POKéMAF: Gotta kill'em all! - GAME ENDED

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Satel

POKéMAF: Gotta kill'em all! - GAME ENDED

Post by Satel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:33 am

Welcome to the fantastic world of POKéMON!

I am Profess- no. I am Mewtwo! People call me the strongest of all POKéMON. As such, I am only allowed to fight in the Über tier, where the strongest only thrive. Sadly, a certain few are not in their greatest shape in this metagame. Four of them saw fit to go down to the OverUsed tier this evening, probably because, sick of losing to me, they want to bully around those weaker than them. How low.

I could tell you who they are, but you're OverUsed. The n°1 competitive tier. You should be able to figure it out by yourself. Of course, there are also rumors about other Übers coming down to help you kick those rebels back up to Übers. Sadly, in the uproar, some of you OverUsed will be sent up here as well... maybe. Suspect testing tends to be messy.

Well now, it's up to you, for I return to my home!

Mewtwo has been sent to Übers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night arrives, bringing with it a raging sandstorm.

Night 0 starts. No mafia attack can be declared, but you can buy one item and do your EV training, via PMs. Night Actions can actually also be taken, excuse the early mess-up.

Item List:
Expert Belt (Powers up super-effective moves) - Leftovers (Nightly recovery) - Life Orb (Power-up, but gives recoil to attacks) - Metronome (Powers up an attack if used several times in a row) - Muscle Band (Powers up physical attacks) - Shell Bell (Recovery on hit) - Wise Glasses (Powers up special attacks)
Apicot Berry (Grants SpD when low on health) - Enigma Berry (Recovers from a non-lethal super-effective hit) - Eject Button (Avoids a KO but self-blocks this night) - Focus Sash (First lethal hit leaves you with 1HP) - Ganlon Berry (Grants Def when low on health) - Kee Berry (Grants Def when hit by a physical move) - Liechi Berry (Grants Atk when low on health) - Maranga Berry (Grants SpD when hit by a special move) - Petaya Berry (Grants SpD when low on health) - Power Herb (Skips a recharge turn) - Red Card (First person who attacks you can't attack next day phase) - Sitrus Berry (Recovery when low on health) - Weakness Policy (Grants Atk and SpA when hit by a super-effective move)

EV Training:
You have 200 points to invest in Attack (Atk), Defense (Def), Special Attack (SpA) or Special Defense (SpD).
You may only invest up to 100 points into a single stat.

Time to set up, everybody!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alive players:
1- Airnike 100%
2- Alecat 100%
3- Dragonite 100%
4- GoD 100%
5- Hawkes 100%
6- HPD 100%
7- K 100%
8- Kir 100%
9- Lad 100%
10- Linky 100%
11- pk 12%
12- Q 100%
13- Sven 100% +1 Attack! (Power Herb consumed)
14- Terragent 100%
Last edited by Satel on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Re: POKéMAF: Gotta kill'em all! - Night 0

Post by Dragonite » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:19 am

Yes, I'm going to need a night's sleep to make sense of all this indeed. Impressed at the detail. Did you all create this, or did you improve on a format?

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:21 am

My first guess would be that it is a tweaked format, but I don't want to underestimate Satel's creativity.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:29 am

if anyone has any moves that would be broken as fudge if two people had them pls contact me

you don't need to tell me what you are or if youre mafia i really don't care just show me your moves
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:58 am

Pkdragon wrote:show me your moves
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Satel I really want to change my avatar to my Pokemon.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Dragonite wrote:Yes, I'm going to need a night's sleep to make sense of all this indeed. Impressed at the detail. Did you all create this, or did you improve on a format?
hawkesnightmare wrote:My first guess would be that it is a tweaked format, but I don't want to underestimate Satel's creativity.
You guys, Bro did that from scratch and I can assure you.

Waiting for the dust to settle.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:06 pm

I pretty much made it from scratch, yes, just taking inspiration from POKéMON battles and Mafia games.

@Linkman: It's akin to roleclaiming. Do at your own risk.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:18 pm

Pkdragon wrote:show me your moves
OK, attack me and I'll move you so hard you're not even going to keep playing this game. :)
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:44 am

I wonder how this will play out. Unlike lynch votes, pokemon attacks aren't equal, and will vary in effectiveness depending on the user and the target. Another point of difference would be that lynch votes are reset when the day starts whereas the damage done by a pokemon attack will persist and accumulate. I wonder how this will change our strategies.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:59 am

Kireato wrote:I wonder how this will play out. Unlike lynch votes, pokemon attacks aren't equal, and will vary in effectiveness depending on the user and the target. Another point of difference would be that lynch votes are reset when the day starts whereas the damage done by a pokemon attack will persist and accumulate. I wonder how this will change our strategies.
A lot more "vote" analysis.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:11 am

Satel I'm sorry to ask but could you do sort of a "quick-start" guide? Basically a bulleted list of how night phases go, how day phases go, what are the actual teams and win conditions?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:14 am

It's very much a regular game. Night actions are simultaneous and happen before the mafia's night attacks. Day phase is really the usual thing except you have to designate your attacks.

The teams are just the OverUsed (Townies) and the Übers (Mafia).

I'm perplexed as to why people find this so complicated, but at the start of each phase I will be telling people what to do.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:18 am

Well I really don't see how my attacks work.

Like, if I go "Splash at MysteriousLad", is that equivalent to Lynch MysteriousLad? Or does it do 10 HP damage to MysteriousLad and if his HP reaches 0 he is lynched? How is damage calculated?

Is there an inspector, or doctor equivalent?

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:24 am

Attacks are handled like in POKéMON, all attacks occur when everyone has cast an attack or someone faints. I intended on describing that at the start of day phase 1.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:24 am

Also how exactly are we supposed to keep our identities secret while performing attacks? Like, if I go "Water Gun at Sven" it should be pretty clear I'm a water type. Or is day voting secret?

I don't want to bring the game down (honest!), the reason I'm asking is because I do want to play well.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:27 am

Attacks will be one of the things that can give you away. Day voting is public, because otherwise it's just another night phase and people can't really play together if day voting is secret.

EDIT: Everybody, you have 27 hours left.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:34 am

Squirtle Squirtle!

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:43 am

*giggles*
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:01 am

I'm still waiting for a few night actions. The deadline is in 23 hours and 30 minutes. Be sure to send your night actions before this point.

st3rn fudge st3rn

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:18 am

MysteriousLad wrote:*giggles*
It seems K has figured out what ML's password is.

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:34 am

Maybe it's Dragonite aka MysteriousLass?

No, really, everyone has sent me what's needed except hawkes and pk's night actions.

You have 4 hours and 50 minutes or so before your night action is skipped.

Dammit. I hoped I could do this ias soon as I was waking up from my afternoon nap...

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:11 am

woops i thought i sent you my night action, sorry about that.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:23 am

I did send you my night action you dingus.

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:25 am

Forgot to note it. Oh well, better safe than sorry. Night Phase ends.

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: POKéMAF: Gotta kill'em all! - Day 1

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:42 am

So now what?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:45 am

The sun rises, still masked by the raging Sandstorm harassing the OverUsed ladder.

POKéMON have made their business and trained for the night, and wake up ready and eager to kick the Übers back upstairs, where they belong.

1- Airnike 100%
2- Alecat 100%
3- Dragonite 100%
4- GoD 100%
5- Hawkes 100%
6- HPD 100%
7- K 100%
8- Kir 100%
9- Lad 100%
10- Linky 100%
11- pk 43%
12- Q 100%
13- Sven 100%
14- Terragent 100%

Hit it, townies!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the day phase, declare an attack and who you direct it at.

When a POKéMON faints or all attacks are declared, the day ends and all attacks occur.

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:49 am

lol pk what the hell happened to you?

But uhhm, is any attack we make final, or can we change votes? Or can we target players first and attacks later, or the other way around?

I have a feeling that the first person to attack someone is going to be gangbanged by everyone else.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:50 am

Both have to be done at the same time, and yes, you can change as long as the day isn't over.

EDIT: Basically it's like a regular Mafia day phase except some lynch votes are more efficient than others.
Last edited by Satel on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:53 am

Hyper Beam at HPD.

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:55 am

Linkman's Hyper Beam is not a valid entry.

Subsequent false attacks will be signaled by the same red posts.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:55 am

Naw for real though, I can attack multiple users at once:

Earthquake at Everyone

(I'm UberSquirtle)

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:55 am

aw Satel you're such a buzzkill

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:56 am

But the day ends as soon as everyone attacked? That puts a LOT of power in the hands of whoever attacks last.

Isn't there something like a couple hours of review time after everyone voted to change their votes in? At least that would give sort of a set point at which we know the day will end.

And what do you mean that the day ends when a pokemon faints? How does that even work?

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:56 am

Linkman's Earthquake is not a valid entry.

Oops, did I forget to specify you couldn't use moves you do not know?

st3rn fudge st3rn

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:57 am

If attacks are enough to KO a POKéMON, it is immediately KO'd and day ends.

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:58 am

Satel wrote:If attacks are enough to KO a POKéMON, it is immediately KO'd and day ends.
oh ok fair enough

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:59 am

Uh

So joke lynch votes might actually end the day phase.

Don't Hyper Beam at HPD people

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:00 am

That said, pay very much attention to what attacks you are sending where. A KO can happen really fast.

See PK's life? Only one thing hurt him.

EDIT: Linky, attacks that I redposted as invalid entries do not count.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:01 am

I know, but if you happen to be a Tauros or a Dragonite, like, be careful with your Hyper Beams. Those things kill!