Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Town wins on Day Four)

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:07 am

I'm just trying to suggest to slow down and not make mistakes until we've got a 100% grasp of how the rules work (because I don't yet), and in the meantime was suggesting how to make sure we cast functional votes during this learning period without giving the mafia anything.

I don't get your logic though. HPD almost died because only two people cast a vote, so... let's cast another not particularly thought out vote? Before we even get a chance to hear from our RNG investigator?

Let's see what happens with investigations before pointing fingers and throwing out lynches. (and yeah, there's a chance we get a false investigator. So if we get 2+ investigator claims, start lynching investigators. It hurts the mafia more than it hurts us, seeing as our investigators aren't tied to a single person anymore.)
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Dragonite » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:57 am

It's day two. Part of the reason that it's day two is because of because of day 1 being so short but... We don't have the time to spend slowing down figuring out the rules. This day might have not a bit more leeway, but not much. I think I've grasped the rules by now, so just ask away if something's bugging you. However, we simply can't slow down with most people only interacting once a day. Anyway, No lynch..

Hope inspector turns up soon, otherwise there's isn't much to do other then agree on night actions. Also, it's possible HPD got the inspection result, but also died last night. Which would suck. That little quirk is probably going to be a bother lategame, going by simple odds.

User avatar
scraggypunk
Rank: legendary cartographer
Location: deoxy knight

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:20 pm

if that's what happened that'd be really funny
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:32 am

yeah i didn't even think about that- i was too concerned about the investigated person surviving the night, and that just seems so troll, but I guess it is possible. that makes investigations far less reliable than i'd like.

too early in the morning for me to know what to do though, but if by the time i'm back from work we still don't have any useful information, then we should start voting.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Airnike
Rank: The red in a world of black and white

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Airnike » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:15 am

Well crumpets. HPD died.

Airnike used PROTECT on HPD! You can't PROTECT other people, dumbass!

Airnike used INVESTIGATE on Dragonite! But it failed!

I hath no choice but to lynch Dragonite
Grasp the truth! Hold it high!
Thrust your fist, that's how you're supposed to use it!
You must've heard it, go!
Don't be afraid to look yourself in the eye!
Big Blast Sonic, that's my heart beat anew!
—from Big Blast Sonic

User avatar
scraggypunk
Rank: legendary cartographer
Location: deoxy knight

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:18 am

lynch dragonite
i've never liked wwn's timidness when it comes to lynching, let's hop to it and see what happens
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Dragonite » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:30 am

While I appriciate pokemon jokes, I have no idea what your argument is. Did you try to investigate me but it ''failed''? Nobody knows what happened except the one who got the result. So why are you lynching?

If you insist on being like thislynch Airnike..

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:06 pm

for the record i voted to investigate and protect bonesy lol

and to nightkill hpd because i have a twisted sense of humor and faith in the goodness of the other players
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Linkman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:01 pm

I think I've got the rules all wrong. Let me reread that.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Ok, so we're getting no results back, which suggests that the results were given to either HPD or Bonesy or someone that doesn't have an excuse, but definitely not dragonite, airnike, deoxy, or me. Or linkman, apparently.

hard to say much more beyond that. i find it interesting that there's been no fake investigator claims either, but it's a risky strat for an outnumbered mafia, so i'm not surprised.

since we've started the lynch mobbing...

lynch hawke

i don't want to lynch someone whose is particularly active, but i also don't want to lynch bonesy because he legit has reasons he can't post often, and i don't want to lynch satel because i haven't seen him post in ages so i've settled on hawke no offense meant
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
hawkesnightmare
Rank: Mister Lister The Sister Fister
Location: A Bank Vault

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by hawkesnightmare » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:24 pm

I opted to investigate Bonesy as well, yet I wanted to protect Dragonite, for no other reason than a random drawn name. Unless three other people independently voted to investigate someone else, we can assume Bonesy was investigated, and (assuming the target cannot receive their own results), HPD received them while being killed. If we all post who we decided to investigate after each night, we can hopefully catch some mafia trying to lie their way through the game (if voting margins are close enough). As of right now, we have zero information, so lynching anyone is random chance. I vote we lynch Bonesy
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

User avatar
Terragent
Rank: Cussing Aussie
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Terragent » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:39 pm

We have a little under one day before the day phase ends.

Current lynch votes:

Airnike: 1 (Dragonite)
Dragonite: 2 (Airnike, Scraggypunk)
Hawkesnightmare: 1 (PKDragon)
Bonesy: 1 (Hawkesnightmare)

The inactivity has been a little disappointing, to be honest - but I guess we have to work with what we've got.

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Dragonite » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Looks like I'm on the chopping block. And the other members dropping by ignored it in favor of going after their own targets. We're going to lose hard if people don't reconsider that.

I'm heavily suspecting Airnike and Scraggy atm. Airnike just because of very weird wording, and Scraggy just when with that giving only lynch pressure as a argument. While it's lame to bring up, it's not entirely above her to pick HPD as a nightkill for giggles(since he's fairly well suited for leading towns). Linkman has also been silent, but he's confused...

(And I voted for boring old default mafia, hahahahahahahahah*-couugcoughhack*)

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:27 am

Looks like I'm on the chopping block. And the other members dropping by ignored it in favor of going after their own targets. We're going to lose hard if people don't reconsider that.
so what do you want us to vote for you

why are you complaining about me not voting for you
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 am

lynch airnike

whoever wins, nightkill the other
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Satel

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Satel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:31 am

Okay, HPD died. Damn, who had even thought that he was gonna be a target?
... oh, that's right, me.

I wanted to inspect Linky because I had little doubt over HPD being town, by the way.

Not sure what to do with the lack of information. Almost everyone has spoken by now and we have yet to receive any result. Since we don't have any result, we must assume the worst case scenario - mafia or an inactive got the results. We have no time to make mistakes, and the only thing I've got behind my glasses is one read through this topic...

The only thing I'm sure is I can't trust my brother when we're doing this.

lynch Airnike

PS: I think we should commit to nightkills from now on, even if only to trim the inactives. (- Says the one with only two posts.)
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

User avatar
Airnike
Rank: The red in a world of black and white

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:44 am

Dragonite wrote:While I appriciate pokemon jokes, I have no idea what your argument is. Did you try to investigate me but it ''failed''? Nobody knows what happened except the one who got the result. So why are you lynching?

If you insist on being like thislynch Airnike..
I said what I did last night. I wanted really bad to know you were town, so I investigated you. Also, why didn't you vote to protect HPD?
Pkdragon wrote:for the record i voted to investigate and protect bonesy lol
and to nightkill hpd because i have a twisted sense of humor and faith in the goodness of the other players
Tryhard mode activate.
Why investigate and protect bonesy? Bonesy brings little interest to the table and isn't nightkill-bait.
Tryhard mode deactivate.
Pkdragon wrote:lynch airnike
whoever wins, nightkill the other
Reasons, please.
It's not because I'm pushy that I'm scum, much less dragonite himself.
Satel wrote:Okay, HPD died. Damn, who had even thought that he was gonna be a target?
... oh, that's right, me.
Or, y'know, me?
Satel wrote:I wanted to inspect Linky because I had little doubt over HPD being town, by the way.
HPD is always town is a near-guarantee, just like him just never making it to Day 2.
Satel wrote:Not sure what to do with the lack of information. Almost everyone has spoken by now and we have yet to receive any result. Since we don't have any result, we must assume the worst case scenario - mafia or an inactive got the results. We have no time to make mistakes, and the only thing I've got behind my glasses is one read through this topic...
The only inactive I know right there is Bonesy - who might be scum.
Satel wrote:The only thing I'm sure is I can't trust my brother when we're doing this.
lynch Airnike
If I were scum, we would not be having this conversation.
Satel wrote:PS: I think we should commit to nightkills from now on, even if only to trim the inactives. (- Says the one with only two posts.)
We only have one town nightkill for the entire game - if we don't, consider it my mistake and we should be using that carefully.
Grasp the truth! Hold it high!
Thrust your fist, that's how you're supposed to use it!
You must've heard it, go!
Don't be afraid to look yourself in the eye!
Big Blast Sonic, that's my heart beat anew!
—from Big Blast Sonic

User avatar
Terragent
Rank: Cussing Aussie
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Terragent » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:28 am

It's just come to my attention that the investigation result PM did not go out properly. Y'all have my apologies and a 24-hour extension; this day now ends at 0830 UTC on Thursday.

User avatar
Bonesy
Rank: Dog Peddler
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000
Location: Arid Zone

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Bonesy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:45 am

lynch airnike

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:14 am

Okay, now somebody has info, and we know for certain that it wasn't HPD.
Yesterday I also asked and got confirmation mafia does not get the investigation results from Terr. In other words, speak up ASAP because the risk of a mafia bluff is still present.

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Tryhard mode activate.
Why investigate and protect bonesy? Bonesy brings little interest to the table and isn't nightkill-bait.
Tryhard mode deactivate.
Because Bonesy has historically been a problem due to not being able to post much. I find it hard to get reads off of him. As for protecting, I just wanted to make sure whoever we investigated we also protected.


Reasons, please.
It's not because I'm pushy that I'm scum, much less dragonite himself.
It was early in the morning and I didn't have much time to type, but in any case, I mostly wanted to create a tie situation, which would prompt people to take sides instead of bandwagon dragonite- allowing more interesting voting patterns. I feel I've accomplished that.

In light of an extra day to mule over things, no lynch
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
hawkesnightmare
Rank: Mister Lister The Sister Fister
Location: A Bank Vault

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Changing my vote to no lynch as well, since there could be info coming out soon, and it's most likely going to be about Bonesy.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

User avatar
Satel

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Satel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:59 pm

I've got the inspection results: Bonesy is innocent... for whatever that's worth.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:23 pm

So both you or Bonesy are innocent, or you are mafia.

I shall be switching to No lynch to prevent anymore madness with ties. As for night actions, I really want to know if Airnike and PK are trustworthy or not. Probably will go for Airnike first. As for protection, I'm sticking with myself unless there's consensus for a better target.

Linky's also being far to silent. It's easy for us to destroy each other if he turns out to be guilty.

User avatar
Satel

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Satel » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:52 am

I was planning on investigating Linky, anyway, and I think it's in the town's best interest to do so.

Since I have no real protecting target, I'm probably going to try and protect Linky too.

pk and my brother are another issue, and if it really gets out of hand we can just use that nightkill we have. I'd rather hold onto it for another day or two, though.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:45 am

considering how conservative i'm playing due to lack of time, i don't think it'll get out of hand :<

i do agree with checking linkman tonight.

i'm willing to go along with satel provided no one else contradicts his results. I find it curious that satel and bonesy were the last two to hit airnike, but i'm going to chalk that up to coincidence for the moment, unless the situation changes.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Dragonite » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:41 am

Keep in mind Bonesy reads everything in one go and is likely to just go what is somewhat logical at that moment. It probably doesn't mean much as far as advanced tactics go.

I still don't get Airnike's earlier reasoning, since the post with the lynch vote was so garbled. He remains my top suspect unless he makes a bit more sens to me.

Linky

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Linky » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:13 am

I started a new job this week so sorry about being inactive!

But yeah inspect me that sounds cool

Linky

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Linky » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:13 am

I started a new job this week so sorry about being inactive!

But yeah inspect me that sounds cool

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Dragonite » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:54 am

All right, Linky seems as a option too. Let's do that, I hope enough people agree.

User avatar
Terragent
Rank: Cussing Aussie
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Terragent » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:41 pm

The day has ended, and the votes are as follows:

Airnike: 2 (Bonesy, Satel)
Dragonite: 2 (Scraggypunk, Airnike)
No Lynch: 3 (PKDragon, Dragonite, Hawkesnightmare)

No Lynch wins by the slimmest of margins and the day ends without any further casualties. Please submit your night actions! The deadline is 0830 GMT on Saturday the 14th.

User avatar
Airnike
Rank: The red in a world of black and white

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Two)

Post by Airnike » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Dragonite wrote:Keep in mind Bonesy reads everything in one go and is likely to just go what is somewhat logical at that moment. It probably doesn't mean much as far as advanced tactics go.

I still don't get Airnike's earlier reasoning, since the post with the lynch vote was so garbled. He remains my top suspect unless he makes a bit more sens to me.
Airnike wrote:Well crumpets. HPD died.
Airnike used PROTECT on HPD! You can't PROTECT other people, dumbass!
Airnike used INVESTIGATE on Dragonite! But it failed!
I hath no choice but to lynch Dragonite
What's so garbled about this?
Linky wrote:But yeah inspect me that sounds cool
I'm up for that.
Grasp the truth! Hold it high!
Thrust your fist, that's how you're supposed to use it!
You must've heard it, go!
Don't be afraid to look yourself in the eye!
Big Blast Sonic, that's my heart beat anew!
—from Big Blast Sonic

User avatar
Terragent
Rank: Cussing Aussie
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Night Two)

Post by Terragent » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm still missing one vote for night actions, and will be delaying the end of the night phase for another couple of hours - expect results then.

User avatar
Terragent
Rank: Cussing Aussie
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Night Two)

Post by Terragent » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Airnike has been killed by the Mafia. He was a civilian. The town did not conduct a nightkill.

Deadline for this day phase is 0830 GMT on Tuesday the 17th of January.

User avatar
Satel

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Three)

Post by Satel » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:29 am

Just realized i sent the night actions to myself instead of Terragent. Apologies.

I don't think it'd have changed much, if at all.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

User avatar
scraggypunk
Rank: legendary cartographer
Location: deoxy knight

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Three)

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:33 am

smooth move
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Three)

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Allright, I got the results from Terragent this time. Linkman is mafia.

lynch Linkman

Pretty sure Satel is innocent then. He was the one that first explicitly suggested investigating Linkman, and was the only person who declared results last time. His last post is either cunning (but potentially dangerous) or telling the truth, and I'd wager the latter. Which would make Bonesy innocent too.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Bonesy
Rank: Dog Peddler
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000
Location: Arid Zone

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Three)

Post by Bonesy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:37 pm

lynch linkman

User avatar
scraggypunk
Rank: legendary cartographer
Location: deoxy knight

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Three)

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:28 pm

well all right then
lynch linkman
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: Mafia 51: Hivemind edition (Day Three)

Post by Dragonite » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:18 am

I also voted for Linkman investigation.. Willing to vote for Linkman, but I want to have some math down first. Do we automatically lose if this is a mislynch? Can't see if we have 2 or 3 mafia. There's a very small chance we have 3 mafia, and PK is being clever. Somebody would have gotten the real result in that case though, which is very risky, and Linkman probably doesn't get investigation results about himself.

Day should end if I vote Linkman, so giving a little air for people to doublecheck things. If nobody shows up, I'll either end it myself, or it will time out to kill linkman anyway.

Next target for investigation is also needed. Assuming Linkman if mafia, I'd like to check Scraggy. She's not been that extremely active, and a known wildcard. I just like some certainty.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Multivac [Bot] and 0 guests