Cop Mafia: GAME OVER -- MAFIA "WINS"

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

MysteriousLad

Re: Cop Mafia: DAY TWO

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:08 am

Lynch Hawkes
So someones claimed a guilty on him. It would be nice if they hammered.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:57 am

MysteriousLad wrote:So someones claimed a guilty on him. It would be nice if they hammered.
No one said anything about me being guilty during this last night. How would you know that, I wonder?

Someone knocked me the fudge out last night. I didn't get my night action results, and I can't do my night action the next night either, if I live through today.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:13 am

Wherefore, O judges, be of good cheer about death, and know of a certainty,
that no evil can happen to a good man, either in life or after death. He
and his are not neglected by the gods; nor has my own approaching end
happened by mere chance. But I see clearly that the time had arrived when
it was better for me to die and be released from trouble; wherefore the
oracle gave no sign. For which reason, also, I am not angry with my
condemners, or with my accusers; they have done me no harm, although they
did not mean to do me any good; and for this I may gently blame them.

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die, and you to
live. Which is better God only knows.

super cop out
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:21 am

Okay, I lied about my "I die if I target scum thing".
I'm the investigator. Basically I can choose to inspect someone's alignment, or injure them and get their PM. I targeted you Night 0 as you (*sorry*) tend to be mislynch bait. Hence I vote parked on you all day.
Tonight I injured you and this is your role:

You are the Jock Cop. You think your the best cop in the world and have a 6-pack plus muscles.
You show up as town by investigations by the monster detective, whoever that may be and you target gets double vote parked and others take one more to lynch if they targeted mafia that night. You also recieve their the name of who they visited.
Of cause I targeted mafia as I targeted you. No idea what Satel's alignment is.

I do know you're scum. And you're role is horribly powerful.

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:24 am

My fake-claim obviously made scum not consider me as the NK.
Which is good.

Wait, wait, wait.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:11 am

*snip*

EDIT: wait, something isn't right. I don't get to [REDACTED] Is it possible that mafia members can select two names, and if an investigator looks at them, their role descriptions get mushed together? Or Maybe ML is a scum who gets an approximation of my role and then cleverly called me on it to see which parts are true and which are false. Snipping it until I can think about it some more.
Last edited by hawkesnightmare on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:17 am

Don't expect the answer until tomorrow, hawkes. Brother's off for the night.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:13 am

well then i vote we break some bread

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:53 am

lynch Mysterious Lad

Sorry, but you're not convincing. You can injure AND get the full list of what people do as well as their alignment? And you admit you've already lied once about your role. I don't like it one bit. Plus, jumping on someone who only requires two votes to lynch is a dick move, even if you think you got the right answer in a game where the creator said will be full of misinformation.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:15 am

Just in case nobody noticed, you HAVE to lynch someone today, and it HAS to be a mafia member, otherwise they win. Right now, the mafia are at a terrible advantage, with me being one vote away from death. I cannot vote for myself due to my injuries, but I implore you all to vote against MysteriousLad. Both his actions today and my investigation results from the night before last indicate that he is not a good person.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:27 am

lynch mysteriouslad

Yeah, I'm not buying this. Like Hawke said, your combination of abilities is highly improbable for a townie. Injury is more sketchy then what Hawke is able to do. Your gambit makes little sense to me either.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:31 am

Lynch ML Lying in mafia games is something that shouldn't be tolerated

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am

XD GoD, riiight

But seriously, look at the roles we know:

Hawkes- double votes but gets locked into voting
HPD- shows everyone the result of his investigation, whether it's right or wrong.
Sven- can only verify whether someone's alignment has been changed.

ML is claiming he can tell peoples alignment, injure people, and get their ability names and roles. That's not just stronger than the other roles, it's 3 times stronger than the other roles.

Plus, shutting people down during the voting phase is a very mafia thing to do, not so much town.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:14 am

LISTEN I'M STILL MAD I MISSED THE FACT IT WAS NIGHT PHASE

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:31 am

Pkdragon wrote:Plus, shutting people down during the voting phase is a very mafia thing to do, not so much town.
Also, I can't do my night action the next night either. So by tomorrow's day phase, I'll have missed two night actions and a vote.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Pkdragon wrote:
As QQQQQQQ7777777, K The Angle, Sven and Gentleman of Dread did not act last night, they receive a Warning and take one less vote to be lynched, aka 4.
sven is still alive despite being lynched??

fantastic
Sorry, the fact that I copypasted default logs made me still count Sven, which is stuped.

Which leads me to recalculate the vote tally.
  • Vote tally:
  • Dragonite: 0
  • Satel: 0
  • MysteriousLad: 2 (50%):Dragonite, Gentleman of Dread
  • Hawkesnightmare: 1 (50%): MysteriousLad 1 LEFT TO LYNCH
  • Q: 0
  • K: 0
  • pkdragon: 0
  • Gentleman of Dread: 0
  • Linkman: 0
With 9 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
As QQQQQQQ7777777, K The Angle and Gentleman of Dread didn't act last night, they take 3 votes to be lynched.
As Hawkesnightmare was injured, he takes half the necessary votes to be lynched, aka 2.

Also, as Hawkesnightmare has mentioned, you need to lynch right today, otherwise the Mafia wins.
Last edited by Airnike on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:23 pm

I would like to point out that I have noticed HPD logged on at least twice in the past ten hours. No activity in the thread to show for it.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:26 pm

Mostly because, you know... he's dead.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Supercop is love. Supercop is life. Supercop is always with us.

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:01 pm

My power was out, and now you tell me I could have enjoyed host approved zombie status? crumpets

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:05 pm

Airnike wrote:Mostly because, you know... he's dead.
:(
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:12 pm

*mourns*

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Might I ask, why is Hawkesni injured?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Like, I could totally kill him right now couldn't I?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Someone injured him.
Who? Someone. Maybe himself, maybe the Mafia, or maybe someone else.

I would say it's me because, well, who's applying the rules? ;)

Also, reaching majority doesn't end the day phase. This is a balancing counteraction to the quickhammers.
I need to precise that:
- If two people have the same vote percentage under 100% at the end of a day phase, they both get lynched.
- Anyone above 100% gets lynched at day end regardless of anyone with higher percentages.
- If someone takes 0 votes to get lynched, they have infinite % of the votes required to get lynched, so they instantly commit suicide at the beginning of the day. This can only happen through extended warnings or one ability that decreases the flat amount of votes needed to lynch, because halving the amount of votes required doesn't make the required amounts go under 1 ever.
Last edited by Airnike on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:41 pm

uh so what happens in ties?

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:50 pm

lynch MysteriousLad

I've had enough of your crumpets. Involving other people in your wonky schemes is never going to help neither you nor them. Plus you've lied and admitted it, but even then it's only part of it, because your current claim just cannot be right. Plus the way you're acting like you know everything is very fitting for a mafioso.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're not town.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:05 am

• Vote tally:
  • MysteriousLad: 3 (75%):Dragonite, Gentleman of Dread, Satel 1 LEFT TO LYNCH
As QQQQQQQ7777777, K The Angle and Gentleman of Dread didn't act last night, they take 3 votes to be lynched.
As Hawkesnightmare was injured, he takes half the necessary votes to be lynched, aka 2.

If it goes as is to next night, MysteriousLad will be lynched.
Last edited by Airnike on Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:58 am

Laddie why don't you make a case for yourself and maybe we can turn this thing into an actual game of mafia.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:28 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:I would like to point out that I have noticed HPD logged on at least twice in the past ten hours. No activity in the thread to show for it.
I wrote this at 3am, so my neglecting HPD's death was due to not having sleep.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:45 am

Can we get a countdown until nighttime?

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:50 am

It would be around 8pm tomorrow night. Which means you have 20 hours and 40 minutes, countdown starting now.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:31 pm

I can't really defend myself from "this is crumpets".
I've pinged guilty on hawke, you saw the awkward way he reacted:
Alright. You and I both know that I'm not a bad person. Either I've been framed, or your abilities are being messed with. Or, if you are the Monster Cop, then it would explain why it said what it did. But you do know that I am good. Yeah, my role is a little OP, but it's not gamebreaking since I'm not part of the minority scum. The mafia probably have a couple roles that scramble investigations against themselves, and we know for sure that there are townies who will show up as scum. So what gives? Why vote against me?
This adds to that^

I've basically given up as nothing will change and we loose in my lynch, I've been pursuing hawke since day so *shrug*

Wait, wait, wait.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:48 pm

I sent that back when I thought ML was good, but misguided or fooled. I hadn't fully thought out all of the possible implications of what he said in his "I lied" post.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Lynch Mysteriouslad
Whatever, we've lost.

Wait, wait, wait.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Day will be ending perhaps a bit earlier than expected.
Also, did I mention voting yourself is stupid and will never be taken into account?
  • Vote tally:
  • MysteriousLad: 3 (75%):Dragonite, Gentleman of Dread, Satel 1 LEFT TO LYNCH

Yes, the tally didn't change, but I need you guys to understand voting yourself doesn't work.
Last edited by Airnike on Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:05 pm

About time somebody made that official...

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:27 pm

Lunch with Linkman.

Alright maggots LISTEN UP

I have no idea what the hell is happening in this game. My cop ability is retarded and none of yours seem to be much better. Now could any of the so-called mysterious cops make a god damned case for either Hawkesnightmare or MysteriousLad?

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:27 pm

Or is this just circlejerk mafia?

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:54 pm

MysteriousLad has admittedly lied and used poor logic some might qualify as troll logic to force people on his side, plus Hawkes had him on a guilty ping. Plus he messaged me to follow his plan to get Hawkes lynched much like his usual plans of rallying a maximum of players via confusing or threatening to lynch them in return. Also, his claim is completely fake, so obviously in fact that it immediately got him two votes. He just plain deserves to die at this point.

On the other hand, Hawkes is obviously a mafia target, since he got roleblocked. Nothing is more of a town tell than that. Note that the Lad is the only person voting Hawkes.

It would be great if cops could at least try to use their results instead of just sticking to their corner.

st3rn fudge st3rn