Advance Wars Upick: The Underdogs (Mafia) Win!!!

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Pkdragon

Re: Advance Wars Upick: Day 2!!!

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:56 am

jesus christ kireato's cop is op

lynch kireato charge that crumpets up
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:15 am

Airnike wrote:EDIT: Realizing just now Hawkesnightmare edited his list before entering the game so he can't be Koal.

WHO THE F@#K AM I SUPPOSED TO ATTEMPT TO LYNCH FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON NOW!!!?
I told you that quite a long time ago.

Is it a good idea to put a 1 vote barrier between Kilty and certain death? I'll lynch myself in the meantime, just to stay safe.

EDIT: Just noticed that I never did say who I am. You guys can guess who I am. (hint: it starts with an H)
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:35 am

Satel wrote:The mafia are better off surrendering now...

Just spare us all the time already, I feel like gunning myself.
Little do you all know, I love you guys. (Basically saying that the mafia have a rather decent chance of winning. I don't make overpowered roles without counter you know.)
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:41 am

I've decided after some pondering that if no lynch is reached by deadline that the player with the most votes is lynched. This is to prevent votes only being used for star charging. All your votes are reset as to make it fair for you all. Please voice any comments (This game could become very long if I didn't do this, without lynches the game will be between the PR's which isn't really mafia.)

Wait, wait, wait.

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:14 am

Lynch HPD

I have my reasons.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:17 am

HPD wrote:i get an extra star if nobody tries to lynch me
i am so sorry for you

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:17 am

Okay, so any lynch vote is serious shiz now.

Oh well. Lynch Linkman
Grasp the truth! Hold it high!
Thrust your fist, that's how you're supposed to use it!
You must've heard it, go!
Don't be afraid to look yourself in the eye!
Big Blast Sonic, that's my heart beat anew!
—from Big Blast Sonic

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:32 am

Sven wrote:
HPD wrote:i get an extra star if nobody tries to lynch me
i am so sorry for you
this in a game with deoxy

Also people did stuff with me last night. I forgot what, but I think it was someone trying to join my faction or something...

Well don't. My faction sucks and will not help you. I bet it was Satel because he's lynching me for it now.

lynch Satel because I am not amused. I can barely tolerate Pk as it is >_>
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:38 am

Keep in mind that Satel voted against you as soon as the game started as well. It's certainly possible that he was just doing the mug thing in the beginning, and whatever he tried to do last night inadvertently validated the vote against you. If you are correct that someone tried to infiltrate your faction chat (or however someone joins a faction in this game), then that seems to me like a very spy-like thing to do. Spies can be good, but in Mafia games, rarely are. For that reason, I'll focus my attention on lynching Satel for now.

(It could be someone else entirely and Satel could be just a coincidence, but he did say that he "has his own reasons")
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:48 am

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. That's why I denied entry. It was either mafia or a townie who would not benefit from joining up with my faction on my end. Also, I have no idea what Pk's alignment is so I don't even use the QT.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:54 am

I indeed have my own reasons. Let me explain.

As far as this game goes, I have little hope of being useful. Heck I can play with an open hand and nobody would gain much more than a free body between the town and the mafia. So here, I'm roleclaiming, which goes to show how bored I am.

I am Isabella, I am nationless. My abilities are bad, so I'll also let everyone know what they are. Passively, I am immune to the IDS' night actions, and I know that Caulder is in the game, a fact that I didn't need to do much to bring to the eyes of everybody.
Each night, I can also ask to enter anybody's nation. So HPD, you guessed right, I am the one who asked you to join your faction. No biggie.
My powers are also extremely useless as far as helping the town counts. My power essentially is what Kilt is benefiting from today, for 4 stars; and my SCOP blocks all votes from factions that aren't mine, along with granting me one more, for 6 stars.

Also, I am third-party and my win condition is to get Caulder (aka HPD) lynched, or to win with the town if Caulder gets killed. Which is BS because Caulder might very well be townie, which I am almost sure he is, explaining once again how I was trying to operate.

So here, you have me. I hope you're not pursuing your lynch, be it only because it's a wasted lynch if you do.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:11 am

immunity to ids night actions, eh

i have a passive d2d and my scop only works on myself

dunno about pk, but that d2d is just as bs as mine

i withdraw my lynch for now

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:20 am

For some reason, I don't believe that Satel's win condition is to get HPD lynched. That's already been done a couple times, and I doubt ML is so unimaginative that he needs to directly rip a win condition from such a recent game.

I also withdraw my lynch for the moment.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:57 am

All our votes were already reset.

honestly, we could still make the strategy work with 4 people lynching Kir and 5 people no lynching, but that requires a lot of working together and at least one mafia would have to work with us to make that work, and kiltman having two votes would make him very dangerous if he was mafia, so i'm pretty sure that strategy isn't worth it. but we can at least give kir 2 votes then pass a 3+ no lynch, no need to get greedy!

satel: your win condition is bad and suddenly i understand why you've been so depressed this game, but that SCOP is actually a gamewinner IF you join a decent team. kir is basically confirmed town at this point (either that or he is bluffing much better than he ever has before) so maybe join kir's team?

and yeah your passive only helps you against my 10 star SCOP, which doesn't effect you in particular but effects everyone. basically it's an aoe redirect that randomly redirects all night actions for a turn, which is useless especially for 10 stars. considering you don't actually... do anything at night other than try to join factions, I have no idea what your immunity is supposed to accomplish (But wait, I have a great d2d! I get an extra star for successfully lynching someone. I basically gave up, Kir can use the stars much better than I can.)
I can barely tolerate Pk as it is >_>
is it cuz i'm all capsing

i'm bored of that now

now i'm no capsing as usual
Also, I have no idea what Pk's alignment is so I don't even use the QT.
my alignment is chaotic neutral, ofc.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:43 am

You know, the thing is, I wanted to be on HPD's team because he knows what he's doing, and noone still proved himself to such a point as far as I'm concerned. But whatever, I'll go join OS next night if I don't die.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:54 am

Lynch Satel.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:43 pm

continues to contribute nothing to the game

Jesus, my powers are crumpets.

Like, vanilla mafia roles can use my SCOP every night levels of crumpets.

lynch Satel because I'm salty.
BUY GOLD

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:48 pm

I can vouch Q7 is absolutely helpless
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:14 pm

to be fair the game would break down if it was 3 mafia vs 8 people with decent powers. i guess most of us just get to be glorified townspeople with powers that let us pretend we're special.

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:06 pm

wait, there's a mafia in this game? i thought it was like orange star v blue moon v black hole or whatev

and i can vote twice? is that what deathray does? i'll assume that's what it does

lynch hpd x2 baby
the dream

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Intelligence systems made an on the fly quick change to their game as to patch a mechanic that supported suicidal strategy. After this happened everyone started to attack each other, death rays fired, battleships and the rest of the heavy guns.
Votecount wrote: Airnike: 0 :
Satel: 2 : Linkman, Q7
(3 Left) HPD: 3 : Satel, Twelve Boats, Death Ray
Q7: 0 :
Hawkesnightmare: 0 :
Kireato: 0 :
Linkman: 1 : Airnike
Twelve Boats: 0 :
Pkdragon: 0 :
(+1 to Lynch) (+1 Vote) Kiltman2: 0 :
Dragonite: 0 :
Death Ray: 0 :
No Lynch: 0 :

Not Voting: HPD, Hawkesnightmare, Kireato, Pkdragon, Kiltman2, Dragonite

Time Left: 5 Days, 0 Hours, 40 Minutes

It takes 6 to lynch.

I can't give you all amazing powers otherwise balance would be near impossible.

Wait, wait, wait.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Well, Pkdragon has already pointed out the two ways to charge my COP:
4 lynch votes on me and 5 lynch votes on no lynch (or death ray if Mysteriouslad decides that no lynch is no longer an option! :D )
OR
2 lynch votes on me and I bandwagon lynch whoever we decide to lynch today.

And I do not understand Satel. Why would you attempt to join the IDS faction if you goal is to lynch Caulder and your power grants you immunity to IDS actions? Instead you should join Black Hole, since Twelve Boats seems happy to to throw those HPD lynch votes.

So if I'm getting this straight, the following are confirmed factions:
Airnike and Kireato
Linkman and QQQQQQQ7777777
Satel
HPD and Pkdragon

Then there's Twelve Boats (and Death Ray) and hawkesnightmare but also Kiltman2 and Dragonite who are both pretty silent as usual.
I'm going to mull things and make a move later.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:12 pm

I think we've confirmed that Twelve Boats is Lash, hawkesnightmare is Hawke, and Kiltman is Drake.

so Twelve Boats + hawkesnightmare is BH and Kiltman is GE

I guess dragonite is with Kiltman in GE, then.

E: dragonite is Jess confirmed

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:22 pm

full list:

Kireato: Andy - OS
Airnike: Rachel - OS
Linkman: Sensei - YC
Q7: Sonja - YC (unconfirmed)
kiltman: Drake - GE
dragonite: Jess - GE
Twelve Boats: Lash - BH
hawkes: Hawke - BH
Pk: The Beast - IDS
HPD: Caulder - IDS
Satel: Isabella - no faction

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:30 pm

HPD wrote:Kireato: Andy - OS
Airnike: Rachel - OS
Linkman: Sensei - YC
Q7: Sonja - YC (unconfirmed)
kiltman: Drake - GE
dragonite: Jess - GE
Twelve Boats: Lash - BH
hawkes: Hawke - BH
Pk: The Beast - IDS
HPD: Caulder - IDS
Satel: Isabella - no faction
This is the same list as the one I posted myself a few days ago!!
AIRNIKE IS INTELLIGENT - CONFIRMED!!!!1!!!!!!!!ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, lynch Kireato

He's not on top of the list anyway.
Last edited by Airnike on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—from Big Blast Sonic

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:34 pm

That's something like that yes. Q7 could still be Kanbei or Grimm, but it's not for what it's worth that I care.

Also, Kir, I was attempting to set up and win as townie rather than follow the 3rd party win condition. I trust HPD's game more than anyone else's, and I trust him on being town, that's why I attempted to join him. I'll settle for another nation tonight, but not the one that is likely to lynch HPD just because.

lynch deathray

If anyone's not an idiot, lynch deathray and leave two votes only on the Kir.

Also, dragonite is awfully silent, and I know very well what happened the last time i've seen him so silent. I won't be acting on it now, though.

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:57 pm

I've dug through my PMs to check what actually happened last night.
MysteriousLad wrote:You have recieved a message:
"Twelve Boats is Mafia."
I expect this was Q7's doing or something. I'm not sure, but I'd wish the one responsible would notify me.

lynch Twelve boats

This is not a forgery, by the way. I'm too busy for that crumpets. Also apparently I'm not allowed to screencap it so meh.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:26 am

As easily as it might be forged, i'm riding the train with this one.

lynch twelve boats... this is going to take a while

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:27 am

Actually that was me. I was fudge around with my absolutely useless secondary day to day: send someone a message through the mod.

Briefly considered sending "buttz lol".

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:43 am

lynch linkman

even though you admit to dicking around, this could've been harmful

next time just send butts to people

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:47 am

tbh twelve boats probably is mafia

I mean look at her

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:29 am

lynch linkman

this manipulative kind of powers is really prone to be mafia

in comparison we can let twelve boats go for a while

edit: honestly im in the worst position ever, like, there's no nation i can actually do stuff with

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:59 am

I'm totally sending butts to satel tonight

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:02 am

id tap that ty

st3rn fudge st3rn

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:50 am

Being able to forge messages and send them through the mod is pretty...evil.
lynch linkman

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:16 am

The accusations where now flying back and forth across the test booth. People attacked someone, only to ally with the person they were attacking and together worked together to bring down another. Linkman was the main suspect, he was being pressured for not sending butts.
Votecount wrote: Airnike: 0 :
Satel: 2 : Linkman, Q7
HPD: 2 : Twelve Boats, Death Ray
Q7: 0 :
Hawkesnightmare: 0 :
Kireato: 1 : Pkdragon
(2 Left) Linkman: 4 : HPD, Satel, Hawkesnightmare, Airnike
Twelve Boats: 0 :
Pkdragon: 0 :
(+1 to Lynch) (+1 Vote) Kiltman2: 0 :
Dragonite: 0 :
Death Ray: 0 :
No Lynch: 0 :

Not Voting: Kireato, Kiltman2, Dragonite

Time Left: 4 Days, 2 Hours, 15 Minutes

It takes 6 to lynch.

I added Airnikes vote as it came right after the votecount.
Edit: Pkdragon's as well.
Last edited by MysteriousLad on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:17 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:Being able to forge messages and send them through the mod is pretty...evil.
lynch linkman
My thoughts exactly. My Finger of Suspicion is enough to make that a honest lynch linkman. I think twice, but not three times.
Thanks for admitting you were evil, and thanks for the free COP man. :)
—from Big Blast Sonic

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:18 am

Satel wrote:lynch linkman

this manipulative kind of powers is really prone to be mafia

in comparison we can let twelve boats go for a while

edit: honestly im in the worst position ever, like, there's no nation i can actually do stuff with
honestly the more I think about your power the more I like it. if you can team up with someone you can trust and agree with, you can get 3 votes. the other guy in the faction, if they were mafia, would need 3 votes to tie or 4 votes to override the lynch. if you played it right, that means that you can basically decide who to lynch. that is HUGE.

plus i'm totally jelly of your 6 star charge rate

so don't go green earth, because kiltman could potentially get those votes. other than that, your power really could be a game winner.

lynch Kireato

as I don't need the stars, i probably should be one of the two lynching kir.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:20 am

My SCOP is huge, but otherwise, i'm nothing special, really

st3rn fudge st3rn

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:04 am

a desperate gambit from a desperate hpd. i laugh at you
the dream