~Double Mafia~ Signup Topic

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Airnike

~Double Mafia~ Signup Topic

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:35 am

Double Mafia:

Introduction:
In the small city of Nixville, a masquerade is going on, with vampires and werewolves secretly fighting in the City right under the eyes of humans, while hiding their true nature to the eyes of the normals... But this was not to last. After the Mayor discovered a stray vampire at night, he was savagely murdered by the standard bite-to-the-neck execution method, traditional to vampires and telltale to everyone else.
In the absence of the Mayor, the town suddenly went crazy and was quarantined. The vampires and werewolves' blood is boiling, and the humans want this whole masquerade to cease with all vampires and werewolves dead. In short time, after several night slaughters, the population was only of ten members. And with this the activity suddenly ceased. Suddenly vampires and werewolves started double-crossing their kin as well as the others, and another evil group was looking to seize the city. The war lost its original purpose: now it's not only a race war, but a matter of uprooting the evil Mafia as well.
  • Lingo:
  • Three (or more) people who attempt to lynch one same person form a lynching party. The only instance in which two people can form a lynching party is if the total number of players is 4 or inferior.
    No lynching party means no lynch.
  • People can be injured by some actions. Injuries heal at the end of the phase following the injury.
    If you have 2 injuries, you are blocked; you also don't count towards the majority requirements to lynch, and it takes 2 less votes to lynch you during day phases.
    If you bear three simultaneous injuries, you unconditionally and immediately die.
  • General rules:
  • Note: Outside-topic conversation can be done in PMs.
  • Warning: Night actions have to be announced by PMs. It's not mandatory to use your night action.
  • Warning: Lynching votes must be bolded.
  • Warning: Each person that is inactive during one day gets a Negative Penalty. It functions as a special injury that cannot be healed. It takes 2 less votes to lynch someone with Negative Penalty.
  • Warning: If it takes X less votes to lynch you and the number of votes required to lynch is superior or equal to X, you instantly die. This mostly comes into account when you have Negative Penalty and another injury since it would take four less votes to lynch you.
  • Note: Mafia don't have a nightkill. Each scum role's night action will be enough. Even most townies can kill people.
  • Warning: People have two alignments.
    • Town/Mafia:
    • Town: The standard goodie group. This group isn't self-aware, meaning that no townie originally knows who else is a townie. Town wins when all scum are dead.
    • Mafia: The standard baddie group. The Mafia is self-aware, meaning that scum know who the other scum is. They don't know the exact role each one has however.
    • Races:
    • Human: The last humans alive, great at slaying non-humans with the powers bestowed onto them by being priests in a fantasy setting; and they still have a number advantage. Humanity isn't a self-aware group. Humans win when they outnumber vampires and werewolves combined have no win condition related to them, but are all townies.
    • Vampires: Those guys who are pale and drink blood at night, mortally sometimes. The kings of the night. Those who keep their cool except when shot with a wooden bullet in the heart. Vampires form a self-aware group. Vampires win when they outnumber humans and werewolves combined.
    • Werewolves: Those who howl in the night and go on mindless rampages. They have claws, they have teeth, and they know how to use them. They fear nothing but silver bullets. Werewolves form a self-aware group. Werewolves win when they outnumber humans and vampires combined.
  • Warning: Only the scum win condition ends the game by itself. If town wins, this game more or less becomes Humans vs. Vampires vs. Werewolves. If any other faction wins the game, they simply exterminate every other faction and win conditions are reverified in case of extermination bringing forth an endgame situation.
There are 10 roles ready for the original setup. Remaining: 2
  1. In:
  2. Brother I mean St3rn Satel.
  3. THE BEAST pk
  4. Hawkes
  5. HPD
  6. The Lad
  7. Draggy
  8. The Kir
  9. Qbie
  • Please be decent and try not to break the game. Even if you try, there's little chance for you to win it anyway.
    - Airnike

Rules aimed to counter cheating and/or game-breaking:
  • Screenshots transmissions via PM is not allowed. He who trespasses this rule shall be disqualified, modkilled, and called Bella/Edward/Jacob.
  • Mass claiming is useless: everyone will want to win by themselves, so claiming is ruining yourself publicly.
  • Leak and die. This is self-explanatory. If you leak information that is supposed to be secret, you die.
Props to Dragon Fogel for his help with balancing roles.
Last edited by Airnike on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:52 am, edited 31 times in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Re: ~Double Mafia~ Signup Topic

Post by Satel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:43 am

You already know i'm in.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:43 am

THE BEAST IS IN
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:46 am

blerp
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:40 am

Allow me to digest those rules. (And think of ways to break them pre-game.)
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:44 am

yeah, in
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:44 am

MysteriousLad wrote:Allow me to digest those rules. (And think of ways to break them pre-game.)
Good luck with that. You don't even know the roles.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:48 am

So according to the rules we can send snapshots of our roles. Even videos or stuff?
Not being an arse here, want to clear possible game ruiners before they happen.

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:49 am

^in as the illuminati

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:03 am

MysteriousLad wrote:So according to the rules we can send snapshots of our roles. Even videos or stuff?
Not being an arse here, want to clear possible game ruiners before they happen.
You can try. You could even forge stuff to deceive people. I don't suggest trying that. Read the rules and find out why that will not help you at all.
EDIT: Screw that. Anybody who actually attempts this will get a BOOT TO THE HEAD.
Last edited by Airnike on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:08 am

In. And this time I need to work on my poor reputation >_>

You have a lot of high-power roles prepared, or is it going to be more cunning-based? Also, PM's? Score. Best games have PMs. Muhaha.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:08 am

Dragonite wrote:In. And this time I need to work on my poor reputation >_>

You have a lot of high-power roles prepared, or is it going to be more cunning-based? Also, PM's? Score. Best games have PMs. Muhaha.
Agreed. Best games have PMs.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:10 am

Dragonite wrote:In. And this time I need to work on my poor reputation >_>

Power is relative. You need to get your shots right is all, but potentially this game could be a bloodshed.

And I don't have a QuickTopic account, meaning I have nothing of the like. Plus this is more a hindrance to communication. Also, you'll need to be quite a weasel to really communicate with half the town.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:25 am

I'm in too. :)
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:30 am

Welcome to Twilight-except-cool Mafia.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:31 am

requesting edweeb cullen

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:54 am

Satel wrote:requesting edweeb cullen
Someone forgot the word "cool" in here somewhere.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:18 am

Everybody has (brutually) killing Edward, Jacob, and Bella as a win condition. It's that simple.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:26 am

Dragonite wrote:Everybody has (brutally) killing Edward, Jacob, and Bella as a win condition. It's that simple.
Remember kids. If you suck at writing, everybody will want to lynch your characters.
Also did you remember that in Nixville, those three probably would've died in the early riots. I'm so evil.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:35 pm

In
BUY GOLD

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:39 pm

WARNING: Injuries' power have been nerfed. You now need to be injured twice to be blocked and three do die.

WARNING: 28/01/2015: Role balance has been tweaked. The game will be easier to work with and not bastard. Some roles have been buffed and a potentially game-ending-by-itself role has been toned down.

EDIT: I guess now is the time when we let out all the pressure we've been accumulating through the previous Mafia game while waiting for a remaining pair of players to introduce themselves.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:02 am

I think everyone is a bit burned out by mafia. These eight seem to be the regulars, with people like Deoxy, Liam and Kiltman2 playing the occasional game. If no one signs up in the next couple days, we might have to make do with what we've got.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:30 am

I can't believe I don't even manage to have 10 people in this game.
I'll have to take away a pair of roles, but 3 scum against 5 townies is OP.
Let me theory a bit about which roles I should take off, should noone sign in in the next days. This is balls though, it's hard to make that work with 8 players.
I'll work on that. It's better than having to demonstrate Negative Penalty.

Urgency balance! Here is a log of changes:
- Taken away 1 vampire and one werewolf role.
- Human scum role taken off: are now all townies.
- Human win condition taken off.
- A new role was introduced.

Game starts tomorrow. Signups are effectively closed. Role PMs are sent. Let me create the topic and let the bloodbath begin tomorrow.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Narts

Post by Narts » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:13 am

The legs are in once more.

Are they deathly pale legs or hairy legs, well, I'm afraid you'll have to find out yourselves!

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:45 am

yesss legs
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:49 am

Narts wrote:The legs are in once more.

Are they deathly pale legs or hairy legs, well, I'm afraid you'll have to find out yourselves!
Sorry, but you're in a bit late. If you really insist on joining, and I would like that, please repost and I'll cook you a little Role PM.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:23 am

Just add her (him?) in.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:04 am

Might skew balance, but hey. Narts, thank the Lad. You're in!
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.