DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2: MAFIA VICTORY/TOWN CONCEDES

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

MysteriousLad

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:49 pm

I formulated rather terribly, I've got suspicion's there's no cop and HPD's lying. We've already got 2 invesigation roles.
Airnike vote TB and proove you're town, if you vote her then when she flips mafia we'll know Satel's scum tommorow. I'll be able to role-cop him as well to confirm.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:49 pm

MysteriousLad wrote:Airnike, come proove you're not scum: You've said you would join a TB wagon however you've now chickened out. I think you were distancing however now it's really happening your trying to avoid it.
I didn't chicken out, I'm simply inactive.
lynch Twelve Boats

I'm sure a potential scumteam is Satel, HPD, Twelve Boats.
HPD's vehemence in saying "you don't lynch Deoxy" could simply be a gimmick exploited for free.
Last edited by Airnike on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:49 pm

That's a lynch, now we wait for hawke to tell us the good news.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:51 pm

MysteriousLad wrote:That's a lynch, now we wait for hawke to tell us the good news.
Apparently day doesn't end by majority now or something?
Meh, we're majority on Twelve Boats anyway.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:53 pm

Airnike wrote:
MysteriousLad wrote:That's a lynch, now we wait for hawke to tell us the good news.
Apparently day doesn't end by majority now or something?
Meh, we're majority on Twelve Boats anyway.
Hakwe hasn't confirmed that, he said it's still being decided. However we've lynched now so it would be odd to change the rules now.
Rules wrote:3. If every player has submitted a lynch vote during the day phase, the day will end the next time I get online. If I am online at the time of the final vote being submitted, I will wait two hours to end the day phase.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:56 pm

The quicker we're done with Twelve Boats, the better.
I'm sure the information from her death will tell us a lot.

Also, I'm targeting HPD again tonight.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:04 pm

Pldragon should protect HPD, Satel should protect me.
HPD knows what he needs to do.

Wait, wait, wait.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:51 pm

so not victory dance from the mafia yet? :O
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:52 pm

Kireato wrote:so not victory dance from the mafia yet? :O
My thoughts exactly, I'm going to win this game.

Wait, wait, wait.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:55 pm

You should avoid telling your plans here.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:24 pm

ML, if my inspections got blocked once, and there's no one to prevent roleblocking, I'm just going to be roleblocked again tonight. There's really no point in putting faith in my inspections. Plus, if there's a miller, what reason do you have to assume there wouldn't be a godfather role in play as well?

With so many unknowns in the whole setup, you can't rely on succesful inspections.

If Deoxy turns out to be mafia, that does not mean that I am mafia trying to protect a partner. Like I said, it would be a much better option to hide in the bandwagon than just making myself suspicious by doubting the reasoning behind the lynch.

But in reality I'm just opposed to your continuous pressuring of people to make them do whatever you want them to do. The harder you keep pressing me and others, the less inclined I will be to cooperate.

e: or even better, I might just get night-killed instead of blocked
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:45 pm

I've got 5 more hours until I leave, hawke don't leave me in tension for a week.

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:58 pm

HPD wrote:ML, if my inspections got blocked once, and there's no one to prevent roleblocking, I'm just going to be roleblocked again tonight. There's really no point in putting faith in my inspections. Plus, if there's a miller, what reason do you have to assume there wouldn't be a godfather role in play as well?

With so many unknowns in the whole setup, you can't rely on succesful inspections.

If Deoxy turns out to be mafia, that does not mean that I am mafia trying to protect a partner. Like I said, it would be a much better option to hide in the bandwagon than just making myself suspicious by doubting the reasoning behind the lynch.

But in reality I'm just opposed to your continuous pressuring of people to make them do whatever you want them to do. The harder you keep pressing me and others, the less inclined I will be to cooperate.

e: or even better, I might just get night-killed instead of blocked
~Note to self: Use reverse-psychology on HPD~

Wait, wait, wait.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:59 pm

Hawke is from the USA, so I don't except him for another 3 hours or so.
Last edited by Dragonite on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:36 am

I'm probably not going to be here in 3 hours, so here's my leave post.
Twelve Boats isn't mafia, she's a town redirector. Kireato's a town alchemist, pkdragon's a town hobo, Airnike's a town partyer and HPD's the town cop. I'm the tailor, I make suits for people, the people with my suits are so serious that they then can't be inspected. Thank you HPD for following my instructions Day 1, you were hindered because of me.
Satel's the mafia torturer, he injures people meaning that if someone else visits his target his target dies. Dragonite healed pkdragon yesterday who took the bullet for HPD, lucky bastard.
QQQQQQQ7777777's the Godfather, he can't be night-killed (Redirector) and he shows up as innocent.
It was a pleasure to play with you all and I don't regret manipulating any of you. HPD was probably the best player in the town, he nailed quite a few early on. I'm surprised we managed to keep Satel alive for so long as well, thanks Airnike for killing Twelve Boats with your double vote.
The mafia have won, the doctors dead and we've got our night-kill. I was hoping to play town and reveal on Twelve Boats' death however I'm short of time.

Bam, I love being mafia.

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:38 am

I enjoyed this game, it's a shame the first time people trust me I have to be mafia :(
I'll let Hawke post the QuickTopics.

Wait, wait, wait.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:59 am

You do realize the game is not over, right?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:03 am

See, this is exactly what I was afraid of.

Why were Deoxy and I the only sane townies here who didn't trust ML's claims? He was just too eager for his own good.

At least I can leave with my head held high.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:04 am

I also distrusted him, but well, I was dead.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:07 am

Dragonite wrote:I also distrusted him, but well, I was dead.
Yeah, I would've tried to confirm you as town if I had more time, since you seemed trustworthy enough this time.

Kireato was a given as town. Airnike/Satel was already pretty much confirmed to not have the same alignment. Airnike was definitely looking more innocent than Satel.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:08 am

Isn't this game blown? I mean... Ah well, screw that noise. I bow down, the Lad deserves the victory, over me at least. He used me like a tool.

I only distrusted him briefly and someone else was more suspicious at that key moment imo.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:09 am

Still fact remains that the town was massively underpowered without initial knowledge of the roles and abilities in play, the high mafia ratio and mafia power roles including Godfather and a cop blocker. I really didn't have much of a chance of getting fair results.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:09 am

HPD wrote:Still fact remains that the town was massively underpowered without initial knowledge of the roles and abilities in play, the high mafia ratio and mafia power roles including Godfather and a cop blocker. I really didn't have much of a chance of getting fair results.
Approved.
I wonder why I trusted the Lad so thoroughly...

Ah well, next time I'll try to play the game by myself. With no collabo BS.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:11 am

Also you can thank Pk for keeping Satel alive against my better judgment.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:12 am

What the hell, Lad.

What. The. Hell.

But it worked out. Now by pk's word, the Lad needs to rename himself MagnificentLad. Not that I agree on him being so magnificent, there were just way too many sheep and noone who actively distrusted him so much as to vote for him. He did win it by himself, really.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:12 am

HPD wrote:Also you can thank Pk for keeping Satel alive against my better judgment.
I f**king knew I was right in attempting to lynch him.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:13 am

Also, HPD, it was not 'better judgment', I'm afraid. The fake cop roleclaim WAS a joke for real, and I've been honest through the whole topic, except regarding my role.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:15 am

Satel wrote:What the hell, Lad.

What. The. Hell.

But it worked out. Now by pk's word, the Lad needs to rename himself MagnificentLad. Not that I agree on him being so magnificent, there were just way too many sheep and noone who actively distrusted him so much as to vote for him. He did win it by himself, really.
Honestly, I didn't even dare raise a vote against ML, since he had such a following. I considered it, but it would've been suicide to try it since town would just straight up turn against me. The only way to bring him down was to disprove his claims, and I needed to generate a different lynch for that first. But there was no time to get anything done in that respect. Even the Satel lynch would've gained me little.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:17 am

Satel wrote:Also, HPD, it was not 'better judgment', I'm afraid. The fake cop roleclaim WAS a joke for real, and I've been honest through the whole topic, except regarding my role.
Your actions still raised suspicion, Satel. It wasn't solely the fake claim, though that was what triggered me.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:20 am

It really came to me as he led just about everyone by the nose.

Heck for one I was one of the people who distrusted him more.

Also, I tried random stuff in my arguments to see how it worked. It mostly failed as far as I'm concerned, but I am satisfied at the results.

Wait am I doing social experiments? I'm getting closer and closer to being Caulder.

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:23 am

I think "just about everyone" is an exaggeration, since dragonite, Deoxy and myself were pretty distrustful. However Deoxy didn't back me up and dragonite got killed. Pk and Airnike, yes, he definitely got them.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:25 am

It is, but there wasn't enough trying to challenge him is what I meant.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:35 am

HPD wrote:I think "just about everyone" is an exaggeration, since dragonite, Deoxy and myself were pretty distrustful. However Deoxy didn't back me up and dragonite got killed. Pk and Airnike, yes, he definitely got them.
Now's the time where everything I do goes wrong.
My game? Blown.
Next game? I get tooled by the person I really wanted to trust.
Well, f***.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:35 am

Next time I'll try to be more subtle.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:37 am

This game also proved one thing to me: town needs a form of communication that isn't open to the Mafia. Otherwise the WWN Mafia theorem "town always kills itself" will always apply.

The Lad's mass roleclaim is also useable as a Mafia tactic too, and I will remind you of this game.

Also, MagnificentLad, it's official, I hate you ;)
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:00 am

Many other forums do fine without PM's in mafia, it's not vital.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:02 am

Because they're not WWN. Townies here are largely incompetent and paranoid.

Plus look at what happens when I'm not.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:06 am

the dead people quicktopic is mostly me raging about various topics. One thing I noted is that people tend to decide somebody is ''confirmed innocent'', and then proceed to be a mafia tool. People need to be more wary of each other.

What really powered the mafia up here(especially without PM's)is that roles were hidden. The mafia could just make up stuff on their own to cover whatever stuff they pulled in the nights. And one random thing is that ML's more questionable town habits are lethal with him in the mafia role, and he was able to sucker punch all of you, especially with his roleclaming. And somehow you let him boss you all around. I have not much else to say but ''get good''.

PK, sorry for all the quicktopic rage about you. It was just.. horrible to see ponder if ML could be mafia, and then just blantantly reject is as being a valid thought.
Last edited by Dragonite on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:07 am

Airnike wrote:Because they're not WWN. Townies here are largely incompetent and paranoid.

Plus look at what happens when I'm not.
And PM's lead to cheating and are generally anti-town.
Name one single thing that is pro town that you can't do in thread via PM's, you'll find it doesn't actually help.
Dragonite, can we have the link to the topic?
I can give the mafia one if you guys want.

Wait, wait, wait.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:14 am

Pk just horribly underestimated ML as being capable of pulling this off.