Cop Mafia: GAME OVER -- MAFIA "WINS"

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Cop Mafia: DAY THREE

Postby Linkman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:00 am

Lynch Q. I don't want to die.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Satel

Postby Satel » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:26 am

Then I guess I will. Despite her silence, K isn't a priority target.

lynch Linkman
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:35 am

Yeah, it's really hard to justify a lynch against K right now.

So right now I have to pick from Q or Linky. Someone has to die today, and Airnike has proven himself to be quick with ending phases, so we can't delay any longer.

Linkman has been defending the only confirmed mafia and trying to discredit that lynch. Q7 was inactive (for reasons that MAY be out of his control, but bro you need to inform us when you're going to be gone) and suggested that K's role is "Sanic Cop".

Anyway I'm going to say lynch Linkman.

He's the only one here that's been actively working against the town, whether he knew it or not. I'm not going to overthink it any more than that, because whenever I do things go wrong. (ps linky sorry about this : ( but it's not fair if i let other factors influence my vote and im trying to play fair this game)

just going to point out that you guys let pk cast the deciding vote lmao
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Airnike

Postby Airnike » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:37 am

Day ends.

Vote tally:
  • Dragonite: 0
  • Satel: 0
  • Q: 2 (66%): Dragonite, Linkman
  • K: 0
  • pkdragon: 0
  • Gentleman of Dread: 0
  • Linkman: 3 (100%): Gentleman of Dread, Satel, pkdragon

Linkman was lynched. He was the Framer. I don't have the flavor text handy atm. Deal with it.

Night 3 starts now.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Postby hawkesnightmare » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:43 am

Hawke's Ghost wrote:This whole game, the town has been on the brink of losing. Somehow, it has held on long enough to lynch two mafia in a row with fairly little resistance or useless banter. Tonight, a pivotal role will die, and the town's chances of success with it.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby Linkman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:50 am

Pkdragon wrote:(ps linky sorry about this : ( but it's not fair if i let other factors influence my vote and im trying to play fair this game)

Bro don't even mention it, you da best.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Airnike

Postby Airnike » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Please, hawkes.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Postby Satel » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:40 pm

I know I'm not the best one to say it, but deadposting, to say something that could be considered useful, is questionable at best.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby Linkman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:46 pm

Classic hawkes deadposting breaks the game.

Sven

Postby Sven » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:10 pm

hawkes was a civilian no?

dead civs can basically say whatever they want lol.

Satel

Postby Satel » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:25 pm

There's a role that does that for a reason.

Dead people shouldn't talk.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Postby Sven » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:08 am

idk when it's done properly dead people talking basically keep a crumpets mafia game alive and kicking

this one is fine but in the past it's been needed during particularly long nights and stuff.

hawkesnightmare

Postby hawkesnightmare » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:09 am

Jesus Christ people. It was flavor. I know nothing. For all I know, the mafia could kill someone completely useless.

No one seems to understand that my deadposts mean literally nothing. I do not gain information just because I've died.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:28 am

It's quite ironic you do manage to come across more trustworthy when you're dead for some reason.

Airnike

Re: Cop Mafia: NIGHT THREE AND DAY FOUR START

Postby Airnike » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:11 am

I actualized the opening message to acknowledge Linkman's death.

I was off so I wasn't at the best of my mod performance. Linkman's death message will not be changed due to the fact that you know what a Framer does and Linky was no different. Suck it flavour.

You have one day.

EDIT: No you don't. With all dem night actions sent, Day 4 will start soon.

Vesperville woke up again... 72 hours has passed, and a trail of both red-marked and blue-marked corpses was adorning the investigation center's dead body storage.
This morning, one more chap would be joining them... Vesperville's darkest hour has been lasting for about 50 times the time it should've lasted. Nerves were already past the moment they flared up. Most people were in the depressive fatalism stage.
Will the crusade against the Mafia take Vesperville with it? Or will it just not succeed at all..?

Gentleman of Dread was killed.
He was the Corporate Cop. A real, high-class Cop. He investigated with gold uniform, golden camera, golden baton, golden everything. He wasn't gonna stoop so low as investigating low-life, dirt-poor goons!
Each night, he could pick a target and receive their alignment. Except he couldn't investigate the Monster Detective, the Fastest Cop Alive, the Cat Cop or the Roleblocker.

Vote tally:
  1. Dragonite: 0
  2. Satel: 0
  3. Q: 0
  4. K: 0
  5. pkdragon: 0
With 5 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. For the third day in a row, if you lynch wrong, you lose.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Airnike

Re: Cop Mafia: GAME END

Postby Airnike » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:42 am

Double-posting because accidental reveal (read: the complete Corporate Cop role discrimination) blew the game.

I can't fudge believe it. The game was so good. Ô I loved it.
    Notes:
  1. The Cat Cop, Jock Cop and Mafia Investigator power roles were once again too polarizing.
  2. The Corporate Cop was just a nerfed Cop because I couldn't afford a last-minute entrant to be a game-breaker. Turns out he still was, and it's all my fault.
  3. The Defender Cop was a cool role I think, but he's twice as unlikely to get anything done as the framer is.
  4. MysteriousLad and Linkman were bussed, meaning the Mafia were in COMPLETE CONTROL of the game. I thus give them the win.
  5. The game lacked a Godfather counter. A Cop with the ability to see through the Godfather was taken out of the lineup, maybe he should've been back.

All players:
  1. Dragonite was the Roleblocker.
  2. HPD was the Paparazzi Cop. You guys seem to prefer Super Cop.
  3. Satel was the Godfather.
  4. MysteriousLad was the Investigator.
  5. Hawkesnightmare was the Jock Cop.
  6. Q was the Cat Cop. Each night, instead of investigating someone, he would follow someone. If a Cop he followed got a guilty ping, he could kill said guilty ping anytime during the next day without ending it.
  7. K was the Fastest Cop Alive. Despite the name, she didn't actually have action priority, but she was immune to being roleblocked.
  8. pkdragon was the Monster Detective. He appeared guilty on investigation to everyone. Each night, he could investigate someone and get their alignment, but the Jock Cop would always return guilty to him.
  9. Sven was the Defender Cop.
  10. Gentleman of Dread was the Corporate Cop
  11. Linkman was the Framer.
Link to the Mafia QuickTopic mounted by Satel because I couldn't make one. You guys should've realized from the amount of communication xD Satel and Dragonite did take a few actions to skype though, so the records are faulty.

LOG:
Night Zero:
Dragonite roleblocks pkdragon.
Linkman frames Sven.
MysteriousLad investigates Sven. The Mafia gets Sven's Role PM. I lol.
K investigates Hawkesnightmare. Hawkes returns clean.
HPD investigates Sven. Sven returns guilty. I lol because framed.
Hawkesnightmare investigates MysteriousLad. MysteriousLad returns guilty, leading Hawkesnightmare to be forced into double-voting for him the next day, with all the riffraff that came with being the Jock.
Gentleman of Dread investigates Sven. Sven returns guilty.
pkdragon investigates Sven. He gets punched in the face by Dragonite.
Sven investigates MysteriousLad. Mysterious Lad returns negative. He appeared guilty because he was just mafia.
Q follows K. K leads him to hawkesnightmare who pinged clean.

Day One:
Super Cop announces "Sven is guilty".
Sven is lynched.
Night One:
Dragonite (Roleblocker) roleblocks Hawkesnightmare.
Linkman (Framer) frames HPD.
MysteriousLad (Investigator) investigates Hawkesnightmare.
K (Fastest Cop) investigates none. She gets a penalty.
HPD (Paparazzi Cop) investigates GoD. GoD returns clean.
Hawkesnightmare (Jock Cop) investigates Dragonite. He gets punched in the face AND tazered for his trouble. I lol again.
Gentleman of Dread (Corporate Cop) investigates none. He gets a penalty
pkdragon (Monster Cop) investigates K.
Sven (Defender Cop) investigates none. See where the error comes from guys?
Q (Cat Cop) follows none. He gets a penalty.
The Mafia kills HPD.

Day Two:
HPD dead, Super Cop can't announce anything anymore.
Hawkesnightmare is injured.
MysteriousLad is lynched.
Night Two:
Dragonite (Roleblocker) roleblocks pkdragon.
Linkman (Framer) frames QQQQQQQ7777777.
K (Fastest Cop) investigates none.
Hawkesnightmare (Jock Cop) is still injured. I lol at the Mafia's effort to keep the Jock shut down.
Gentleman of Dread (Corporate Cop) investigates Satel. Satel pings clean. I lolgodfather and realize I forgot to put in a hard counter to the role. Crap.
pkdragon (Monster Cop) investigates Linkman. But no, because Dragonite punches him in the face.
Q (Cat Cop) follows none.
The Mafia kills Hawkesnightmare. I lol some more.

Day Three:
Linkman gets lynched bussed for no reason trolled.
Night Three:
Dragonite (Roleblocker) roleblocks Q.
K (Fastest Cop) investigates pkdragon. Pkdragon returns guilty.
Gentleman of Dread (Corporate Cop) investigates Dragonite. But no, cause he can't investigate the Roleblocker.
pkdragon (Monster Cop) investigates Q. Q pings clean.
Q (Cat Cop) follows K. But gets punted before. (Thank God, otherwise he could've killed miller pk thus making the mafia win!)
The Mafia kills Gentleman of Dread.

Day Four:
I fudge up. GG.
Last edited by Airnike on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Re: Cop Mafia: GAME OVER -- MAFIA "WINS"

Postby hawkesnightmare » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:46 am

Told ya an important person would die. Little did I know, the host would be the one who would blow the game and make everyone lose.

Satel

Postby Satel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:48 am

He made everyone lose because he revealed who GoD couldn't investigate and lategame, it's just a terror to have more roles revealed.

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:51 am

this thing was broken from the start
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Postby Satel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:57 am

HPD wrote:this thing was broken from the start

What makes you say so?

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Postby Airnike » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:06 am

Edited.
Good job town, you got trolled.
Hard.

Also, good job me. I'm sorry for the anticlimactic ending, but at least, I couldn't fail harder than my previous game. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take a cold shower after this game.

I'm finally FREEEEEEEEEEE!

*goes bury self*
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:13 am

mafia number was also fairly generous. The confusion of us killing fellow mafia basically resulted in stunlocking the town. I don't know if our greed for trolling would've cost us the game. It's at least better then us taking the win day 2 because ML had a Caulder-level vote rigging power.
Last edited by Dragonite on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gentleman of Dread

Postby Gentleman of Dread » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:14 am

even when i die
i go over

Satel

Postby Satel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:16 am

Our numbers were way too generous, yes. Basically, I felt from day 2 on that it wasn't as much about the win as it was about sending a message.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:16 am

so
[16-6-2015 23:48:03] Coco Adel: mr mafia
[16-6-2015 23:50:00] Wouter Windhorst: hrm?
[16-6-2015 23:50:30] Coco Adel: you're suspcious
[16-6-2015 23:51:06] Wouter Windhorst: the day ended already? I was busy with various things today and forgot to post to change my vote
[16-6-2015 23:51:13] Coco Adel: yep
[16-6-2015 23:51:16] Coco Adel: so
[16-6-2015 23:51:17] Coco Adel: are you mafia
[16-6-2015 23:52:00] Wouter Windhorst: I'm chaos
[16-6-2015 23:52:14] Coco Adel: damn it you
[16-6-2015 23:53:24] Wouter Windhorst: Also, I just decided I'm going to kill you~
[16-6-2015 23:53:31] Coco Adel: I mean
[16-6-2015 23:53:32] Coco Adel: you know
[16-6-2015 23:56:32] Wouter Windhorst: ML was being freaking broken and also just spewing his nonsense again.
[16-6-2015 23:56:38] Wouter Windhorst: so a little fun was needed
[16-6-2015 23:56:43] Wouter Windhorst: you trained me well sensei
[16-6-2015 23:56:48] Coco Adel: I can't tell if you're being serious
[16-6-2015 23:58:22] Wouter Windhorst: As serious as you.
[16-6-2015 23:58:35] Coco Adel: I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS
[16-6-2015 23:59:58] Wouter Windhorst: (◕‿◕)
[00:00:08] Coco Adel: I hate you

Relevant. I dedicate this game to my ''teacher''.

Gentleman of Dread

Postby Gentleman of Dread » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:29 am

i am a fan
of how i couldn't investigate most people
and had no real purpose

Satel

Postby Satel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:29 am

I have no teacher to dedicate the game to... T-T

Whatever, this has been a lot of fun.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:42 am

Game would have been more balanced with a doctor-ish option, giving GoD the ability to unmask the godfather, and getting rid of the voting-based roles.

Still, I agree with satel, we two had a lot of fun. :D

Satel

Postby Satel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:47 am

Some kind of jailer that also protects his target would've been a sensible idea, I think, but that's in the realm of theories.

Anyways, I found someone to dedicate the game to! Draggy, credit's yours for our victory.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Postby Sven » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:42 am

im pretty sure that's the first successful framing like ever

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:52 pm

at least two of you had fun with this
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Airnike

Postby Airnike » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:22 pm

Sven wrote:im pretty sure that's the first successful framing like ever

Nope. On Amsterdam Mafia, I successfully day-1-framed HPD.

Also, HPD, I had fun from my mod seat. Does that count as 3? :)
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:58 am

ok so going back to my analysis a page or so back, i said "unless mafia is trolling", so

NO REGRETS

both q and k were clean, but the lack of communication from them would have made it pretty likely that they would have died. Honestly i probably would have tried to get dragonite lynched because i got a q clean ping and i was starting to suspect draggy, but there's no way i could have suspected satel, his actions were so "anti-mafia" and he could have won two pages ago if he didn't throw away the day 2 win. I mean, I KNEW it was a possibility but it was so niche of a possibility there was no way i could have prioritized his lynch, that would have just been pure paranoia.

oh well, really nothing town could have done. i feel like "town" played the best game they could have with two of their important members AWOL, mafia trolling, broken mafia roles (seriously, ML really was about 3x as powerful as anyone else), and a successful day 1 framing. I mean, really, after day 1 there were really only 2 town members, with HPD and Sven dead and K and Q nonexistent. we had no chance.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Satel

Postby Satel » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:38 am

The fact is, I've worked harder in the interest of the town than most townies. I just wanted the game to go on as long as possible because a day 2 win would've been so boring, and I think I told something to Dragonite along the lines of "it goes against everything i'm proud of about myself". From there on it was more about having as much fun as possible while making the game go on for a while longer.

Honestly, though, the cops should've started sharing their results and building some plan. I wanted to do something like this at one point, I even had a pretty legit vanilla townie fakeclaim ready to justify everything, but yeah, the surprise inactivity from Q and K certainly didn't help the life of this game.

The Lad's role was so broken, though, and there were four of us. Just this made the game pretty much done for us. The only roles that were dangerous for the town were Q (inactive) and Hawkes, that we targeted pretty heavily before killing him altogether. Also, there was no counter to my own Godfather role, so I was pretty safe from the beginning to the end.

Also, I mentioned in the quicktopic regretting killing HPD. The game suddenly became silent with his absence. I would've liked to see where the game would've gone with him still living.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:27 am

Well, I did share the only results I got. Problem is we couldn't trust our results- even if we could trust them, we didn't know we could trust them, which is a very demoralizing thing in itself.

I'll admit I was less active than I could have been due to STUFF. Still, I tried the best I could, there just wasn't any chance.

Now, one thing that might have changed the course of history was that I was going to change my vote to lynch ML on day 1, but the day ended much faster than I thought it would. If that had happened, and we managed to take down ML day 1, things would have turned out differently, I think, and it would have been a much more interesting game.

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:46 am

worst part about this game is that it didn't end with Q and K accidentally killing me with their night actions, causing the town to self destruct

we were this close, but DRAGONITE ruined it

Satel

Postby Satel » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:50 am

Blame me. From the moment we started to troll, I was the one calling pretty much every shot.

My bad. I even warned my brother before he slipped up that it would end up breaking the game, but since he never listens, I couldn't do anything to keep the game alive.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:04 am

It was more like ''we decided the same thing every time'', but yeah, we added each other on skype midgame.

hawkesnightmare

Postby hawkesnightmare » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:44 am

I was surprised that you guys chose to kill me in the night. The town was looking in Q and K's direction after ML was lynched, so I figured you would kill one of them to cause confusion amongst the town. Of course, I didn't know that Satel was scum and just playing with us.

Dragonite

Postby Dragonite » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:52 am

Haven't heard ML much about this. He seemed rather upset when he realized no quickhammering was allowed and yet we killed him.

I'm recounting all of this. We kept advantage for 2 days, killing off mafia, in a game full of cops. Would you have preferred us ending the game day 2 with ML's torture tactics?

Return to “You are at a dead end of a dirt road. The road goes to the east.”