Pkmaf R2 NIGHT IDK BUT GoD WINS

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

MysteriousLad

Re: Pkmaf R2 DAY THREE

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:56 am

Also why are you so annoyed?
The town's position is secured, the cop and the soc are linked and two mafia are dead.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:02 am

Tbh can we finish this game?

I am cop. I inspected hawkesni. He is mafia.

I already told PK (and mysterious dude) that I totally suspect GoD and he is my next night's inspection. He also totally gave himself up.

Even if I'm wrong about GoD, it's still 1 mob against 7 town. fudge it. We won.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:02 am

I'm annoyed at the way you play. You're just acting like you are always right and you force your opinion on people like a bully, and I very intensely hate bullies. In real life, I probably would've slapped your face once or twice when I see the crumpets you're saying and the way you're acting.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:09 am

Shall we try the mafia accounts again next game? Even if we don't use them for actual roleplay, it still anonimizes the game.

Also they have PMs disabled.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:13 am

lynch hawkes

Makes sense. Who gains by having ashe killed? Mafia hawkes.

Also, HPD, I'd like, yeah.

EDIT: For actual mafia games, that is. POKéMAF will count on people not knowing what POKéMON the others are.
Last edited by Satel on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:17 am

There's like three on me and something of two on GoD and then Satel wants ML dead.

@Satel if I wanted Ash dead, I would have killed her immediately. Although the argument could be made that I wanted her to get a taste of how mafia plays round here before killing her off. If I truly had my way, I would have tried to keep her alive as long as possible. Since there's like seven people still alive, that's obviously not the case. Linkman is almost confirmed town, since ML shot her after she went for Linkman, and since GoD has wanted him dead for awhile now, i figured he would be the best to go for at the moment.

That's my reasoning. If you're all going to lynch me, just get it over with already.
Last edited by hawkesnightmare on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:18 am

Except now I want you dead because the Cop said so. I have my reasons to believe Linky is the cop and is right about you.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:19 am

HPD wrote:Shall we try the mafia accounts again next game? Even if we don't use them for actual roleplay, it still anonimizes the game.

In theory, mafia accounts were a great idea. In practice, they completely effaced the larger-than-life personality clashes that make mafia interesting - something more than a grouping of random dice rolls.

And no PMs, HPD? We might as well just set 10 Kireato-AIs loose and wait to see which side wins.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:23 am

pk please end their misery

It's sad to watch hawke try to pretend he's not mafia
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:28 am

Treedweller wrote:
HPD wrote:Shall we try the mafia accounts again next game? Even if we don't use them for actual roleplay, it still anonimizes the game.

In theory, mafia accounts were a great idea. In practice, they completely effaced the larger-than-life personality clashes that make mafia interesting - something more than a grouping of random dice rolls.

And no PMs, HPD? We might as well just set 10 Kireato-AIs loose and wait to see which side wins.
I think it was more a case that people had trouble role-playing a set of characters. However, I can just give them a blank name and have everyone fill something in for themselves. If you do that, sure, it could make it easier to guess someone's identity if they don't play very well, but that's part of the game.

I disagree with you that it becomes Kireatomaf if you use the accounts without PMs.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:29 am

but but but my STYLE OF POSTING

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:31 am

Gentleman of Dread- 3 (GoD, Dragonite, Hawke)
Hawke - 5 (Narts, MysteriousLad, Linkman, Kireato, Satel) (1 more to majority)
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:32 am

Linkman wrote:pk please end their misery

It's sad to watch hawke try to pretend he's not mafia
I believe someone said something similar in a previous game where I wasn't evil.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:33 am

Your commitment is commendable.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:33 am

Except this one you are. There's no way to fake a cop result.

Someone just come over and smite this dude with a hammer.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:37 am

you know when i said "wow a topic that didn't explode for once" that wasn't an invitation to spout pages of gibberish
the dream

Narts

Post by Narts » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:39 am

Mel you have the power to end this

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:39 am

ML also forced Airnike to fake-claim cop at gunpoint. If there's anything interesting about this game it's how ML turned the vig role upside down. If anyone else had got it, Treed would have more time to establish his network and perhaps rat the cop out. Can't we try limiting the cop with a ''ammo'' of sorts sometime? The problem is that either the results are so unreliable you might as well play without it, or if the cop can secure his position they can just play the game out and rout the mafia without pressure. Having limited inspections means a cop has to wait until he can pinpoint a few suspects before acting.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:39 am

Satel wrote:Except this one you are. There's no way to fake a cop result.

Someone just come over and smite this dude with a hammer.
You don't know the depths of Pk's twisted mind. TerroristBoy has been running around naked and screaming for the past few hours about god knows what, so there's got to be some sort of confounding role.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:45 am

@Dragonite
If you want vanilla mafia, you have civilians, you have a few mafia and you let the lynches begin. There's no need for any cop or doctor, and it's perfectly fine to have mafia survive to the very last 3 players in which he has to convince at least one of the town players to vote for the other town players.

In any case, every one has voted besides Twelve Boat, so we may as well fast forward.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Twelve Boats

Post by Twelve Boats » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:55 am

guess i'll vote to lynch hawke. if he's mafia yay, if not boo but we know somebody's lying
the dream

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:01 am

Or you don't put doctor and cop together in a setup:
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... pen_Setups

Look there for a lot of setups which have been tested extensively and where no breaking strategies exsist. Also, I'm fully for banning PM's in mafia games.

Wait, wait, wait.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:03 am

hawke is mafia night actions etc

also fudge turning mafia into a science
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

MysteriousLad

Re: Pkmaf R2 NIGHT THREE

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:05 am

Wait, wait, wait.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:05 am

yeah nope not reading that

my heart remains pure

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:11 am

If you use PM's you just should consider that in a setup. The PM part is kind of fun. However, you managed to break the game by day 2. It's partly the setup, partly you getting really lucky. Now I want to beat you once for fun haha.

BTW, who truly believed Airnike was cop?

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:13 am

8 towns, 1 mafia

END THIS PK NOBODY IS HAVING FUN

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:14 am

ive never actually seen a mafia game where the vigilante is useful without first connecting with the investigator, which usually takes time, finesse, and a good bit of trust

i knew this game would be a bit in the town's favor, but town has gotten extremely lucky with everything they did.

it's a fluke of nature

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:17 am

afk

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:22 am

There's no point playing a game if you'll spoil it for yourself or refuse to follow the rules.

Also, I'm for PMs but I'm against the stalking - it is just cheating.

It is true that the town did get lucky this time, and the mafia played atrociously. However, claiming vigilante on day 1 is a good strategy, and requires an equally bold strategy by the mafia in which they'll have to put one of their members forward to counter claim vigilante. There WERE plenty of mafia though.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:25 am

Kireato wrote:It is true that the town did get lucky this time, and the mafia played atrociously.
Uhhh, no they didn't. Or at least I didn't. I had plans that I was going to bring to fruition if Mysteriously Lucky didn't shoot me.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:26 am

It's not over yet, since there's one non-busted mafia.

It's but a matter of time before he falls, though.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:32 am

Treedweller wrote:
Kireato wrote:It is true that the town did get lucky this time, and the mafia played atrociously.
Uhhh, no they didn't. Or at least I didn't. I had plans that I was going to bring to fruition if Mysteriously Lucky didn't shoot me.
It was a hilarious train-wreck from the very start. Your mistake was that you somehow thought you could reason with Mysteriouslad.

You displayed a sheer lack of guts by shooting QQQQQQQ7777777 on the first night, and it really was the same on night 2.

It was really bad.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:33 am

You were really bad.

>:[

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:39 am

Hey, I was titillating all of Mysteriouslad's mafia sensors but I'm still alive somehow. I'm still laughing now. :D

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:39 am

investigator send me yur damn pm

i know you are here or were here

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:40 am

Kireato wrote:Hey, I was titillating all of Mysteriouslad's mafia sensors but I'm still alive somehow. I'm still laughing now. :D
You only made it past his sensors because you failed the Turing test.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:42 am

oh investigator apparently declared in irc that he wasn't sending in a night action

narts is dead he was doctor

dawn of fourth day

hey at least SOMEONE seems to be having fun.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:44 am

ha, so much for that

and now i'm pretty sure the lad will psh for my lynch because he told me narts was the doctor. just don't do that because we need to win before the cop gets killed. it was stupid not investigating, though...

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:45 am

special rule

whoever votes first lynches

1 vote is "majority"

its a minigame "sudden death mode"

get ready to speedpost
Last edited by Pkdragon on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.