Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - Mafia Wins (K MVP)

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Gentleman of Dread

Re: Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - Day 4!

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:58 am

HPD wrote:Are you trying to put the blame on me there? The point I was trying to make is that the mafia were trying to (and in their position rightly so!) encourage the Treed vs Terr debate. If either of them would be lynched and proven innocent, the other was likely to be next and the mafia would've won.

but yeah lynch gentleman of dread because trying to shift the focus on me now is just terrible
Alright, cool. I mean, 90% of that debate was encouraged by you, PK, Treed and Terr with only a couple of posts from me and Airnike. But that debate stopped twice when Q7 interrupted everything with what ever sock puppet shenanigans he had there. Just food for thought, I guess. I'm not gonna respond to your lynch with a lynch.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:08 am

Right-- enjoy your game buddies, you have until wednesday night.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:12 am

Lynch HPD

the only time i've talked about mafia this game in IRC has been with HPD.

the (mafia) day satel died I was in the IRC. satel popped into the IRC to chat and immediately expressed his frustrations to HPD. at that point i believe HPD made the post where he assumes everything was leaked. the whole conversation seemed very off to me, but w/e.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:59 pm

Is that me or did Q make the dumbest move ever?
My wariness about Treed seems like a stretch right now (except for , y'know, trying to still vote Terragent), so pursuing him is not an option right now. Cause my target of the moment is going to be Sven. From what I read and what I know, he's the most likely answer to the question "who da frig did Bro reveal to".

At the moment I think the Mafia remaining is GoD-Sven-pk. Still shaky about Terragent and Treed, but it seems like they're scapegoats.
Which of the three is most likely to get lynched?
lynch rusev gentleman of dread
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:00 pm

bedtime thoughts:

So right now there's 9 people. There's a group of 4 big talkers: Me, HPD, Terr, and Treed. Let's call this Group A We've been quarreling endlessly, so it's very unlikely that there's more than 1 mafia in this group (me and HPD have been working together most of this game, but if we were both mafia we screwed up big time last turn, given that our vote switch basically kept the town from disaster!). I mean it's possible that all of this fighting has been some weird double bluff, but it'd have been hardly worth it. the rest of this post, then, will assume that the mafia haven't been super awesome at pretending to be at each other's throats

so if there's 0-1 mafia in group A, that means that there's 2-3 mafia in group B, which is composed of 5 people: Deoxy, GoD, Sven, Airnike, and K. Much higher odds of hitting a mafia even with a blind lynch, which hopefully today's lynch won't be. I mean, out of that group, I trust Deoxy significantly more than the other four (though Airnike is up there too) so that would make lynching that pool have an even higher chance.

so basically we should absolutely lynch someone in that second list of people, and save lynching people in that first group of people to a last resort.

just some number theory. i'm going to wait until treed or terr posts their thoughts before throwing out a lynch... especially now that i see that airnike has posted.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:42 pm

i'm thinking g.o.d for sure, then probably sven. or maybe k, as i completely forgot they were even a player
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:07 pm

I'm starting to agree with scraggy. I suppose it's time I apologize for my short-sightedness.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:55 pm

I find myself broadly agreeing with PK's logic, though I'm not willing to put a lynch vote out yet.

Treed, you have my apologies for my extreme behaviour - I still suspect you, but I'm not going to vote for your lynching at this point. Night kills will probably not clear things up for me, since if you're scum then you're never going to die and if you're town then the mafia will probably avoid killing either of us in order to keep us at each other's throats. Right now I feel that the odds of us having both employed massively unsuccessful town strategies outweigh the odds of you being mafia - that might change in the future, of course.

No Lynch for now just to cover my arse in case I don't get a chance to post before the inactivity DQs hit.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:11 am

so, a couple of things:

Deoxy: I think she's extremely innocent looking due to starting the lynch vote on Q7. Furthermore, Deoxy tends to be blunt and to the point and she's never been one to participate in MIND GAMES so I doubt she lynched Q7 to make herself look innocent, I think she lynched him because she wanted him dead.

K the Angle: Very hard to say anything about her, though I think her extreme inactivity suggests that she's not mafia. Q7 confirmed that she is able to not only view WWN but post through her phone, which suggests then that if she was really interested in posting she would be able to. A mafia would be more interested in what's going on to at least a certain degree. The other clue we got is that she was trying to mess with Q7 early on, and Q7 did that weird post I guess with the intention of persuading her to vote with him (though it backfired horribly due to general creepiness), I just don't see Q7 and K's interactions being like they were if they were both mafia. That's about all we have on her, but it's enough to be real suggesting.

In that case, shooting at GoD, Airnike, or Sven is very likely to succeed, especially because Airnike himself seems somewhat innocent, though he could also be a rather lucky mafia (unlike Deoxy, I know he is happy to participate in MIND GAMES). I think it's a bit of a crapshoot at this point, but I think GoD or Sven lynches have the maximum chance of success. So, in the interests of helping to move the day along, I think lynch GoD is acceptable.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 am

Vote Tally

Gentleman of Dread - 3 (scraggypunk, HPD, airnike)
HPD - 1 (Sven)
No Lynch - 1 (Terragent)

Haven't voted: pkdragon, Treedweller, K the angle, Gentleman of Dread

Majority is five.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:34 am

yeah i just voted but i know it was hard to see so i'll vote again

lynch gentleman of dread

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:40 am

Vote Tally

Gentleman of Dread - 4 (scraggypunk, HPD, airnike, pkdragon)
HPD - 1 (Sven)
No Lynch - 1 (Terragent)

Haven't voted: Treedweller, K the angle, Gentleman of Dread

Majority is five.

(I don't want to DQ anyone because it's just been a day, so if this day ends soon, the three of you who haven't voted, please make sure to vote the next day phase. I won't tolerate it twice in a row)

K The Angle

Post by K The Angle » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Lynch Gentleman of Dread

Can't really say anything others haven't already said. This is our best bet and I'm going with it.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:31 pm

Stop!

It's hammer time.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Pkdragon wrote:Deoxy: I think she's extremely innocent looking due to starting the lynch vote on Q7. Furthermore, Deoxy tends to be blunt and to the point and she's never been one to participate in MIND GAMES so I doubt she lynched Q7 to make herself look innocent, I think she lynched him because she wanted him dead.
That's Deoxy, man. We can safely assume that she's not mafia at this point. If she's actually mafia, it can be assumed that she's quick to bus scummates. More odds on her not being Mafia due to her general behaviour (come to think of it, how many times has she actually been Mafia?).
Pkdragon wrote:K the Angle: Very hard to say anything about her, though I think her extreme inactivity suggests that she's not mafia. Q7 confirmed that she is able to not only view WWN but post through her phone, which suggests then that if she was really interested in posting she would be able to. A mafia would be more interested in what's going on to at least a certain degree. The other clue we got is that she was trying to mess with Q7 early on, and Q7 did that weird post I guess with the intention of persuading her to vote with him (though it backfired horribly due to general creepiness), I just don't see Q7 and K's interactions being like they were if they were both mafia. That's about all we have on her, but it's enough to be real suggesting.
Same. I don't think K is mafia due to this sort of stuff. The Q hijack is only further proof.
Pkdragon wrote:In that case, shooting at GoD, Airnike, or Sven is very likely to succeed, especially because Airnike himself seems somewhat innocent, though he could also be a rather lucky mafia (unlike Deoxy, I know he is happy to participate in MIND GAMES). I think it's a bit of a crapshoot at this point, but I think GoD or Sven lynches have the maximum chance of success. So, in the interests of helping to move the day along, I think lynch GoD is acceptable.
See, here we're having one problem. While so far you don't seem threatening to me, we have the common shortcoming of needing shoes to fill in our hypothetical scum-teams. I'm willing to trust that you're not mafia and we're having this one common problem that we're trusting everyone else more than each other.... Which means Treedweller, HPD, K or Terragent must be laughing their weak capitalist ass off at us doing the exact same thing except we're suspecting each other. Food for thought, friend.

Also, if I "seem" innocent, I'll say that it is it's because I am. Easy to say for everybody, so make of that what you will.
If I am not, you can leave going after me to later, when everything tells out loud that I'm mafia; because, if I am to trust what Narts told me, my pokerface is horrible.
This is the best I can do to appeal to you at the moment, and I will not put further effort into it.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:41 pm

I guess the best argument for that Deoxy is not mafia is that the game is at day four without any actual leaks of mafia names.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Gentleman of Dread was lynched. He was Vanilla Mafia!

One-two punch by the town, it's time to hit back mafiosi!

scraggypunk

Re: Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - Night 4!

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:13 am

B)
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - Day 5!

Post by Linkman » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:01 am

HPD was killed by the Mafia. He was Vanilla Town!

Live players:
2. treeds
8. PKs
10. Airnikez
11. Kookz
13. Svenners
14. Terrz
15. scoobypunks

Exiled to Siberia:
6. ladders (Vanilla Town)
1. draggs (Inspector)
3. hawkes (Vanilla Town)
7. Satels (Doctor)
9. Qbs (Vanilla Mafia)
12. Kir-3PO (Miller)
4. gentlemanz (Vanilla Mafia)
5. hpdz (Vanilla Town)

Seven players, two mafia, four is majority, go!

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:03 am

Called it.

Do it town, I don't wanna have a worse win rate than GoD, please!
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:28 am

So, me and HPD were scheming a bit yesterday, basically trying to get a backup plan going in case we lynched the wrong person. The idea was to exchange lists and then when one of us died, the other could post it. My thoughts were, if we mislynched GoD then we'd have a list from a confirmed town to go off of, which would not be foolproof, but at least would be immune to mafia meddling (which is a HUGE problem if we mislynch once.) Ideally we were also going to send these to Terragent to confirm but the day ended quickly and the night ended quicker, so all you have is my word (and the fact that I don't agree 100% with HPD's lynch list so if i was making this up i screwed up)
HPD wrote:Looks like GoD is over and done with.

Whoever is mafia, they seem quite content at bussing their fellow members. They have to, though.

Or GoD turns out not to be mafia and then all we thought is wrong. But I don't think so.

Anyway, it's a reasonable assumption that either you, me, or Deoxy is gonna kick the bucket. We're the least suspicious of the bunch. If Deoxy dies, it might mean that somehow you and me got something wrong along the way, though. I think it's likelier they'd kill a high-profile target if they're right on the money.

Or, yeah, the kill is sort of a bluff to make us think that. But usually they're not that creative.

My list, though I don't think it's going to help you in any way (likeliest to least likely mafia):
Sven
Treed
K
Airnike
Terr
Deoxy
PK
HPD
So there you have it. Last words from a confirmed town, for what it's worth (not much at this point, but might be useful if we mislynch again). Personally, K was much lower on my list, Treed was a bit lower, and Airnike was a bit higher (though my paranoia can only go so far, your last post actually echo'd my thoughts pretty well, especially the last bit which basically covered what I wasn't saying. )

RIP HPD we will try our best to avenge you.

anyway i'm going to open up with a lynch sven because me, hpd, and deoxy all seem to be in agreement that he was next suspicious after GoD. i'll do my best to address your concern about "needing shoes to fill in our scum-teams", airnike, but tl;dr i think the third mafia is either you or treed, and after that last post (since it did echo my thoughts pretty well), i'm really leaning towards treed.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:38 am

RIP HPD

I'm willing to trust HPD and knock you right out of my list, pk.

There's only two Mafia left, and we've more or less confirmed one: lynch Sven
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:21 am

And here I was, worried that the mafia would have a clean sweep this game. Now two are dead, and everyone seems to be on a roll. Now DONT fudge IT UP.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:35 am

agreedo
lynch sven
wisdom

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:20 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:And here I was, worried that the mafia would have a clean sweep this game. Now two are dead, and everyone seems to be on a roll. Now DONT fudge IT UP.

confirmed sven is mafia

lynch sven again for linky's convenience (i hid the last lynch in a block of text, again)

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:22 am

sven didn't even catch up and he's one vote from dying

lol
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:42 am

Dead people need to stop talking.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:45 am

Kireato wrote:Dead people need to stop talking.
*pokes*

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:18 am

they really do

especially Hawke. if i'm mafia i think i'm going to make a special point of not killing him b/c he just can't keep his mouth shut

also blargh dead but that was completely expected
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:33 am

HPD wrote: they really do

especially Hawke. if i'm mafia i think i'm going to make a special point of not killing him b/c he just can't keep his mouth shut
confirmed "confirmed sven is mafia"

guys we got dis

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:41 am

for the record Linky did not yet reveal to me

i don't know anything

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:58 am

Pkdragon wrote:
hawkesnightmare wrote:And here I was, worried that the mafia would have a clean sweep this game. Now two are dead, and everyone seems to be on a roll. Now DONT fudge IT UP.

confirmed sven is mafia

lynch sven again for linky's convenience (i hid the last lynch in a block of text, again)
I didn't say one way or another who is mafia or who is innocent. I only meant that two mafia in a row have been lynched. You're reading too much into the deadtalk. My deadtalk at least.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

K The Angle

Post by K The Angle » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:23 am

Lynch Sven

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:31 am

You guys, Sven is so mafia it isn't even funny. And I'm sure that our last mafia is K or Airnike.

Lynch Sven.

Sorry I missed the last day phase, but whatevs, it didn't even matter.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:11 am

Sven was lynched! He was the Mafia Godfather!

Mafia send in your night action!

Sven

Re: Mafia 42: Harsh times in Mother Russia - Night 5!

Post by Sven » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:11 am

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:11 pm

there's even more mafia? huh

also: B)
wisdom

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:32 pm

That's... a lot to happen between going to bed and waking up. A night phase and a lynch majority just like that!

Also lol how the mafia finally wised up and offed HPD about three night phases too late.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:04 pm

You know, mafia, there's no shame in giving up. No need to continue this farce =3

something something soviet mercy etc

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:07 pm

AKA fed to the bears? GLORY TO THE BEAR.