RE: Mafia

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Dragonite

Re: RE: Mafia

Postby Dragonite » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:37 am

*peak

And yeah, complex topics, and religious navelgazing often creates activity, even when everybody agrees it should be a bad idea.

Airnike

Postby Airnike » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:03 pm

I wouldn't agree on that, Draggy, at least relatively to me. "Religious navelgazing" doesn't draw me in, mostly because whenever I do I tend to go back on my own, and because it's not really an active pastime. I'd rather find something more creative, and new games, even ones I can't really join or back up such as "Eat poop you cat", are a better idea to me.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:30 am

Linkman wrote:
Linkman wrote:I'm with you all the way PK.

To elaborate a bit more, I think where PK is going here is that our activity is dwindling despite the fact that there's 20+ of us that still check the site daily.

I occasionally try to make new discussions or whatever, but it's difficult. Specially so since we now have like one topic for everything (music, games, happy, sad), it seems like the community will slowly die off.

I know I check daily, hit 'New Posts', see nothing too interesting, and move on. I'd like that not to happen I guess.

This is so true.

We should do something fun, like a Civ or an L4D event or whatever. Or an RP, or a joint LP.

Or roleplay a succession LP of Civ.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:54 am

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that.

I mean I know we all have lives and that AW hasn't done anything new in years. Still, I see the energy we still have in mafia games- even if it's getting harder for some of us to play them, we're still pretty good about checking in a posting. Then there's other users that don't play mafia but are still around, like McTool, and I'd love to figure out a way to engage them. Maybe that's impossible, maybe they just don't have the time, but maybe it's because we aren't doing anything interesting.

IDK.

Well it seems like the idea of doing an RP is fairly well received. I guess I'll get started on that.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:04 am

RP/writing sounds like a good idea, whatever it is.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:07 am

After reading Boatmurdered I'd love to do a WWN succession game of Dwarf Fortress, but that's probably going to be way too difficult to organize. And we'd probably get ourselves killed in like 2 years or so.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Sven

Postby Sven » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:48 am

I mean I know we all have lives and that AW hasn't done anything new in years.

It's just this, and that's OK! We have a bunch of general interest topics that get posts, and there's been some sort of forum game going on constantly for over a year now. The IRC is still active. WWN was at this activity level before all the forum games started, people still stopped by and posted in the topics they cared about.

If there's no forum game up by August I'll host one myself.

MysteriousLad

Postby MysteriousLad » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Hm
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Postby Bonesy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:48 pm

i wish we had a forum game i could actually play what with me not having stable internet since no net at home :V

DieselPheonix

Postby DieselPheonix » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:33 am

I started playing AWBW again as a distraction. I cannot say I recommend it.

MysteriousLad

Postby MysteriousLad » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:40 am

Any interest?

Wait, wait, wait.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:23 am

There's probably is after all this time. I should be a able to fetch Satel and Airnike from Skype if needed.

Bonesy

Postby Bonesy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:50 am

im not on like every day tho :(

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:50 am

I'd be in for one. I should still have enough time to play this month. Things are bound to get busier from January on but I should be fine.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby Linkman » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:09 am

Who'd rather host than play? I could do either :D.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Terragent

Postby Terragent » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:54 am

I'd be happy to host a super vanilla game and am not really feeling in the mood to play.

Bonesy

Postby Bonesy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:21 am

my role is EL PERRITO SUPER GORDITO

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:03 am

Alright, if Terr's going to host a game, count me in. Now fingers crossed uni doesn't kill me, but mafia is easy enough to manage as a player.(It's hosting that scares me)

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:09 pm

i find it so much harder to manage as a player

but that's because it's performance art to me

(i'm kinda on the fence about playing this one. i'd love to but i'm being torn in a bunch of different directions right now already)
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:55 pm

Or we all play as efficient time constrainted adults and see how horrible that pans out.

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:22 am

playing as a adult? in mafia?

heresy

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby Linkman » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Host Terr??
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Terragent

Postby Terragent » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:48 pm

Well, let's get to it. ;)

MysteriousLad

Postby MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:51 am

Anyone interested in a game if something?
I may also be able to summon Q7 from the depths of 2016.

Wait, wait, wait.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:27 pm

sure, go ahead

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:23 pm

Ah, yes, this will be a good time..

hawkesnightmare

Postby hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:17 pm

yas
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Satel

Postby Satel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:02 am

whenever it's there, i'll be there
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Return to “You are at a dead end of a dirt road. The road goes to the east.”