AW FATE, Ch 2: The Terror Depot

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Dragonite

Re: AW FATE, Ch 2: The Terror Depot

Postby Dragonite » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:59 am

Reading it all in one places it sounds a good deal more coherent indeed. I think the amount of time this took was a problem with strategy though. Everybody lacked a good plan, and because so much time passed and fates was mostly ''soldiers everwhere'', the impression I had was that people lost track and just became reckless. It's the reason why I was a bit snide earlier, it just seemed hopeless from the beginning when reading it from the sidelines.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Postby HPD » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:40 am

next time real time rp on the IRC?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Postby Pkdragon » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:14 pm

I guess it was pk's intention that Lad and HPD could pass the time by RP'ing with each other until the rest of the party would get around to rescue them. Of course it didn't quite work that way. It's usually a bad idea to separate the party in an RPG like this since it almost always results in someone getting bored as the GM can't give everyone equal love and attention and certain things need to happen at a certain order and pace.

sorta, i was also going to make it slightly easier for them to escape from a stealth angle- but that ended up not going so well.

so a big hint was here:

@MLad: You can hear the occasional loud pacing of people on the floorboards above you, but no other sound of people makes it to you. As for in the room, there are quite a few wooden boxes, some old furniture, and some wine bottles resting on the boxes. Only a sliver of light comes from a small window, now boarded up. One of the boxes is just out of reach of your legs.

i expected the first reply to be "can i kick the box" at which point i would have you make some sort of physique check to stretch enough to kick the box so that a wine bottle would fall.At which point you could pull a piece of glass towards you and cut yourself free.

You could have also tried just using sleight of hand to try and untie your bonds. Basically, anything except provoking the guard(s) to beat you. At that point I started intentionally delaying dealing with Lad because I felt that was PROBABLY going to end terribly and if it did I wanted the rest of the team to be close so that they could help you out. Unfortunately, the rest was history.

Anyway guys, a lot of this was my fault, I didn't explain things well enough, I didn't convert things well enough, I was kinda in a bad place in my life at the time (started seeing a therapist for the first time in my life a couple months ago), just wasn't thinking very straight. But ultimately, I don't think this was a complete disaster. As an experiment, I think we all learned a lot. Like, don't let PK GM.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

scraggypunk

Postby scraggypunk » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:12 pm

i'm sad. i liked valerie a lot
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

MysteriousLad

Postby MysteriousLad » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:42 pm

I'd be up for another chapter, I enjoyed this despite Rl stuff being busy towards the end.
Maybe after this mafia game?
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Return to “You are at a dead end of a dirt road. The road goes to the east.”