DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2: MAFIA VICTORY/TOWN CONCEDES

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Satel

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:18 am

HPD wrote:Pk just horribly underestimated ML as being capable of pulling this off.
True. I was pretty much headdesking in a laughing fit when I saw his successive posts.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:21 am

We actually used PM's in the past to lead us to victory. In my opinion, it's your rigid stance of being completely open that's anti-town ML. Especially since you're very agressive with pushing people to go along with your idea of what should be done.

The mafia get free information in such a case, and they can just tell some easy lies to control the game(aided by the fact they be more calcuated who to accuse then the town). And as you just did, lately the mafia just tends use all this info to create a ''narrative'' of sorts that is in their interest, with no real way to counter it without getting branded mafia. You have proven to be a awesome mafia, but your town tactics are questionable. And by abusing your usual town game plan to fuel your mafia agenda, I think you proved beyond a shadow of a doubt the town just needs to change their methods entirely.

PM's allow townies to break such anarrative(and that makes games more awesome), and at times, force a breakthrough. There's plenty of backstabbing possible, sure, but that's mostly if one townie PMing with the mafia decides to be stupid. Of course you have to be clever about it, but that makes it fun.

Last game people called me'''resistant to being manipulated'', and I'm proud of it. I suck at bluffing(as this game proved), but I'm not as guillible as I used to be. You don't always want to be in good graces with the town public mood, since quite often 'trustworthy'' town members are mafia who are in control of the public pressure and momentum. Don't trust the town core fully, ever. Push back if you're curious about they pulling of a consistent bluff.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:22 am

HPD wrote:Pk just horribly underestimated ML as being capable of pulling this off.
Technically I did.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:22 am

MysteriousLad wrote:
Technically I did.
What do you mean?

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:25 am

Dragonite wrote:What do you mean?
He did pull it off.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:26 am

I thought he was referring to the underestimated part. ML's reply is worded somewhat odd in light of what has already happened.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:50 am

Oh, I figured this would happen.

I did say we should lynch QQQQQQQ7777777 to verify Mysteriouslad's claim. And I did say I thought there were likely 2 out of 3 mafia among those who had already voted against Twelve Boats before Airnike came to end the day. I considered very seriously the possibility that Mysteriouslad had faked it all in order to protect himself and another mafia from the start. Honestly, it was a risky strategy. But we had so little opportunities to lynch that it was even riskier for us to attempt to verify these claims through a lynch. It's as Dragonite put it: Mysteriouslad's natural tendencies proved incredibly dangerous in this game. I was a lot less certain about Satel than HPD though. It's all too easy to be wrong.

However, you'll note how the RNGOD was entirely on point. :)
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:51 am

Ah well, as I said, I don't even care. Good job ML, you totally deserve that victory, you played a good game.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:57 am

Pkdragon wrote:Ah well, as I said, I don't even care. Good job ML, you totally deserve that victory, you played a good game.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:58 am

1. The players:
  2. Dragonite: The Cassandra
  3. pkdragon: He Who Didnt Really Know What To Do
  4. MysteriousLad: The Magnificent Bastard
  5. Satel: The Guy Everybody Knew Was Guilty But Didn't Lynch
  6. HPD: The One Guy Who Was Actually Trying
  7. Airnike: The Complete Tool
  8. QQQQQQQ7777777: The Inexistent
  9. Twelve Boats: The One Who Should Stop Acting Like A --
  10. Kireato: The Random Guy
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:00 am

like, honestly i stand by my guns. my logic was fine, it's just the core assumption turned out to be wrong, and i'm amazed that magnificent lad managed to pull off the sheer volume of posts he made without contradicting himself or exposing himself it's something I could never do, in fact I've only seen this sort of thing happen once, and it was that one game where I was jester and treed and co. ruled the town. So yeah, MagnificentLad, you have a new name.

I DID consider what could happen if the core assumption ended up being wrong, but it just wasn't worth considering because it was so unlikely. Who would throw away a likely scenario in favor of an unlikely one? Apparently I should have, but If this sort of thing were to happen again, I'd do the same thing. Because the moment I do become paranoid and go with the less likely scenario, it'll turn out that it was, in fact, the likely scenario that was true.

I'll admit I did fudge up tho in not lynch Satel as it turns out, that was a mistake. At the same time, I didn't know he was mafia and we were under a ton of pressure. So whatever.

It did occur to me that we really need to stop playing mafia. This game is getting nasty, people are getting mean.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:02 am

Pkdragon wrote:It did occur to me that we really need to stop playing mafia. This game is getting nasty, people are getting mean.
I'm not getting mean. I was mean from the very start but I was hiding it, I only decided to be mean cause you blew up my game.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:07 am

man airnike that is like, ancient history >_> <_<

i'm a new man now. a more serious, more taken advantage of man

can we kiss and make up

edit: also satel i see you there wtf why are you always mafia or neutral at best SERIOUSLY

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:08 am

Don't worry, people are very well able to differentiate the game from what's not the game.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:11 am

Pkdragon wrote:man airnike that is like, ancient history >_> <_<

i'm a new man now. a more serious, more taken advantage of man

can we kiss and make up
sorry, busy looking for a noose after this game
and i hold grudges
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:13 am

Goodbye my fellows, I hope Hawke includes me sailing to England in the flavour.

Wait, wait, wait.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:15 am

Airnike, I assume you're lynching 12B with both of your votes?
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:17 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:Airnike, I assume you're lynching 12B with both of your votes?
Hakee fudge kill her already :)
You didn't ask with Satel

Wait, wait, wait.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:17 am

Satel wrote:Don't worry, people are very well able to differentiate the game from what's not the game.
see it's your brother im worried about and im pretty sure that's not the game

mostly im worried about what he plans to do with that noose

probably hang me

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:19 am

He'd hang'imself before.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:19 am

anyway tl;dr

I WON

im still alive at the end of it all, good enough for me.

a hobo can always find a new town~

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:20 am

Airnike wrote:lynch Satel and lynch Satel
Airnike wrote:lynch Twelve Boats
This is why I'm asking. Satel, get your bro back online so he can answer.
Last edited by hawkesnightmare on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:20 am

lynch magnificentlad

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:22 am

He is still online.

EDIT: Add me bandwagoning if necessary or just for kicks.
Last edited by Satel on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:22 am

oh ffs hawke it's over I concede and ML can have his victory
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:23 am

lynch Twelve Boats, lynch Twelve Boats and lapidate Twelve Boats

I don't care if I lost.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:24 am

Then Twelve Boats was lynched. She was the secret agent. Each night, she could bug someone's house and listen for activity. If she found the Godfather's house, she would hear all mafia conversation.

However, fellows, the game has not ended yet. The mafia still need to make their kill.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:26 am

what part of "I concede" do you not understand?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:26 am

Wait a minute, I trusted the Lad because he safely said Qbie was Townie...

I ONCE AGAIN PASSED A F**KING CONTRACT WITH QBIE DANGIT LAD! KILL ME MAFIA AND GET THAT OVER WITH!
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:26 am

kill hpd

make my victory complete

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:27 am

I mean, if you WANT to end the game because ML outed himself before the game officially ended, I'm down for it.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:27 am

I wanna target HPD again.

I'm saying it here.

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:27 am

god please

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:28 am

Also, the game has ended because the Lad told everyone's role.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:28 am

The Lad won. The only way to deny his victory would've been cheating if he didn't call himself out.
I first assumed the game was blown, but he had a dang right setup to win. Let him claim his victory.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:31 am

Alright. I'll collect everyone's roles and post them here, since the game has ended/was blown.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:33 am

Here is a list of all the roles and who they are. This will also be a place for any notes that I feel are necessary to commentate on the game.

TOWN
----------
Pkdragon~ Vagrant- Sleeps in a different house each night. Any actions targeting the homeowner target the Vagrant instead
Airnike~ Partyer- Chooses two people to visit each night. He observes the first person's actions (only finds out where the target goes) and then stumbles over to the second house to report his findings.
Twelve Boats~ Secret Agent- Bugs one house each night and listens to any conversation that goes on there (only the Godfather's house will result in Mafia conversation being heard). If the agent targets the vagrant, he will bug the homeowner's house. The Agent will only hear snippets of conversation, enuogh to deduce whether or not he is listening to mafia. The bug will be destroyed afterwards.
Kireato~ Alchemist- Can create a potion each night and give it to someone (effect(help/hinder) and colour). All potion effects last for one full day cycle (night phase+day phase). The Alchemist does not know the exact effect of the potions he makes.
Dragonite~ Doctor- Can protect one person from harm each night.
HPD~ Investigator- Inspects one person each night, learning their affiliation.

ALCHEMIST COMBINATIONS
----------

AID
-----
GREEN- HEALING (cures weakness and blocks kills if attacked)
RED- STRENGTH (action will always reach intended target)
BLUE- EXTRA VOTE

HINDER
-----
GREEN- WEAKEN
RED- BLOCK ACTION
BLUE- CANNOT VOTE

MAFIA
----------
Satel~ Torturer- Kidnaps(blocks) and tortures one person each night, weakening them. Any subsequent visit for the next two full day phases will result in that target's death, except for Doctor. The Torturer cannot visit the same target for the next two days.
QQQQQQQ7777777~ Godfather- Shows up innocent on inspection. Is immune to night attacks. Performs the nightkill. He may choose to pawn off his nightkill to another mafia member, but that member cannot perform their base action.
MysteriousLad~ Tailor- Makes a suit and delivers it to another player, scrambling investigations against them. Cannot make a suit for himself.

Dead/Spectator chat: http://quicktopic.com/51/H/ne5fcWDPKLVE6
Mafia Chat: http://quicktopic.com/51/H/T2xcek7EZyXMH

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:37 am

Kir knew whether he'd help or not. Good.
Usually alchemists are so unprofessional.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:59 am

There was a slight chance Kir would be able to ''protect'' the mafia kill, and turn the game around with ML looking shady, but eh... that was already too unlikely to count.

And enjoy my rage folks. I might have been a tad rude in there, it was frustrating seeing it unfold live.

Pkdragon

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2: MAFIA VICTORY/TOWN CONCEDES

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:04 am

dragonite you are a funny individual

you need to bring those delicious emotions into the real game itself.