Advance Wars Upick: The Underdogs (Mafia) Win!!!

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Pkdragon

Re: Advance Wars Upick: Day 2!!!

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:29 am

Mafia can figure out who is protected at night because they kill every night, so when their kill fails, it's because they have hit a protected player. They can then ready a power that kills regardless of protection against that player.

A civilian vigilante can only guess who is mafia; at all times during the game, he is more likely to hit civilians. Moreover, an ability that breaks protection would certainly be a power, and thus require star charging.
ah yeah, that actually makes sense. i'm trying to think in terms of this mafia game, but it's really easy to think about things in terms of normal mafia game. i didn't even consider a power that could break protection, but it makes a lot of sense, especially given how strong your powers are and how many people have protection (and makes hpd's scop even weaker, lol)

also, i'm just going to throw this out there, i don't really mind the slow pace of the game. honestly if this game ended TOO fast it wouldn't be any fun. most mafia games only last 4-5 days, and that's fine for a normal mafia game. but this game has power charging which means stuff is going to happen in spikes, meaning if we go too fast not as much interesting stuff will happen. i mean, q7 can only investigate people for alignment every 5 turns if he doesn't get help with charging his stars, which is a significant nerf to the speed of the town. (with that in mind, i agree that we need to charge up q7's power too.)

i'm just worried we might lose some people. this game really needs the town to work together in order to achieve optimal charging, and we've got quite a few people who are pretty inactive or barely playing.

overall i do think that lynching death ray is a better idea than lynching linkman tho.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:50 am

i kinda miss the KILL RAPE PLUNDER routine you had going
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:59 am

it was waaay too hard to think of things to say tho

especially cuz i haven't actually played days of ruin in years

also i actually am really starting to admire the mechanics of this game. the individual player balance is... sketchy at best, but there's some interesting things going on. i think the thing i like most about this game is that everyone can conceivably help, if nothing else by charging someone else's stars.

i also think it's crazy how much information we've gotten about people without anyone even dying yet.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:02 am

Linkman, someone told me that, too once.

He told it back when he knew.

Honestly, I'm just bored as hell right now.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:15 am

Linkman, I'll let you off. Recent developments gave me doubts.

Lynch that stupid Deathray
Keep in mind that I'm only in it for the free COP.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:19 am

Tired, no flavour yet.
Votecount wrote: Airnike: 0 :
Satel: 1 : Linkman
HPD: 2 : Twelve Boats, Death Ray
Q7: 0 :
Hawkesnightmare: 0 :
Kireato: 2 : Pkdragon, Q7
Linkman: 2 : HPD, Hawkesnightmare
Twelve Boats: 0 :
Pkdragon: 0 :
(+1 to Lynch) (+1 Vote) Kiltman2: 0 :
Dragonite: 0 :
(2 Left) Death Ray: 4 : Dragonite, Kireato, Satel, Airnike
No Lynch: 0 :

Not Voting: Kiltman2

Time Left: 1 Day, 5 Hours, 33 Minutes

It takes 6 to lynch.

Kiltman will be replaced if he doesn't post by the end of the Day. Unless you lot don't want that. Lynching the Death Ray will give stars.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:04 am

So is anyone going to change vote or should I end the day?

Wait, wait, wait.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:29 am

Well HPD was pretty adamant about lynching Linkman, maaaaybe he doesn't want to charge Linkman's power and would rather charge QQQQQQQ7777777. And Linkman could also make a more useful vote than the one he's making now.

You never know?
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:39 am

Such as?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:32 am

I'm sure you should be able to see for yourself instead of asking everybody what to do like a sheep.

You disappoint me, Linky.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:54 am

Oh shush st3rnie
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:53 am

Kireato wrote:Twelve Boats, aren't your actions even sillier? :O

I mean, think about it. HPD's day to day means he gains one extra star when no one lynches him. But if you align two votes against him, something which doesn't result in an actual lynch of HPD, all you do is grant him that extra star anyway!

If you truly wished to get in HPD's way, you would make one vote against him, and use the other on someone else... Like your buddy, QQQQQQQ7777777 who is Sonja. :D
i see thinking ain't your strong suit. i'm killing hpd cause he's a bad guy in every game and the point of these games is to get rid of the bad guys. i'm not paying attention to all this cop scop nonsense cause ya'll lying anyway
the dream

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:20 am

CO Twelve Boats

:skill: Adept at lynching HPD. +1 vote against all targets named HPD.

:smallstar: :smallstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

:power: Lynch HPD
Lynches HPD instantly

:super: Mo' lynchin' HPD
Exposes HPD for the evil person that he is, then lynches HPD. Lynches HPD again at end of turn.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:32 am

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:00 am

It's pretty much a stalemate at this point. The inactivity will probably get worse if we still have many days to spare. You have my vote for ending day, at the very least.

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:04 am

Why is Twelve Boats not named Deoxy anymore by the way? It's easier to remember.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:42 am

i had a stalker for a while
the dream

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:00 am

Oh so THAT's why

MysteriousLad

Re: Advance Wars Upick: Night 2!!!

Post by MysteriousLad » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Ok, nobody has changed votes so I'll end the day a few hours earlier.
Satel: 1 : Linkman
HPD: 2 : Twelve Boats, Death Ray
Q7: 0 :
Kireato: 2 : Pkdragon, Q7
Linkman: 2 : HPD, Hawkesnightmare
(+1 to Lynch) (+1 Vote) Kiltman2: 0 :
(LYNCHED) Death Ray: 4 : Dragonite, Kireato, Satel, Airnike

Not Voting: Kiltman2

Time Left: Early Day End.

It takes 6 to lynch. Majority Lynch!

Kiltman2 is being replaced.
Dragonite organised the charge, commanding the 4 armies working together to neutralise a cannon they saw as a threat. Kireato had to distract and then Satel and Airnike would just pound it with shells. They expected others to join the assault, however none came. However this didn't hinder them, all was going well.
It took a few punches from a Med-Tank to take it out, and it went out with a bang. A fireball rose into the sky, stretching itself across the horizon. Satel who had been the one commanding the Med-Tank had been at the front of the assault, he had positioned all his units there. The explosion killed them all which activated the force surrender mechanic...

Satel has been eliminated, he was Isabella. He was aligned with himself.
Satel wrote:Image
Welcome Satel, you are Isabella.

Affiliation: Nationless, Allied Nations

Abilities:
  • Day to Day:
    --Amnesiac: Each night you may visit a player to try and join their nation. The player you visit will get a message and can accept or deny your request. You will be notified of your success/failure the next night and if you failed you will be told the name of the nation you tried to join.
    --Intuition: You know Caulder is in this game.
    --Military Knowledge: You are not affected by night-actions of the IDS.
  • COP:
    --Overall Force Boost[****]: You gain one vote for the next day and it takes one more to lynch you.
  • SCOP:
    --Deep Strike[******]: Only members of your nation may vote and you gain an extra vote tomorrow.
Win Condition:
3rd Party-You win if Caulder gets lynched. If he is night-killed you gain the following win condition:
You win when all members of Neo Black Hole are dead.

Do not post until I say the game has begun! Have fun :)
I'll send out PM's saying how many stars you have. Night 2 has now begun!

Wait, wait, wait.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:00 pm

BAHAHA
And I had a premonition it would do that, but I kept silent.
I can't believe I was right.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:02 pm

wait what

i am confused

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Don't tell me, duh.

The Death Ray is usually unable to actually kill anything by itself.

Oh well, I guess my boredom ends here. Time to see how everything plays out.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:44 pm

What. The. F**k.

The Death Ray actually took out the first one who attempted to lynch it. I'm sure it's that.
ML, you crafty bastard.

Oh well. :X
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 pm

Mysteriouslad was counting the Death Ray vote, so I don't see any reason to disbelieve that it can lynch vote.
I was under the impression that it was just a random kill on one of those who successfully lynches it.

I'm looking forward to more inventions from Lash. :D

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:00 am

gee guys that was a very useful lynch

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:03 am

It's why I asked why it was possible at all at first(it being just a gimmick no lynch) Although I didn't see it blowing up coming..

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:55 am

It's kinda funny that poor little Satel went to HPD's saying "Can I play with you guys?", got rejected and then blew up.

Satel for Oliver Twist.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:40 am

i suppose this means that twelve boats is officially winning

lynch hpd confirmed for success

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:21 am

Satel still had a brilliant SCOP that was basically a free lynch.

His objective just sucked balls.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:00 am

i can confirm HPD

i was whining as much as possible to drop attention, but my SCOP was still a day of complete dominance

i just wish i could have witnessed that moment when you all try to suck me up just so that i lynch whoever you want... eh, i guess next time

EDIT: i will plan another game themed like this. no matter how the current one turns out, i like the concept a lot

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:17 am

Satel wrote:i can confirm HPD

i was whining as much as possible to drop attention, but my SCOP was still a day of complete dominance

i just wish i could have witnessed that moment when you all try to suck me up just so that i lynch whoever you want... eh, i guess next time

EDIT: i will plan another game themed like this. no matter how the current one turns out, i like the concept a lot
Same here, this is still seeing how stuff works. Anywayz, send me those night-actions!

Wait, wait, wait.

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:22 am

easy game easy life
the dream

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:08 pm

I already have some personal thoughts about things you can change around with AW mafia, but I'll share them when the game is over.

Are you giving Kilty some time, or are you still waiting for others?

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:23 pm

I don't think anyone can take Kilt's place at this point. :/ Whatever his night action is, smells like random spirit to me.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Re: Advance Wars Upick: Day 3!!!

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:46 am

The sun rose over the battlefield, it's beams of light seeking and eliminating the darkness. The rain had passed, finally allowing the clear skies to be seen.
All seemed fine at first, until it turned out QQQQQQQ7777777 had been eliminated. Someone had sent in an APC containing a single infantry. It had been unloaded on QQQQQQQ7777777's HQ. The attack was unexpected and QQQQQQQ7777777 didn't have time to react. Before he knew it he had been wiped from the face of the earth. Who was this attacker?
That's up to you all to figure out.
HPD: 0 :
Kireato: 0 :
Linkman: 0 :
Kiltman2: 0 :
Neotank Mk.2: 0 :

Not Voting: Airnike, HPD, Hawkesnightmare, Kireato, Linkman, Twelve Boats, Pkdragon, Kiltman2, Dragonite

Time Left: 4 Days, 3 Hours, 50 Minutes

It takes 6 to lynch.

Thank you all for the short night, I'm still seeking a replacement for Kiltman though. Unless he posts suddenly I'll continue this search.
QQQQQQQ7777777 was aligned with the Allied Nations, he was Sonja.
QQQQQQQ7777777 wrote:Image
Welcome Q7, you are Sonja.

Affiliation: Yellow Comet, Allied Nations

Abilities:
  • Day to Day:
    --Fog Bringer: Each day has a 25% chance of being foggy.
    --Weather Tactics: When it is foggy you become immune to all night-actions.
    --Encrypted Intel: Your stars can't be stolen or removed.
  • COP:
    --Enhanced Vision[**]: Tonight you may target a player to receive a list of all their abilities.
  • SCOP:
    --Counter Break[*****]: You may target a player to receive their alignment tonight.
Win Condition: Allied Nations- You win when all members of Neo Black Hole are dead.

Do not post until I say the game has begun! Have fun :)
Day 3 has begun!

Wait, wait, wait.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:49 am

No one seems to want to talk first. Hi.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:39 pm

So Kireato, who'd you use your stuff on

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:35 pm

hawkesnightmare wrote:No one seems to want to talk first. Hi.
Don't see you saying very much.

Honestly, it sucks that the inspector died. But I'm not surprised, saw that coming eventually, just was hoping it would take longer for it to happen. Like, long enough for him to at least confirm someone's powers.

My only hope is that we have a second investigator. The reason I say that is that Kir's doctor powers got a massive buff, while Q7's inspector powers were a nerf. So maybe there's a second one out there to balance that out? That's probably way too optimistic.
Linkman wrote:So Kireato, who'd you use your stuff on
I'd rather Kir not answer that. It'd be helpful to get information about what happened last night, but if he DID decide to target someone else, the mafia really doesn't need to know who. Let's keep them guessing about SOMETHING.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:50 pm

I kinda still wanna go after Linkman.

But yeah, let's consider our options first before we jump into action.

cool guys so far:
moi
pk (but hasn't been pressured yet really)
kir

might've said too much:
q7

shady as balls:
linkman
dragonite
hawke

no clue:
deoxy
ainiku
the mystery of the lost kilt

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:09 pm

As would say Grit: "Aw, shucks."

The obvious inspector roleclaim meant this was coming for him just as obviously.

Also, like pk said (wait, am I agreeing with THE BEAST), let's keep the mafia guessing about at least something.

Now I'm highly suspecting Linkman of being a fraud, so I'll keep pointing my finger of suspicion in his direction.

Also, a living sack of crumpets stole a star from me. I should have four, I have 3. Who did that? Denounce yourself, vile scoundrel!
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.