SECRET HITLER - DRAW CALLED

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Narts

Re: SECRET HITLER - DRAGONITE CHOOSE CHANCELLOR

Post by Narts » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:35 am

Does anyone think these games are a bit racist?

The bad guys are always italians

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:20 am

Yeah, it's in the rules that the government is rejected in case of a tie.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:38 am

ok then i don't feel that bad
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:48 am

Oh well. Drags better make a good pick.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:21 am

dragonite has chosen AN ILLEGAL TARGET

EDITED OOPS

will update later

feel free to discuss/vote
Last edited by Sven on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:23 am

Welp, ML handed me two fascist cards earlier. Dragonite has not posted for a week. I don't know whether to believe Narts' or Pk's claims.

Rejecting this one, and probably the next one as well, seeing as that's going to be Linkman again.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:29 am

Wait a second, that's an illegal action! MLad enacted the last policy, so dragonite CAN'T choose him.

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:32 am

pick someone else dragonite

follow the rooolz

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: SECRET HITLER - VOTE FOR LINKMAN AND XENESIS

Post by HPD » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:45 am

Kireato wrote:Fun fact: the policy deck does not get shuffled until it cannot sustain the cards we need to draw from it. This means in turn that if a president has to draw three cards, since there are only two cards left, the policy deck gets reshuffled. But if we only have to draw one because the people are enacting the top policy of the policy deck because we fail to elect a government? The deck doesn't get reshuffled, and we get to know what cards are left at the bottom of the deck.
Actually I just reread the Dropbox rules file to see whether this is correct. Turns out it isn't:
Official rules wrote:If there are fewer than three cards remaining in the Policy deck
at the end of a legislative session, shuffle them with the
discard pile to create a new Policy deck. Unused policies should
never be revealed, and they should not be simply placed on top of
the new Policy deck.
In other words, the bottom two cards have technically already been reshuffled into the deck ever since MLad's turn ended.

Narts

Post by Narts » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:54 am

I thought it felt weird this kind of tactic would be legitimate

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:03 am

so the odds are a tad bit less in our favor than 50-50

we'll also never know for sure if someone lied about their cards

damn this game is sadistic.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:30 am

Even if we could have seen those two cards, we wouldn't know exactly who lied.

Actually, before claiming that the rules stated that resetting the policy deck should only occur if there are less cards in the policy deck than need to be drawn, I had checked the dropbox rules file. I guess I must have misread it since it clearly states that the policy deck has to be reshuffled when it has less than 3 cards.

Just go ahead and pick Xenesis for chancellor, I'll vote Ja this time, Dragonite. Or you know, pick whatever.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:09 pm

dragonite you can't choose HPD either

anyone else is fair game i promise

Sven

Re: SECRET HITLER - VOTE FOR DRAGONITE AND LINKMAN

Post by Sven » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:20 pm

We're voting on approving the government of President Dragonite and Chancellor Linkman! Send me a PM with your vote!

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:50 pm

I'm sorry for my shoddy application of the rules. Not having a good time with life lately, and it's been showing here.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:37 pm

Stll NEINing.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:36 pm

Out of everyone you could've picked, you pick Linkman. Whyyyy?

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:30 pm

it's ok dragonite i understand

i mean i've confirmed you as a dirty facist but what i've seen here has also confirmed you are also a very confused dirty facist :D

but lol 3 linkman elections in a row too good

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:34 pm

i mean i kinda want to throw you a ja just out of pity but if there's one thing i don't do it's throw games on self-destructive whims

really

i don't

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:16 pm

This is basically the fascists forcing us to either elect a fascist government or getting the top card enacted by rejecting Linkman 3x in a row. Either way the odds are slim that liberals are getting anything out of it.

I'll take my chances and reject this. NEIN

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:11 am

Why are you guys trying to mine my self-esteem
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Narts

Post by Narts » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:35 am

Linkman did take part in a government that enacted a fascist policy, sure, but it was a government with pk in it, so it's not like he had much of a choice.

A solid choice, or, at least not worse than anyone else.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:39 am

Yeah, I know I said pick whatever but considering how Mysteriouslad and Dragonite are both very silent about their decisions to elect Linkman for the one-shot presidency or chancellorship, I don't feel like supporting it. And the President who enacts a fascist policy gets to kill someone this time too.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:18 am

If you nein this, which chancellor would you guys consider Jaing for my next failed shot?

I am liberal. I want to win this.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:08 am

Linkman wrote:Why are you guys trying to mine my self-esteem
you fired the first shot, captain drake

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Oh yeah, I need to vote and stuff.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:25 pm

NEIN
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Sven

Re: SECRET HITLER - LINKMAN CHOOSE CHANCELLOR

Post by Sven » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:04 pm

[*]Linkman is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
[*]3 Ja(Narts, Dragonite, Linkman), 9 Nein. We will move on to the next candidate!

Satel

Re: SECRET HITLER - LINKMAN CHOOSE CHANCELLOR

Post by Satel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:33 am

NEIN

Oh wait...

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Re: SECRET HITLER - VOTE FOR LINKMAN AND TERRAGENT

Post by Sven » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:42 am

[*]We're voting on approving the government of President Linkman and Chancellor Terragent! Send me a PM with your vote!

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:36 am

Australia 2: Australia Harder

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:44 am

Wait why does Linkman get to be president like five times in a row? Does he stay president until either his choice is elected or three are denied?
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:47 am

No, because 1: Lad called a special election with Linkman as presidential candidate; 2: Dragonite, next on the list chose Linkman as chancellor; 3: Linkman was on the list after Dragonite for his regular turn, making him again up for being elected as president.

Note that this time, if this government is not elected, the policy on top of the deck is automatically enacted. It's roughly two to one that it will be a fascist policy, since the deck was reshuffled.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:28 am

The last election sure was interesting. The only ones in favour were the members of the government and Narts, who has claimed that Dragonite is a liberal. Even if we assume that all three of them are fascists, that leaves some fascists who voted against that government.

And the big question right now, is whether Linkman is a fascist readying himself to pull the trigger and whether Terragent is grooming a strangely square patch of mustache right under his nose.

HMMM

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:04 am

pfsh
this game's kinda dull
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:26 am

ok linkman so i want you to apologize to me

say it

say you are sorry

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:50 am

We don't have enough Fascist policies enacted to lose the game if Hitler is chancellor, right?
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:02 am

I promise that this government will be 100% more Australian than any previous one.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:06 am

Xenesis wrote:We don't have enough Fascist policies enacted to lose the game if Hitler is chancellor, right?
No, pretty sure we're there

but it honestly shouldn't be much of a consideration, unless someone has a genuine idea who hitler is. because the only way we know someone isn't hitler is if they ask super suspicious (ala dragonite) but then they're a poor pick to get liberal points. Otherwise, we do nothing, spin our wheels, get facist policies at the speed of a slug (due to not voting anyone into office due to PARANOIA), and everyone loses interest in the game.

So Hitler is a problem, but not one we can really do much about. At this point we have to consider this to be basically a game of russian roulette- though thankfully once we take the plunge it'll be easier to avoid electing hitler... as long as the game doesn't end then and there.

Narts

Post by Narts » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:58 pm

the speed of a slug
This seems a bit of a problem for this game, when adapted to forum play.

I mean I think this is probably a great game, combining best bits from both Resistance and Mafia, but would work so much better in RL