DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2: MAFIA VICTORY/TOWN CONCEDES

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Airnike

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2: MAFIA VICTORY/TOWN CONCEDES

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:04 am

This game officially made me depressive.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:09 am

I wanna see more salty draggy, at least this one seems to have emotions lol
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:09 am

Pkdragon wrote:dragonite you are a funny individual

you need to bring those delicious emotions into the real game itself.
That goes for a lot of things for me haha. Actually that's usually what my thoughts/private conversations with outsiders look like if I get worked up about a mafia game. >_>
I'm just very stoic posting because I aren't confident attempting crowd control and like in this game, just straight out lying. I just should've rolled with it, but everybody had/was claiming very invasive roles.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:44 am

oh yeah hawke, next time don't make every mafia member able to block or falsify inspections
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:53 am

I have to agree. While there was some redirection available, the torturer being able to block, and if the mafia is even slighty lucky, get a additional kill, and also having a framer who´s also able to protect mafia from being outed, and well, godfather, is.. excessive. The town has two instances of powerful roles(12B listening in on the mafia would break them instantly, and Kir figuring out one powerful potion function would have been major), but the first requires luck, and the second is very trial-and error. The mafia already had numbers on their sides, and their abilities needed little luck. Because a day 1 lynch was called off, they could easily distrupt the rest night 1 and secure chaos, and eventually a win.

However, if Satel had been killed, HPD would have his hands free to check others, and having more time would eventually result in one of the town roles working their magic. It was a entertaining game regardless, but overall the special abilities were too powerful for the scale of the game.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 1

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:18 am

HPD wrote:lynch mysteriouslad

not taking the bait
god dammit that was basically my first reply to ML when he started his schtick, page 2

page 3:
HPD wrote:ML is faking his claim and is mafia
Satel joke claims cop immediately after and suddenly I am distracted...
Twelve Boats wrote:roleclaiming is and has always been a joke. somebody lies and then everybody bases nonsense on that lie and mafia wins. the eager beavers are always mafia, too
Deoxy, if only you would've followed through with this...
HPD wrote:I don't trust Aurnike, i dont trusy ml and i don't trust satel

that is all
even drunk HPD is close to the truth

top of page 5:
HPD wrote:I have a strong feeling that the mafia are currently the ones controlling the discussion here.
...and it goes on like that...

Note to self: next time take Deoxy way more seriously.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:31 am

Deoxy's philosophy leads to nothing but confusion.

Deoxy basically says don't trust no one, and it isn't worth trying to puzzle out roles. With that philosophy, lynches are going to be nothing but shooting in the dark. I also think the philosophy of "lynch fingerpointers" is awful too, because it basically punishes people for trying to get anything done. It turned out to be correct this time around, but that was basically just luck, that the most absurd outcome turned out to be true.

Yeah, I was wrong, but Deoxy was wrong too for most of the game until she was being lynched (which gave her one hell of a clue).

I honestly regret nothing (well besides not lynching Satel when I had the chance, but I've already covered that), and if the same situation was to come up again, would do the same thing.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:39 am

I still think that she actually wanted to try this game, but because of the instant dismissal she gets thrown at her for everything she says she stops caring about it.

Maybe, you know, you should give her a chance.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:59 am

That HPD of all people is saying this means a lot.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:03 am

If she wanted to try the game maybe she shouldn't have been so mean about just about everything she said <_<

I wouldn't have been quite as quick to dismiss her (though I really do think we have 100% opposite playstyles) if she actually said more than 1 or 2 lines at a time, and if those lines hadn't been filled with insults.

her first post was lol lynch hpd, second post was good and i actually agreed with it, but by the third post... well...
Twelve Boats wrote:boy if you talk out your ass any more than you do now you might just confirm to everyone you are, in fact, a piece of crumpets
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:35 am

Pkdragon wrote:her first post was lol lynch hpd, second post was good and i actually agreed with it, but by the third post... well...
Twelve Boats wrote:boy if you talk out your ass any more than you do now you might just confirm to everyone you are, in fact, a piece of crumpets
Yeah, no wonder she has a less-than-stellar reputation if she responds like that to these exact words.

I mean, think about it a little, why is she never mafia?
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:06 am

hey look at that the thing i said was going to happen happened. ain't that funny
the dream

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:10 am

She was insulting everyone because she was immediately dismissed. She even dropped her HPD lynch schtick to go after Airnike.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:29 am

People tend to gravitate towards people they have real trust/distrust for based on past mafia games, especially early game when there has been no evidence. (so yes, I'm HPD's lapdog, deal with it.) This is natural.

The only way to get people less dismissive of you is to well, play well, and even if you lose, people note you pulled off a good town/mafia. I'm slowly clawing myself out of a ''the quiet one who's mostly there for filler'' reputation myself. It seems to be working. I guess have my own room to direct rage behind the curtains helps with that too. >_>

Deoxy has the combined factors of the lynch HPD gimmick, not being very verbose, and she was involved in Treed's trickster ways quite often. Maybe we all should try to be a bit more neutral in early game, RNGgod doesn't care who you are.

Also, walls of text make you trustworthy? I think mysteriouslad broke the record since this game only lasted 2 days. I said it in quicktopic: he's inexperienced, and often makes silly mistakes, but underestimate his intellect at your own peril. Especially since he got to be mafia this time, he's naturally observant, and well, he's able to produce a lot of text without any major slipups.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:56 am

I've noticed that those who stay fairly quiet tend to get ignored. Q7 hardly posted and no one really mentioned him except in lists. Your playstyle also lets you be ignored by the town. The only reason you died was because you were one of the few who hadn't claimed, and they had a good chance of killing the doctor because no one claimed it yet. Hell, in UPick mafia, I stayed as quiet as I could and no one took notice of me until the end.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:00 am

Doesn't have to be walls of text, but some explanation for why you feel someway makes you seem more reasonable, or even noticeable.

I tend to wall of text because my strategy has always been to explain every step of why I feel a way. I figure that way people can follow along with my thoughts and feelings and even if they don't agree, they can understand where I'm coming from. That said, I really did feel like I posted too much and too lengthy this time, and I chalk that up to pressure from the high stakes of the game, pressure from my midterm, and a general lack of sleep. In general I write waaaay too much and I try to cut back on what I say, but I still want to cover everything that's relevant.

And Hawke, what I'm saying is that Deoxy started with the insults before she had posted anything to be dismissed, hawke. The only thing of worth she posted before her third post was that "no lynch sucks" and people actually agreed with her. But then she said airnike was a piece of crumpets (not posting crumpets, a piece of crumpets) and generally started dismissing everything the town was doing, which is ok but she offered no suggestions on how to proceed, which isn't.

in other words, deoxy wasn't being dismissed until her behavior caused her to be dismissed.

And to be fair I didn't want to pressure Q7 because he clearly has been having a bad couple of days. I figured he was happier being ignored >_>

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:45 pm

treed and i sit out and suddenly mysteriouslad becomes town leader.

i am so sorry deoxy

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:34 pm

I'm always busy when actual games are going on.

When I have time to actually play the game gets ruined on day one.

I should hopefully be able to play the next game. Things are calming down here, at least a little bit.
"We are all equally real and unreal."

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:13 pm

"brevity is the soul of wit" - me, 2015. and nobody else before
the dream

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:17 pm

My boat has wifi!
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:32 pm

Twelve Boats wrote:"brevity is the soul of wit" - me, 2015. and nobody else before
Um.

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:56 pm

prove it fudge
the dream

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:18 pm

MysteriousLad wrote:My boat has wifi!
What are you exactly doing this week?

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:13 pm

Dragonite wrote:
MysteriousLad wrote:My boat has wifi!
What are you exactly doing this week?
I'm in England visiting family and having a holiday, turns out the hotel also has free wifi :D
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:47 am

don't be that guy
the dream

QQQQQQQ7777777