Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - Mafia Wins (K MVP)

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Airnike

Re: Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - Day 3!

Post by Airnike » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:50 am

You guys had me thinking as much as my little connection time will allow. The Mafia isn't giving any hint right now, so we need to find it out of the action.

I'm sure the Treedileaks invocation here is a pretext for Treed to get away with a huge lie because he'd expect everyone else to believe him. The loss of passion might be a side-effect of this phenomena, swollen like a ballon, suddenly flopping like one. At least that's what it looks like.

pk, I've told out loud that Satel didn't reveal squat to me. Uno nothing. We've made our moves perfectly apart in this game, which is why I'm left with guesses. I suspect the mafia who Satel revealed to to have found out Dragonite.

The fact that he's told me that the mafia would laugh at me is pointing me to a Kir-Q scumteam. I forgot about Sven, which is also highly possible. Hell, a full-"inactive" scumteam of Q-K-Sven-Kir isn't far from the plausible.

I'm stepping out of the current conflict for now. Treed, don't take this as a "you're off the hook", because you're not.
Still, I feel that it's more win-win to lynch Q.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:33 am

It's funny how the two players I've wanted to lynch most this game are part of the few who understand why I indeed am the one and only miller. And hey, I'm sure to die tonight and you two will be part of the few here with better sense than the mob of dummies taking part in this game. That's not suspicious at all. Especially considering that participation often equates interest and most of the players here lose interest in losing games, taking on fatalistic behaviour.

I really wish we had lynched Pkdragon at the start. We keep rewarding anti-town plays and lack of participation so now of course instead of having mafia that try to blend in town, we've got every town player doing their best to act like mafia or suiciding themselves (self lynch should just be banned).

There's at least one mafia who is laughing his ass off with Sateleiev's Soviet failsafe. Supposedly, the other person to whom he revealed he was doctor should be trying to gun me down as hard as he can since I knew Satel was the doctor and Satel died yesterday night. Unfortunately, Satel didn't quite think about how unlikely it was for me not to be the miller (it would have required for the miller to be completely retarded) nor about how, with another person knowing he was the doctor, there was no guarantee that I was the one who was responsible for his death and that as such there was no failsafe for his failsafe. Truly soviet indeed. Maybe he should have thought about telling yet another player that he's doctor to have a failsafe for his failsafe? Shhh, let him work out if that's a good idea or not.

I'm going to keep my vote on Terragent because he really is acting slimy. There's no substance whatsoever in his message and someone is going to have to point out to me what actions he has taken exactly to : "all I'm trying to do is get a fix on who the mafia are and dispose of them as efficiently as possible". His provisional mafia list is a list of all players who are lynching him! XD

And Airnike is also incapable of figuring out that I can't be mafia. (Where's the real miller, Airnike? Where is he?) I'd be willing to lynch him too by the way. I mean, what poor play has he made that would warrant any mafia laughing at him? Has he been tricked or deceived by anyone this game? Why would Satel tell him that mafia would be laughing at him? He's really as silly as Satel.

Didn't Linkman say he would boot the inactives if they didn't vote today?
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:15 am

I will! I do think everyone voted though.

Just a few hours, fellas!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:22 am

can we get another vote recap?
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:29 am

Sure you can PK I was doing it as we spoke!

Vote tally:

Terragent - 4 (Pkdragon, Q7, Treed, Kireato)
Q7 - 2 (scraggypunk, Airnike)
Treedweller - 2 (Terragent, Sven)
Kireato - 1 (GoD)
Airnike - 1 (HPD)
No Lynch - 1 (K The Angle)

I will review again but it should be okay.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:48 am

If you are the miller, Kireato, then you're playing right into the mafia's hands by calling for my lynching. The whole identity thing is nonsense anyway since miller is an utterly irrelevant role with the inspector gone and frankly there have been enough completely disengaged and troll-happy players present that I don't think your "all of my rival claimants are dead of have retracted their claims" line really has that much strength.

I also find it pretty rich that you're calling my conduct "slimy" when Treed is turning the smarm up to eleven and leading the entire town around by the nose. He aggressively pushed for the two mislynches, he's trying to get me killed right now, and he's spent his credibility well because even if he's lynched tomorrow he's pretty much guaranteed that the town is going to waste its time killing another innocent today. His behaviour is disingenuous, condescending, and frankly not very convincing, and I'm seriously unimpressed by anybody who claims to honestly believe him.

PK in particular I am seriously unimpressed by because he has never bothered to give any serious reasons for his lynch vote on me beyond "people are ganging up on treed, surely the mafia would be dogpiling on his persecutor if he was one of them". That's lazy at the best of times, and frankly I find it pretty thin ground for a lynch vote.

Your own rationale is even weaker, of course, but you're basically just jumping on the bandwagon instead of starting it so I honestly don't care as much.

I will say this again: I am innocent and killing me will be a big mistake. I am convinced that Treedweller is mafia and more convinced as time goes on that PK is as well. Further guesses are basically just speculation at this point, but I really feel that I have to implore everyone to reconsider their lynch votes, because you've got the wrong guy.

It's also worth pointing out that indecision is just as much of a town-loses scenario as a mislynch, since Linky's majority-lynch-on-time-up rule means that I'm toast if there aren't either two more votes for Treed or a change of heart from one of the people calling for me to be lynched. Once I'm gone the mafia can basically just bloc-vote without even doing that good a job of hiding it and pretty much guarantee a mislynch tomorrow since they'll control four out of nine votes. Even if they don't have a single townie voting with them, they can only fail to win the lynch vote if every single townie votes to kill one of them, and since they can just wait for a townie to make the first lynch suggestion and get an instant majority they don't even need to stick their necks out initially.

In this case I choose not to make the tactical choice of switching my lynch vote to Q7, because while I'm suspicious of him I'm not willing to gamble a mislynch on it while there are still four live mafia. I'd like it noted that I elected not to do so, however.

Lynch Treedweller.

I can promise everyone who's innocent and calling for my lynch that they are making a serious mistake. Do not kill me, because doing so will almost certainly make you lose.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:33 am

oh where to begin... there's two fairly long posts i could respond directly to right now but again, don't have the time or energy... so i'm just going to go ahead and analyze that vote count i asked for.

i will say that that's fairly interesting results in that vote recap. the initial situation has completely changed. terr is now the one that has a ton of votes piled up on him. now, i know at least 2 of those votes are civ votes (me and kir) and figure that treed's vote is probably innocent, so what that suggests to me is that the mafia just don't care to swing the vote one way or another so they're spreading out their votes. based on the earlier vote count, and the current vote count, i'm starting to really think both treed and terr are innocent and doing a really bad job of looking innocent, and the mafia is simply an inactive team.

airnike, q7, god, and sven. those are my big suspicions. note that i'm not saying "this is the mafia team". just that these people are individually the people i think have a good chance of being mafia. of the two, airnike would be difficult to lynch at this point, GoD and sven basically impossible. q7 is the only less than active who looks possible to lynch. but i hate punishing activity and we finally got some... unique activity out of him.

hpd what do you think, im drowning in my own thoughts
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:39 am

actually you know what as soon as i stepped away from the computer i realized what i needed to do

there's one person who's been both inactive yet even more opportunistic than terr

i love his poetry but he's the only option besides terr or treed

and ultimately, if both deoxy and airnike agree about something it must be truth. besides, deoxy's instincts are rarely wrong

lynch q7

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:11 am

wheel of mafia turn turn turn, tell us the person we should vote to burn

Code: Select all

3: HPD
welp

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:14 am

:/

I really fudge hate bandwagons. I really don't want to throw somebody under the bus just to save my own skin. I really ought to be sleeping right now.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:15 am

It's a sign!
Lynch HPD

Also, lol at Terragent hating bandwagons. He was jumping on them just fine when it was Mysteriouslad and hawkesnightmare under the wheel!

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:18 am

Lynch HPD My sister is never wrong.
"We are all equally real and unreal."

K The Angle

Post by K The Angle » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:19 am

Also Q is bae and you should not lynch him Lololol.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:19 am

K The Angle wrote:Also Q is bae and you should not lynch him Lololol.
So I /may/ have taken K's phone >.>

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:30 am

K's HPD vote doesn't count because that was technically me. I did not read her role PM. She now has her phone back (and is more than likely going to vote me now xD). I have no defense, that was just funny and I had a good time while it lasted.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:35 am

But I wanted an HPD lynch party. :(

Anyway, I'll go right back to lynching Terragent.

Lynch Terragent

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:55 am

going back to Lynch Terragent

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:10 am

If there's a tie by the end of the allotted time, I'll give a short extension.

If there's still a tie after the extension, lynch roulette between the tied votes.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:24 am

lynch ties should result in a dead mafia who is completely unrelated
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:28 am

Right, changing to lynch q7 because I agree with PK and the mafia is almost certainly a bunch of inactives.

If Treed and Terr are both mafia then my hat's off to you both.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

K The Angle

Post by K The Angle » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:29 am

Do I need a reason? He stole my phone and voted for someone else with it!

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:39 am

OK you guys here is the deal. I am going out tonight, and should be back in... 5 or 6 hours from now.

By then, whoever's got more votes, is lynched--and if there's a tie, whenever I check WWN tomorrow morning is the deadline.

So that's in stone now, have fun and don't fret!

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:44 am

Vote tally:

Q7 - 5 (scraggypunk, Airnike, pkdragon, HPD, K The Angle)
Terragent - 3 (Treed, Kireato, Q7)
Kireato - 1 (GoD)

6 votes is majority. Everybody voted so no DQs this round.

Enjoy!

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:53 am

god doesn't want to pull the trigger on fellow mafia member q7
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:39 am

This is a fun game to watch. I would opt to just spectate every game because I would know everything, but I get some sort of frustrated satisfaction from playing as well.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:07 am

I mean, I've been busy all day and refreshed the topic now again, but Q7 has just made himself into such a target I can't help but..
Lynch Q7

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:22 am

:|

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:30 am

:\

I can take no credit or blame for whatever results. Not that I'm not grateful for my neck remaining intact.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:58 pm

QQQQQQQ7777777 was lynched. He was Vanilla Mafia!

Way to go townies! Send in 'em night action, mobsters!

Pkdragon

Re: Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - Night 3!

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:05 pm

i saw the word "vanilla" and just about had a heart attack lol

thankfully the next word made it all good :D

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:15 am

B)
wisdom

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:17 am

Kireato was killed. He was the Miller!

Nine players, five is majority! Hit it, fellas!

Live players:
2. treeds
4. gentlemanz
5. hpdz
8. PKs
10. Airnikez
11. Kookz
13. Svenners
14. Terrz
15. scoobypunks

Exiled to Siberia:
6. ladders (Vanilla Town)
1. draggs (Inspector)
3. hawkes (Vanilla Town)
7. Satels (Doctor)
9. Qbs (Vanilla Mafia)
12. Kir-3PO (Miller)

scraggypunk

Re: Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - Day 4!

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:40 am

lynch gentleman o dread
next mafia
wisdom

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:56 am

would you look at that, kireato was the miller

plot twist

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:58 am

I do agree with Deoxy here. GoD definitely is high on the list, as is Sven. But I'm not going to lynch yet for fear of creating a bandwagon without first discussing our options.

I'm certainly glad we managed to escape the Treed/Terr trap. This makes both of them fairly certainly innocent. The mafia have tried to profit from this, and were probably on both sides of either bandwagon. The fact that it swung to Q7 at the last minute was probably something they didn't expect.

GoD's last post look very much like him bussing Q7, which makes him a prime suspect. Sven is now the top suspect for Satel to have revealed to, most likely on the IRC.

I'm ready to believe the innocence of:
- HPD
- Pk
- Deoxy
- Treed
- Terr

Which makes the potential mafia pool:
- GoD
- Airnike
- K
- Sven

If this is correct, we're certain to win, with the majority of townies vouched innocent. However, let's not completely trust this pool of 'innocents' just yet, seeing as we've more often had a mafia hide in it through clever play.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:18 am

Sadly, we really can't rule out Treed/Terr entirely yet because they weren't involved in the decision to kill Q7. That said, given that Q7 was trying to get Terr killed, I'm definitely willing to give him the benefit of the doubt from here on out. Undecided on Treed, but my gut is telling me that he's innocent.

Likewise, Airnike is looking a lot better now, due to his early lynch on Q7, but at the time it wasn't looking like a Q7 lynch had a serious chance of happening, so we can't give him too much leniency. But given the situation, Sven is definitely looking like the likely Satel leak.

GoD looks shifty as hell now. lynching kir was the ultimate noncommittal vote (the best for the mafia to take if the Terr/Treed situation was truly both of them innocent), and he changed it to q7 too late for me to be impressed. but honestly, i think i'd rather lynch Sven.

but let's see how this develops first

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:00 am

I'm really aware of how shifty me voting Q was, and I would of done it sooner in the day had I been capable of doing it. By the time I could of voted, it was waaay too late to do that. Lynching Kir was essentially my no lynch without saying those filthy words because nobody no lynches.
HPD wrote:I'm certainly glad we managed to escape the Treed/Terr trap. This makes both of them fairly certainly innocent. The mafia have tried to profit from this, and were probably on both sides of either bandwagon.

I'm ready to believe the innocence of:
- HPD
- Pk
- Deoxy
- Treed
- Terr

Which makes the potential mafia pool:
- GoD
- Airnike
- K
- Sven
If most of the mafia was on either side of the bandwagon, why are most of them in your 'innocent' pool? Before the vote shifted to Q7, the vote kind of looked like this
Linkman wrote:Sure you can PK I was doing it as we spoke!

Vote tally:

Terragent - 4 (Pkdragon, Q7, Treed, Kireato)
Q7 - 2 (scraggypunk, Airnike)
Kireato - 1 (GoD)
Airnike - 1 (HPD)
No Lynch - 1 (K The Angle)

I will review again but it should be okay.

I mean, from your supposed pool of innocents, the only two not on the bandwagons are You and Scraggy. You had one point you were making and then completely ignored it. Why's that, HPD?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:46 am

Are you trying to put the blame on me there? The point I was trying to make is that the mafia were trying to (and in their position rightly so!) encourage the Treed vs Terr debate. If either of them would be lynched and proven innocent, the other was likely to be next and the mafia would've won.

but yeah lynch gentleman of dread because trying to shift the focus on me now is just terrible