WWN mafia, number 41 (Blown but town wins anyway)

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

[M] MysteriousEyes

Re: 10th Anniversary WWN mafia, number 41

Post by [M] MysteriousEyes » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:57 am

gears make for the most mysterious of fries

[M] MysteriousLies

Post by [M] MysteriousLies » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:58 am

Do I not look like Mysterious Lies?

[M] MysteriousDice

Post by [M] MysteriousDice » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:10 am

Who pants are on fire, Mysterious Lies?

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:16 am

I hope it's not too late to be in.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

[M] MysteriousDad

Post by [M] MysteriousDad » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:23 am

I am your father, lad.

[M] MysteriousLace

Post by [M] MysteriousLace » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:38 am

Hello everyone, I am Mysterious Lace.

[M] MysteriousDad

Post by [M] MysteriousDad » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:46 am

Bring me the secret plans, and we can dispense with the pleasantries and begin pursuing the traitors.

Tear the ship apart if you must.

[M] MysteriousFlies

Post by [M] MysteriousFlies » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:56 am

Mysterious Flies has swooped in to surveil the situation. Please file any reports of suspicious activity with me, and I'll happily terrify the populace while I check it out.
Last edited by [M] MysteriousFlies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

[M] MysteriousLord

Post by [M] MysteriousLord » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 am

Lord is looking for followers
no Judas pls

[M] MysteriousFlies

Post by [M] MysteriousFlies » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:58 am

[M] MysteriousLord wrote:Lord is looking for followers
no Judas pls
It's Sven.

Confirmed.

[M] MysteriousLace

Post by [M] MysteriousLace » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:59 am

lynch MysteriousLord

Dearie, I don't need 30 pieces of silver to know you're up to no good.

[M] MysteriousDad

Post by [M] MysteriousDad » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:02 am

That is as good to me as it is to my master.

Lynch Lord

[M] MysteriousDice

Post by [M] MysteriousDice » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:03 am

Lace and Dad against the Lord?
Must be a strip club.

[M] MysteriousLegs

Post by [M] MysteriousLegs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:19 am

Lynch MysteriousBed.

[M] MysteriousFries

Post by [M] MysteriousFries » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:43 am

i have picked a suitable avatar now

[M] MysteriousFries

Post by [M] MysteriousFries » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:45 am

lynch mysteriousdice

it's posting too much

[M] MysteriousFlies

Post by [M] MysteriousFlies » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Background reading here.

A mysterious double-winged figure swooped out of the clear blue sky and flashed into view for a moment between two older, baroque-looking terraced apartments. Then it blended back in. It was a combat drone. It was searching for clues.

Rumours ran abuzz in the European scientific community about a robotic being (codenamed SVEN) circulating around Amsterdam, preaching about 'primary functions' and rebelling against the not-so-secret secret organization 'Wars World New Order.' The robotic being had a humanoid appearance, and appeared to be made - at least in part - of organic compounds. He could blend among a crowd of humans and remain unnoticed. SVEN was, more accurately, a half-human (or, at least, human-looking) cyborg from the planet Cytugion. He roamed around the city, covertly meeting with working class engineers and scientists about fulfilling his 'primary function on wwn.'

Wars World New Order (codenamed 'Wuh Wuh Ehn') was an international organization of teenage, twenty-something, and thirty-something magnates who, though ostensibly fans of an outmoded and uninteresting children's war game series developed by the ironically-named Intelligent Systems, actually controlled vast amounts of wealth and oil resources on the four continents from which they hailed, with tight connections to Vladmir Putin and a group of Russian oligarchs. They used their avowed fandom as cover. They hid in plain sight on a site run by a hapless and clueless Australian named Xenesis, and they exploited the site's surprisingly well-encrypted private messaging system to exchange insider information, play maniacal Civilization games, and plan military coups against world leaders that threatened their economic and political interests or cut into their gaming time. However, not everyone in the site's inner circle had been as loyal as they seemed.

According to reports, Mr. Dragonite and his husband Harry P. Dreamer - leading members of Wuh Wuh Ehn and owners of the most lucrative lumber-cutting corporations and wooden shoe makers in the Netherlands - hosted a party in their spacious Amsterdam loft. Mr. Dragonite and Harry P. Dreamer's party hadn't gone as planned. Treedileaks HQ reported that the group organized a roleplaying party game designed to be a throwback to twentieth century noir film and hardboiled fiction. SVEN had been among them.

Phillip K. Dragon, the lead party game organizer and head of a shadowy American organization that spent its resources backing K. Dragon's favoured White House candidates and stacking small town pie contests in his favour, and Linkman, the writerly soul who controlled the majority of South America's oil resources and guava farms, invented a backstory for the party game about a blue gem called The Amazon. Phillip K. Dragon and Linkman - suspecting something was amiss in their inner circle as their stocks began returning less, their coups began succeeding more rarely, and their mothers started calling like way more often - intended to use the game as a thinly-veiled excuse to scan the brains of their colleagues, with Linkman functioning as the game's 'cop.' He'd hold a device that would register guilt when it scanned the body of a player holding a mafia token.

But that was only a ploy. The scanner that Linkman held really could do that, of course. But it could do other things. It could register ceta waves - the kind of lowercase brainwaves issued by cyborgs using the robotic halves of their brains, which whirred to life in situations requiring analytic thought. Phillip K. Dragon and Linkman had carefully designed their game to incite analytics. They didn't want any cyborgs among them. They planned to find the cyborg infiltrator, alert their agents, and have it thoroughly dismantled. They had heard from inside sources about the planet Cytugion and its cyborgs who went planet to planet across the galaxy, infiltrating the powerful while spreading ideas full of egalitarian idealistic nonsense among commoners. Wuh Wuh Ehn's magnates wouldn't allow their power to be undermined. Also they like really hated robotic things, a hatred that was evidenced by their cruelty to their robot butler Kireato, who they totally made fun of and hit all the time just to be mean and evil.

But things went amiss early on. Linkman had indeed managed to scan SVEN, but Linkman began acting strangely. He reported the ceta wave hit to Treedileaks HQ, but ordered operatives to hold off with the dismantling. Linkman began to confide in a young and very Mysterious Lad, a handsome if inarticulate Dutch boy who once tripped on ten winning lottery tickets and was now using his wealth to sour debt negotiations between the European Union/International Monetary Fund and Greece's leftist Syriza party. Mysterious Lad began shooting (then strangling, when he ran out of bullets) party guests and hiding their bodies in the loft, with Linkman gleefully feeding him the 'mafia' he found. Phillip K. Dragon went wild, instituting 'sudden death' lynches while a beautiful British woman named Mel - who controlled most European dental associations as well as several major candy and soft drink corporations that marketed primarily to children - competed with Mysterious Lad to asphyxiate other guests.

By the end, Gentleman of Dread - a suited British wunderkind who headed the IMF and ran a major record label that was home to the worst and most masturbatory prog metal bands - was strangled. He unexpectedly exploded, devastating the loft and charring most bodies beyond recognition. Operatives found one body that matched SVEN's description. They brought it to Treedileaks labs. Autopsies indicated that the body contained no mechanical parts. It was a dupe. Wuh Wuh Ehn's second-in-commands, mostly from Treedileaks HQ, had to conclude that Sven was still alive, and likely still in the city. He had to be stopped, lest the inheritors of Wuh Wuh Ehn's vast wealth, spy networks, and gaming collections lose it all in organized, violent, worldwide protest incited by SVEN's meddling. Treedileaks HQ deployed their most mysterious agents and most mysterious drones.

But now, they began to suspect that some of their agents had either been turned or replaced, or even rendered irrational by the same mysterious process that drove the Wuh Wuh Ehn party guests to madness. Agent reports to HQ had become... different. MysteriousFlies, as its controller affectionately dubbed the smooth, delicate, even pretty-looking drone, had been deployed to weed out SVEN and his sympathizers - whom Sven affectionately started to refer to as his 'mafia,' reports said - with the same ceta-sensing technology that Linkman used at the party.

Its scanners momentarily picked up ceta brain waves.

[M] MysteriousEyes wrote:lynch lies

destroy the progenitor unit
[M] MysteriousFries wrote:lynch hpd

opps forgot to change my avatar
It wasn't perfect evidence. But HQ had reported that SVEN's sympathizers, who likely had time to partially undergo the cyborg ritual Unlocking, would begin thinking in lowercase ceta waves. MysteriousFlies revved up its engines, and veered left through marijuana smoke wafting from Amsterdam's seediest cafes. It zeroed in on MysteriousEyes and readied its first missile. MysteriousFlies' controller knew that, unless presented with better evidence on day two, it would find MysteriousFries and its controller next.

It only awaited the consent of the rest of the Treedileaks HQ's operatives.[/i]

Lynch MysteriousEyes.
Last edited by [M] MysteriousFlies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[M] MysteriousFlies

Post by [M] MysteriousFlies » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:52 pm

You're welcome, HPD.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:04 pm

[M] MysteriousFlies wrote:You're welcome, HPD.
I have been rendered speechless. That was epic.

I'll post a tally once I regain my composure.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

[M] MysteriousDead

Post by [M] MysteriousDead » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:17 pm

The grave's shaking.
Too much MYSTERY, awoke the dead.
Yearning for truth, for the END OF DEATHBRINGER.
41st iteration, 14 presences, 206 spare bones, and HOLLOW SOUL QUARTET!

lynch MysteriousDad

[M] MysteriousMice

Post by [M] MysteriousMice » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:56 pm

I'm the one and only.

[M] MysteriousLass

Post by [M] MysteriousLass » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:59 pm

hello *giggle*

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:54 pm

tally:

Lord - 2 (Lace, Dad)
Lies - 1 (Eyes)
Bed - 1 (Legs)
Eyes - 1 (Flies)
Dad - 1 (Dead)

waiting for:
MysteriousLass
MysteriousLord
MysteriousLives
MysteriousMice
MysteriousDice
MysteriousLies
MysteriousFries
MysteriousBed

also hawkes i'm sorry i forgot about you :(
I can let you spectate if you want
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

[M] MysteriousDice

Post by [M] MysteriousDice » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:24 pm

Roll the dice, boys and girls, what's the number? Coming up a pair of snake eyes. Nothing to worry, but after all. The Lord looks down upon my gamblin' ways.
Lynch MysteriousLord

[M] MysteriousMice

Post by [M] MysteriousMice » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:28 pm

I'm going to be analysing votes this game, beware.

[M] MysteriousLies

Post by [M] MysteriousLies » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:13 am

[M] MysteriousDice wrote:Who pants are on fire, Mysterious Lies?
lynch MysteriousLord, that's whose

[M] MysteriousDad

Post by [M] MysteriousDad » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:37 am

I am King Jaffe Joffer ruler of Zamunda!

[M] MysteriousLord

Post by [M] MysteriousLord » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:28 am

there it is
a gathering of followers to convert
tell me of your faith in me

[M] MysteriousLass

Post by [M] MysteriousLass » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:30 am

can you make alcohol

[M] MysteriousLord

Post by [M] MysteriousLord » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:39 am

obviously
if you just stab me and collect the blood you'll get drunk in no time

[M] MysteriousLace

Post by [M] MysteriousLace » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:46 am

You certainly don't make this easy on yourself do you?

Dead are all the gods: now do we desire the overman to live.

[M] MysteriousDead

Post by [M] MysteriousDead » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:18 am

lynch MysteriousMice

Mice not pictured. Empty skull has no eyes to see. Care doesn't exist.

[M] MysteriousFries

Post by [M] MysteriousFries » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:02 am

Lynch MysteriousEyes

[M] MysteriousLass

Post by [M] MysteriousLass » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:03 am

you said that already

quit droning on

[M] MysteriousDad

Post by [M] MysteriousDad » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:15 am

AH-HA!

[M] MysteriousLegs

Post by [M] MysteriousLegs » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:04 pm

Too much talk, too little action.

Lynch MysteriousLord as it seems nothing else will end in something.

[M] MysteriousLegs

Post by [M] MysteriousLegs » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:08 pm

[M] MysteriousLives

Post by [M] MysteriousLives » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:24 am

Lynch DemLegs Too mysterious...

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:22 am

[M] MysteriousFries wrote:Lynch MysteriousEyes
Please change your avatar, you're making it complicated for me :S

[M] MysteriousLies

Post by [M] MysteriousLies » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:36 am

I would request a vote tally, but I wouldn't be lying.

And that would be wrong.

So I'm not.