Advance Wars Upick: The Underdogs (Mafia) Win!!!

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Advance Wars Upick: Day 3!!!

Post by Linkman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:24 pm

Come ON you guys

1. I claim to have immunity to night kills.
2. Some people LOSE their crumpets.

I do not know if the reason there was no night one kill was because of my day to day. What I can tell you is I was immune that night.

And you know why I claimed it? Because I wasn't immune on night 2, and alas, it worked, and the mob didn't target me.

Now with my COP I have immunity on nights 3 and 4, so suck it.

So if you guys lynch me, yeah, sure, whatever. My role is revealed, turns out I was telling the truth, and you should be able to find the mob in those that pressed for my lynch. I mean that's what I'm waiting to happen.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:25 pm

I mean it's not rocket science, is it
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:33 pm

The amount to lynch is correct, the Neo Tank has added 1 player to the game.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Linkman wrote:Why exactly are we tolerating Airnike bossing us around?
I'm not bossing you around, I'm making my opinion public. It's your choice to follow me or not. Also, you claim I'm pushing for your lynch but last I checked...
Airnike wrote:I don't recall voting Twelve Boats. Except just now. Might as well make it more than official.
lynch Twelve Boats
... Wait, what's this Neotank Mk.2 doing here? Does Lash poop out one invention per day?
I'm not taking any risk, aside from that of repeating myself: lynch Twelve Boats
So yeah, you're whining because I've said you were suspicious. I was saying I have doubts about you, but once Twelve Boats gets the noose, I'll be lynching you because even if you're not mafia, you're begging to die right now. It's like you've flat-out given up. I'm actually confused between lynching you after Twelve Boats and letting you implode, but the second might make you a long-term liability.

And no, even though you're attacking me on the grounds that I'm being louder than you (I'm not even trying to lynch you this day), I will not bite back. Yet.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:25 am

Linkman, no one really lost their crumpets, they just found someone to throw lynches at. That's what happens in mafia, give people an excuse and they'll lynch. And they were really more of "pressure" lynches than real lynches. It was how you responded to them that made people suspicious.

In any case, I don't think at this point a Linkman lynch is going to happen, so...

lynch deoxy to get closer to ending the day and moving the game along, plus I'm genuinely curious what her powers are. Either way I think we gain more (or lose less) from a Twelve Boats lynch than a Linkman lynch.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:39 pm

I'm away today so you guys have until I'm back to fight it out

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:22 am

Pkdragon wrote:Linkman, no one really lost their crumpets, they just found someone to throw lynches at. That's what happens in mafia, give people an excuse and they'll lynch. And they were really more of "pressure" lynches than real lynches. It was how you responded to them that made people suspicious.
Pkdragon wrote:Either way I think we gain more (or lose less) from a Twelve Boats lynch than a Linkman lynch.
My thoughts exactly.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:43 am

On that note, I could use two votes on me to charge my COP. I don't think Neo Black Hole can block me every night. And I think I should make Pkdragon invincible at night, he seems like a good guy.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:32 am

I'd be happy to do that, the only problem is I'm worried that if we don't have enough people voting TB, the mafia could jump on you and tie or even push your lynch, especially because the Neotank pushed up the vote count, so I'm assuming it can vote. If you're ok with that risk, I'll switch my vote, but then TB will only have 4 votes on her and you'll have 1, so if someone else (like, say, HPD) added another vote to you, it'd be easy for twelve boats alone to tie the round. Granted, that's assuming she did something other than lynch HPD, but it still seems risky.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, Linkman hasn't voted (well, hasn't made a vote of worth yet). He and HPD could kiss, make up, add their votes to Kir, and we'd have a perfect round.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:36 am

The armies surrounded Twelve Boats' lands. They stood there patiently waiting to strike and begone with her, just as the others. In protest she started blathering about how HPD was a traitor, she could feel it in her bones. Although HPD didn't react to this, he was too busy pestering Linkman, Twelve Boats kept on.
Eventually the sun started to fall, the armies surged forwards in one large mass. Before long recons ha blocked the factories and all Twelve Boats' units had been slaughtered. Alas, she was killed in vain...
Final Votecount wrote: Airnike: 1 : Linkman
HPD: 1 : Twelve Boats
Hawkesnightmare: 0 :
Kireato: 0 :
Linkman: 2 : HPD
(LYNCH!) Twelve Boats: 5 : Kireato, Airnike, Hawkesnightmare, Dragonite, Pkdragon
Pkdragon: 0 :
Kiltman2: 0 :
Dragonite: 0 :
Neotank Mk.2: 0 :
No Lynch: 0 :

Not Voting: Kiltman2

Time Left: 0

It takes 6 to lynch.

I'm still seeking a replacement for Kiltman though. Unless he posts suddenly I'll continue this search.
Twelve Boats was a member of the Allied Nations.
Twelve Boats wrote:Image
Welcome Twelve Boats, you are Lash.

Affiliation: Black Hole, Allied Nations

Abilities:
  • Day to Day:
    --Black Hole Inventions: Once per night you may make one of the following inventions, you cannot choose the same one two night's in a row:
    ---Death-ray
    ---Landlocked Hovering Battleship
    ---Communications Tower
    ---Reinforced Piping
    ---Terraformer
    ---Neotank mk.2
    The inventions effect will activate the next day.
  • COP:
    --Terrain Tactics[****]: You can't be killed tonight and you receive a list of what your inventions do.
  • SCOP:
    --Prime Tactics[*******]: You can't be killed tonight and you may force someone to vote another player.
Win Condition: Allied Nations- You win when all members of Neo Black Hole are dead.

Do not post until I say the game has begun! Have fun :)
Night 3 begins, I'll send out PM's with your star count in a sec.
Last edited by MysteriousLad on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wait, wait, wait.

Pkdragon

Re: Advance Wars Upick: Night 3!!!

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:56 am

...or not.

Ugh. Awful timing, ML. Awful timing.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:58 am

Pkdragon wrote:...or not.

Ugh. Awful timing, ML. Awful timing.
Your welcome :)

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:04 am

Let this be a lesson to ye, Twelve Boats. Never, under any circumstances, assume ye can act like one wee fudge because yer a townie.

Ah well. I suppose I have to do with this turn of events.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:08 am

Come back here Mysteriouslad, and tell us what those things do!

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 am

Kireato wrote:Come back here Mysteriouslad, and tell us what those things do!
Let me suppose: those are glorified mindslaves that all do the same thing.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:23 am

most likely the mafia team then is linkman/dragonite/hawke

maybe replace any of those with kiltman, but dunno
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:49 am

Kireato wrote:Come back here Mysteriouslad, and tell us what those things do!
Wait I'll edit this post with em.

Edit:
Mod Notes wrote:---Death-ray (Seperate Extra vote and kills random person on the wagon if lynched.)
---Landlocked Hovering Battleship (Announces to the game she is Lash)
---Communications Tower (Send a player Lash's alignment.)
---Reinforced Piping (Everyone gains a star.)
---Terraformer (Everyone looses a star.)
---Neotank mk.2 (Raises playercount by one and gives an extra star to all voting it.)

Wait, wait, wait.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:54 am

neotank after death-ray was quite possibly the worst thing that could happen to us.

that trolling right there

jesus christ

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:03 am

so is the neotank still there or did it disappear when lash kicked the bucket?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:05 am

Stay away from building death lasers until you've read the manual.. Some of these could've been useful, to bad. :/

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:31 am

Dragonite wrote:Stay away from building death lasers until you've read the manual.. Some of these could've been useful, to bad. :/
to be fair, if i could build a death ray night one i would do so without hesitation

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:34 am

I admit, I would've too. Although that CO power screams ''double-edged swords ahoy''

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:49 am

yeah that would be why deoxy didn't warn us about the random death. she literally didn't know

so guys, for everyone complaining or has complained about powers, living or dead: remember, deoxy's cop is literally "learn what your d2d does"

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:36 am

It's official: Everyone's powers suck.

The actual question, friends, is: which one exactly?
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:46 am

One thing that should be noted is that the process of figuring unique powers out during the game hinders easily pinning subjects down. 12B's demise is a good example of this.

Lash turned out to also have a inspection ablity, but she's removed from play now, so by this point the finale will probably come down special abilities, and we don't know how bad those will be.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:06 pm

I'd say Draggy HPD and Airnike.

p.s. keep lynching 'em innocents fellas

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:08 am

Linkman wrote:I'd say Draggy HPD and Airnike.

p.s. keep lynching 'em innocents fellas
You seem to be acting like your deepest desire is to yank your own chain. While I can vouch for going against Dragonite... HPD? Really?
So far, the only thing saying that he is Mafia is the fact that he's Caulder, which tells absolutely nothing. Bro's win condition was maybe to get Caulder lynched but there's far more chances of him being town by default. Also, he has been helping out Kir when it was possible to do so without Kir getting lynched for his trouble. And he's been acting less shifty than just about everyone in this game. Also, if you point out the defusing of his short bandwagon as scum tactics, the same happened for you except worse.
As for me, I'd say this falls under common knowledge but this would fall contrary to my reasons for claiming HPD townie. Also, while I am pushing for lynches whenever possible, it mostly is because lynches are a requirement to rout out the scum. Of course I can look pushy, but I am going headlong after the hints I get. Those who are on the same wagon as myself are not getting dragged by the nose, but merely coincidentally having a common target. I merely talk and sorry for not looking friendly but standing idle is a good way to lose the game.
... With my temper I'm looking a lot like Rachel's Totally Flaked incarnation.

Also, look forward to getting lynched. I'm not buying your nightkill immunity day-to-day claim one minute. And, I'll be honest, since those lynches have given me enough stars I'll be double-voting for two, possibly three days straight.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:34 am

I'm going to side with Dragonite and say that Linkman and HPD are mafia, but replacing Ainiku with Kiltman2. There has to be a reason that Linky is grumpy this game that can't be attributed to just having a bad day.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:46 pm

Linkman only got grumpy after he made a joke with his ability and it triggered a lynch against him. I, for one, am still betting that he's Allied Nations.

And first thing on Day 4, I will lynch Dragonite. He's the most suspicious to me currently.

MysteriousLad

Re: Advance Wars Upick: Day 4!!!

Post by MysteriousLad » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:34 pm

The sun rose for what could be the final day. The battles had been long and costly, yet the Allied Nations had failed to hunt down one of the traitors. If they were to fail again today, all would be lost.
Votecount wrote: (+1 Vote) Airnike: 0 :
(+1 Vote) HPD: 0 :
(+1 Vote) Hawkesnightmare: 0 :
Kireato: 1 : Tank Swarm
Linkman: 0 :
Pkdragon: 0 :
Dragonite: 0 :
Tank Swarm: 0 :
No Lynch: 0 :

Not Voting: Pkdragon, Dragonite, Hawkesnightmare, Airnike, Kireato, HPD, Linkman

Time Left: 4 Days, 13 Hours, 5 Minutes

It takes 5 to lynch.
Please look at the votecount to see some things that have happened. Day 4 begins, Kiltman2 was killed, he was a member of the Allied Nations.
MysteriousLad wrote:Image
Welcome Kiltman2, you are Drake. I hope they all brought a towel.

Affiliation: Green Earth, Allied Nations

Abilities:
  • Day to Day:
    --Rain Charm: Every day there is a 25% chance of rain.
    --Pirate Raider: When it rains you gain another vote and it takes one more to be lynched.
  • COP:
    --Tsunami[****]: You may redirect a players night-action.
  • SCOP:
    --Typhoon[*******]: You may redirect a players night-actions and tomorrow will rain.
Win Condition: Allied Nations- You win when all members of Neo Black Hole are dead.

Do not post until I say the game has begun! Have fun :)

Wait, wait, wait.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:11 pm

yeah, I'll join Kireato here and lynch dragonite

I also reckon the tanks attacking Kireato are his

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:19 pm

jesus another one

this game has more summons than a final fantasy game

at least the mafia had some heart and killed off Kilty instead of someone useful, or else we'd REALLY be screwed.

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:53 pm

the dream

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:04 pm

I get the feeling Deoxy is upset.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:25 pm

hawkesnightmare wrote:I get the feeling Deoxy is upset.
and I get the feeling you don't mind at all

after dragonite, you're next, scum
Pkdragon wrote:jesus another one

this game has more summons than a final fantasy game

at least the mafia had some heart and killed off Kilty instead of someone useful, or else we'd REALLY be screwed.
which might've been a bad move on the mafia's part

kilty should've been DQed and we'd have a serious problem

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Yeah, those are mine. I couldn't think of any use besides COP charging.

It's possible that a pair consists of one NBH and one AN member right? Especially since there's a odd number of them.

ML said the mafia have OP abilities of their own. I think a SCOP may be able to pierce immunity of mess with lynches or something. I know my word is nearly useless to you at this point, but do we have any idea what the abilities or Airnike, Hawke, and PK are?

My d2d is tank expert. It casts a seperate vote.
My COP, turbo charge, restores tank expert.
My SCOP, overdrive, does the same, and gives me one night kill. I'll be able to use it next night, but I don't know if it's easily blocked.

Anyway, I made my case. I would like to know the remai ing abilities.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Also, what the hell is going on with the extra votes? How did those 3 get them at once?

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:57 pm

Dragonite wrote:Also, what the hell is going on with the extra votes? How did those 3 get them at once?
I thought I warned you guys about my COP, which gives me one extra vote, has 4% chance of giving me two instead, and 1% of giving me three instead. Given how my passive gives me an extra star for successfully lynching, this makes one free COP per day when I lynch someone.

I made a full claim a while ago, but I reiterated so you get it.

As for the two others, I don't really care. I'm thinking they tried to counter me somehow, but this is just me being self-centered.

I don't know who to lynch between Dragonite and Linkman, but I'm making both aware I'm extremely suspicious of them.

Also, apparently it takes 5 to lynch. With three double-voters + tank swarm, lynches are easy to accomplish.
Last edited by Airnike on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:29 pm

Twelve Boats wrote:Image
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:47 pm

Oh, this is really interesting. Haven't we already lost though?

There are four players with an extra vote today. If two mafia each have an extra vote, then they can gather the 5 votes and lynch an Allied Nation player with ease...

So we can try to rush a lynch before them and hope we are actually lynching a Neo Black Hole player... Or there's only one player amongst the four that have an extra vote that is from Neo Black Hole, and they only have four votes when they're put together. The latter wouldn't be too surprising since they would have likely used a power to block me on night 2.

Now what's interesting is that they went and killed Kiltman2, which shows that they really wanted to be able to kill someone tonight, as really... I was never going to bother protecting Kiltman2... And I did not.

Oh man, I need to process this, and hope the game won't have ended by the time I do.