WWN mafia, number 41 (Blown but town wins anyway)

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

[M] MysteriousFries

Re: 10th Anniversary WWN mafia, number 41

Post by [M] MysteriousFries » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:30 am

friends, join me in my hymn to memorialize our lord

Unit three thousand twenty one is warning
Makes a humming sound - when its circuits
Duplicate emotions - and a sense of coldness detaches
As it tries to comfort your sadness -

One more robot learns to be something more than
A machine - when it tries the way it does - make it seem
Like it can love -
Cause it's hard to say what's real - when you know the
Way you feel - is it wrong to think it's love
When it tries the way it does...

Feeling a synthetic kind of love
Dreaming a sympathetic wish -
As the lights blink faster and brighter -

One more robot learns to be something more than
A machine - when it tries the way it does - make it seem
Like it can love -
Cause it's hard to say what's real - when you know the
Why you feel - is it wrong to think it's love
When it tries the way it does...

[M] MysteriousHost

Post by [M] MysteriousHost » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:57 pm

It should've been the best day of her life. Here she was, in her bridal gown, awaiting the coming of a husband who would never come. Tears rolled down her cheeks, ruining the make-up that had been applied with so much care, as she heard the officer making his report.

Harry P. Dreamer, the love of her life, had been killed in a drone attack.

It was a fluke, they said. "Somehow the targets got switched. Something must've short-circuited. We're awfully sorry for your loss."

But she, Ms. Dragonite, soon to be Mrs. Dreamer if this hadn't happened, did not believe the man.
This was no fluke, she thought. The programming was faultless, she knew that much. Harry had been intricately involved with the Treedileaks program, and had been partly responsible for funding the whole project. No, someone must've hacked the system and re-routed the drone's path and target. And she had a pretty clear idea of where to look.

Back home, all of Harry's files and documents concerning the matter were upturned. Dragonite searched all through the night, never even stopping to remove her bridal gown. Come morning, she thought she had the answer.

Harry had some intense contact in the developing stages of the Treedileaks project with a slippery fellow, ostensibly called 'Gentleman of Dread'. Not only did he lead a gambling syndicate, he was also an accomplished hacker (codename MysteriousDice), loosely affiliated with Anonymous. Even though his reputation was less than savory, Harry and the project's founder Treed had hit a wall at that point, both financially and technically, and had made a deal with this fellow in order to see the project done. Dread made a pretty big investment then and there.

That was Harry's and Treed's mistake. Dread must've hidden a backdoor in the drone's code, allowing him to take over control and have it turn on those he wanted gone. The motive was obviously clear: Harry P. Dreamer was one of the few who could've possibly figured out what Dread had done.

That afternoon, she sought out an assassin. A mysterious vigilante who kept his face hidden behind a hood. 'Business security', he said. Whatever. She paid this mysterious figure handsomely, and was to seek out and kill this 'MysteriousDice', who was reported to appear at a hacker's dinner party.

The assassin proved trustworthy. In full view of the gathered crowd, Dread suddenly dropped to the floor, dead. He'd only taken one bit of the poisoned pheasant, but it was enough.

When the assassin returned to the Dreamer mansion to report to ms. Dragonite, however, he found the place torched. Not wanting to draw attention to anyone who might be watching, he let the taxi drive past unnoticed.

When the police arrived, they found the corpse of a young lady in her bridal gown, hanging limply from a tree.

---

MysteriousLass was killed by the mafia. She was a Civilian played by Dragonite.
MysteriousDice was killed by the vigilante. He was Mafia played by Gentleman of Dread.

The vigilante has one bullet remaining.

In the wake of HPD's passing, all shall perish save for those who rid themselves of their enemies. Following the passing of the Lord, the second day dawns red as two more join him in the afterlife.

Six votes will pass as a majority.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:21 am

Aww..

I had fun though.

[M] MysteriousDad

Post by [M] MysteriousDad » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJ-IJspbqY

12 o'clock, midnight. In outer space.

The star destroyer Executor, pride and flagship of the Imperial Navy, was eclipsing the sun. Which is why it was midnight.

On the bridge of the enormous starship, a dark figure was staring out of a viewport, surveying the endless void beyond. His thoughts as black as the vacuum of space itself.

The captain of the ship approached him, then stopped at a respectful ten feet's distance.

His heels clicked into attention and he cleared his throat.

"We have arrived in the Sol system, Lord Vader. A hyperspace vapour trail bearing the Cytugian's signature has been traced leading to the third planet out from the local star. It seems the bounty hunter's information has proven itself correct."

The helmeted figure continued to stare out of the window, without comment. Only the constant mechanical hissing and wheezing of his breathing apparatus pierced the uncomfortable silence on the bridge.

"Your orders, Lord Vader?" The captain's eyes shifted around nervously, as he anticipated the worst. Something was wrong. Around the Dark Lord it was never a good thing when something was wrong.

After many oppressive seconds of silence, the Dark Lord turned in a sudden motion to face the captain. "AH-HA!", he exclaimed with an uncharacteristic joviality.

The captain's eyes widened.

"I am King Jaffe Joffer ruler of Zamunda!", said Vader. "I have come for my son Akeem."

The captain stammered. He didn't know what to make of this. "W-we have prepared your shuttle, Lord. If you wish, we can..."

"You are not Akeem."

The captain stood dumbfounded. "Uh..."

Before he could say anything, he felt an invisible grip tighten around his neck. Vader's gloved hand was stretched out, pinching air. The captain knew his time was up. He was going to die without ever knowing what his transgression was. And so he did. His limp body slouched onto the polished deck. The Dark Lord of the Sith stood over the body for a moment, then proceeded to walk out of the bridge.

Just before he made his exit, he turned around to face the crew of the bridge, who were all silently staring at their consoles pretending to not have noticed anything had happened.

"AH! So that's it."

[M] MysteriousDead

Post by [M] MysteriousDead » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:16 am

The top trend on DeadTwitter, the Twitter for skeletons, zombies and other such enjoyable folk is #LadVigAgain.

[M] MysteriousLies

Post by [M] MysteriousLies » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 am

The Lord turning out to be our Inspector is of the most coherent things I have heard in this topic.

Also, there is no common point to look for in my posts.

[M] MysteriousHost

Post by [M] MysteriousHost » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:44 pm

The silence that has fallen in this room is most disturbing. Time marches on and you are needlessly idling.

[M] MysteriousMice

Post by [M] MysteriousMice » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Lord - 2 (Lace, Dad)
Lies - 1 (Eyes)
Bed - 1 (Legs)
Eyes - 1 (Flies)
Dad - 1 (Dead)

waiting for:
MysteriousLass
MysteriousLord
MysteriousLives
MysteriousMice
MysteriousDice
MysteriousLies
MysteriousFries
MysteriousBed
tally:

Lord - 5 (Lace, Dad, Dice, Lies, Legs)
Eyes - 2 (Flies, Fries)
Lies - 1 (Eyes)
Mice - 1 (Dead)
Legs - 1 (Lives)

waiting for:
MysteriousLass
MysteriousLord
MysteriousMice
MysteriousBed
Lord - 5 (Lace, Dad, Lies, Legs, Lass)
Eyes - 2 (Flies, Fries)
Lace - 2 (Dead, Lord)
Lies - 1 (Eyes)
Legs - 1 (Lives)
Bed - 1 (Dice)
Lives - 1 (Bed)
So basically bed is probably town, unless Dice was a try-hard. It's also likely there's mafia in: Dad, Lies and Legs. Lace less likely as he started the wagon.
Oh, those who didn't lynch Lord are townier.
Come on people, talk.

[M] MysteriousDad

Post by [M] MysteriousDad » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:09 pm

Nonsense. I will do no such thing.

[M] MysteriousMice

Post by [M] MysteriousMice » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:37 pm

So instead of makinga serious reply you posted fluff.
Lynch: MysteriousDad
You are not my father.

[M] MysteriousDead

Post by [M] MysteriousDead » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:50 pm

Answer from DeadTwitter: Bed attempted difficult.

Dead computer urges: lynch MysteriousMice
Single person will never lead one of us. For we have no nose to be dragged by.

[M] MysteriousFries

Post by [M] MysteriousFries » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:49 am

ugh these accounts are such a pain, i really need to get a second browser to make this easier.

I actually agree with MysteriousMice's thought process, up to a point at least. Those three are probably the best place to start. I wouldn't rule out Bed as being mafia yet, though.

Problem is there's just so much inactivity that it's hard to get a decent grip on who's doing what.

[M] MysteriousDad

Post by [M] MysteriousDad » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:12 am

[M] MysteriousMice wrote:So instead of makinga serious reply you posted fluff.
Lynch: MysteriousDad
You are not my father.
You are not Akeem.

Lynch MysteriousMice

[M] MysteriousMice

Post by [M] MysteriousMice » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:18 am

So why the heck is the town now voting players trying to get discussion going?
Fudge you all.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:30 am

kay if it's too much trouble you can post from your main and reveal yourselves

just rid me of the inactivity, cause this is getting stupid
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:41 am

fudge FINALLY GUYS

lynch whoever
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:16 am

guys i was mysteriousfries (not flies)

plot twist

lynch MysteriousDad btw
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:54 am

cute idea and all but yeah, switching accounts is annoying as hell. i'm eyes btw

anyway i am gonna stick with my guns and say lynch lies and whoever that translates to
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Narts

Post by Narts » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:06 am

I am King Jaffe Joffer ruler of Zamunda!

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:12 am

No point in withholding this list:

Dragonite - MysteriousLass
Kireato - MysteriousLord
QQQQQQQ7777777 - MysteriousLives
MysteriousLad - MysteriousMice
Narts - MysteriousDad
Twelve Boats - MysteriousEyes
Gentleman of Dread - MysteriousDice
Treedweller - MysteriousFlies
Linkman - MysteriousLegs
Satel - MysteriousLies
Pkdragon - MysteriousFries
Sven - MysteriousLace
K the Angle - MysteriousBed
Airnike - MysteriousDead
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:14 am

also the translated tally:

Narts - 2 (ML, Pk)
ML - 2 (Airnike, Narts)
Satel - 1 (Deoxy)

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:49 am

yes

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:45 am

fantastic narts impression sven

i really enjoyed it
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:09 am

Thank god we dropped the alt accounts. I wasn't even trying to keep a pretense that I wasn't who I was.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:51 am

SPEC TALK

Even with a list, I found it difficult to keep track of who was who.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:47 pm

I know it's crumpets of us to kill Sven/HPD/Treed or whoever by virtue of being popular.

But accounts are simply not the solution. They're fun at first as we pick avatars and try to make up personalities, then the whole thing dies quickly.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:15 pm

pretty much too much effort to constantly fudge figure out stupid quotes to use in my posts.

idk what the fudge to say from here though. we kind of just had a dead day because of the accounts.

lynch mysterious lad

diediedie

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:46 pm

and honestly, knowing people and knowing their posting habits gives us a place to start

we can notice oddities in someone's posting behavior and call them on it. it may not be anything, but it's somewhere we can start when we have no day 1 info.

Narts

Post by Narts » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:33 pm

I thought my amazing rp post was just so good it stunned everyone into silence.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Yeah, I figured it quickly becomes too much effort to log in those accounts. I had to look up my pass all the time since I couldn't remember what it was again.

The whole role-play besides it was completely optional, and I stressed that, but apparently when one person starts doing it, the rest just follows suit.

Anyway, yeah, I'm retiring the mafia accounts probably for good now, since there's no point in having them.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Problem is that if you don't roleplay, everybody will figure each other out fairly quickly. Everybody has their own style of posting, words they like to use often, etc. It's probably for the best that we figure something out with our normal accounts(join the protect HPD foundation and get a free T-shirt NOW!)

Good luck playing this one out.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:56 pm

here's how to fix that: hpd is super jester for the next eight or so games

K The Angle

Post by K The Angle » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:50 am

So Q and I revealed our roles to each other when the game started, but not our alt. names.

I'm dying tonight, so I'm the vig and Q is the godfather.

Lynch Q

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:13 am

Okay, the list leaked.

Sorry for the inactivity though, but I kinda have not enough time because work and I don't even have my own room atm.

Sorry again, and lynch Lad

EDIT: I wanted to be the Lass goddammit.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

[M] MysteriousDead

Post by [M] MysteriousDead » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:15 am

Game destroyed. Interest dropped.
Except for free T-shirt. Me now desires.

Also, gave self gimmick of butchering eigo, this remains.
Deal.

lynch MysteriousLegs -- you appreciate mapping nick to "L.I.N.K.M.A.N."

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:48 am

K The Angle wrote:So Q and I revealed our roles to each other when the game started, but not our alt. names.

I'm dying tonight, so I'm the vig and Q is the godfather.

Lynch Q
ayy lmao

lynch q7

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:59 am

This game just feels messed up by this point.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:00 am

I don't trust K, I want to here from Q7 first.
What exactly is your role K?
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel