DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2: MAFIA VICTORY/TOWN CONCEDES

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

hawkesnightmare

DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 2: MAFIA VICTORY/TOWN CONCEDES

Postby hawkesnightmare » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:13 am

A few generations have passed since the first mafia infiltrated the small town of WWN. Residents have come and gone, people have died, people have resisted the infamous mob, and other times, the mob has wiped out the town and taken everything. But time and time again, the town has repopulated. The mafia have sunk into the shadows, always to return under a different guise. Now, the town has grown. It has branched out to other towns and cities. And because of this expansion, it needs jobs. It needs a reason to have a dot on the map. It needs to grow and thrive more. So everyone has found their niche in life, their purpose in this small village. And for a little while, everything seemed to be going alright. Until one morning, the townspeople found that a gallows had been constructed in the square. It was time.

RULES
1. No PMs. I know people like games that have PMs, but I need to be able to see what the mafia are doing, and there are a few mechanics that rely on Quicktopic being a thing.
2. Days will be 96 hours long, and nights will be 48 hours long. These times will be subject to change depending on how annoyed people get at the day length.
3. If every player has submitted a lynch vote during the day phase, the day will end the next time I get online. If I am online at the time of the final vote being submitted, I will wait two hours to end the day phase.
4. Number of votes needed to lynch is half (rounded down) plus 1.
5. You may not quote, screenshot or otherwise directly capture the contents of your role PM, partial or in full. Paraphrasing and simple claiming are allowed.
6. As always, lynch votes must be bolded.

THE PLAYERS
1. Dragonite
2. Pkdragon
3. MysteriousLad
4. Satel
5. HPD
6. Airnike
7. QQQQQQQ7777777
8. Twelve Boats
9. Kireato

Any questions about your role should obviously be sent through PM. Any further questions about the game as a whole should be asked here.

DAY 2 HAS BEGUN
Last edited by hawkesnightmare on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

MysteriousLad

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 0

Postby MysteriousLad » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:17 am

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler: Don't read until Day 1
Err, could we not have the everyone votes end of day rule or is it needed? Slightly hinders discussion and vote analysis during the day. Anyway:
Lynch: Satel
He's manipulative bastard and we need him dead. Until someone else shows up who's worse.

Edit: Just read the rules. Sorry. #Rebel
I'll spoiler it for now.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Twelve Boats

Re: DEVELOPED MAFIA: DAY 1

Postby Twelve Boats » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:59 pm

should i rock the boat and not vote to lynch hpd day 1? the hues corporation says i shouldn't

they're a talented group, i'll go with their consensus. lynch hpd
the dream

QQQQQQQ7777777

Postby QQQQQQQ7777777 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:15 pm

MysteriousLad wrote:
Err, could we not have the everyone votes end of day rule or is it needed? Slightly hinders discussion and vote analysis during the day. Anyway:
He's manipulative bastard and we need him dead. Until someone else shows up who's worse.

I'll spoiler it for now.

Rebels break the rules, bad people break rules, Mafia are bad people

Lynch MysteriousLad
"We are all equally real and unreal."

MysteriousLad

Postby MysteriousLad » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:06 pm

Come on guys, start posting. Without talk we'll only have vote analysis to catch scum. Which is always weaker than meta/play analysis.

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Postby MysteriousLad » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:09 pm

MysteriousLad wrote:
He's a manipulative bastard and we need him dead. Until someone else shows up who's worse.

I'll spoiler it for now.

You may now read the spoiler.

Wait, wait, wait.

hawkesnightmare

Postby hawkesnightmare » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:07 pm

Four people haven't picked up their role pms yet. This is probably just due to them having actual lives though.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:36 pm

Can you tell us who? That prevents people from weaving ''he's silent'' arguments, so we don't have to waste time on that.
And have we offically begun now?

Airnike

Postby Airnike » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:01 pm

I was part of those guys. Now I'm in and ready.

And without talk, there is no spotting the Mafia. I will however try to be more quiet than last time. My obnoxiousness and nervosity have added up to a point where my self-control fails me, so please fare with that.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:13 pm

Having been on both sides of the fence, your style isn't that bad compared to the others.

Anyway, there's fairly little to go on, and I notice that no rules or roles have been revealed. Don't we have a injury system in this game?

Airnike

Postby Airnike » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:40 pm

If there is one, I don't know of it.
The fact that you're asking this question means that this probably appeared in an older game. And I though I had something original.

Ah well, I suppose we need to start throwing votes at random until someone slips.
lynch Satel, cause I'm jelly
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:09 am

Which roles are in play, even, and how many mafia are there?

I can't do anything before I know about that.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Airnike

Postby Airnike » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:44 am

HPD wrote:Which roles are in play, even, and how many mafia are there?

I can't do anything before I know about that.

End of entrance topic, Hawkes said there would be 3 Mafia.
As for the roles, well... I think that this setup is closed. Ask the Lad if you don't get my vocabulary on the spot.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:45 am

Hawkes said in the other topic that there are 3 mafia.

Other than that I'd assume pretty standard mafia roles.

... what airnike said.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Satel

Postby Satel » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:50 am

I guess they have the standard goon/framer/godfather lineup.

No clue if town has cop/doctor yet.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

hawkesnightmare

Postby hawkesnightmare » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:09 am

Dragonite wrote:Anyway, there's fairly little to go on, and I notice that no rules or roles have been revealed. Don't we have a injury system in this game?

Standard rules apply. If there is anything special, it will happen within individual role abilities. Yes, there is an injury system, but it doesn't work the same way as Airnike's game.

HPD wrote:Which roles are in play, even, and how many mafia are there?

Nobody knows, and three.

Kireato

Postby Kireato » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:10 am

Mafia ratio is kinda unforgiving. The rule of ending the day when everyone has put out a vote seems bad for town.

I'm probably just going to turn to the RNGOD for my vote.

Anyways, I make potions, and I don't know what they do.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

MysteriousLad

Postby MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:19 am

Well, I believe that Hawke would overpower town in this case.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Postby Airnike » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:31 am

With that claim of Kir's to make potions, I assume every townie has a special power.
Personally, I get drunk every night and that gives me a night action.

@Kir: I almost feel sorry for ya. But at least you don't get trolled by having to charge a power that tells you what your stuff does.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Postby MysteriousLad » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:44 am

Airnike, it also made you night-kill immune. However I think Airnike's town, meta and shizzle.

Wait, wait, wait.

Kireato

Postby Kireato » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:35 am

GUYS

I have big news about my abilities. It turns out that not only must I give out my potions to others, so I can't drink them myself; but people who receive my potion can refuse to drink them! Why would anyone do that? :(

So basically, I'm looking for a couple of vict-, I mean, volunteers, who would willingly drink my magic potions FOR SCIENCE.
Who's up for it?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:30 am

i volunteer, sure
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:14 am

i love drinking unidentified liquids
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:28 am

HPD has a long history with potions..

Airnike

Postby Airnike » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Really now..?

Also, you'll have to tell me how me acting like I do now is a telltale that I'm town. Given how hard I've been hit by figurative bats, my activity here just dropped. That's all.

Of course I'm not saying I'm Mafia. What kind of doof would even want to do that?
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Postby Satel » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:19 am

Potions? Count me in!
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

hawkesnightmare

Postby hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:01 am

Votecount wrote:Dragonite: 0:
Pkdragon: 0:
MysteriousLad: 1: Kireato
Satel: 2: MysteriousLad, Airnike
HPD: 0:
Airnike: 0:
QQQQQQQ7777777: 0:
Twelve Boats: 0:
Kireato: 0:

With nine players alive, it takes five to lynch.

Day 1 will end in 48 hrs, 45 mins

Votecount was edited to include Kireato's vote.
Last edited by hawkesnightmare on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kireato

Postby Kireato » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:09 am

I have prayed to the RNGOD and he has given me an answer: 3.
Lynch Mysteriouslad!

And I am very glad I have multiple volunteers for my potion. Tonight, I shall once again pray to the RNGOD and decide who among them will be blessed with my potion.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:02 am

We do need to take note of the fact that if two townies randomly vote for another townie, the mafia might try to finish them off. This is probably more of a issue on day 2, but please be careful with slinging legit votes around..
Last edited by Dragonite on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:57 am

That's a very valid point.

Man, town is so weak if we don't know the roles in play and can't communicate outside the topic...

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:11 am

If it's really bad Hawke might try to patch stuff up a bit. 2 mafia wasn't a valid option, but 3 mafia leaves us a bit short on time. The only thing I really can think of it preventing anybody dying on night 1 to give the town some time.

However, we have a injury system. Maybe it isn't possible for the mafia to instakill a target, and they need more time. In that case we're better of using special role powers instead of lynching(as mislynching will remove a townie role, and shorten the amount of days we have). It all depends on specifics we don't know.

Kireato

Postby Kireato » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:10 am

Mafia can night kill. If they cannot, then we aren't being told of a basic rule of the game.

So if we don't lynch today, then we lose unless we lynch a mafia player tomorrow. The outcome is exactly the same if we lynch someone today, we still have no room for error tomorrow. 3 mafia out of 9 players leaves us only a single lynch of mistake, and only if we lynch today. Saying that that leaves us "a bit short on time" is a very mild way of putting it.

If you really think we're better off not lynching someone today and getting to the night to use special abilities, then cast your vote. The day ends once everyone has cast a vote, and without a majority there is no lynch.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:14 am

Problem is, I don't really feel like putting my faith in silly night actions if we don't even know what they are or what they do.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:37 am

Okay, so we need to take a terrible risk today or tomorrow or we're screwed. I don't feel like lynching at this point(I dislike random voting unless I'm specifically pressing), and if we're with our backs against the wall before we even even have had a chance to act, it's probably better not to end days too quickly. Boredom is a risk, but we need every scrap of information we can get. At least we can determine this game's active players better this way, if the wrong people don't vote tomorrow, that also could spell trouble.

hawkesnightmare

Postby hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:06 am

HPD wrote:That's a very valid point.

Man, town is so weak if we don't know the roles in play and can't communicate outside the topic...

I believe the town in its own right is overpowered. If not, I'll know what works and what doesn't. The mafia do have a nightkill.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:21 am

look, there is absolutely nothing to go on, except for the fact that there are three mafia

I can't even very well vote on someone based on that

this is not a game, this is a lottery

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:53 am

From my experience, overpowered roles tend to need time to really change the game around, and even them even poor luck or timing can cause the mafia to counterattack.

What HPD is basically saying, is that surviving the first two days comes down to sheer luck simply because of the basic rules. We either need to get lucky with wacky powers, or somebody in the town has a surefire way to disrupt the mafia, to change this fact.

With that being said, it it better to gamble today or tomorrow with throwing a lynch out? I think it may be better to wait, tomorrow we have marginally better odds, and a blind lynch might kill of the only role that can improve our poor odds. I'm not really liking this plan, but I'm liking very little of our options. >_>

Kireato

Postby Kireato » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:17 am

@HPD:

And that's exactly why the RNGOD decided my vote. I would have lynched myself if my number came out.

By the way, we have less than 24 hours. So even if you don't cast a vote, this day is ending soon.

While I'm at it,
HPD, Pkdragon, Satel,
Which colour do you like best: blue, green or red?

@Dragonite:

If we lynch someone today, we'll have better odds tomorrow than if we don't.

Of course, this probably doesn't take into account how probably overpowered the town probably is. Maybe we probably shouldn't lynch anyone today because if we probably lynch a town player with a probably awesome ability, it'll probably lower how probably overpowered town probably is?!? :O

Twelve Boats

Postby Twelve Boats » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:52 am

no lynch is always a stupid move for the town
the dream

hawkesnightmare

Postby hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:53 am

Kireato wrote:By the way, we have less than 24 hours. So even if you don't cast a vote, this day is ending soon.

hawkesnightmare wrote:Day 1 will end in 48 hrs, 45 mins

As of roughly six hours ago

Return to “You are at a dead end of a dirt road. The road goes to the east.”