Cop Mafia: GAME OVER -- MAFIA "WINS"

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Airnike

Re: Cop Mafia: DAY TWO

Post by Airnike » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:10 pm

Due to changes in time schedule, the day will end in maybe two hours starting now instead of 4 hours and 30 minutes.

Apologies for the hastiness that may occur.
- Airnike
Last edited by Airnike on Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:52 pm

Why would injuring be a mafia-only ability?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:53 pm

Airnike wrote:Due to changes in time schedule, the day will end in about two hours starting now instead of 4 hours and 30 minutes.

Apologies for the hastiness that may occur.
- Airnike
BS etc etc
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:00 am

this is what you all deserve for killing hpd and me first.

Airnike

Re: Cop Mafia: NIGHT TWO START

Post by Airnike » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:46 am

Day ends.
  • Vote tally:
  • Dragonite: 0
  • Satel: 0
  • MysteriousLad: 3 (75%):Dragonite, Gentleman of Dread, Satel
  • Hawkesnightmare: 1 (50%): MysteriousLad
  • Q: 0
  • K: 0
  • pkdragon: 0
  • Gentleman of Dread: 0
  • Linkman: 0
MysteriousLad was lynched. He was the Investigator. Each night, he could target someone and receive their Role PM. If they already had a guilty ping on one Mafia, he injured them. The next day phase, it would take half the amount of votes to lynch them (this is calculated BEFORE fixed numbers), and the next night phase, they would be unable to act. (Note: Hawkesnightmare's injury remains through MysteriousLad's death, don't you get your hopes up Hawkes! ;))
He was Mafia! There are 3 left!

Send your night actions.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Re: Cop Mafia: NIGHT TWO

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:40 am

Lol
Satel
Quote the message
I. Dare. You
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:40 am

Ah fudge
Already dead
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:50 am

fudge YEAH.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:40 am

spoiler

other mafia is q or k otherwise hawke would've been hammered

oops
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:02 am

Crap I thought I posted last night but i was pretty drunk so i may have closed the browser before posting

anyway just so i don't get some sort of penalty for not voting, i would like to point out that i initiated the mysterious lad lynch~
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:05 am

also k is "innocent" though how much that actually means who really knows, lol. i investigated her to cut down on inactives.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:50 am

HPD wrote:spoiler

other mafia is q or k otherwise hawke would've been hammered

oops
I was going to say something similar, and I'm sure everyone already knew that.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:38 pm

Day phase ends tonight. You have only a few hours left!
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Airnike

Re: Cop Mafia: DAY THREE START

Post by Airnike » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:16 am

RL problems force me to end the night right now.
After another night, Vesperville's namesake and wakes up.
The Super Cop show is long gone and forgotten, but a peculiar corpse is found...
Hawkesnightmare was killed. He was the Jock Cop. So much did he think he was the best Cop in the world, that everyone who disagreed with him should die. And he was pretty damn well six-packed to back his muscular arguments by force! He was a Townie.
The Monster Detective always got guilty pings from him. Each night, he could target someone and receive their alignment. If they pinged guilty, he would be locked into double-voting for them tomorrow. They would also take one less vote to get lynched, and everyone else would take one more vote.
  • Vote tally:
  • Q: 0
  • Linkman: 0
With 7 people alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
If you lynch a townie today, the Mafia wins!
Last edited by Airnike on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

hawkesnightmare

Re: Cop Mafia: DAY THREE

Post by hawkesnightmare » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:25 am

Person(s) that I pmed, tell my story.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:10 am

Got roleblocked again (punched in the face), was trying to investigate Linkman.

Honestly, part of me wants to just say that obviously people who didn't vote to kill ML are guilty, there's exactly 3 of them. Of course, there's a decent chance that the mafia joined the ML bandwagon, so it isn't that simple.

I'm very suspicious of Linkman, because he came the closest to actually defending ML, even calling this "circlejerk" mafia when it had very little circle jerking compared to... other mafias. (For shame, Linkman, member of the greatest Holy Trinity Circlejerk known to mafia!). I have nothing against waiting for ML to defend himself before casting a vote, but Linkman was very wishy-washy and constantly tried to discredit the bandwagon's reasoning, when in fact it's reasoning was pretty sound.

Or we can just kill Q or K because they're kinda like Minesweeper people. Y'know? Those matches in minesweeper when you have two left in a section but only one mine and there's no way to tell due to no hints or anything, so you might as well take the plunge early and save yourself 10 minutes or so of figuring out the rest of the puzzle because victory or death depends entirely on random chance and you might as well get that out of the way early.

Yeah. Q and K are Minesweeper Twins this game.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:14 pm

C'mon PK you know I'm good for it.

The ML bandwagon was a crapshoot and you of all people should know that.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:37 pm

I just combed the topic, and Q and K didn't post all game.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:40 pm

Pkdragon wrote:Got roleblocked again (punched in the face), was trying to investigate Linkman.
Don't know what that means, apart from saying the mafia is really adamant on not letting you get any result.
Pkdragon wrote:Honestly, part of me wants to just say that obviously people who didn't vote to kill ML are guilty, there's exactly 3 of them.
Q, K, Linky, and yourself, that makes four. Then again, you did explain later that you thought you had voted. And now that I take another look, not only you indeed had voted, but you were even the first of us to do so. Chances are my brother just messed up.
Pkdragon wrote:Or we can just kill Q or K because they're kinda like Minesweeper people.[...]
Didn't you have an innocent ping on K?
Linkman wrote:The ML bandwagon was a crapshoot and you (PK) of all people should know that.
I'm sorry, did I miss stuff and ML turned out to not be Mafia?
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:47 pm

No, ML was indeed mafia, I'm just saying it was pure crumpets luck that led to that.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:49 pm

Satel wrote:
Pkdragon wrote:Got roleblocked again (punched in the face), was trying to investigate Linkman.
Don't know what that means, apart from saying the mafia is really adamant on not letting you get any result.
Pkdragon wrote:Honestly, part of me wants to just say that obviously people who didn't vote to kill ML are guilty, there's exactly 3 of them.
Q, K, Linky, and yourself, that makes four. Then again, you did explain later that you thought you had voted. And now that I take another look, not only you indeed had voted, but you were even the first of us to do so. Chances are my brother just messed up.
Pkdragon wrote:Or we can just kill Q or K because they're kinda like Minesweeper people.[...]
Didn't you have an innocent ping on K?
Linkman wrote:The ML bandwagon was a crapshoot and you (PK) of all people should know that.
I'm sorry, did I miss stuff and ML turned out to not be Mafia?
  1. Things to say:
  2. I'm not saying anything.
  3. Excuse me..? Did I omit a pk day 2 vote on the Lad? Apologies if that is the case. Not that it changes anything in the end, but still.
  4. No, I will not answer that question. I am the mod, I am not supposed to have any influence on the game.
  5. The Lad was Mafia. And no, he isn't a Death Miller.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:52 pm

Linkman wrote:No, ML was indeed mafia, I'm just saying it was pure crumpets luck that led to that.
This one's hilarious, though. Just take a look on how much has been said. I'm not even sure we had that much evidence on a mafia case ever since I've joined this game.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:57 am

Yeah I did have a innocent ping on K, but that doesn't mean much in this game. I'm guessing there's a godfather role in this game, or something similar. I basically don't trust my results at all.

But for that reason I definitely would prioritize lynching Q. Literally have nothing on him. We can investigate him, but we can't trust our results. If we lynch Linkman, even if he turns out to be mafia, we lose an active player. It's a lose- lose. With Q it's at least a win-lose.

And yeah, I'm with Satel. That particular lynch had more going for it than most. I mean, you'll never have a lynch that you know 100%, especially in a game where we know there's a framer running around. Sometimes you just got to go with the best possible lynch, and there was a lot of reasons to lynch ML.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:47 am

Yeah, that does sound like the best option. Hopefully he will end up saying SOMETHING when he's lynched. Well then, lynch q

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:51 am

yeah, i'm tired of silent mafia >_>

lynch q

and this is where the absence of hammers makes this game so goddamn boring

st3rn fudge st3rn

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:58 am

We're back! I'm so, so sorry.
BUY GOLD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:01 am

I came back to being lynched it seems... I have a clean ping on K, so might as well get that on paper before I die.
BUY GOLD

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:01 am

Make your case before you and your girlfriend are gone.

no lynch

EDIT: So, what happened?

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:06 am

Satel wrote:Make your case before you and your girlfriend are gone.

no lynch

You can't go back to no lynch after putting a vote down.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:06 am

Satel wrote:Make your case before you and your girlfriend are gone.

no lynch

We were dragged to Florida at the last minute. That's what happened. :/

I know K investigated Hawkes, but he's dead now so that's not very useful.
BUY GOLD

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:11 am

You two are somehow cursed when it comes to mafia.

Anyway, state your case. A mislynch now means the town loses.

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:19 am

If K doesn't utter a single word before tomorrow, I'm going laser-focus on her.

st3rn fudge st3rn

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:32 am

I can choose to either lose the game or die, so...

I'm a cat cop. I follow other cops, if they investigate mafia I kill the mafia.

K is Sanic cop. Like a regular cop but immune to roleblocks.

I follow K and kill mafia she investigates.

Mafia get ded, we drink Coca Cola.
BUY GOLD

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:48 am

So basically, we're either going to press on and gamble on Q being guilty, or look for other options. I still find Linky's behaviour regarding the ML lynch rather odd, and he hasn't done much besides that lately.

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:49 am

Do you mean at all?

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:21 am

Sanic cop? All the other roles have made sense and have represented kinda standard cop archetypes (even SUPER COP, sorta) , but that's a pretty strange one. I mean, if Airnike ran out of ideas and ended up pulling from memes, that's what happened, but that's a bit itchy. That said, there's a certain amount of mechanical sense in both roles. God knows there's been enough roleblocking.

ok so basically there's two options as far as what happened yesterday goes:

1. All the people who voted to kill ML were civilians, all the people who didn't vote were mafia. If so, the mafia would be Linkman, Q, and K. This is usually naive and almost never the case, but it's still weird. They could have won the game that turn if they had put another vote onto Hawkes.

2. 1 or two of the people voting ML were mafia. Probably 1, I can't understand why more than 1 would have voted ML, it was such an anti-mafia move to kill off ML while letting Hawkes live. Unless they're super, super paranoid about incriminating themselves, but that absurd given that if 2 people voting for ML were mafia, the lynch would have NEVER succeeded. The only reason for 2 people to vote for ML is if the mafia decided to troll the game by dragging it out.

So the way I see it, Q, K and Linkman - one of them is possibly not mafia. The odds, no matter how you look at it, are good if we lynch any of them, unless the mafia decided to troll.

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:27 pm

At the moment, Linkman is the easiest. Acting like ML wasn't suspicious as fudge is one thing, trying to say lynching him after he lied was stupid of him and probably blew anything I can trust of him so..
Lynch Linkman

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:52 pm

yeah yeah sure hammer on the Brazilian like you're a fudge German on a football pitch

Hop on a rocket launch with Linkman

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:48 pm

K still hasn't uttered a single word by the way.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:00 am

• Vote tally:
  • Q: 2 (66%): Satel, Dragonite
  • Linkman: 1 (33%): Gentleman of Dread
With 7 people alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

No, Linkman, you're not counted as a vote against yourself.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.