~Double Mafia~ Nixville: GAME BLOWN DAY ONE

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Airnike

Re: ~Double Mafia~ Nixville: DAY ONE

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:45 am

QQQQQQQ7777777 wrote:
HPD wrote:With such a volatile setup, I expect leaks to happen at any moment. It might be beneficial for the werewolves/vampires to leak their other members since they might be mafia.

At least, that's what happened in Mafia X.

I will handle your leaks with discretion, though, but I expect they'll end up with the LEGS before too long.
  • Leak and die. This is self-explanatory. If you leak information that is supposed to be secret, you die.
Thank you Q. A fine man you are.
I suppose I need to copypasta the rules on the first post of this thread too.
Last edited by Airnike on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:46 am

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED

NEITHER SHOULD YOU
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:47 am

Well screw it, (I tried airnike, but the urge was too strong)
I'm Paragon and I think we (The humans) should claim now.
There are 5 humans and according to airnike all humans are town. Therefore if all humans claim we are left with a group of 4, all confirmed enemies. If they fake claim, their race they'll have a problem, my abilities will take care of that. Also claim your name, the scum that aren't sorted by my ability will be easier to spot by comparing flavour.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:48 am

I also totaly didn't crumb my role there.

Wait, wait, wait.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:52 am

humans can be mafia, right?

i dunno man these rules are weirrrddd
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:53 am

It's been stated there are no human mafia.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:55 am

what the hell

so basically ML's tactic works?

hot damn

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:56 am

It will work if humans aren't afraid of revealing their abilities. For sure I will not.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:57 am

Damnit, I forgot that humans were so majority that massclaiming was a possibility...

If I were to consider this leaking, MysteriousLad should immediately die. For inciting leaks, MysteriousLad get a warning.
One more and he'll suffer from mod-inflicted Negative Penalty.
A third warning will result in a modkill.

Also, circumstances said that no human is actually mafia.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:01 am

so vampire/werewolf is mutually exclusive

mafia is either vampire or werewolf by default

there are five humans, so four vampire/werewolf

I expect the split is even, so two/two with one mafia on either side

now it's just a matter of time to see who betrays their partner first

Narts

Post by Narts » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:12 am

The rules say nothing about legging information.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:17 am

BRING ON THE LEGS

seriously i have no idea what's going on

legs are something i can understand
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:17 am

You can leak legs, but please keep the non-PG innuendo outta here. ;)
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:18 am

What, it said claiming is useless not banned.

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:19 am

Anyway, I'm basically confirmed town now as Airnike wouldn't have warned me otherwise.

Wait, wait, wait.

Narts

Post by Narts » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:19 am

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:21 am

glorious

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:21 am

I trust the legs more than I trust the Lad.
Whatever that means.

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:23 am

Satel wrote:I trust the legs more than I trust the Lad.
Whatever that means.
Nothing, according to wwn policy I'm not to be trusted.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:23 am

MysteriousLad wrote:What, it said claiming is useless not banned.
It was entirely useless in the previous setup since humans were in no way majority. But your roleclaim is perfectly legit.
Inciting a mass roleclaim, however, is treated as inciting a leak, and therefore is not a legit strategy, which is the reason you got a warning. I would also have warned you if you were Mafia, Lad; please do not delude yourself.
"Do not argue with the mod's decisions" is also an intrinsic rule of any game. Unless of course your deepest wish is to be changed into a tree stump, I highly advise you respect this.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:25 am

you know that the more you try to enforce rules the sillier it becomes and the more likely people become to break them

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:29 am

Airnike wrote:
hawkesnightmare wrote:Alright, so minimum chance of hitting an evil role is 44%, maximum 66%. I still like those odds.
I would like you guys to stop flagging the minority races as evil. Thank you. :D
Airnike wrote:Warning: Only the scum win condition ends the game by itself. If town wins, this game more or less becomes Humans vs. Vampires vs. Werewolves. If any other faction wins the game, they simply exterminate every other faction and win conditions are reverified in case of extermination bringing forth an endgame situation.
According to the rules, humans have to eliminate the "minority races" after having eliminated the mafia. So for all intents and purpose, they are indeed evil from the human point of view.

Here's how the town monster will play according to the rules. First they have to convince the mafia monster to drop their mafia partner in order to achieve a monster domination victory, but at the very end, they'll have to betray the mafia monster in order to prevent a scum victory. (Though I guess it doesn't really matter since the scum monster will have still achieved monster domination victory... He'll be dead, but victorious.)

So basically, in this game both mafia and monster players will back-stab their partners at the first opportunity. If each monster can bite, and each bite is lethal, and there are four monsters, well... The first opportunity is going to be the very first night because of how quickly people will die.

If a mafia monster can convince his partner to bite a player who is not his monster partner, while he himself targets the other mafia monster, they will essentially have won in a single night. Honestly, the only good reply for this type of betrayal is to inform your town monster partner of who your mafia monster partner is, for retaliation.

In all this, I'm looking at the injury rule, which makes it seem like maybe there won't be that many kills per night, even perhaps none, but with the monsters having one shot kills, we see the injuries rule for what it really is: a way for humans to not kill other humans at night.

If we can lynch a monster on day 1, we will have broken the balance between the mafia players and they will be that much more likely to target each other. (After all, what better way to gain the trust of his mafia/monster partner, then to assassinate his other partner?)

Honestly, the whole glitter on furry thing was never going to work so I'm expecting a bloodbath. What's certain is that for humans, all non humans are evil.

As for my lynch, I just asked the RNGOD for guidance.
Airnike wrote:Leak and die. This is self-explanatory. If you leak information that is supposed to be secret, you die.
Actually, I don't get this rule.

Mysteriouslad's roleclaim is considered a leak now?

We are all capable of inventing a role. Take Narts, I'm sure he'll roleclaim Barmaid or Cabaret Dancer or something. He's probably human too.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Narts

Post by Narts » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:29 am

Can I be mafia stump? That is the best role.

roguemafia returns

Post by roguemafia returns » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:43 am

Q7 is a Vampire.

Thanks for the legs. :^)

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:45 am

Someone please delete the above post.
HPD wrote:you know that the more you try to enforce rules the sillier it becomes and the more likely people become to break them
If I don't enforce rules, however, people will break them from the get-go. I'm trying to be as simple as possible. Mafia should be about playing the game, not breaking it.
Kireato wrote:
Airnike wrote:I would like you guys to stop flagging the minority races as evil. Thank you. :D
Airnike wrote:Warning: Only the scum win condition ends the game by itself. If town wins, this game more or less becomes Humans vs. Vampires vs. Werewolves. If any other faction wins the game, they simply exterminate every other faction and win conditions are reverified in case of extermination bringing forth an endgame situation.
According to the rules, humans have to eliminate the "minority races" after having eliminated the mafia. So for all intents and purpose, they are indeed evil from the human point of view.
Here's how the town monster will play according to the rules. First they have to convince the mafia monster to drop their mafia partner in order to achieve a monster domination victory, but at the very end, they'll have to betray the mafia monster in order to prevent a scum victory. (Though I guess it doesn't really matter since the scum monster will have still achieved monster domination victory... He'll be dead, but victorious.)

So basically, in this game both mafia and monster players will back-stab their partners at the first opportunity. If each monster can bite, and each bite is lethal, and there are four monsters, well... The first opportunity is going to be the very first night because of how quickly people will die.

If a mafia monster can convince his partner to bite a player who is not his monster partner, while he himself targets the other mafia monster, they will essentially have won in a single night. Honestly, the only good reply for this type of betrayal is to inform your town monster partner of who your mafia monster partner is, for retaliation.

In all this, I'm looking at the injury rule, which makes it seem like maybe there won't be that many kills per night, even perhaps none, but with the monsters having one shot kills, we see the injuries rule for what it really is: a way for humans to not kill other humans at night.

If we can lynch a monster on day 1, we will have broken the balance between the mafia players and they will be that much more likely to target each other. (After all, what better way to gain the trust of his mafia/monster partner, then to assassinate his other partner?)

Honestly, the whole glitter on furry thing was never going to work so I'm expecting a bloodbath. What's certain is that for humans, all non humans are evil.

As for my lynch, I just asked the RNGOD for guidance.
Airnike wrote:Leak and die. This is self-explanatory. If you leak information that is supposed to be secret, you die.
Actually, I don't get this rule.
Mysteriouslad's roleclaim is considered a leak now?
We are all capable of inventing a role. Take Narts, I'm sure he'll roleclaim Barmaid or Cabaret Dancer or something. He's probably human too.
The "minority races are not evil" is only true from an entirely neutral point of view which I was playing to. Otherwise this is merely joking banter.

Also, scum monsters can win only by themselves or with the other scum. Since only the scum win condition is an actual game ender, any inhuman race's win condition does not end the game.

Also, night actions are more complicated than a single instant kill. Not everyone actually attempts to headchomp their target.

Injuries are there to slow down kills, sure. But as explained before, not every monster has a one-hit-kill action, even if killing blows are more common than in other mafia games.

A night one bloodbath is probably going to ensue.
Narts wrote:Can I be mafia stump? That is the best role.
No.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:49 am

roguemafia returns wrote:Q7 is a Vampire.

Someone is about to get eliminated for this leak.

pkdragon has been smited by the mighty smiter.
He was the Mauler. (Race: Werewolf, Alignment: Scum)
Last edited by Airnike on Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

roguemafia returns

Post by roguemafia returns » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:51 am

You can't stop the legs, no matter how much you try.

Legs are love. Legs are life.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:53 am

roguemafia returns wrote:Q7 is a Vampire.

confirmed

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:54 am

wtf mate i didn't leak anything

stop jumping to conclusions

i'm a werewolf i don't know anything about vampires
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:55 am

mass claiming happening on the irc right now

Narts

Post by Narts » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:57 am

Fake. I know for a fact the other vampire is so not Qbert.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:57 am

Please, guys, play the game as it was intended to.

Also, pkdragon, you are scum, and you have a vampire friend there, who could easily have leaked the list of vampires to you. And I know how that guest message stuff works. Next time, I hope you'll play the game instead of trying to break it.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:02 am

But Airnike!
If Pkdragon's vampire friend leaked the list of vampire to Pkdragon, shouldn't that vampire friend also be smited?
:O
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:02 am

i was merely seeking to validate his truthfulness

can't blindly trust anyone these days

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:03 am

mod reaction validates claim

lynch Q7

the real roguemafia

Post by the real roguemafia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:04 am

Jokes on you, I wasn't Pkdragon. :p

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:04 am

Kireato wrote:But Airnike!
If Pkdragon's vampire friend leaked the list of vampire to Pkdragon, shouldn't that vampire friend also be smited?
:O
No. You can't be smited for communicating with your scumpartner.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

roguemafia returns

Post by roguemafia returns » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:07 am

Dragonite is the other vampire.

I would like 1 leg please.

Narts

Post by Narts » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:09 am

One serving of leg coming up ;o

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:12 am

roguemafia returns wrote:Dragonite is the other vampire.

I would like 1 leg please.
HPD has been smited for leak.
He was the Infuser, a vampire townie. Each night, he could give blood to a person, which would make the target immune to kills and turn all subsequent kills into injuries, but kill them if they were not killed that night.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.