Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - Mafia Wins (K MVP)

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Gentleman of Dread

Re: Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - FINAL DAY 7

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:33 am

Lunch with PK

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:33 am

In soviet russia you don't eat lunch, russia eats you for lunch!
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:34 am

Isn't it "lunch eats you"?
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:35 am

Idk

Wait, wait, wait.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:36 am

pk for lunch
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:05 am

Damn commercials.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:32 am

and now we return to our regularly scheduled programming

*takes slip of paper from the wheel*

Ahem.

Code: Select all

8: Moral #3 - You can teach an old dog new tricks, but you can't teach Madonna to act. 
opps i spun the wrong wheel
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:37 am

ok so time to be serious

but before i be serious i need to point something out

i am extremely disappointed i did not think to call myself pKGBdragon until this late date.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:49 am

So, Airnike or K the Angle?

Let's examine each player's 5 word essay (F's on both, by the way. There's no way such negligance will go unpunished. You will both be sentenced to 4.9 hours of watching Q7's puppet shows.)

Airnike: “Lynch K or you lose. “
Blunt, to the point. I like that. Threatening me, I don't like that. Little to no logical appeals, instead an appeal to my fear of losing. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
K the Angle: “PK, I am your fath- mother. “
Technically, this is 6 words. That is an extra .2% credit that k has over Airnike, for a grand total of 1.2%. Of course, “fath” by itself is not a real world but I won't stress the details. I dislike the obvious star wars plagiarism. Plagiarising quotes from famous sci fi movies and novels is an awful awful practice and very anti-town. Also I don't think you are my mother, or my father for that matter. Even if I did, I am devoid of emotion due to drinking too much sandworm piss, so that appeal will not work.

I am very disappointed. I was at least hoping for a puppet show. I suppose if they will not defend themselves, I shall have to do it for them. By looking, examining, and tearing apart every post they have made in this topic.

EDIT: AFK nap then night class then ill finish up this little yarn

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:57 am

pk pls

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:07 am

DID SOMEBODY SAY SOCKPUPPETS?! O.O

*gets inside a 500 meter sock and starts crushing buildings as sock puppets of everyone in the game starts flying around the giant sock in circles with glowing red button-eyes chanting "L-y-n-c-h H-P-D" (except for HPD's sock puppet which is chanting "L-y-n-c-h M-e")*
BUY GOLD

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:59 am

PK, you're evil.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:50 am

PK and K, please vote, I really want to end this so I can apologize profusely.

Nvm I'll start now: sorry! I honest to God read Treed's post and figured he was just saying "Lynch Treed" in a joking manner. I now realized he was saying "I'm off to lunch :D" and I totally killed him for it.

But yeah, it's like when you land in those question mark signs in monopoly: DEAL WITH IT
(I'm sorry :()
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:22 am

Oh my god, Linky, real talk: I couldn't think of a better, more Treed-like way to die. I mean, I was killed for terrible wordplay while hungry. When I do actually die in mafia, that's the best way.

And now, if we ever do actually ever meet up for lynch - I mean lunch - I have reason to mock you the entire time.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:50 am

:)
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

pkdragon at school

Post by pkdragon at school » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:03 am

I actually am at class again, a 3 hour night class. I could have ended it during that hour or so that I was posting, but I was still considering my options.

I'll try to post when I get done.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:09 pm

This is evil at its finest.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:26 pm

please understand, i was busy constructing a complicated mafia mythology for myself (and burning the game down in the process ofc)

a mythology that involves cartoon characters that may or may not be the muad'dib

OK, SO i am unfortunately at a turning point. i am being pressured to end the game early, and this means i will not be able to go out in as spectacular of a blaze of glory as some of us had hoped. nevertheless, i am happy with what i have achieved in this small amount of time. for reasons that i wish to leave ambiguous, i cannot end the game in a traditional manner- that is, i cannot guess who is the mafia, based on logic and smart thinking. after all, i know who the mafia is, and have for pretty much all day. there would be no drama, and a town victory would be tainted due to the unspeakable methods from which i obtained this forbidden knowledge.

neither, however, can i throw the game, and give the mafia a victory that they do not truly deserve.i am sorry, that would be an entertaining option, as we discussed, and i will miss the avatar i was to gain out of the occasion, but as you can clearly see, i have gained a new avatar on my own.

so in this case, i truly shall end the game by way of lynch roulette. it is the only way.

1 shall be airnike, the unfortunate disciple of order
2 shall be k the angle, the heretic priestess of chaos
3 shall be pkdragon, the jester of fate and balance
4 shall be hpd, the one who will not receive peace even in the grave.

so have i defined the stakes, so it shall be

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:27 pm

wheel of mafia etc

1: Airnike
THE WHEEL HAS SPOKEN

lynch Airnike

K The Angle

Post by K The Angle » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:32 pm

ALL PRAISE THE WHEEL! Lynch Airnike

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:36 pm

take that town

turns out i was mafia all along

i just asked linky to switch roles with k in the spectator topic to prevent leaks from deadtalk

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:39 pm

pKGBdragon, it was an honour and privilege to serve alongside you in this campaign. May the fruits of your labors be eversweet.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:40 pm

Airnike was lynched! He was Vanilla Town!

The mafia wins!

15 dudes

1. Godfather
2.3.4. Mafia
5. Inspector
6. Doctor
7. Miller
8. SECRET MAFIA -- role is reversed with mafia number 2 who is actually town
9-15. Vanilla

13. Svenners - Godfather
11. Kookz - Mafia
4. gentlemanz - Mafia
9. Qbs - Mafia
1. draggs - Inspector
7. Satels - Doctor
12. Kir-3PO - Miller
8. PK - SECRET MAFIA
6. ladders
5. hpdz
14. Terrz
3. hawkes
2. treeds
10. Airnikez
15. scoobypunks

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:40 pm

PK is MVP

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:41 pm

ty ty i tried my hardest

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - PK WINS

Post by Linkman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Oh yeah:

Spectators: http://quicktopic.com/51/H/GrUDJnQyMqL
Mafia: http://quicktopic.com/51/H/E4pVpyCFZTZE

If I host again, I will not reveal the roles in the spectator quicktopic. Deadtalkers gave away far too much in this game.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:07 pm

I maintain that I revealed nothing, and that the town insisted on reading into something that was not there.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Alecat

Post by Alecat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:37 pm

And now the wall is down,
The leakers frown,
There's Mafia all over town.
And in this forum,
There's no decorum,
The townies fight - the mobsters let 'em.

Poor Draggy barely took a breath,
And Hawkez lynched himself to death,
But now that PK's put the boot in,
Who'll stand in our way?

So we reject foes and allies,
And once again, WWN will rise,
Prepare the socks to be unfurled,
'Cos Q's off in his own mad world,
We shall set up a spoilers thread,
We shall talk even if we're dead,
We shall make more games go ahead,

Forever and a day.

GAME OVERRRRR

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Sven
04-15-2015
12:48 PM ET (US)
the point of WWN mafia is to let pkdragon live and selfdestruct
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:22 pm

you idiot
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:09 pm

i
uh
um

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:38 pm

When did the switch happen?

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Repost rant from QT
EDIT
DELETE
Here are my thoughts on WWN Mafia:

1. The playerlists have a lot of potential, the people here came originally from a turn-based strategy game and are all nearly smart people. Logical thinking and finding connections is fully capable with the common players, however it's limited by WWN's mafia meta. Which I'll explain later.

2. The level of play could be raised by a few levels if we could raise the post count. Currently mafia like Q7 are able to lurk and let the town just implode. Having more posts, more content, will pressure the mafia and will lead to them having to develop new methods of play. The low amount of posts means it's hard to get the ball rolling, we linger too long in the early phases. Simply questioning others actions, posting thoughts and list of reads on other players would start to shift the meta of WWN. Mafia would no longer be able to hide in the shadows, they would have to lie and craft their posts: something that isn't easy to do and will therefore lead to a larger chance of slips.
These slips and mess ups will become smaller as time goes on and people find out how to play active scum. However the others should also progress in their town game, people like Treed and Kir could shine at what they do best: logical thinking.

We linger too much in the first two phases, only at the end of a WWN mafia game do we start to touch the Mid Game phase.

In my eyes I see a game of mafia in four phases:
-RVS (Random Vote Stage)
-Early Game
-Mid Game
-Late Game

RVS is when we all randomly vote, ideally this should last a max of 2 pages. We however find it very hard to leave this stage and we give it too much importance. People think that people were seriously voting and act as if it is so, leading to mislynches like Hawke this game and me. Mafia control too much in this period, we need to shift our play to focus on getting out of this phase as quickly as possible.
Only then can we start to give the power of ones mind control.

Once we leave RVS we enter the Early Game, this should consist of vague suspicions and questions here and there. People NEED TO SPEAK, trying to form reads on one another however weak. This discussion forces the mafia to fabricate stuff, stuff which may contain contradictions or lies. Those in the town should try and find those and when they think they've got one, question it and pressure. This will give more info, leading to more discussion and more possibilities.
I've played on other sites now and I know it's possible to catch scum Day 1 by pure logic and looking at motivations behind posts. The problem with WWN meta is that this doesn't happen until late game, usually when town is about to loose. In these situations mafia usually wins as there simply isn't enough information to find the mafia with.

Once this discussion is underway we enter the Mid Game, now people have general thoughts thinking some are town and others are mafia. People should converse, make cases and pressure those they believe to be guilty. Any information can be used, comparing play to other games, dead role flips and just general looking for contradictions or opportunism. Think "why would he do this as town" and "why would he do this as mafia", then think which explanation is likelier.

During the end game phase other sites use this to connect the dots and kill those last mafia with logic and cases which are fool proof. We never get to this stage on WWN, due to the fact we don't interact enough.

3. We need to stop following leaders, WWN has too much of a tendency to do so and it is abused. People should be independent and striving for their own wincon, not only does this make the game more interesting for them it also, yes, gets discussion going and provides more information.

The flaws with a leader are that if they are town and wrong they are easily manipulated to mafia gain and if they are mafia and succeed town may as well already have lost. Nobody questions the leader, another thing we need to loose.

4. We need to loose our fear of claims, claims allow people to be close to confirmed town. It also allows for fake claims, which can be shot down with logic and reasoning. Claiming allows for interactions which reveal mafia and town.

We also need to stop putting the cop and doc in one setup. It makes me mad when I see it and nobody pulls of the "follow the cop" routine. It's the worlds most well known mafia breaking strategy AND WE WILLINGLY AVOID IT BENEFITING THE MAFIA. As town that's playing against your wincon.

5. We need to avoid PM's, it's anti-town always.
If everything is discussed in thread, everyone can use it find mafia. Nobody can name one situation where it's pro-town, name one and I'll show you your wrong.

6. We falsely accuse those that push and pressure of being mafia. This is a pro-mafia ideology, it basically encourages town to sit and derp around cluelessly letting the mafia hide and occasionally pull some strings.
We need to reverse it, those that try to find scum the most should be the towniest. This will place pressure instead of relaxation into the mafia's hands.

I'm going to start employing "Lynch all lurkers" in my play to start with. It may get me lynched however I hope some people see that as town they're basically handicapping themselves. I'm going to question, a lot, and encourage talk. People should find that with more interaction the game becomes more personal and enjoyable.
Like Joey's game, people loved it and it had a lot more talk than usual.
I'm not saying we should make 100 pages, I'm just saying as town people need to start talking and standing on their own legs. Screw others, I'm playing to win and I'll do what I think will achieve that. Everyone should have that mentality, then these games will become interesting.

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Also, PK.
You da MVP.

Wait, wait, wait.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:57 pm

I was the person who Satel revealed to.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:04 pm

The throws are real!

Pk, you weak American capitalist! до свидания, my faith in pk.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:17 pm

See, ML, your points would all be valid were this any other place than WWN. Weak play and silliness is quite often a conscious choice. Just look at the mafia play, and then PK's self-destruct. I knew all along that if PK was being left alive until the end, he would always do this.

We don't really want to play to win. As you said, we're all pretty smart people and we've figured out everything you've said years ago. However, we always strive to make things entertaining. Have a read at the mafia topic. They left Treed alive because of the whole fanfic. And I love them for it.

This game gets 4 stars out of 5 for being hilarious and entertaining.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:19 pm

This game needed more random lynches.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:52 pm

I should've killed myself and say I've been found out just to see if Pk would've killed me. Would've spared me the intense rage I'm having right now. If I don't have Rage in POKéMAF I'm still gonna use it.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:44 pm

By the way, there was no secret Mafia.

PK lost, and K the Angle is the actual MVP.

In all seriousness, I think deoxy was the best town player here. Kudos to HPD and PK for figuring it out before it was too late. Sven and GoD made a killer mafia pairing but they threw the game when they didn't push for either Terr or Treed.

Thoughts we can get from this game?

- Miller was a very, very irrelevant role from day one, but you guys still spent pages discussing about it. That was the whole point. Thank you, prettiest princess Kireato.
- Don't reveal roles in the spectator quicktopic.
- ...pretty much it.

I hope you guys enjoyed it.