Advance Wars Upick: The Underdogs (Mafia) Win!!!

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Twelve Boats

Re: Advance Wars Upick: Day 3!!!

Post by Twelve Boats » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:46 pm

rip in peace
the dream

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:33 pm

As others have said, there's no real need for me to reveal who I used my COP on last night.

More importantly, in spite of the risk of their kill failing due to my COP, the mafia still went ahead and killed QQQQQQQ7777777 so I probably was blocked/redirected regardless of what I did. I guess an invincible at night Inspector (with the ability to completely block other abilities randomly) but with a slow SCOP was too dangerous for them so they put their powers to use. That's interesting to know.

I'm going to check how many stars people would have under normal circumstances, from what we know in this topic.

And for now,
Lynch Twelve Boats
I feel that explosive inventions that randomly kill a player that try to lynch them is a bit too scummy. After all, mafia never have a reason to lynch those inventions since they want to lynch players.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:07 pm

@Airnike: I figured a role like that would be in play since Q7 had a passive that prevented his stars from getting stolen.

It's quite minor, though.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:39 pm

Would there be a Sasha in play?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:43 pm

no, we already know who's who
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:25 am

All COs are figured out and there is no Blue Moon in this game. Who knows, however?

I feel like not lynching Twelve Boats. I suppose the Death Ray spawn rate must be random much like many things in this game, and I don't think it'll be high enough to give a more long-time advantage to her. Sorry, Bro, I won't be acting out on impulse because revenge.

Also, Kiltman's definitely missing. Definitely hinders lynches.

I guess TB joins Linkman and Dragonite on my supposed Mafia list. It's only supposition.

But next time, guys, please lynch TB instead of her stupid machines :/
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:13 am

Keep at it bros :D
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:10 am

There's nothing impulsive in my decision to lynch Twelve Boats, and I am not doing it for revenge for Satel.

I want to know her abilities and factions because I think it can be useful.

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:38 am

oh yeah? well i vote lynch hpd. in your face, kir
the dream

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:21 am

It would be incredibly easy for TB to stay under the radar as scum. Even if TB and HPD were mafia buddies, they could both go unnoticed for a long time with TB's tradition of trying to get HPD lynched. The death ray is certainly an "evil" thing, and I would have said that due to Lash's in-game powers, that she stole Airnike's star, but Lash's meter looks like xxxxXXX, and there's no way she would have gotten that many stars unless votes against death ray somehow transfer to her star meter...actually, that's pretty brilliant.

Regardless of the circumstances of the death ray explosion and the star theft, lynch a dozen ships
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:00 am

Votecount wrote: Airnike: 0 :
HPD: 1 : Twelve Boats
Hawkesnightmare: 0 :
Kireato: 0 :
Linkman: 0 :
Twelve Boats: 2 : Kireato, Airnike, Hawkesnightmare
Pkdragon: 0 :
Kiltman2: 0 :
Dragonite: 0 :
Neotank Mk.2: 0 :
No Lynch: 0 :

Not Voting: HPD, Airnike, Linkman, Pkdragon, Kiltman2, Dragonite

Time Left: 2 Days, 22 Hours, 32 Minutes

It takes 6 to lynch.

I'm still seeking a replacement for Kiltman though. Unless he posts suddenly I'll continue this search.
Last edited by MysteriousLad on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:28 am

IT WAS FELIX!

LYNCH FELIX!
"We are all equally real and unreal."

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:30 am

I don't recall voting TB. Except just now. Might as well make it more than official.

lynch Twelve Boats

... Wait, what's this Neotank Mk.2 doing here? Does Lash poop out one invention per day?
I'm not taking any risk, aside from that of repeating myself: lynch Twelve Boats
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:42 am

Stop calling her TB and making me think it's Terrorboy.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:38 am

Linkman wrote:Stop calling her TB and making me think it's Terrorboy.
Who the fudge is Terrorboy?
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:43 am

this. exactly this.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:04 am

Airnike wrote:
Who the fudge is Terrorboy?
Gentleman of Dread's original name. He changed it 4 years ago, so most newer members probably never saw it.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 am

Oh God. I remember that. Guys, we're old.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:42 pm

I still remember when GoD was a new member, when he was Liam's brother. Now he's an old vet

time flies @_@

Twelve Boats isn't a bad lynch, given the circumstances. Her ability seems to be crazy wildcard, and she's focused on killing HPD, which is amusing, but not very helpful. I'm afraid of what that Neotank will do. Honestly, Hawkes and Dragonite worry me more due to being so inactive, but the difference is that if they're civs they actually help, while TB doesn't whether or not she's mafia.

It definitely seems like we need to go on the offensive though. If the mafia has the ability to roleblock or penetrate Kireato's defenses, we can't stall them. Thanks to deoxy's stunt last round, we're down a player so that doesn't help. I mean, we *probably* should consider still charging kir's ability if we can manage it. I just dunno if we have enough people now. I mean, in theory we just need 2 on Kir and 3 on TB, but that's risky, for example if TB decides to actually play and uses both herself and her neotank to change the majority (i'm hoping the neotank can't vote, but we don't know for sure). So we'd want at least 4, ideally 5 on TB. And with only 8 active players (including TB!) it's going to be hard to achieve that.

So yeah, because of that I don't think we need to drag out the day as long as yesterday to achieve ideal lynch numbers, but I don't think we should be TOO quick to lynch TB.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:32 pm

badwagoning. have you no original thoughts of your own? buncha idiots
the dream

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:40 pm

Arrogance will do ye no good, Twelve Boats.

This is Mafia, and even if ye're Twelve Boats we only need to lynch you once. Now if ye would be so kind to watch yer language because insulting the entire group, ye could actually start mounting some kind of advocacy for yeself. This most uncouth attitude could be a strategy to make yerself look so malevolent that ye remain far from suspicion, but it seems only a clumsy wee bit overdone, barely even cartoonish like pkdragon once was.

Give me one reason - ONE - to stop lynching ye and I might reconsider.

Also, I don't follow bandwagons. You've made yeself a higher-priority target than Linkman. I do think I've blatantly told before that ye were on the list. A reason to have ye lynched was really all that I needed. Now if y'all would excuse me, I have to find some fine rocks to throw at this poor rubbish excuse for a townie.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Airnike wrote:Give me one reason - ONE - to stop lynching ye and I might reconsider.
She's Deoxy. You don't lynch Deoxy.

Lynch Kireato

My suspicions are still on Linkman and Dragonite, mostly. However, since it's kinda obvious that's not getting a majority, it's probably better to just charge Kir's powers.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 pm

12B(if we're going to avoid TB we should stick with that), did you know the Death Ray was able to kill upon being lynched? And if so, why didn't you warn us?

Lynch twelve boats

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:36 am

HPD wrote:
Airnike wrote:Give me one reason - ONE - to stop lynching ye and I might reconsider.
She's Deoxy. You don't lynch Deoxy.
You don't lynch Deoxy? Is that the same sort of trend as "lynch HPD"? Ye pets, I demand answers.
HPD wrote:My suspicions are still on Linkman and Dragonite, mostly. However, since it's kinda obvious that's not getting a majority, it's probably better to just charge Kir's powers.
Oh please. Do not worry yeself. Once TB kicks the bucket, Linkman is still next. I might even use my CO Power for him.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:51 am

please stop saying TB

and you just don't lynch deoxy

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:22 am

Why exactly are we tolerating Airnike bossing us around?

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:33 am

the reason to not lynch me is i'm not mafia. i'm never mafia

i told you scatterbrains voting on killing a robot was a waste of time and ya did it anyway, not my fault it backfired
the dream

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:50 am

You know, I've been wondering about Linkman's behaviour. He seems a bit frustrated with things.

-He sent a message about Twelve Boats being Neo Black Hole to HPD with his ability - it was unnecessary, and he immediately put a stop to the lynch on Twelve Boats
Was it a joke? Or was he frustrated with Twelve Boats?
-He lynched himself when most started a bandwagon lynch against him - this is the oddest thing, it's worse than giving up, it's a plea to just end the game for him
-He hasn't been very helpful. Rather he seems a bit negative. This is just a general vibe I get from his posts.

One way to explain this is if he were unfortunate enough to have been partnered with Twelve Boats and Kiltman2. Having one partner that, perhaps, hardly cooperates and another that goes MIA while the opposite faction reveals awesome abilities can't be good for morale.

Of course, this is mere speculation. And I'm considering different scenarios.

In any case, for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post I want to lynch Twelve Boats. If we can't really reach a consensus on her, then I feel that we should do some community service and help out Mysteriouslad by getting rid of Kiltman2.

By the way, if I take in account what I know, here is everyone's star count:

Airnike: 2 (one star drained)
HPD: 4
Hawkesnightmare: 3
Kireato: 0 (charged to 6, used COP twice)
Linkman: 3
Twelve Boats: 2
Pkdragon: 2
Kiltman2: 2
Dragonite: 3

So the ones I'm most worried about having been able to do big stuff with their powers are Dragonite, HPD, hawkesnightmare, and Linkman. But everyone could at least have started using their 2 star power, if they had one.

@Mysteriouslad:

On that note, if a member of Neo Black Hole went AWOL, would you allow another member of Neo Black Hole to control his actions at night?

@Twelve Boats:

I disagree with the premise that you're never mafia! You've been mafia before!

Also, I remember you saying in your previous game that perhaps lynching HPD was not the perfect play. But you're back to that now. :(
This unfortunately makes you as difficult to read as Dragonite, and Kiltman2 and now hawkesnightmare who has decided the winning strategy is to keep quiet.
If I could, I would lynch you in a batch.

You did give us a vague warning. But you know, between being a waste of time and killing us, I think there's a gap. And like I said, I don't think Neo Black Hole would ever want to lynch a non player.

Actually, that makes me think...

@Mysteriouslad:

Do Lash's inventions count as neutral for the victory condition of Neo Black Hole?
If they counted as players, they would be a real pain for Neo Black Hole.
If they count as Neo Black Hole, they're a creeping but hidden danger that risk bringing an early and unexpected defeat for the Allied Nations.

I don't think you're allowed to answer that though, and I'm assuming they're neutral.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:26 am

Kireato wrote:This unfortunately makes you as difficult to read as hawkesnightmare who has decided the winning strategy is to keep quiet.
My lack of interaction is a mix of being busy irl, working on my little pet project over in DIDAH, and the fact that posting a lot has never worked out for me, regardless of my faction.

Just went through the entire mafia thread. Kilty posted only once, and it was right after the game started. This supports your theory that Kilty and Linkman are mafia, and Linkman is getting upset at his absence. However, nights have gone by fairly quickly, so this implies that:
1. Kilty has no night actions
2. Kilty's actions are dictated for him
3. Kilty actually is active, but choosing not to post.

The third is unlikely, since ML has said he will be searching for a replacement.

If it turns out that Kilty isn't the reason Linkman is grumpy, then it seems even more likely that Linkman is upset at Deoxy for doing what she does best and ignoring any actual advice and direction.

Just my two cents on the subject.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:13 am

so basically we win if we lynch linkman

works for me

lynch linkman

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:44 am

These strange machines are neutral, I'll speak no more on other possibly indicative stuff.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:16 am

zzzz

I've figured for a few games now that I don't play mafia, mafia plays me.

Lynch Airnike.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:49 am

Linkman wrote:zzzz

I've figured for a few games now that I don't play mafia, mafia plays me.

Lynch Airnike.
Please put this man out of his misery. He insists on being a depressive bitch and I don't know why.

You may have had a bad roll, but that's no reason to whine about it and ruin it for everyone else.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:50 am

Would you rather I lynched you? :)

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:52 am

Linkman wrote:Would you rather I lynched you? :)
give it your best shot, ya pussy

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:02 am

Lynch Aeronikon

Suck it Jer :D

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:18 am

last time i played turned out hpd wasn't mafia. hence me going "perhaps this wasn't the greatest idea"

but all the other times he was, and hey. gambler's fallacy full steam ahead toot toot chugga chugga
the dream

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:24 am

Twelve Boats wrote:last time i played turned out hpd wasn't mafia. hence me going "perhaps this wasn't the greatest idea"

but all the other times he was, and hey. gambler's fallacy full steam ahead toot toot chugga chugga
I should count the number of times you were actually correct with lynching me. Because I think it was only like, once.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:22 am

Linkman, your moaning really isn't helping your case. You're lucky that deoxy is helping her case even less, lol.

Honestly torn between the two. I think a Linkman lynch would explain a lot, but if Linkman is town he at least has the potential to be helpful. If Deoxy is town, she's going to be unhelpful until HPD gets lynched, and right now HPD is one of the few who DOESN'T seem suspicious. On the other hand, HPD was right, Linkman really, really needs to be put out of his misery, lol. So yeah idk. I'm going to delay lynching for now but I think the day needs to end pretty soon, this game is getting nasty.

Also Dragonite, please elaborate more on what you think of all this. I know you're out there, if you're town give us something to work with! Weren't you teammates with Kilty? Did he say anything in your QT before he left?

@ML

Is the lynch vote required to end the day still 6? We have 9 people, so shouldn't it be 5? Or is my maths off?
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:24 pm

He never posted a thing, not even after I did. So I got nothing..