted as Mafia, but as it was not a voting member of the town it didn't contribute to game-ending conditions.

Well, that was certainly an end to a day...

BOOM!

Whoa, what was that? Something exploded. Everyone turns to see Dragonite with the broken remains of some kind of flashing siren at his feet. He's covered in soot, but appears to be fine.

Until, that is, he walks over to MysteriousLad, pulls a knife out of ML's pocket, stabs himself, shoves the knife into ML's hand, and then falls over dead.

Dragonite was the Assassinjester. He belonged to a guild of assassins with very strict rules, but in his heart he wanted to die a jester. As an assassin, he could only kill a name given to him by an unknown employer. Each night, he would receive two names from his employer and could pick one to kill the next day. In addition, to throw suspicion off himself, he could plant evidence on someone during the night, which would make them appear to have performed the kill.

In order to fulfill his dream without breaking the rules of the guild, Dragonite would need his employer to present his own name to him and then use his kill on himself. This has just happened, so Dragonite has won!

He was aligned with the Mafia.

It's now night. Get those actions in.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

WWN's War Room High Scores: http://www.celestialbridge.net/fogel/aw ... scores.txt

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:28 am

Dammit guys.

I can roleclaim now that I know I have lost: I'm the "Third-Party Supporter", a jester that can investigate to find a role at night. I win if a third-party gets lynched. Since the only third-party died a good while ago, I have lost. Thanks Fogel for that ungodly hard win condition.

Also, to run proof of my claim: Sven is mafia, Lad, Ainiku and I are town.

I have nothing to do anymore in this game, except vote and wait for the end.

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:43 am

Haha my invention killed you.
Also, why me?
It seems we are now dutch rivals in mafia.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:43 am

Well that was unexpected... and a sad outcome.

But hey, now it's night. ...zzz...
—from Big Blast Sonic

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:57 am

Some PM error happened, so that's why this day ended so weirdly. Anyway, sweet death.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:59 pm

MysteriousLad wrote:Haha my invention killed you.
Dragon Fogel wrote:Everyone turns to see Dragonite with the broken remains of some kind of flashing siren at his feet. He's covered in soot, but appears to be fine.
Also he won.
BUY GOLD

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Jester Mafia 2: Day 4

Post by Dragon Fogel » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am

Well, it's day now and... wait, what's this? There's a body lying in the middle of the street. It's MysteriousLad!

MysteriousLad was the Jesterventor, an inventor. He had two boxes on him, one was covered in flashing lights and another was just a plain old cardboard box. Each night he could build something from either or both boxes and give it to another jester. They would then be able to use it during the next day.

The invention would have no obvious effect unless it was used on MysteriousLad himself, in which case it would have killed him. He would win if this happened.

Well, it's a new day. Three of you left. Figure out who to lynch.

With three jesters alive, it takes two to lynch.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Oh well...

I guess this will end soon.

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:24 am

WELL SOMEONE GOT A SWEET DEAL OUT OF THAT ELEPHANT

THANK YOU FOR BIDDING!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:30 am

I got a light out of the Lad and I'mma use it on HPD. Because I'm the Most Boring Jester Ever, and I'm damn proud of it. >:3
—from Big Blast Sonic

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:57 am

Ainiku pulls out a hastily-taped together light of some kind and points it in the direction of HPD.

It blinks a few times but doesn't really seem to do anything.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:56 am

lynch HPD

because reasons

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:44 pm

lynch HPD

Bastard wasted my light xD
—from Big Blast Sonic

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:33 am

ahahaahahahaha

SUCKERS

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Jester Mafia 2: Night 5

Post by Dragon Fogel » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:37 am

Final Votes

HPD - 2 (Sven, Ainiku)

Well, that's straightforward enough! Only... where's HPD?

Oh, wait, someone found him hiding in an alleyway. Okay, let's get this done.

HPD was Not Playing The Game. He was not a player at all. His only objective was to enjoy watching the game, which he succeeded in. He was a third party, and not aligned in any way with either the town or mafia.

He probably totally deserved this lynch.

Also, suddenly there's an explosion around Sven. There are parts from a Jack-in-the-box strewn all around him. He seems unharmed, though.

A chicken suddenly flies in from nowhere and starts squawking excitedly. None of you really have time to do anything about this, though, because it's night. Get those actions in and expect the game to end soon.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:49 am

Even after being told I could still win, I didn't have to do anything, and now I won.

SUCKERS

EDIT: Also, I won't be doing anything this night, for reasons I already explained before.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Okay, I may as well say that the outcome of the game has been decided and I just need to get my various notes together.

However! If the people whose actions cannot possibly affect anyone's win submit their actions anyway, I may work those actions into the game ending.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:00 am

Make me inspect myself, just for lolzies.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Jester Mafia 2: Game End

Post by Dragon Fogel » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:32 am

Ainiku stretched his legs and headed over to Sven's place. Things would be ending soon, he figured, but he might as well bore as many people as possible.

But no one showed up.

Ainiku was The Most Boring Jester in the World, committed to proving that even a boring jester could succeed in life, namely by getting lynched.

Each night, he could stand around outside someone's house and bore all visitors, who would tell him just what they'd done that night in order to get him to shut up. He would not learn who visited his target, but he would learn what they had done. In addition, all the visitors he interrogated (but not the actual target) would be bored until something happened to change that. When half the living players were bored at once, the Elephant of Boredom would be summoned, which would have no actual effect.

He was technically town; his win condition was to be lynched.

However, just as Ainiku decided to head home, he found Sven staring right at him, a wicked grin on his face.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Ainiku asked.

"I have absolutely no idea," Sven said, laughing maniacally.

Sven was actually Twelve Boats, who had completely forgotten what she was doing here. She had no idea what her actual role was or whether she was aligned with the town or the Mafia. She only knew her win condition, which was to get HPD lynched. Sure, he might not actually be playing, but that didn't mean he wasn't up to something.

At night, Sven could pick one player to visit, with no idea what actual effect this visit would have.

[color]In actuality, Sven was aligned with the Mafia. But what ability did his role grant him?[/color]

At that very moment, there was a loud stirring in Sven's basement as a massive machine started processing something.

ASSASSIN TARGET 1 IDENTIFIED: AINIKU

LOCATING ASSASSIN...

ERROR: ASSASSIN NOT FOUND

INITIATING CONTINGENCY PROTOCOL: DO IT YOURSELF

CALCULATING ASSASSIN TARGET 2... CALCULATED.

LOCATING ASSASSIN TARGET 2... LOCATED.

PREPARING TO EXECUTE.

At that very moment, completely unaware of all the events going on that night, Satel was rummaging around in his own home for evidence of his alignment. It was an important question to settle, after all.

"Okay, I'm sure there's evidence of my alignment around here somewhere," Satel muttered, poking around behind his bookshelf. "Let's see... aha! Yeah, here it is, my Town Registration Card. Man, how long ago did I fill this thing out? I was so naive back then, I didn't even realize there were third-parties."

Satel was the Third-Party Supporter. Frustrated with the system and how only Town and Mafia could ever win votes, his goal was to get a third-party lynched. To help him out with this objective, he could investigate a player at night and learn their alignment.

Despite his wishes for a Third-Party success, he was himself Town. He would win if a third-party was lynched.

Suddenly, Satel heard a large whirring sound. He turned around to find a strange robot with a printer for a head and a buzzsaw for a hand.

ELIMINATING ASSASSIN TARGET 2.

Satel simply smiled.

"Go ahead. I've already won."

A moment later, it was over.

Sven was, in fact, Dragonite's employer. Apparently, he had secretly hired an assassin, got lazy and built a machine to handle automatically printing out and delivering the contracts for him, and then completely forgot about the whole thing. As well as the fact that the machine would handle carrying out the contracts if the assassin was dead.

"Oh, yeah," Sven says suddenly, as he hears Satel's screams from all the way across town. "I remember now, I'm in the Mafia." He pulls out a knife suddenly. "And it's just down to you and me. Goodbye, Ainiku."

But before Sven can deliver the killing blow, the chicken that turned up at the end of the day flies in and pecks Ainiku to death.

The chicken was the Chicken of Excitement. It would be summoned if enough living players were excited. Apparently it was aligned with the Mafia. It had no actual gameplay effect, but it wanted to do something relevant so it killed off the source of the town's boredom at the very end of the game.

Sven blinks for a bit, then shrugs.

"So, you want to grab a bite to eat?" he asks the chicken. It squawks excitedly in response.

The Mafia has won!

But who cares about that. We want to know which individual players won. Let's see the final scoreboard!

Winners

Q7
Kireato
Satel
Sven
Dragonite

Losers
MysteriousLad
Ainiku
hawkesnightmare

Role PMs and night actions to come soon, as well as an explanation of some behind-the-scenes stuff.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:44 am

Role PMs and additional role notes!

Sven:
Hidden Text
Twelve Boats

You are Twelve Boats! You aren't really sure what's going on in this town. Maybe you're one of the townspeople, or maybe you're in the Mafia. Or maybe you're not either of those! You weren't really paying attention to what you've been doing for the last few years. Whatever it is, you're sure you can do it at night, though.

What you do know is that a bunch of people are calling for a lynch mob, and that can only mean one thing. It's time for HPD to die!

Of course, you don't see him around, but that probably just means he's hiding. Waiting to make his move. You're sure he's Mafia. Unless you are, in which case he's probably the cop or something.

Either way, you don't think anybody's going to be visiting him at night, so if you want him dead you'll probably have to get the mob to go for him.

You have no idea whether you count as town, mafia, or third-party. Consequently, you do not know what any hypothetical alignment-checking roles would show you as.

Each night, you may choose one person to visit. You have no idea what effects, if any, your visit will have.

You win if HPD is lynched.

Additional notes:

HPD privately suggested a role to me that was trying to get him lynched. This immediately made me think of Deoxy/Twelve Boats. Then I remembered this.

I wasn't sure what the action would do until I started thinking about the assassin role, and then it hit me that having the assassin get names from a player who had no idea what their action did was perfect.

So let me get into how the role actually worked behind the scenes. Before the game actually started, I randomized a list of the player names, getting this result:

-MysteriousLad
-Q7
-Sven
-Ainiku
-hawkesnightmare
-dragonite
-Satel
-Kireato

When Dragonite was alive, Sven would unknowingly send him two names based on the name he chose. Those would normally be the name he chose and the next living player on the list.

There was one added rule, to make it harder to figure out what was going on: Dragonite would not get the same name two nights in a row, unless the playerlist was down to three and a kill failed. I handled this by simply skipping over the previous night's names, even if Sven picked the same player twice.

When Dragonite died, Sven's night action became a kill. However, the player who was killed was the next person on the secret list. This kill would not show up in Ainiku's results.

If Sven had died before Dragonite, his alignment would not have been revealed and neither would the effects of his action.
Dragonite:
Hidden Text
Assassinjester

You are a highly trained assassin, an excellent killer. But you only offer your services to those willing to pay for them.

However, over your last few years of assassination, you've come to realize that this is not your true calling in life. You are, at heart, a jester. And you think it would be absolutely hilarious if you were to apply your carefully-honed killing skills against yourself.

Sadly, you are bound by code to only kill those you have a contract for. But an opportunity has come up. For in this town, you have a special arrangement with your employer, one where neither of you knows each other's identity.

The assassin's guild has a procedure in such cases: to prevent an accidental order to kill the assassin, the employer provides you with a list of two names, and you select one to kill. Of course, the intention is that you will not select your own name, but there is no actual requirement not to.

In addition, your kills will not take place at night. They will happen during the day, though with your skills, no one will realize it was you. In fact, you can make this even more likely by planting evidence on someone else the night before you make your kill. Hopefully this will allow you to last through the day phases long enough to end your own life.

You are aligned with the Mafia, for the purposes of ending the game. Your kill is the Mafia kill. You do not know who else is in the Mafia, it's probably your employer but who even knows in this kind of game.

At the start of each day phase, you will be given two names, chosen by another player whose identity you do not know. You must pick one of those names to kill at some point during the day.

At night, you may plant evidence on someone else. This will cause it to appear that they are responsible for your kill the following day.

You win if you successfully kill yourself due to a contract. If you somehow kill yourself through other means, which may or may not be possible, this will be a half-win because you will have brought shame to your guild due to breaking the rules. If you survive the game or die through any means other than your own kill, such as being lynched, you will lose.

Additional notes: In case you missed it the first time, Dragonite's employer was actually Sven in the Twelve Boats role but he didn't know it.

This was a role I came up with for an actual serious game I ran on another forum. That game was overall a horribly unbalanced mess, but I liked this role and always wanted to use it again. I figured doing something silly with it in a Jester game would be fun.

The basic notion was that the Employer and Assassin roles didn't know who their partner was. In the game where I ran it, the employer was trying to get the assassin killed and the assassin was trying to kill everyone except herself and her employer. But those win conditions are variable.

The employer gives two names so that the assassin has an alternative if one of those names is hers.

The killing-during-the-day and planting-evidence-at-night aspects were not part of the original role. They were added to be sillier, and also so I could get an action for Dragonite during the night without having to wait for names from Sven.

If Sven had died first, Dragonite's kill would have moved to the night. It would have worked the same way as Sven's kill, but he would be told that it was a kill and that it would hit someone other than the person he actually targeted. Basically he'd find Sven's name-printing machine. It would give him two names if he entered one, and he'd kill the second name; he wouldn't be allowed to enter his own name into the machine.
hawkesnightmare:
Hidden Text
Parasite

You are a parasite. You fuel yourself on the abilities and desires of others. And man, do you ever love it.

The only thing is, you don't really have a goal in life. Sure, you'd like to attach yourself to a host organism and feed off their life energy, but that's not really a higher purpose.

Fortunately, you may have picked the perfect place to find such an objective. Everyone here seems to be really sure of what they want to achieve with their life, even if it's ending it.

So why not use your parasitic powers to steal their glory? Just slip your way in at night, learn their deepest desire, wait for them to declare victory, and then take it for yourself.It's the perfect crime.

Well, as long as they win before the next night cycle. You can't stay in the same host for too long, after all, that would just get boring. You can't use the same host two nights in a row.

It's worth noting that infecting someone is messy business, and you'll leave all sorts of things lying around their place while you're doing it. This means if there's somebody going around checking alignments, if they investigate your current host, that player will show up as Third-Party. This probably won't make much of a difference to you, though.

Oh, and obviously if your host dies, you'll go down with them. You'll also probably explode with joy if you get a victory condition even if your host survives it. But it'll be SO WORTH it to taste that sweet, delicious victory.

By default, you have no win condition.

However, every night you may choose someone as your host. You will learn their ability and win condition, and their win condition becomes your own.

Should your host achieve victory on either the night you infect them or the day after, you will claim it and they will not. However, barring special circumstances which may or may not happen, you will die if your host does, which is often going to be a prerequisite to their victory. Should you achieve a win condition without dying, you will still leave the game, though your host will remain.

You will lose if you fail to achieve a win condition over the course of the game.

If there are any alignment-checking roles, they will identify you as third-party. They will also identify anyone you're infecting as third-party.

Additional notes:
In case I wasn't clear: if someone earned their win condition but hawkesnightmare was infecting them, the win would only count for hawkesnightmare. If the original player managed to survive, though, they could try to get their win a second time. They would have been informed that the victory felt empty someow.

That said, if hawkesnightmare died before their host got a win, that would just count as a win for the host.

Also I just realized the bold text said "you would learn your host's ability and win condition", but I only told hawkesnightmare Sven's win condition. Not that the ability knowledge would have been helpful in that specific case.
Satel:
Hidden Text
Third-Party Supporter

You're sick of this freaking two-party system, it's ruining everything.

The votes keep going to either Town or Mafia. What kind of a lousy choice is that? Sure, if push comes to shove you support the Town, you guess, but you want other choices. And that means you've got to show that they can succeed.

Of course, you're going to need to do some research to figure out which party someone belongs to. You have to cast an informed vote, after all! So at night, you can pick someone and go through their public statements (and maybe also their trash cans) to figure out where they stand. Then, hopefully, you can find a third-party candidate and get them to win one of these votes.

It's the only way to fix the system.

You are aligned with the Town, mostly because they're the least bad option right now. This is important to your win condition in that you're not third-party.

Each night, you can pick one player and will learn their alignment.

You win if a player with a Third-Party alignment is lynched.

Additional notes:

Obviously, Satel would have won if hawkesnightmare was lynched. Not mentioned is that would have gotten a half-win if hawkesnightmare's host was lynched and hawkesnightmare died that way. Of course, the Parasite role just died, so that didn't come into play.

I realized after a while that I needed an alignment for HPD, and later than that I realized that allowing an HPD lynch meant I had to count all joke votes so counting that particular one wouldn't look out-of-place. I opted to just randomize at the time of lynch; they would be town, mafia, or third-party completely at random, with a one-in-three chance of each. So any joke lynch had a one-in-three chance of giving Satel a win.

The Chicken of Excitement's alignment was also randomized, I only did the "role reveal" because I'd already done one for the elephant.
Q7:
Hidden Text
Wrestler Jestler

HELL YEAH YOU ARE READY TO RUMBLE!

But only in the middle of the night! You don't want to wrestle in broad daylight when any old joker can see you! No, you need an audience that's willing to come and watch you wrestle a stranger whose house you're breaking into!

Because that's how you roll! And you wrestle ALL NIGHT, so whoever you're wrestling won't have time to do anything! But anyone who visits the person you're wrestling is gonna SEE YOU and they are gonna LOVE IT! They'll be so excited it'll last them for DAYS! Hell yeah!

And then you are gonna get lynched SO HARD! Because that's the only way you wanna go out! But you're gonna see just how many people you can get PUMPED UP before then! Might even help you out somehow!

You are aligned with the Town, for what that's worth.

Each night, you can wrestle someone, which will prevent them from taking any action that night.

Anyone who visits your target will watch the match and get excited! People who visit you won't, though, because they'll probably be poking around at your house, or maybe waiting in the bushes to ambush you.

Your win condition is to get lynched; there are no conditions on how many people need to be excited before then. However, if enough people are excited at once, something good might happen. Or possibly bad. Who knows, right?

Additional notes:

If at least half the living players were excited at once, the Chicken of Excitement would be summoned. This would have no particular effect other than to be silly.

At one point I was thinking of having excitement be part of the win condition, but I decided that was too complicated on the player side.

I didn't think of the Elephant of Boredom or Chicken of Excitement until after the game had started, not that it mattered much.

"But how did the Chicken of Excitement get summoned if Q died early?" you might be wondering. Well, keep reading and you'll find out...
Ainiku:
Hidden Text
Most Boring Jester

You're the most boring jester in the world, and you're damn proud of it. You're going to prove that you can get lynched just as much as any of those other jesters, even if you're not as interesting or funny.

But as long as you're still here, you may as well try to bore as many people as possible. So you figure you'll stand around outside someone's house and talk to anyone who stops by! Before long, you'll have bored them so much that they'll explain what they were planning to do there just to get you to shut up.

Good things might happen if you bore enough people, or maybe bad things. Either way, your only objective is to get lynched.

Your alignment is Town. This only matters if there's a role that can check your alignment.

Each night, you can pick one other player and bore everyone who visits them. In doing so, you will learn what actions those players can do but not their identities.

These players will also be bored. If enough players are bored at once, something might happen.

Your win condition is to be lynched. The number of bored players in the game is not part of your win condition, but increasing that number may help you earn it. Or not.

Additional notes:

I came up with the idea of the Most Boring Jester fairly early, but it took me a while to figure out what the role would actually do. I ended up just making it a mirror of the Wrestler Jestler, with a different effect in the night.

If Ainiku visited whoever Sven targeted, he'd been informed that one of the actions was "something, you have no idea what". He would not see Sven on a kill after Dragonite died.
MysteriousLad:
Hidden Text
Jesterventor

You're the Jester Inventor! You think jesterhood has barely scratched the surface of comedy and you're here to make new innovations in the field.

You've got two boxes of materials. One is a perfectly ordinary cardboard box. The second is a very colorful box with lots of bells and whistles on it. You can pick one box to work from, or if you're feeling really ambitious, you can try using parts from both.

Whatever you choose, you'll work through the night on your project, and find yourself with just enough time to deliver it to one lucky jester. Then, hopefully it will blow up in your face the next day.

Your alignment is Town, but this is of minimal importance.

Each night, you can choose to take parts from the cardboard box, the colored box, or both. You can also choose one player other than yourself to deliver the resulting invention to.

Whoever receives the invention will be able to use it the next day. You have no idea what sort of effect it will have, but if it's used on you it will definitely kill you.

Your win condition is to die to one of your own inventions in this way.

Additional notes: I decided to use the inventor as a supplement to the Boredom/Excitement system, even though it had no real effects.

The plain box made inventions that would bore whoever the invention was used on. The flashy box made inventions that would excite the target. If both boxes were used, the resulting invention would set the target to neutral.

If an invention didn't get used for a whole day phase, it would explode and take effect on the person it was given to.

Because I messed up on Dragonite's PM on the next-to-last day, I gave MysteriousLad an extra invention to hand out.

On the final day, I mistakenly thought Ainiku was excited and summoned the Chicken of Excitement when Sven's invention exploded at day end. However, since Ainiku didn't use his invention on a valid target and the chicken didn't affect anything anyways, I'm retroactively claiming that as the reason.
Kireato:
Hidden Text
Name Thief

You've been a jester all your life, but lately you've been more and more frustrated with your name.

So you're going to change it! Except you haven't really got any ideas for a new name. Luckily, all these other people are around and they have names they don't really need... You'll just slip over in the night and take a new name for yourself!

You're not cruel, though. You won't leave them without a name. You'll just leave yours with them, not like you're going to need it.

But, well... maybe the new name won't stick. You feel like you could only hold onto a new name for a day or so. That's okay, you can grab another the next night.

You won't be satisfied unless you get lynched under your new name, though. That's the only way for a true Jester to go out! And then the name will be yours forever!

Of course, if anyone tries to do something to that name during the day, like voting for it, it's going to affect you instead of the original owner. And if anyone tries to do something to your old name, it'll happen to whoever you gave the name to.

Note that this only happens during the day. At night, your names switch back, and it takes you a whole night to pull off a switch.

Your alignment is Town, not that this is relevant to your goals at all.

Each night, you may pick one player and switch your name with theirs for the duration of the next day phase. This will not be noticeable in any way; however, all votes for them will count for you and vice versa. In addition, if any sort of event happens during the day that affects a player, it will affect you if it would have affected your target and vice versa.

You win if you are lynched under the name you switched with on the previous night.

Additional notes: I got someone else to run a Jester game on another forum so I could participate. However, the game proved unwieldy mechanically and a lot of players went inactive, so it fell apart after a while.

The reason I mention that game is that I had a role similar to this one. Differences were that it only affected lynch votes and I could switch any two names, (I was switching nametags around) but since my win condition was to get lynched it made the most tactical sense for one of those names to be my own. I came within one or two votes of winning on two consecutive days.

Anyways, I liked the role so I tweaked it a bit, and this was the result.
Night actions will take a bit while I re-check them. In the meantime, here's the Quicktopic I left for dead players and HPD to chat in. All the actions are somewhere in there if you really can't wait to find out: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/TJsVPDMC9KARq
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:05 am

Night actions! And the day event log while I'm at it, for completeness.
Hidden Text
Night 1:

-hawkesnightmare infects Sven. Gains win condition of getting HPD lynched.
-Sven picks Kireato with no idea what it will do. Kireato and MysteriousLad's names will be sent to Dragonite.
-MysteriousLad uses both boxes on Q7, but gets roleblocked.
-Kireato steals hawkesnightmare's name.
-Dragonite pins the murder on MysteriousLad.
-Satel inspects Kireato, result is Town.
-Q7 wrestles MysteriousLad. Dragonite is Excited.
-Ainiku bores Dragonite. Nobody visits.

Day 1:

Dragonite tries to kill Kireato, but kills hawkesnightmare instead due to role-stealing.
Q7 is lynched and becomes our first winner.

Night 2:

-Sven visits Kireato again. Names sent the previous night are skipped, so Dragonite receives the names Sven and Ainiku.
-Kireato steals Sven's name.
-Satel checks Sven, discovering he's Mafia.
-Dragonite plants evidence on MysteriousLad again.
-MysteriousLad creates a Boring invention and gives it to Dragonite.
-Ainiku goes to be a bore around Sven. He finds out about the name theft and the alignment check. Kireato and Satel are Bored.

-Day 2:

Dragonite uses the Boring invention on Ainiku, boring him. Actually redundant, he starts Bored, but that's how it goes.
Dragonite kills Sven, but Kireato dies instead due to name theft, getting a half-win. Later his corpse is lynched for a full win.

-Night 3:

-Dragonite frames MysteriousLad again.
-Sven picks Dragonite. The result is that Dragonite will get his own name and Satel's.
-MysteriousLad gives Dragonite an invention from the box of exciting stuff.
-Satel checks MysteriousLad. Result is Town. If anyone's wondering, the fake evidence doesn't affect the alignment check.
-Ainiku is a bore around MysteriousLad's place. Learns that he's getting false evidence planted on him and having an alignment check done. Dragonite goes from Excited to Bored; Satel remains Bored.

Day 3:

Somehow I don't send a PM to Dragonite even though I distinctly remember writing it out. He still gets his kill and the day doesn't formally end until it happens. He targets himself and wins; he's also Excited immediately before dying because he didn't use the invention, but he didn't get a chance.

The Elephant of Boredom is lynched. A random roll gives it the Mafia alignment.

Because of the PM error, I give MysteriousLad an extra invention made from the remnants of the one he gave Dragonite.

Night 4:

-Satel checks Ainiku.
-MysteriousLad gives the recycled-due-to-PM-mishaps invention (Exciting!) to Ainiku and gives an item made from the Exciting box to Sven.
-Sven suspects he's a killing role and visits Satel. This is true now, but what he doesn't know is that he's hitting MysteriousLad instead.
-Ainiku is a bore around MysteriousLad's place. He doesn't see anyone because Sven didn't actually target MysteriousLad.

Day 4:

Ainiku uses the recycled Exciting invention on HPD, who is not in the game.

HPD is lynched, random roll gives Third-Party alignment. Sven and Satel win.

Ainiku uses the recycled invention on somebody not in the game. Sven doesn't use his invention at all. I mistakenly think Ainiku is Excited already and Sven's invention explodes on him, so I bring out the Chicken of Excitement; when I realize my mistake, I rule that using an invention on a non-player doesn't actually count so Ainiku got Excited from that.

Night 5:

Satel inspects himself for kicks.
Sven visits Ainiku, which kills off Satel. Visiting Satel would have killed Sven and ended the game in a town win.
Ainiku goes to be a bore around Sven, but nobody shows up. Not even the killer robot.
The Chicken of Excitement pecks Ainiku to death for pure flavor. A random roll gives the chicken an alignment of Mafia.
I think that covers everything. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: I just realized there was only one actual lynch that killed a living player. That's great.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:15 am

Good job, guys. This game was pretty good.

My only objective here was to get Sven to win. I did a bit of behind-the-scenes work in that regard. Mostly just notifying Satel that he'd get a win if I got lynched.

Turns out that was a 1/3 chance that I'd turn up third-party and that I actually rolled it!

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:24 am

Not to mention that Satel didn't even vote for you.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:27 am

This was fun, more activity would be amazing though. It would allow post analysis and complots. Come on WWN, wake up and help me kill this chicken with flashy lights.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:30 am

Dragon Fogel wrote:Not to mention that Satel didn't even vote for you.
I honestly have no clue why Ainiku jumped on that lynch. There was nothing in it for him. At least Satel had a good reason to do so.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:04 am

The best thing is, I didn't even have to vote for HPD.

My brother jumped in there just for kicks, even though he actually knew this would make me win.

I guess he either didn't know or didn't care that this would most likely screw him out of winning himself.

st3rn fudge st3rn

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:50 am

If ML and Ainiku hadn't been in this game I don't think I would have won as easily as I did. Seriously, I can't believe you two are still salty about that.
BUY GOLD

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:00 am

i had a lot of fun with this despite how inactive it seemed

kireato MVP saving my ass

hpd you lovable scamp working behind the scenes for me

i take it all back you silly euros have a sense of humor after all

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Satel wrote:The best thing is, I didn't even have to vote for HPD.

My brother jumped in there just for kicks, even though he actually knew this would make me win.

I guess he either didn't know or didn't care that this would most likely screw him out of winning himself.
I did that for funsies and cause I really had nothing else to do. Confirmed in case anyone needs it.
Even though I lost by technicalities, this game was fun, so in my head it's a win :) Make of that what you will.
—from Big Blast Sonic

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm hosting Jester mafia on another group of people now. Straight up stole this game (minus the parasite, because there are only seven). Events are even crazier than they were here.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Dragon Fogel
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Dragon Fogel » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:29 pm

The Third-Party Supporter is going to be so mad at you.
Dragon Fogel,

Don't call me "Dragon".

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:13 pm

I changed the name thief to third party to accommodate.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.