Vanilla Mafia Signups

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Gentleman of Dread

Re: Vanilla Mafia Signups

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:14 am

GUESS WHO'S IN.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:15 am

AW crumpets JUST GOT REAL
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:18 am

the return of the snape avatar. oh my
the dream

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:38 am

ok so with treed in i better explain my leak policy

if you leak, hpd will be punished

do not test me on this i WILL severely punish hpd for any leaks
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:41 am

needs more weasley twins.

also, RIP HPD

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:32 am

i mean he does deserve it
the dream

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:44 am

It's probably a bad idea to encourage leaking PK.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:23 am

Linkman wrote:
Treedweller wrote:Even though God doesn't exist. I killed God, everyone.
You are, like, the one dude I would not mind being except myself.

And maybe Robert Downey Jr.
I don't know if you'd want this.

Like, this morning, I woke up about twenty minutes before my alarm rang and lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. There was nothing interesting on the ceiling this morning, but there was a lot of crust in the corners of my eyes, and the crust was totally dried out. I had to rub my eyes and the diamond-shaped crust scratched the corners of my eyes, and it hurt. I stuck my finger in my eye to wet it (the crystals are more malleable when they're wet) and used my eyeball juices to painfully pick out the most stubborn crust crystals, because fudge if I was going to get out of bed to go to the sink even a minute earlier than my alarm. And that happens almost every morning. If you became me, could you live with that?

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm just like everyone else: I pick out eye crust crystals one crystal at a time.

In any case, though, I'd totes want to be you. Or just with you.
Twelve Boats wrote:the return of the snape avatar. oh my
Scis, I'm assuming that you and I will be working together, regardless of our affiliations? Our scisterhood transcends mafia's artificial manichean divisions.
Dragonite wrote:It's probably a bad idea to encourage leaking PK.
Hey look, everyone. It's Mr. Seriousface making his most serious face.

Also, I don't think we should close startups till late on Saturday. Who knows who might join before then?

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:05 am

Treedweller wrote:Hey look, everyone. It's Mr. Seriousface making his most serious face.
I'm always quite Sirius.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:06 am

We've already got five more people than we expected here. If we wait any longer, there will be four mafia to deal with.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:37 am

yeah, about that... I haven't decided for sure yet, still running the numbers, but with 15 people there's probably going to be 4 mafia. with 16 there certainly will be 4 mafia, but 15 is still a bit of a grey zone. also i might add a vigilante after all, with so many people in this game i think the town might be underpowered without a little extra firepower, especially if there ends up being 4 mafia. would anyone be opposed to this?

edit:(actually i think this is going to be the setup unless people raise hell or we somehow get even more sign ups, the numbers work out pretty perfectly for 1 more mafia and 1 vigilante being added into the mix)

oh and i'm going to compromise and say that i'll start it on saturday (that is, tomorrow), probably around noon my time (mountain time).
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:56 am

also linkman is going to be handling flavor text for this one

anything goes wrong blame him :D :D :D :D :D

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:27 am

This game will last a while because well, it's a big one. I wouldn't worry about the town being underpowered that easily, since with all the PM options it's likely to become very complex. A vigilante can also misfire, and then stuff goes south quickly.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:42 am

I'm indifferent about the Vigilante. If there are definitely going to be four mafia, I'd say yes.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:45 am

dragonite wrote: A vigilante can also misfire, and then stuff goes south quickly.
i know, isn't it great :D

when running the numbers i took into account vigilante misfires, so it'll be fine. that said i will be limiting the number of bullets the vigilante has so it can't completely go all trigger happy.

way i see it, vigilante is a pretty standard, classic role and was just MADE for pkmaf. with so many people in this game, the original number of 2 town specials just seems a little small. that said, it's not exactly what i promised so if everyone agrees vigilante is a bad idea i will back down.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:59 am

If you only give the vigilante one shot, I'm fine with it.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:06 am

Vig is life
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:16 am

Dragonite wrote:I'm always quite Sirius.
Whoa, I'm liking the new cute-as-a-button quick-as-a-whip Dragonite. Keep it up, dear.

Also, the Vigilante should have at least three shots. Come on guys, even vanilla mafia games benefit from a little complexity.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:25 am

Other games I've played give the Vig three shots. This helps both give him a chance to hit a baddie, while still limiting his power. I'm down with that sickness.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:27 am

Make me nightkill-immune miller vig pwease. xD
Grasp the truth! Hold it high!
Thrust your fist, that's how you're supposed to use it!
You must've heard it, go!
Don't be afraid to look yourself in the eye!
Big Blast Sonic, that's my heart beat anew!
—from Big Blast Sonic

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:34 am

Having a one-shot variant seems okay. I think we will not really get more. Can't we get Xen to play once? >_>

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Compromise is a two shot vig

Boring part about one-shot vigs is that you can't claim after the shot, whereas 2-3 shots can kill hpd as proof they are the vig

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:10 pm

i like the way you think linkman

two shot vig compromise it is!

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:00 pm

xen can't play mafia. as an australian he feels it hits too close to home, what with this country being all criminals and everything
the dream

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:22 pm

By that logic, anyone of Italian descent would feel the same way.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:39 pm

Sorry about the poor punctuation, I was posting from a phone these last couple of days.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:42 pm

Oh, hush. Low-punctuation Linky is still totally handsome.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Dragonite wrote:Having a one-shot variant seems okay. I think we will not really get more. Can't we get Xen to play once? >_>
I'll be honest, WWN Mafia has evolved to the point I legitimately don't understand what's going on in them anymore.

Vanilla Mafia would probably be rad, but then you'd have to deal with me disappearing mid-game as I flee the country cause.

Edit: Although if it explodes that early... :miss:
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.