~Double Mafia~ Nixville: GAME BLOWN DAY ONE

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Airnike

~Double Mafia~ Nixville: GAME BLOWN DAY ONE

Post by Airnike » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:01 am

Nixville has broken into all-out war following the Mayor's death. After this, racial war broke out, and then a new Mafia rose, attempting to rise to power ignoring the racial war that recently broke out.
While everyone of you eight wants to break out to the outside world, you will not do so until you accomplish your calling: becoming ruler of Nixville.
There is little time, and the truce is over. The war games being today, and Nixville will end with them.
  • General rules:
  • Note: Outside-topic conversation can be done in PMs.
  • Warning: Night actions have to be announced by PMs. It's not mandatory to use your night action.
  • Warning: Lynching votes must be bolded.
  • Warning: Each person that is inactive during one day gets a Negative Penalty. It functions as a special injury that cannot be healed. It takes 2 less votes to lynch someone with Negative Penalty.
  • Warning: If it takes X less votes to lynch you and the number of votes required to lynch is superior or equal to X, you instantly die. This mostly comes into account when you have Negative Penalty and another injury since it would take four less votes to lynch you.
  • Note: Mafia don't have a nightkill. Each scum role's night action will be enough. Even most townies can kill people.
  • Please be decent and try not to break the game. Even if you try, there's little chance for you to win it anyway.
    - Airnike

Rules aimed to counter cheating and/or game-breaking:
  • Screenshots transmissions via PM is not allowed. He who trespasses this rule shall be disqualified, modkilled, and called Bella/Edward/Jacob.
  • Mass claiming is useless: everyone will want to win by themselves, so claiming is ruining yourself publicly.
  • Leak and die. This is self-explanatory. If you leak information that is supposed to be secret, you die.
Prepare yourselves, everyone. GAME START

GAME BLOWN
Last edited by Airnike on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Kireato

Re: ~Double Mafia~ Nixville: Pre-game

Post by Kireato » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:36 am

I've read it now. I still need to read the rules though. :P
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:02 am

The rules are simple: lynch HPD
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:25 am

Yeah no, Vote: Satel
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:09 am

lynch mysterious lad

gettin' real reservoir dogs in here
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:15 am

The game hasn't even started and we're already throwing votes everywhere.

Yeah, this is WWN Mafia alright.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:19 am

Narts has been added to the game.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:31 am

legggggz

lynch hpd
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:38 am

LEEEGGGGSSSSSSSS
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:43 pm

Where's that damn computer room?
"We are all equally real and unreal."

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:37 pm

Ok we shouldn't get distracted playing games here with legs, the mafia can hide in our uselessness. I'm going to avoid any PM contact and push all my suspects openly in this thread. As off now it looks like Satel is trying to avoid posting content, something we know he does when he has a powerful ability. We should push him to figure which alignment that ability is.

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:39 pm

QQQQQQQ7777777 wrote:Where's that damn computer room?
Plz actually play this game this time, you've shown you're capable. If you don't it may be worth policy lynching you. A dead useless town is better than a live one.

Wait, wait, wait.

Narts

Post by Narts » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Lynch MysteriousLad

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Narts wrote:Lynch MysteriousLad
Is this a random vote or does it have reasoning?

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Remeber nobody else vote me, 3 votes is a lynch.

Wait, wait, wait.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:48 pm

MysteriousLad wrote:Ok we shouldn't get distracted playing games here with legs, the mafia can hide in our uselessness. I'm going to avoid any PM contact and push all my suspects openly in this thread. As off now it looks like Satel is trying to avoid posting content, something we know he does when he has a powerful ability. We should push him to figure which alignment that ability is.
Are you mad? The game hasn't even truly started yet and you're already out for blood.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Not mad, just want to win.
I suggest if you're town that you should also start discussion.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Day 1 starts immediately.

Prepare your knives, guns, forks, and whatever is at hand, townspeople!
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Re: ~Double Mafia~ Nixville: DAY ONE

Post by Satel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:14 pm

The Lad is already telling lots of nonsense, really.

Such thirst for blood is usually characteristic of vampires (and Narts), therefore, lynch Lad.

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:28 pm

Satel wrote:The Lad is already telling lots of nonsense, really.

Such thirst for blood is usually characteristic of vampires (and Narts), therefore, lynch Lad.
unvote
This is a town, probaly human slip. The mafia would know that vampire doesn't equal mafia (there's an actualy mafia faction) and that vampires could be town. Satel seems to think vampire=mafia.
(This is why you should talk)

Wait, wait, wait.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:33 pm

Yeah, that was odd. Pre-talk is a first to begin with, but that was oddly eager. I also opted not to post pre-game(mostly due it being night) and you didn't mention anything about me.

Anyway, is there anything known about the size of the various factions?

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:37 pm

Dragonite wrote:Anyway, is there anything known about the size of the various factions?
The things known is that townies have number advantage against mafia and humans have number advantage over all other races combined, which is why I took off their win condition in the first place.
Why yes, I do work part-time as information feed. Please do with it.
- Airnike
Last edited by Airnike on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:39 pm

Lad, you seem to have misunderstood something, but go ahead, keep thinking you're a mafia god who's got everyone figured out.

It's amusing.

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Satel wrote:Lad, you seem to have misunderstood something, but go ahead, keep thinking you're a mafia god who's got everyone figured out.

It's amusing.
Mmm, according to the rules Werewolves are a self-aware group that win once they outnumber humans and vampires. Same goes for the vampires.
Not all vampires/werewolves are mafia aligned, so basically we should focus on rooting out the mafia and then start the faction war.
What have I missed? I doubt you are werewolf/vampire as town is mostly human, you're most likely human therefore if you are town. You could well be a werewolf though.

Wait, wait, wait.

Narts

Post by Narts » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:04 pm

Indeed, I'm the only mafia god around here.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:06 pm

Narts wrote:Indeed, I'm the only mafia god around here.
QFT

st3rn fudge st3rn

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:14 am

So usually, werewolf/vampire bites can turn humans. Should we expect the same in this game?

This game already sounds like it'll be incredibly messy.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:28 am

Kireato wrote:So usually, werewolf/vampire bites can turn humans. Should we expect the same in this game?
Bites from whichever of both species are instant-kill blows. The logical conclusion being that there will be no human turning vampire or werewolf.
Kireato wrote:This game already sounds like it'll be incredibly messy.
This is for me to worry about. Keep yerself focused on the game and I will be handling it all.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:52 am

Airnike wrote:Bites from whichever of both species are instant-kill blows. The logical conclusion being that there will be no human turning vampire or werewolf.
Uh, and are we dealing with some vampires/werewolves who can no longer bite or something? Like a geriatric werewolf
Airnike wrote:This is for me to worry about. Keep yerself focused on the game and I will be handling it all.
:miss:

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:55 am

I forgot my vote!

Lynch Dragonite

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:39 am

The Lad is unusually ecstatic this game. As far as I know, he hasn't been evil yet. Now, we know that there are three "evil" factions. There are nine players. Airnike has said the humans outnumber both vampires and werewolves combined. Now, it wouldn't be very balanced to only have one of each monster, so I think that there are five humans and four monsters. We also know that there are three mafia, unless something changed right before the game started. If we lynch anyone at all, we have a MINUMIM 33% chance of hitting an evil role (3 mafia), and a MAXIMUM of a 77% chance (4 monsters+3 mafia). Funnily enough, those two percentages balance out to 55%, if we're going on raw probability. Though for balance's sake, I think Airnike put one mafia member in each race faction. If I'm right about the ratio of races and the allocation of mafia within them, we have a raw 66% chance of hitting an evil member, and depending on how the monsters are split up, that percentage will be even higher for someone who is a monster.

Now, all that said: Lynch Dragonite
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:59 am

iirc he said the human mafioso has been gotten rid of, so i think we only have two mafiosi in this game

EDIT: Presumably it means 2 mafiosi, one werewolf and one vampire; and 7 townies, 1 werewolf, 1 vampire and 5 humans.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:43 am

Satel wrote:iirc he said the human mafioso has been gotten rid of, so i think we only have two mafiosi in this game
EDIT: Presumably it means 2 mafiosi, one werewolf and one vampire; and 7 townies, 1 werewolf, 1 vampire and 5 humans.
Visibly, things are not obvious enough, so I shall grant you the benefit of clarity. Airnike news feed time.
I will tell you only the things you should know: the number of scum in Nixville is a wee 2. Also, Nixville's population by species amounts to 5 humans and 4 non-humans.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:06 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:The Lad is unusually ecstatic this game. As far as I know, he hasn't been evil yet. Now, we know that there are three "evil" factions. There are nine players. Airnike has said the humans outnumber both vampires and werewolves combined. Now, it wouldn't be very balanced to only have one of each monster, so I think that there are five humans and four monsters. We also know that there are three mafia, unless something changed right before the game started. If we lynch anyone at all, we have a MINUMIM 33% chance of hitting an evil role (3 mafia), and a MAXIMUM of a 77% chance (4 monsters+3 mafia). Funnily enough, those two percentages balance out to 55%, if we're going on raw probability. Though for balance's sake, I think Airnike put one mafia member in each race faction. If I'm right about the ratio of races and the allocation of mafia within them, we have a raw 66% chance of hitting an evil member, and depending on how the monsters are split up, that percentage will be even higher for someone who is a monster.

Now, all that said: Lynch Dragonite
I played like this last game I was in, got lynched and was right.

Wait, wait, wait.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:41 am

Alright, so minimum chance of hitting an evil role is 44%, maximum 66%. I still like those odds.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:56 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:Alright, so minimum chance of hitting an evil role is 44%, maximum 66%. I still like those odds.
I would like you guys to stop flagging the minority races as evil. Thank you. :D
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:58 am

MysteriousLad wrote:
QQQQQQQ7777777 wrote:Where's that damn computer room?
Plz actually play this game this time, you've shown you're capable. If you don't it may be worth policy lynching you. A dead useless town is better than a live one.
You dare talk back to me you damn fool?

Anyways, yes. Something came up last game that kept me from participating, and I apologize profusely to all of you. I promise to do my best to serve the town well this time around.

The cycle of life and death continues. We will live, and scum will die.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:15 am

With such a volatile setup, I expect leaks to happen at any moment. It might be beneficial for the werewolves/vampires to leak their other members since they might be mafia.

At least, that's what happened in Mafia X.

I will handle your leaks with discretion, though, but I expect they'll end up with the LEGS before too long.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:23 am

The fact is, werewolves and vampires will probably want to win versus humans, and especially against each other, more than against the mafia.

Remember than winning as town doesn't end the game, and this victory isn't everyone's to share.

Also, I didn't know Narts was a leaks person, always thought he was a legs person.

st3rn fudge st3rn

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:43 am

HPD wrote:With such a volatile setup, I expect leaks to happen at any moment. It might be beneficial for the werewolves/vampires to leak their other members since they might be mafia.

At least, that's what happened in Mafia X.

I will handle your leaks with discretion, though, but I expect they'll end up with the LEGS before too long.
  • Leak and die. This is self-explanatory. If you leak information that is supposed to be secret, you die.