DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2: MAFIA VICTORY/TOWN CONCEDES

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

User avatar
Satel

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Satel » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:46 am

Much stuff did happen at night, and yeah, tough stuff indeed.

I indeed visited HPD. And here's the kicker, I know it: I look even guiltier than I looked before the night, which actually says a lot.

HPD's inspection result has been jammed. Apparently I am both innocent and guilty, but it obviously means that people are messing around with my alignment. Usually the role that does that is the Framer, as something like the Clearer is much less common, because of redundancy with the Godfather.

Dragonite has been killed. He's our doctor, and obviously his death is the result of being one of the few who didn't claim, and it was obvious he was going to die, and that it wasn't his fault at all. For what it's worth, the Lad pushed the mass claiming, and I hold him responsible for this very important death.

A lot of stuff happened to pk, but here's the thing: it also happened to me. Can't explain why, but I'm tired and not willing to make the effort to look into it yet, because it's confusing and meta'ing gives me headaches, and I need to rest right now.

My brother's jumping at me again for reasons that just look like he's trying to find any excuse for it, making me think he might be on the mafia team. I mean, insinuating that HPD is mafia? With the amounts of people who targeted him, including the dude who apparently likes to see blood and suffering, yeah it's not too likely that he's mafia. Dude, learn to read!

pk's stuff is likely wrong, not because he's mafia, but because he's not playing very intelligent. See, I am pretty sure someone fakeclaimed, and with the stuff I've seen, I think two people fakeclaimed, with one of them being the torturer guy.

So, the way I see things right now, HPD is town and the Cop; I suspect my brother of being the maniac (with the required fakeclaim); I'm pretty sure Lad's mafia (but honestly, how many would follow me on this one? >_>); pk may have fakeclaimed; Kir is really town (the only doubt requires that he knows the effects of his potions already and lied about that); and honestly for the rest I'm not too sure. Twelve Boats is usually town and useless, but this time she's remotely useful... and we haven't heard enough of Q7 because life. So, yeah...
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:29 am

MysteriousLad wrote:Hmm, however HPD is pretty much conf town and was when he claimed. Or do you disagree with this?
Can we lynch Twelve Boats? She seems like the most likely scum for multiple reasons, we need as little risk as possible.
Indeed, she seems like the safest to lynch. My only fear is that lynching the right mafia between Airnike and Satel will get harder and harder with each day we delay, due to people dying. It's like in minesweeper, when you have two blocks that it's impossible to figure out 100%, yeah you could work on the rest of the puzzle, but that'll just waste time, might as well take the leap of faith early. Granted, if we learn more information later to clear them it could no longer become a minesweeper situation, but so far, the more information we learn, the more confusing stuff gets. Especially as the mafia members try to obscure the truth.
Satel wrote:A lot of stuff happened to pk, but here's the thing: it also happened to me. Can't explain why, but I'm tired and not willing to make the effort to look into it yet, because it's confusing and meta'ing gives me headaches, and I need to rest right now.
That's kind of interesting actually. I was wondering what would happen if both re-directors redirected the same things. Seems we doubled the night actions, assuming of course that you're telling the truth.
pk's stuff is likely wrong, not because he's mafia, but because he's not playing very intelligent. See, I am pretty sure someone fakeclaimed, and with the stuff I've seen, I think two people fakeclaimed, with one of them being the torturer guy.
I know people fake claimed. But the four people I suggested being clear (including myself), all have proof behind them that they're legit beyond their claim. Me and Q7 have been cleared by the Lad and we both have things in our abilities that make us being mafia unlikely. HPD, yeah, I don't need to explain it again. That leaves Mysterious Lad and he's really the key figure here, but I honestly feel he's legit. No offense to Mysterious Lad, but I don't think he has the subtlety to make the sheer amount of posts he has made in this topic without slipping up, and the thing is they've all been internally consistent. I mean, not consistent in the sense that his logic at times is really bad, but HEY I can't exactly say I'm any better. But they've been consistent as in "this is stuff a town would do and say", so if he's mafia, damn I don't even care he deserves his victory.

(EDIT: An example. ML mistakes Draggy for being, well, alive. Mafia would have KNOWN they killed him. Could that have been faked? Sure. Ingenious if it was. we should officially rename him MagnificentLad if he is mafia at this point. )

Oh, and as for the "airnike and tb can't both be mafia", they can, they both targeted each other but neither lynches gained much ground, i wouldn't consider that significant. same thing happened day 1 in lad's mafia game with airnike and hawke, granted that time they had a reason for doing so- star charging. but my point is, not unheard of for the mafia to fling meaningless votes at each other.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Satel

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Satel » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:44 am

Pkdragon wrote:Oh, and as for the "airnike and tb can't both be mafia", they can, they both targeted each other but neither lynches gained much ground, i wouldn't consider that significant. same thing happened day 1 in lad's mafia game with airnike and hawke, granted that time they had a reason for doing so- star charging. but my point is, not unheard of for the mafia to fling meaningless votes at each other.
The fact is, we can't really pressure one of them without the risk of the mafia quickhammering at the simplest mistake.

I don't think I need to tell it but I will: we have 3 mafiosi out of 7 players. The wrong lynch and it's an instant mafia victory.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

User avatar
Airnike
Rank: doing absolutely nothing
Contact:

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Airnike » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 am

  1. Okay, so:
  2. Satel targeted HPD
  3. pk targeted HPD Satel
  4. I targeted HPD Satel
  5. the Lad targeted Satel
What the hell? Only kir, Twelve Boats (maybe? the fact that we know absolutely nothing about her might make her the target of anything we can't slap onto someone yet) and Draggy (maybe not even) had the sense to not end up in Bro's home, damnit.
  • Also, pk, you need to explain me how some of these are confirmed.
  • The Lad is "confirmed" by behaviour because he's as subtle as a :osblackbomb: .
  • QQQQQQQ7777777 has been claimed by the Lad, meaning their claims are bound.
  • pk too, apparently.
  • HPD, well, I really need an explanation. If he's right, though, this means Twelve Boats is likely to be the one messing with him, look my above note about how we don't know her role and HPD has been jammed. That just clicks!
Also, I hold meaning when I attempt to lynch Twelve Boats. As in "I really hate her" and I'm not making a secret of that.

Also, my new "scumteam" is: Satel, Twelve Boats, ???.
  • Suspicions:
  • pk: To me it's very ambiguous but really..?
  • the Lad: While he's been acting in the interest of the town, it's because he's never been scum. Plus role-claiming miller might be hiding a mafia role. However the utility of this role is so town that it's extremely far-fetched to say he's Mafia.
  • HPD: My current analysis pushes him as town.
  • QQQQQQQ77777777: He's as town as his role gets.
  • Kireato: Suddenly more suspicious by proxy. The potion on me would be something of a gambit to frame me as I am lynch-happy and easy to "frame", making it an attempt from Kir to frame me without being a framer, assuming he knows his shiz and lied about it. Which would be extremely clever from him.
Last edited by Airnike on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:53 am

Airnike let me explain the conf-towns, a heck of a lot of it is built of trusting I'm town but here it is:
QQQQQQQ7777777: Very town role. Copped
Pkdragon: Town role. Copped
HPD: I'm a miller meaning there's a cop, he's claimed cop so unless TB is an idiot and is the cop HPD's pretty much conf-town. (Or Hawke, once again, is a jerk.)
I've missed some I believe, but Satel is probaly town as he also got injured.

Wait, everyones claimed. Only TB. Satel got injured so he can't be the injurer.
Kireato's role is true, Airnike is proof.
Therefore Twelve Boats must be the injurerer (Better have a better name than that).

If not already: Lynch: Twelve Boats
We seem to agree on this lynch, pk you should protect me and satel should protect HPD tonight. Then Airnike should track whoever and send the result to me, I'll track Satel to keep an eye on him.
HPD will then cop Airnike or Satel. We should have the 2nd mafia by tommorow.
Lets lynch TB.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
Twelve Boats
Rank: a rad lady

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Twelve Boats » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:57 am

you guys talking about a lot of "musts" when you have no idea what roles there are. lol
the dream

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:58 am

Pkdragon, do you support this lynch?
If we see someone however lurk around and suddenly change the read on TB we'll unvote.
Claim them, make up some fancy role for us to talk "trash" about TB.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:05 am

You know what, I think I can agree with this. Honestly I'd rather pop the zit that is Airnike/Satel, but at this point it'll just be guessing.

Also, we still don't know there isn't a framer or godfather or something, just because we know everyone's roles (except TB) doesn't mean they aren't out there but haven't been revealed yet (because mafia roles, ofc). Meaning as the pool of players gets smaller, we will need to take investigation results with a grain of salt. With that in mind I don't think we'll ever know 100% who of the two is mafia and i think in the end we're likely to have to guess at some point, BUT with luck twelve boat's death will make things clearer.

in any case, lynch twelve boats.

And if this is a mis-lynch for some reason, then we are so far down the wrong track in our analysis that it's better to end the game now than draw it out.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Twelve Boats
Rank: a rad lady

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Twelve Boats » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:07 am

have fun losing, town
the dream

User avatar
Kireato

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Kireato » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:10 am

Geez, you won't leave me any time to think this through.

I'll point out that I think it's significant that Airnike's vote hasn't been bandwagoned.
If both Airnike and Satel are town, then mafia could have won.
If Airnike is mafia, and Satel is town, then mafia need the help of one town.
If Airnike is town, and Satel is mafia, well that could explain why they've ignored this.
Image
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:20 am

Kireato that's why we're giving them another night to figure out. If satel's scum of cause he wouldn't be wagoned, however if airnike is scum they don't have enough votes to lynch. Wagoning would be suicide.
Lynch Twelve Boats with us kireato, you've basically reached the same conclusions as us.
HPD needs to get us another result.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:23 am

Twelve Boats wrote:you guys talking about a lot of "musts" when you have no idea what roles there are. lol
Let me break this down for you, TB.

We know that there's a cop, and HPD claimed cop and no one else shot him down.
We know that Q7 is hider, because ML checked it.
We know that I am a hobo, because ML checked it.
We know ML is a ability checker because well, he's not subtle enough to be lying in all of the many, many posts he's made.

That's 4 roles we know. That's good enough for me, considering that's half the people.

We don't know Kir's role for sure.
We know Airnike has a tracking component to his role.
We don't know Satel's role for sure.
We don't know your role at all.

But we know 3/4 of this group are mafia, because the first 4 people aren't mafia.

There's very little faith or guessing here. The only leap of faith is that ML is telling the truth, but that's a leap of faith I'm willing to make. Everything else follows from that, without having to make any assumptions about "roles" or "psychology" or anything that could muddy it up.

Now there's a whole layer of psychology and role guessing and stuff on top of this very basic line of reasoning, with airnike's recent arguments and whatever the hell happened to satel last night, and that's where the waters get muddy. Can't avoid that, that's mafia. Eventually today, we're going to have to make a lynch based on incomplete information, that's just how the game works. But we do know more than in most games, this time around.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Kireato

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Kireato » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:25 am

(You know, I really dislike the whole mafia bandwagon for the win. A simple way to avoid it would be to discard the rule of ending the day early when a majority is reached. Then the mafia actually have to work to convince the town that their bandwagon is a good move.)

@Mysteriouslad

No, I haven't reached the same conclusion as you yet Mysteriouslad. I'm considering what it would mean if one or more of you was lying.
Image
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

User avatar
QQQQQQQ7777777
Rank: Little Scuzzy Bumpkin

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:17 am

Lynch Twelve Boats

It's not like TB contributes anything in the first place. You've done nothing but complain all game, yet you hardly do anything to help besides insult us.
BUY GOLD

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:23 am

QQQQQQQ7777777 wrote:Lynch Twelve Boats

It's not like TB contributes anything in the first place. You've done nothing but complain all game, yet you hardly do anything to help besides insult us.
I would vote you for this if you weren't fudge confirmed town, this would then be a horrible vote.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:25 am

The fact nearly everyone's been online without a flash lynch makes me believe we've hit gold!
The scum aren't flash wagoning, TB is mafia.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:27 am

Kireato, Twelve Boats is being lynched. Join us.
Lets ride to victory, (Unless you're scum, don't want to wagon your buddy do we?)
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
QQQQQQQ7777777
Rank: Little Scuzzy Bumpkin

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:29 am

MysteriousLad wrote:
QQQQQQQ7777777 wrote:Lynch Twelve Boats

It's not like TB contributes anything in the first place. You've done nothing but complain all game, yet you hardly do anything to help besides insult us.
I would vote you for this if you weren't fudge confirmed town, this would then be a horrible vote.
Ugh... I could care less. I feel like I'm about to pass out. I've had enough of today. I've had enough of the past several days.
Last edited by QQQQQQQ7777777 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
BUY GOLD

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:31 am

I'm sorry to hear that :(
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
QQQQQQQ7777777
Rank: Little Scuzzy Bumpkin

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:36 am

Sorry, I've been very rude. I apologize to Twelve Boats and MysteriousLad. I'm having trouble thinking straight today...
BUY GOLD

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:37 am

QQQQQQQ7777777 wrote:Sorry, I've been very rude. I apologize to Twelve Boats and MysteriousLad. I'm having trouble thinking straight today...
What's wrong?
Has something else happened?
May be better to talk in another forum or via PM.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
hawkesnightmare
Rank: Mister Lister The Sister Fister
Location: A Bank Vault

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:40 am

Vote count wrote:Pkdragon: 0:
MysteriousLad: 1: Twelve Boats
Satel: 2: Airnike, Airnike
HPD: 0:
Airnike+1: 0:
QQQQQQQ7777777: 0:
Twelve Boats: 3: MysteriousLad, Pkdragon, Q7
Kireato: 0:
No Lynch: 0:

Not Voting: Satel, Kireato, HPD

With eight players alive, it takes five to lynch.

Day 2 will end in 71 hours, 50 mins
Last edited by hawkesnightmare on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

User avatar
Kireato

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Kireato » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:43 am

So right now, it's Mysteriouslad and the two players he's checked who are on this lynch. They're clearly not all mafia, or they could have ended Satel.

hawkesnightmare,
I'm one of those not voting. You've got Pkdragon there as a duplicate.
Image
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

User avatar
hawkesnightmare
Rank: Mister Lister The Sister Fister
Location: A Bank Vault

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:47 am

Yup. Accidentally deleted your name instead of Pk's.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:49 am

Kireato, Satel's probaly town and Airnike's scum. We can lynch Airnike if we want instead, Satel hasn't been flash wagoned and neither has twelve boats. Satel would be becauses airnike's scum with TB.
Hence there's no sudden flash wagon even thiugh nearly everyone's been online. Join us, I'm 100% sure she's scum. It's either TB or Satel being lynched, Airnike/Satel is more of a gamble than TB. Hence we lynch him mafia now and let HPD help us with his abilities tonight.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Mentat
Location: The Mountain
Contact:

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by HPD » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:05 am

I'm still adamantly against lynching Deoxy because she's Deoxy and you just don't do that.

Moreover, the way you guys (ML and Pk) are trying to push this lynch through is troubling and only makes me believe that the two of you are mafia and basically trying to misdirect the entire town by just basically being loud enough to drown all the others. I have a feeling that you're not telling me everything. ML's role could easily be a mafia role he sells as town, and calls it miller so that he insures himself right off the bat. Pk can just not be telling everything that there is to know about his role, perhaps roleblocking his target??

Not gonna lynch yet, but I really would like to see a change in tone of the discussion. I can only support Deoxy's point here that there are far too many assumptions or unverifiable claims here presented as fact, with basically an order to lynch Deoxy just because you 'deduced' she's mafia.

I need more time to think.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:23 am

There's 1 assumption that I'm making, that ML is innocent. I believe that because everything he's done has been pro-town in intention, and I don't see him capable of making as many posts as he has made without messing up somewhere if he was lying. Everything else is built on that assumption but I think it's a pretty logical assumption.

What's frustrating is, at some point you have to lynch with incomplete data. We were ready to lynch Satel with much less info than we have right now. It's not a perfectly solid foundation, but it's pretty good... but as soon as a decent, logical argument is made that relies more on numbers and groupings than "I THINK HE'S SUSPICIOUS", everyone suddenly turns wishy washy. It's like lynches are doomed if they aren't charged with emotion. I see this as being a very remarkably straightforward situation at this point, one that is easy for the town to win.

I'm not 100% committed to the Deoxy lynch like ML is... but it IS pretty telling that the lynch hasn't been bandwagoned yet. Unless me, ML, and Q7 are the mafia. I mean, I guess that's possible, if you make the assumption that MysteriousLad is a master of deception. I don't think he is. As for the specifics of why deoxy in particular, again, it just comes down to numbers. Satel and Airnike are unlikely to be on the same side (it's possible, but it would be weird). If that's true, that means the sole remaining civ is one of those two, and Kir and TB have to be mafia. Now, I'd be just as happy with lynching Kireato, or lynching Satel or Airnike if you can give me a good argument why one of them (or both) have to be mafia. But at the moment, Deoxy is the easiest.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
hawkesnightmare
Rank: Mister Lister The Sister Fister
Location: A Bank Vault

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:11 pm

As you all know, I sent a PM out asking if they would be okay with changing the rules so that reaching a vote majority doesn't end the day phase. I have received five replies out of the eight players left. Two for it, two against, and one abstension. Unless someone who hasn't replied yet wants to, I'll leave the game as it is.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

User avatar
Kireato

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Kireato » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm glad this is still going, as I think we still need some time, and I certainly do not share Mysteriouslad's assumptions.

Take the Hobo. I think it is quite an interesting role.

If the Hobo is town, then the Hobo can indeed take a hit for another player. That can be useful when trying to protect a more important player; however, at the end of a night, the mafia have still killed someone so it is a role that is useful only if he knows of a more important player to protect and THAT is not always that easy to pull.

Now what if our Hobo was mafia? Why then, if he traveled to another player's house and the Cop just happened to want to check the role of the player in that house. Instead of the player, he would see this mafia Hobo. Wouldn't our Cop assume that the player is mafia? Suddenly our Hobo is in fact a framer...

Honestly though, I don't know the inner workings of the interactions in this game. I don't know what to make of HPD's night action result. Is it because he ended up seeing two players in a single house? But considering all the tracking that occurred in Satel's house, would that mean that trackers are not seen as part of a house like the Hobo? If we consider the Partyer's role, then I would say that the Partyer DOES in fact enter another's house.

Did hawkesnightmare give up on what to tell HPD because there were 4 players in a single house?

Did what happen was that Satel, thanks to his redirection, was framed by the Hobo, thus appearing as a single mafia player, while the Partyer was ALSO redirected to that house and thus seen as an extra town player? That would explain how three people were seen as two, but what of Mysteriouslad's tracking? Was it only a lie?

Honestly, I find Mysteriouslad's tracking to be quite odd. His abilities are quite odd. I'm not sure I believe that hawkesnightmare would add a role that would appear as mafia to the Cop, while in fact being town. Considering that, due to the high number of mafia players, we really only have a single night, makes it really tough on the town. (Then again, I did ask you all to have a fresher perspective on what the Hobo might be, and one that implies some shenanigans that could confuse town, but at least that's ONLY if the Cop happens to be inspecting the player that the Hobo would be framing, and that's less than the chance of stumbling on a player who straight up appears as mafia...)

All that said, Mysteriouslad has been acting as in every other game. He has whimsically changed lynch votes while accusing almost everyone. I am finding it hard to just call him a liar.

I do at least think the current voting configuration is interesting. There's plenty to derive from it.

It's hard to tell about Twelve Boats. If we had an extra day, I would go for it to remove the uncertainty. As it is, I'm not going to jump on it until I've properly assessed the rest of what's been said. That could take some time. There's plenty to think about.
Image
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

User avatar
HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Mentat
Location: The Mountain
Contact:

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by HPD » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Kireato, Hawke tells me in PM that I did not interpret his inspection result correctly due to poorly written flavour. Apparently the inspection straight up failed instead of giving me more than one alignment. Not that it really helps things, but there is some kind of roleblocker or Satel or whoever the inspection redirected to can't be inspected at all.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:08 pm

HPD wrote:Kireato, Hawke tells me in PM that I did not interpret his inspection result correctly due to poorly written flavour. Apparently the inspection straight up failed instead of giving me more than one alignment. Not that it really helps things, but there is some kind of roleblocker or Satel or whoever the inspection redirected to can't be inspected at all.
I hope they don't have a roleblocker, otherwise our doctors have a problem.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:08 pm

This afternoon I'm going away for a week and I may not have wifi, if we have night 3 tonight I'll submit an action however you may have to replace me with linkman or someone.
Can we end today today?
Airnike, come proove you're not scum: You've said you would join a TB wagon however you've now chickened out. I think you were distancing however now it's really happening your trying to avoid it.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Mentat
Location: The Mountain
Contact:

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by HPD » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:33 pm

I don't think that the mafia would really mind to lynch Deoxy if she were mafia. Rather, they'd jump at the chance to hide in the bandwagon, since Deoxy is a very uncertain factor to them anyway. I think his hesitation might even work to his defence.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

User avatar
hawkesnightmare
Rank: Mister Lister The Sister Fister
Location: A Bank Vault

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Vote count wrote: No votes have changed since the last votecount.

Pkdragon: 0:
MysteriousLad: 1: Twelve Boats
Satel: 2: Airnike, Airnike
HPD: 0:
Airnike+1: 0:
QQQQQQQ7777777: 0:
Twelve Boats: 3: MysteriousLad, Pkdragon, Q7
Kireato: 0:
No Lynch: 0:

Not Voting: Satel, Kireato, HPD

With eight players alive, it takes five to lynch.

Day 2 will end in 60 hours
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: very chuuni

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:33 pm

HPD wrote:I don't think that the mafia would really mind to lynch Deoxy if she were mafia. Rather, they'd jump at the chance to hide in the bandwagon, since Deoxy is a very uncertain factor to them anyway. I think his hesitation might even work to his defence.
Why do I get the feeling that this line of reasoning means that even if we get Deoxy and she turns out to be mafia, we'll still have to drag you kicking and screaming to victory? >_>

I'm getting kinda bored now. I've figured out the solution- maybe not the exact solution, but I more or less think I understand what's going on here. Bored hobos are hobos that seek another town, if you catch my drift. So yeah, hopefully you guys can end the day soon (for ML's sake at least!), or at least do something to make it interesting~

Hopefully I'll be more feeling more benevolent tomorrow, but tonight I just feel like I've said and done all I can really do, any more would just be overkill. At some point I just have to trust the remaining town will make the right choice. Also I REALLY need to stop making these 2 AM posts. Good night, etc.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:54 pm

Hawke, why's the deadline so long?
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by Dragonite » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:56 pm

If you're leaving ML, it may be better to just let the whole thing pause. Replacements don't work well most of the time.

User avatar
HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Mentat
Location: The Mountain
Contact:

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by HPD » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Pkdragon wrote:
HPD wrote:I don't think that the mafia would really mind to lynch Deoxy if she were mafia. Rather, they'd jump at the chance to hide in the bandwagon, since Deoxy is a very uncertain factor to them anyway. I think his hesitation might even work to his defence.
Why do I get the feeling that this line of reasoning means that even if we get Deoxy and she turns out to be mafia, we'll still have to drag you kicking and screaming to victory? >_>

I'm getting kinda bored now. I've figured out the solution- maybe not the exact solution, but I more or less think I understand what's going on here. Bored hobos are hobos that seek another town, if you catch my drift. So yeah, hopefully you guys can end the day soon (for ML's sake at least!), or at least do something to make it interesting~

Hopefully I'll be more feeling more benevolent tomorrow, but tonight I just feel like I've said and done all I can really do, any more would just be overkill. At some point I just have to trust the remaining town will make the right choice. Also I REALLY need to stop making these 2 AM posts. Good night, etc.
I'm just not too pleased with the way the whole Deoxy lynch is being set up. It feels like you're presenting it like there's no possible way that she's anything other than a mafia, while I'm not too sure about it. At all. And the more you try to press me into lynching her, the more hesitant I become to do so.

Let me present Kireato with the alternative option and see what happens:

lynch Satel

good luck, Kir
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:45 pm

HPD, we've already said we're lynching Satel/Airnike tommorow. Honestly, it is almost certain Twelve Boats is a mafia Injurer. I would bet money on her being scum, that's how certain I am. We've got a tonne of confirmed people and some semi-confirmed with a mafia or two hiding amongst them. Hence we're lynching Twelve Boats as she is the safest route to go.
Satel and Airnike, one of them is probaly scum however we don't know which. Hence it's riskier to vote Satel or Airnike then it is to vote Twelve Boats. It's not Twelve Boats being 100% scum (I may had said that before in excitement of actually solving the game) it's odds, and the odds are higher of TB being mafia then the French Devils.

You claim to be a Cop, I believe this due to my role, so if you visit Satel again or Airnike (Choose randomly as to mess with any possible framers or stuff) then we'll have a lot more information on them by tommorow. We can then safely lynch one of the two as once again I'm certain there's mafia between them.

I'm starting to think Hawke might have been a jerk though, everyone has been online and no sudden flash lynch has happened to Twelve Boats. It hasn't happened to satel however that can be explained by Airnike being scum, or satel being scum, we don't know it's too riskier to vote them than TB. Twelve Boats however, isn't interlocked with anyone due to her avoidant play, if she was town the mafia would have flash wagoned her, they've all been online. However she hasn't been, there's even resitance to the wagon which tells me this wagon is actually on mafia.

That's the case, take it or leave it.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

User avatar
MysteriousLad
Rank: Mysterious President
Location: In your computer.

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:46 pm

I swear it looked smaller in the edit box, Airnike vote TB with us. HPD may be mafia trying to save a partner, Twelve Boats death will proove this.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest