Advance Wars Upick: The Underdogs (Mafia) Win!!!

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

MysteriousLad

Advance Wars Upick: The Underdogs (Mafia) Win!!!

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:45 am

Still Fighting
  1. Airnike
  2. HPD
  3. Hawkesnightmare
  4. Kireato
  5. Linkman
  6. Pkdragon
HQ Captured
  1. Satel Third-Party
  2. QQQQQQQ7777777 Allied Nations
  3. Twelve Boats Allied Nations
  4. Kiltman2 Allied Nations
  5. Dragonite Allied Nations
Last edited by MysteriousLad on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:17 am, edited 10 times in total.

MysteriousLad

Re: Advance Wars Upick: ~Await Role PM's~

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:48 am

Rules
  • General
    1. Days will last 6 real life days. If no lynch majority had been reached by then no lynch will occur.
    2. Only bolded votes count, they may not be in spoilers.
    3. There's no out of game contact, unless told otherwise by an ability.
    4. Nights will last 3 days but may be extended at my will.
    5. No posting or quoting your PM in any way besides paraphrasing. You may not say when I sent it either.
    6. Majority is 50% of people +1 rounded down.
    7. Neo Black Hole must say who takes the kill in the QT, they must also say who takes the kill. (That player can't use other night-actions that night.)
  • Game Specific
    1. Some players will have a nation, this is in your role pm.
    2. Each nation has a QuickTopic which can be found in your role pm as well.
    3. You will also be aligned with a faction; Allied Nations (Town) or Neo Black Hole (Mafia).
    4. Day to Day Abilities are abilities that can be used without star cost (Explained later).
    5. COP's and SCOP's are abilities taken at night that you activate once you have reached the needed amount of stars. You must pm the mods saying your going to use your COP and any other information required for your power.
    6. The amount of stars needed for a power is noted as the following; "[***]" would be three stars and "[*****]" would be five.
    7. You gain stars for the following:
      1. You gain one every night start.
      2. You gain an extra one if you were voting the player lynched.
      3. You gain an extra star for every two votes on you at the end of a day
    8. Each night start I will pm how many stars you have to make your life easier, some abilities remove stars so don't freak out if you think I'm incorrect. If you want to double check pm me and I'll have a look, I'll then respond without revealing too much info what happened.
    9. COP'ers take priority over star removing abilities.
    10. Black Hole isn't the mafia faction, Neo Black Hole are the mafia.
Don't freak out if you don't understand the COP'ers, it will all make sense once the PM's are out.
Last edited by MysteriousLad on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:52 am, edited 8 times in total.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:50 am

No Posting Until I've announced game start!!

Edit-1: I've made a mistake in some Nation QT's where I'm named MysteriousLas, it is me don't worry.

Edit-2: Role PM's starting to go out.

Edit-3: Paused sending Role PM's, need to walk the dog. Thos that have theirs please don't post.

Edit-4: Paused again for FOOD!

Edit-5: LET THE HUNGER GAMES BEGIN!
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:52 am

The crowd waited in silence, all held their breath, hoping to hear what they longed for. It was E3 2015 and Intelligence Systems had said they would announce a sequel "to one of their most beloved game yet".
There he was, their presenter. He was walking to the microphone, straightening his black suit while he was at it. He picked up the microphone and greeted the crowd. All stayed silent.
He started his speech, speaking about how well they had done last year with their sales and how they appreciated their fans so much. Nobody listened to that, they weren't there for that.
Finally the presenter took a deep breath and said; "I'm am proud to announce on behalf of all Intelligence Systems that we will be making a reboot of Advance Wars"
The crowd exploded, the rumours had been proven true!
"After this talk there will be demo's to try out around the corner"

The speech had ended a while ago and now all you could see was a mass of people surging towards the few 3DS's at the demonstration booth. Everyone wanted to have a shot at the game they had hoped for silently for years, always wondering if they were insane for loving a game so dearly.
The new features were the first things to be noticed. There was a new "night-phase" which some CO's used with their new nifty powers. However that was nothing compared to the new "Treachery Mode".
This mode allowed up to 12 people to fight out against each other with any Commanding Officer that had ever been made! The people were split into two teams, Neo Black Hole and the Allied Nations. The Neo Black Hole team had to seize control where as the Allied Nations had to try and figure out who were part of Neo Black Hole and eliminate them. It was madness.
Sadly one of the testers broke one of the test devices causing only eleven people to be able to play, nobody really cared however except for the people running the booth.

Here you all are, testing the new "Advance Wars Reloaded". You know your tasks so I wish you all a good game.

DAY 1 BEGINS
Last edited by MysteriousLad on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Airnike

Re: Advance Wars Upick: Day 1!!!

Post by Airnike » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:58 am

Lynch HPD

Naah, it's a day one and I haven't got a clue yet.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:01 am

Finally, the game starts...

Now to avoid dumb mass roleclaim or whatever dumb crumpets like this, lynch MysteriousLad =D
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:13 am

As the sun rose over the battlefield all Commanding Officers were getting ready for war. Their troops had to be armed, ready for the coming slugfest.
Votecount wrote: Airnike: 0 :
Satel: 0 :
HPD: 0 :
Q7: 0 :
Hawkesnightmare: 0 :
Kireato: 0 :
Linkman: 0 :
Twelve Boats: 0 :
Pkdragon: 0 :
Kiltman2: 0 :
Dragonite: 0 :
No Lynch: 0 :

Not Voting: Airnike, Satel, HPD, Q7, Hawkesnightmare, Kireato, Linkman, Twelve Boats, Pkdragon, Kiltman2, Dragonite

Time Left: 5 Days, 23 Hours, 16 Minutes

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:33 am

So can I roleclaim my CO

p.s. I AM DA BEAST

no wait I am Sniffit Sturm
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:34 am

Linkman wrote:So can I roleclaim my CO

p.s. I AM DA BEAST

no wait I am Sniffit Sturm
Roleclaiming is allowed, so is any other form of claiming.

Wait, wait, wait.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:24 am

I wonder if Neo black hole only has the AWDS baddies as CO's.

FIrst thing that's clear is that we need consider the effect of throwing votes around. If we press people without lynching, they will end up charging far more then the normal gameflow would allow, especially in the early stages.

As usual, I prefer to let the rest speak for a bit before throwing my own lynch around, especially now.

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:39 am

I doubt so. The Bolt Guard may be enough for a mafia game, but there are also DoR COs to put into the picture.

I wouldn't put it above the Lad to have Sturm, VonBolt/Kindle and Caulder as "Neo Black Hole".

By the way, Neo Black Hole, really? It sounds really cliché/uninspired/whatever, and it's ripping off the other AW Mafia the Lad's taking inspiration from...

Whatever.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:54 am

It's also entirely possible that former Black Hole COs aren't even members of Black Hole anymore. I seem to remember there being a fanfic about what happened to the Black Hole COs and where they went (Koal to Yellow Comet, Kindle to Orange Star, etc.)
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:00 am

Satel wrote:I wouldn't put it above the Lad to have Sturm, VonBolt/Kindle and Caulder as "Neo Black Hole".

Whatever.
He wouldn't do that now, would he?

Oh wait, we're talking about the guy who encourages follow the cop routines and mass roleclaims.
Last edited by Airnike on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:02 am

<3

Wait, wait, wait.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:10 am

SUP BITCHES

YOU READY TO MAFIA????

YEAHHHH!!!!

\m/\m/
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:59 am

Everybody is supposed to have a d2d power, which may affect us even now. If any allies have a power that can seem confusing without further explaination, be clear with it if you need to be. This also goes for CO powers. There's a lot of stuff going down soon, so we need to keep a cool head from the very start.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:15 am

Airnike wrote:
Satel wrote:I wouldn't put it above the Lad to have Sturm, VonBolt/Kindle and Caulder as "Neo Black Hole".

Whatever.
He wouldn't do that now, would he?
"Advance Wars: Triple Strike"
*All three leaders pop SCOP in one turn*
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:18 pm

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fudge retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Sven wrote:I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fudge retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
Thank you sven, however you never signed up so please don't post in this thread.

A thick wall of fog is spotted rolling towards the area expected to be the battle field. Nobody has a clue how it could appear so suddenly. It envelops all the armies hindering their sight.

The weather has become foggy, it doesn't seem to change anything.

Wait, wait, wait.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:32 pm

The fog is so pretty...
"We are all equally real and unreal."

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:17 pm

Urgh Sven, why you gotta spam?

Also, what does this fog do. I mean it's just there. Everyone equip your "Scout" Rank Force!
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:53 pm

this topic is full of heliphobes

roleclaiming battle car
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Satel and Airnike have been warned for out of game contact. I know your brothers and it was your birthday however out of game talk -in any form besides the QT's- is not allowed. Due to the information passed being small and not very significant I will let you get away this time, don't test my patience.

Wait, wait, wait.

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:24 pm

oh man this game sure is jeopardised

happy birthday = I am mafiaholes

it's all falling into place.

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:30 pm

HPD wrote:this topic is full of heliphobes

roleclaiming battle car
battlecar battlecar

i am the 2hp battlecopter.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:46 pm

Now I'm curious how ML would even know about it.

Lynch satel. It's the only real lead we've got right now. Because everybody nation has their own quicktopic, this means they probably aren't part of the same nation. I'm not sure if that means they can't both be guilty or not.

Do we have any other objectives for the day? We probably won't get very far unless the night stuff happens, but since this game is unique, there might be things we need to dicuss. A thing to consider is to change votes to no lynch if no majority will be reached on a given day. The endgame will probably be defined by lethal SCOPS raining down if everybody leaves stray votes lying around, which will turn the endgame into a wildcard. ML, are star counts public?

On a more meta level, is every player aware the game has started? If we have lurkers again, we should have a ''çonfirmed as read'' response to the role PM next game or something before the start. >_>

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:58 pm

once a message moves out of your outbox, the message was received so you can assume that means they've read the contents
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Star counts aren't public and only Kireato and Twelve Boats haven't read the PM's.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:30 pm

MysteriousLad wrote:Satel and Airnike have been warned for out of game contact. I know your brothers and it was your birthday however out of game talk -in any form besides the QT's- is not allowed. Due to the information passed being small and not very significant I will let you get away this time, don't test my patience.
What the actual bejeemus!? What did we tell each other aside from us both being "holy f*cking yes i got X"?
Coming from the someone who's tried in-game talk, and no less manipulating a game host, this really makes me think someone has a problem with truths. Oh well, he ain't called MysteriousLad for nothing. So mysterious his ego completely eludes his own self-awareness. [/salt]
Dragonite wrote:Now I'm curious how ML would even know about it.
My thoughts exactly.
Dragonite wrote:Lynch satel. It's the only real lead we've got right now. Because everybody nation has their own quicktopic, this means they probably aren't part of the same nation. I'm not sure if that means they can't both be guilty or not.
Once again, I'm sure MysteriousLad is screwing with us some way. I need to really dig into it though, and ask my actual nation pal, cause I have one. I'm aware that Satel and I are not trusting each other.
Dragonite wrote:Do we have any other objectives for the day? We probably won't get very far unless the night stuff happens, but since this game is unique, there might be things we need to dicuss.
I actually have no objective this day, aside from reading between everyone else's lines.
Dragonite wrote:A thing to consider is to change votes to no lynch if no majority will be reached on a given day.
Game breaker detected. The Lad probably won't patch it. Withdrawing lynch votes just before the end will avoid some people gaining extra stars.
Dragonite wrote:The endgame will probably be defined by lethal SCOPS raining down if everybody leaves stray votes lying around, which will turn the endgame into a wildcard. ML, are star counts public?
I'm not sure SCOPs will be useable. To give you a hint, I'll surely trust my COP more. But I didn't just tell you that okay?

Also, please bear with the salt. Avoids me hurting myself over it and actually hurting my opinion of people more than necessary and/or justifiable.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:05 am

I know of the rule breaking because I have access to all QT's, one of the two posted in a nation QT, something which would require knowledge from person to person.

Wait, wait, wait.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:32 am

Maybe we should ban no lynch again then?

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:35 am

I do hope you're voting for me to have one more star and not actually condemning me to death, Dragonite...

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:55 am

It's just a pressure thing. If nobody casts a vote, typically posts will dwindle. There's no way we get a majority today. The no lynch comment is only because of the exploit me and your brother are dicussing. The stars charging with votes encourages pressuring to begin with.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:03 am

Dragonite wrote:Maybe we should ban no lynch again then?
No lynch will not be banned, also using the vote isn't an exploit. It aid town as well as mafia, it's intended.

Wait, wait, wait.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 am

I say we should put votes just to give stars to allies.
Indeed it is a bit of pressure but in the end I guess they will thank you?
If it ends up in a lynch the hammerer has no excuse.
Lynch Satel (free star tonight!)

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:18 am

Dragonite was the first to strike, while the others were terrorising the local's property he went and drove a recon into Satel's land. He then starting scaring off Satel's infantry from taking an airport next to a small mountain range. Satel in the confusion then decided to help Dragonite kill them, poor guys.
Votecount wrote: Airnike: 0 :
Satel: 2 : Dragonite, Satel
HPD: 0 :
Q7: 0 :
Hawkesnightmare: 0 :
Kireato: 0 :
Linkman: 0 :
Twelve Boats: 0 :
Pkdragon: 0 :
Kiltman2: 0 :
Dragonite: 0 :
No Lynch: 0 :

Not Voting: Airnike, HPD, Q7, Hawkesnightmare, Kireato, Linkman, Twelve Boats, Pkdragon, Kiltman2

It takes 6 to lynch.

Time Left: 5 Days, 4 Hours, 11 Minutes

Wait, wait, wait.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:15 am

Wait, a self vote is valid?If it is, that would change strategy. I wasn't under the impression deleting units charged the power meter..

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:46 am

I'll assume that IS added the ability to attack your own units. Or perhaps it's just a fog of war thing.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:19 am

It's official: my bro is a crafty bastard.

So, will I feel generous and give a star to someone?
I feel like being jealous cause I didn't get Koal, lol. Lynch Koal
I'm sure he's in the game, somewhere, lolzing at me.

Note: I only think half of what I'm saying lol.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:47 am

@Airnike: You can't vote a CO name Airnike, would make the game rather easy to figure out.

The game was starting to get underway and Satels little suicide attempt had revealed one of the new hidden features; attacking your own units. Nobody could think of usage of this besides charging up your stars, others ranted how the fog was making Satel insane.

You may self vote if you want. The fog still doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Wait, wait, wait.