Advance Wars Upick: The Underdogs (Mafia) Win!!!

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Satel

Re: Advance Wars Upick: Day 4!!!

Post by Satel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:43 am

guys come on

i don't wanna lose, lynch hpd or sth lol
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:57 am

OK, I cannot see any way we win this. There is no way to lead a lynch against the mob here. It takes five to lynch, there's seven players and three mobsters.

So why haven't you ended this ML? I mean seriously, it's done. Unless there's only two mafia. And if that's the case, please say so.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:58 am

I forgot Linkman didn't justify himself. Worse yet, he's insulting everyone. I'm not standing this.

lynch Linkman

Oh wait, that one last post makes sense. Vote withdrawn.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:22 am

I browsed through most pages of the topic last night, must have missed seeing the roleclaim post of Airnike.

Anyway, one wrong lynch will mean the town loses. Especially with those vote boosts present, the mafia only needs to bandwagon once there have been enough stray votes around. At the very least, I'm having the impression the mafia have a plan and want to finish this up soon.

Depending on the amount of protection Kir has up, is no lynch a option?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:22 am

seven players with three mafia is still possible

also i have an extra vote, which I'll keep from this moment on since Caulder's best and most secret ability is to gain +1 vote for every three stars I've got charged

currently, I have five, and didn't get it last turn because ML just forgot about it and i didn't want to give it away just then since it's honestly pretty good

so yeah, I think that Kireato is correct in his guess that the mafia have four votes running and just fall short of an instant win, in that case we can get it, provided we nuke a player all at once and hope for the love of nell that we hit a mafia

from then on I hopefully don't die and we can keep hitting the other mafia with my brutal vote barrage
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:37 am

So I sort of trust you HPD. And I know you sort of trust me.

And then there's Kir, which for all he's done in this game at the very least sounds town.

Dragonite, Hawke, Airnike, PK.

Pick one I guess? I still wanna lynch Airnike.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:58 am

What the heck..? I've been trying to help everyone. You're as easy to satisfy as a New York crowd, for the sole reason that I failed at saving our souls.

I mean, lynching me is as purposeful as lynching HPD. My double-voting status is one of the town's best assets, given how lynches are town's primary weapon. I, for doubles, don't get how you'd think Kir is even remotely suspicious. Have you guys ever seen a Mafia doctor? No. I can even say it makes as much sense as a Town Godfather. You're seriously not thinking straight if you're suspecting Kir. He is pretty much my only confirmed townie.

The only thing preventing me from lynching you is that you're making sense, while Dragonite, my other main suspect, only said we're in lynch-or-lose status, which is being Captain Obvious.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:10 am

Apparently Sonja has the ability to still gain stars after death.
BUY GOLD

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:16 am

Ok so I have an idea that can-

you know what.

fudge it.

COME ON BOYS, LET"S END THIS

LYNCH DRAGONITE
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:17 am

Okay, we're done here.

lynch Dragonite x2 for the win.

And with that one minute quickhammer, I am free! Because IT WAS ME, KIR! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG! By the way, YOUUUUUUU'RRRRREEEEEEE! FIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEDDD!
I always wanted to say that. :)
Last edited by Airnike on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:17 am

Lynch Draggers. Both votes.
Last edited by hawkesnightmare on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:18 am

AIRNIKE, MAKE SURE YOU SPECIFY TO USE YOUR TWO VOTES

YOU TWO, HAWKES

LOL!
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:18 am

Edited.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:19 am

PILLAGE AND RAPE AND DESTROY ETC

NEVER TRUST THE BEAST

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:20 am

edited

Now if you forgive me, it's time to sic my Covering Fire on Jake's ass for not having been in this game.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:20 am

come on guys i wanted to not lose :(

also bro, didn't YOU kill jake before this game?
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:21 am

End of Day 4, final mod post coming.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:21 am

Hawke- A CO of the Black Hole army who will stop at nothing to achieve his goals.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:21 am

Satel wrote:come on guys i wanted to not lose :(

Er, now that you tell me about it, it's actually possible. I don't recall how I managed to team up with a pair of sociopaths anyway, so I might as well.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:22 am

Nice one, mafia. The town had literally NO CHANCE of winning.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:22 am

Satel wrote:Nice one, mafia. The town had literally NO CHANCE of winning.
NO CHANCE IN HELL!!!!! xD
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:23 am

Well, no one suspected us until last night, but by then we had already popped our powers.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:23 am

Airnike wrote:
Satel wrote:come on guys i wanted to not lose :(

Er, now that you tell me about it, it's actually possible. I don't recall how I managed to team up with a pair of sociopaths anyway, so I might as well.
PSYCHOPATH. I DON'T DO ANY OF THAT "SOCIO" NONSENSE. GET IT RIGHT.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:24 am

Airnike wrote:I don't recall how I managed to team up with a pair of sociopaths anyway, so I might as well.
I simply do what I must.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:24 am

The mafia is legit hilarious and the town was legit tragic.

STOP UNDERESTIMATING PEOPLE PLZ

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:25 am

Pkdragon wrote:PSYCHOPATH. I DON'T DO ANY OF THAT "SOCIO" NONSENSE. GET IT RIGHT.
Fat lolz, also qft Stern. I think you would've learned with my 60% as-of-now record of being scum.

Anyway. TOWN! WELCOME TO DIE!!!
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:25 am

Heh. I see what you did there Hawke. I figured what the plan must have been last night, but my innocence was a piece of evidence the others didn't have. gg

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:27 am

There's always that one guy who catches on to me, though. Now that we won, I can finally breathe in peace.

Also, time to strap these puny townies to a missile and launch the damn thing into space. :P
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:30 am

And you call us psychopaths...

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:30 am

Go edit your sig Airnike.

I didn't handle being suspect very well, but the town as whole spend the whole time ganging up on a few people who fell outside the collective.Having to adapt to AW rules also make it harder to navigate.
Last edited by Dragonite on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:32 am

Excuse me? xD
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:33 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:
Airnike wrote:time to strap these puny townies to a missile and launch the damn thing into space. :P
And you call us psychopaths...
I believe he is referring to this.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:34 am

oh yeah i updated my brand

hawke and airnike should be glad i didn't end up getting an opportunity to use it

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:35 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:
hawkesnightmare wrote:And you call us psychopaths...
I believe he is referring to this.
Oh, it would be narcissistic of me to quote myself. *laugh track*
*proceeds to do exactly that*
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:38 am

There it was, the lightning fast strike from Neo Black Hole. They attacked Dragonite with such force, overrunning him with aid from the surprised HPD. Nobody could stop them now, they had won.
"AIRNIME, PKDRAGON AND HAWKESNIGHTMARE HAVE WON" The booth owner yelled. The crowd went wild. The game had been displayed perfectly, it was bound to be a success.
Final Votecount wrote: (+1 Vote) Airnike: 0 :
(+1 Vote) HPD: 0 :
(+1 Vote) Hawkesnightmare: 0 :
Kireato: 1 : Tank Swarm
Linkman: 0 :
Pkdragon: 0 :
(LYNCH!) Dragonite: 5 : HPD, Pkdragon, Airnike
Tank Swarm: 0 :
No Lynch: 0 :

Not Voting: Dragonite, Hawkesnightmare, Kireato, Linkman

Time Left: Game End.

It takes 5 to lynch.
Dragonite was Jess, a member of the Allied Nations.
Here are the remaining Role PM's:
MysteriousLad wrote:Image
Welcome Airnike, you are Rachel!

Affiliation: Orange Star, Neo Black Hole

Abilities:
  • Day to Day:
    --Hardworking: You gain an extra star if you were on the lynch wagon. (So 2 extra stars instead of the usual 1.)
  • COP:
    --Lucky Lass[***]: You have an 95% chance of gaining an extra vote, 4% chance of gaining two and 1% chance of gaining three votes for the next day.
  • SCOP:
    --Covering Fire[******]: You may target three players tonight to remove 1 star from each of them. They also have a 33% chance of being role blocked.
Win Condition: Neo Black Hole- You win when the living number of members of your faction equal half the total number of players.

Do not post until I say the game has begun! Have fun :)
Welcome Linkman, you are Sensei.

Affiliation: Yellow Comet, Allied Nations

Abilities:
  • Day to Day:
    --Sky Writing: You may send a message to the mod at night to send to a player of your choice. This can only be used once and doesn't count as a night-action.
    --Speedy Escape: Twice this game as a night-action you may make yourself immune to all night-actions.
  • COP:
    --Copter Command[**]: Give another player stars until they are one away from their COP.
  • SCOP:
    --Airborne Assault[*****]: Give another player stars until they are one away from their SCOP.
Win Condition: Allied Nations- You win when all members of Neo Black Hole are dead.

Welcome HPD, you are Caulder.

Affiliation: IDS, Allied Nations

Abilities:
  • Day to Day:
    --Private Army: You gain an extra vote for every three stars you have.
    --Overwhelming Power: No member of the IDS can be role-blocked while you are alive.
    --Undisturbed Research: Every day that ends without a vote on you gives you an extra star.
  • COP:
    --Gathering Power: Caulder saves all his stars for his SCOP.
  • SCOP:
    --Supreme Boost[********]: All members of allied nation are protected from night-kills tonight.
Win Condition: Allied Nations- You win when all members of Neo Black Hole are dead.

Welcome Dragonite, you are Jess.

Affiliation: Green Earth, Allied Nations

Abilities:
  • Day to Day:
    --Tank Expert: Once per game you can choose to make a tank at night. You do this by pm'ing the mod and giving a name, the tank will vote that player next day and will be destroyed after that.
  • COP:
    --Turbo Charge[***]: You may use the ability "Tank Expert" again if you have already used it.
  • SCOP:
    --Overdrive[******]: You may use the ability "Tank Expert" again if you have already used it and tonight you may night-kill another player.

Welcome Pkdragon, you are THE BEAST!

Affiliation: IDS, Neo Black Hole

Abilities:
  • Day to Day:
    --Plundering Menace: You receive all unused stars of a lynched player if you were on his wagon at the end of the day.
  • COP:
    --Beastly Power[****]: All night-actions targeting you tonight and randomly redirected.
  • SCOP:
    --Anarchy[**********]: All night-action by the allied nations are randomly redirected.
Win Condition: Neo Black Hole- You win when the living number of members of your faction equal half the total number of players.

Welcome Kireato, you are Andy.

Affiliation: Orange Star, Allied Nations

Abilities:
  • Day to Day:
    --Mechanical Wonder: You may protect one person from a night-kill each night.
    --"Careful Planner": You are immune to one night-kill this game.
  • COP:
    --Hyper Repair[***]: You may make a player immune to one night-kill for the remainder of the game.
  • SCOP:
    --Hyper Upgrade[******]: You may make a player immune to one night-kill for the remainder of the game as well as making them immune any other night-actions tonight. Also, tomorrow you gain an extra vote.
Win Condition:
Allied Nations- You win when all members of Neo Black Hole are dead.

Welcome Hawkesnightmare, you are Hawke. (Aren't I friendly?)

Affiliation: Black Hole, Neo Black Hole

Abilities:
  • Day to Day:
    --Intimidate: You may role-block a player each night.
  • COP:
    --Black Wave[*****]: One star is removed from each member of the allied nations. For every three stars removed you gain an extra vote. You may take this along with you role-block.
  • SCOP:
    --Black Storm[*********]: Two stars are removed from each member of the allied nations. For every two stars removed you gain an extra vote. You may take this along with your role-block.

Mod notes and actions are in the first post of spectator thread, here are the QT's:
Neo Black Hole
Orange Star
Spectator Thread
IDS Thread
Yellow Comet
Green Earth
Black Hole
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:43 am

Next time when I say lynch Airnike

fudge BELIEVE ME DICKS

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:45 am

Looks like everyone made the mistake of telling their nation buddy their powers. Good thing for us, each of us had access to the QTs except for Yellow Comet and Green Earth, neither of which were too active.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:49 am

Exactly. Mindgaming Kir was easy. I dunno for you guys.
He happened to regret spilling the beans last day.

Also, I suppose it's time I prepare to host the next Mafia game I guess. AT least you won't have to ask for people to lynch me, Link.
Last edited by Airnike on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:49 am

Hey Lad, how'bout you declare this game over for real?

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:53 am

Looking back at it, having us be divided in nations was more of a liability then anything, since the mafia can communicate with each other anyway. Since this will work only once anyway, we are probably better off dropped that next time.