another mafia [MAFIA WINS]

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

scraggypunk

Re: another mafia [DAY THREE]

Post by scraggypunk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:44 pm

all the more reason to get rid of him
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:07 am

So once again I'm gonna cut this day off on Friday.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:30 am

alright then, lynch gentleman of dread

offline = useless
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:38 pm

exactimundo
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:43 pm

ok, so really everything hinges on whether treed is mafia or not (and why).

if he's mafia, then a mafia was added and there were actually 4 mafia in the game.
if he's town, then there's only 2 mafia left and we can afford a mislynch if it allows us to get rid of an inactive player.

(there's also the case of, what if narts was mafia and treed inherited narts' role, in which case there's also only 2 mafia left. that's a possibility too, in which case still only 2 mafia and we are good)

i personally don't think treed is mafia though, for reasons i explained earlier, so therefore i think it's relatively safe to lynch gentleman of dread.

next item of business: who lynched dp. we really ought to discuss this, even though i don't like my name being on the list.

pk: lovable idiot. "it seemed to be a good idea at the time"
hpd: also posted before it was clearly a bandwagon.
q7: posted long after it had become a bandwagon, for unclear reasons.
scraggy: almost confirmed to be vigilante
satel and dp: dead.
bonesy: dead and mafia.

i like how 3/7 people who voted LAST turn are dead.

so of the people in that lynch, q7 really is the only one who pops out as being the most suspicious. not enough by itself for me to suggest lynching him as an alternative to GoD, as he's also been deliciously active this game. But hey, anyone that was PM'd by him got any insights into his behavior?
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:00 pm

he just said hello
wisdom

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:23 pm

I'm starting to suspect GoD is a mafia who doesn't care about winning anymore. Day 1 antics annoyed him, and then people were added.

Although Satel did try to send him dream hints last night, so his silence is annoying in that regard.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:32 am

Dragonite wrote:Although Satel did try to send him dream hints last night, so his silence is annoying in that regard.
Yo we got dead talk?

Draggyleaks? :O
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Narts

Post by Narts » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:42 am

I was mafia btw

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:17 am

I'm feeling the urge to ask Sven to let me replace someone.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:18 am

This was not dead talk, Linky, we had talked about it beforehand and basically haven't really talked anything significant since the moment I died.

Just felt the need to clarify.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:45 am

whoa a ghost
wisdom

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:57 am

That. I knew I was at risk to kick the bucket, so it seemed a good idea to divert the hint to somebody I can easily contact.To bad I have failed to talk to GoD since. It does not fit his pattern when he´s mafia trying to win with silence, he usually pays a bit more attention.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:58 am

so let's just kill GoD please
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:39 am

yes let's kill god
wisdom

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:05 am

feel free to correct me, i think this is it:

GoD (3) - Terragent, HPD, scraggypunk

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:11 am

How much is majority? 5? Probably going to add my vote tomorrow because this is boring.

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:25 am

5 yeah

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:25 pm

lynch Gentledread

as no one has any other insights
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:47 pm

Welp. Lynch gentleman of Dread
Now I'm actually fairly curious what his role is. Oh wait, is he jester or something? LET'S POST THIS ANYWAY.
Last edited by Dragonite on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:17 am

Gentlemen of Dread dies he was a Civilian.

It's nighttime~.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: another mafia [NIGHT THREE]

Post by HPD » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:03 am

bleh what a waste

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:11 am

Well, better here then stumble on him on a final day deadlock. He eventually told me he was busy, and approved me lynching him.

I'll conclude that lynches inactives as a base tactic is stupid. It is a mafia tactic sometime and it has it's use to look out for it, but taken to the extent it has gone in this game it dwindles the size of the town and gives the mafia more night to act without any useful discussion.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:06 pm

Meh, called it.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:21 pm

God you guys are boring. Must I save every game? I guess day four calls for a very active Treed phase.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:22 pm

A Treed who is totes defs mafia BTW. Confirmed.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:11 pm

Dragonite wrote:Well, better here then stumble on him on a final day deadlock. He eventually told me he was busy, and approved me lynching him.

I'll conclude that lynches inactives as a base tactic is stupid. It is a mafia tactic sometime and it has it's use to look out for it, but taken to the extent it has gone in this game it dwindles the size of the town and gives the mafia more night to act without any useful discussion.
Lynching inactives isn't a good strategy, but it's not a bad strategy. It's a decidedly neutral strategy.

It's a great idea day 1, when we have no information. Much less amazing any time after that, but it's never a bad strategy because it does remove problem players. Basically, it's not a strategy to win the game, it's a strategy to create an environment that allows for winning the game. As I said on Day 2 though, the fatal flaw is that it makes too much sense- which amusingly enough stifles discussion. Who would have thought. (Though I don't think that's the only reason there hasn't been much discussion)

So I agree with you, but I do find it interesting that it takes you until after you've seen the results to decide on how good of a tactic it is. The results don't actually matter. Whether the inactive player worked or not, there was always the same chance that it would be a mafia player- a rather low chance, actually. So if GoD turned out to be a mafia when everything is said and done, that wouldn't make the actual tactic any better, it would just mean we got lucky.

What this means- if we want to make these last three lynches worth it, we need to actually play the game next round.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:11 pm

I wasn't to convinced of it being a good tactic beforehand either.You make a nice argument, but I fail to see how the town would have any chance of winning without Bonesy being Vig'd.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:07 am

We wouldn't have any chance. I consider lynching inactives to be a Day 1 tactic, didn't REALLY want it to happen Day 2, and wouldn't have gone with it Day 3 if it wasn't for the fact that we knew Bonesy had died, giving us some breathing room.

I do consider this result a step up from randomly lynching anyone who talks though (at least we'll have conversation), so it could be worse.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:36 am

ehh regrettable but whatevs
wisdom

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:37 am

We just had too many inactives in the game. If there's anything truly bad for town's chances at winning, it's that. If people don't talk, don't contribute and don't share the info they gather through power roles there's just nowhere to go, really. It's just a few people left trying to make sense of it all, and they can easily be misdirected by the mafia when they just blend in with the small vocal group.

Sven

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Sven » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Well at least one of you is doing something right.

q died, he was a civilian. May your system rest in peace. ayyy

Terragent has been stabbed tonight. Like a lot of stabbing actually. With the village inspector doctor long dead, he slowly bleeds out to death. He was Mafia.

scraggypunk's clothes are bloody and she is openly brandishing a kitchen knife. Her vote will break ties if it comes to that.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:29 pm

is treed leaking the mafia names to deoxy?

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Sven wrote: scraggypunk's clothes are bloody and she is openly brandishing a kitchen knife. Her vote will break ties if it comes to that.
I have never been so aroused in my life.

Yo sven call this, 5 town 1 maf surely we're set

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:04 am

HPD wrote:is treed leaking the mafia names to deoxy?
If so Treed will probably self terminate in a few hours. Even if that is the case, the mafia should have killed Deoxy the night after I posted Satel's dream info. I don't regret doing so with the info I had at the time though. But still, their loss.

Anyway, lynch target. Treed is fishy, and I have mixed feelings about HPD and Linkman since they are still alive. Going to wait a bit before lynching, I want to hear from Treed first. Because if Treed's not guilty, the next day will come down to a coin toss lynch, and those are awkward.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:48 am

Treed has consistently roleclaimed mafia this entire game...

But yeah, he promised us fireworks on day four so I'm going to wait for that.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:16 am

hahaha i'm so fudge awesome

treed has not been feeding me anything. i wouldn't be proud of myself if i was just told the answer
wisdom

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:41 am

scraggypunk wrote:hahaha i'm so fudge awesome

treed has not been feeding me anything. i wouldn't be proud of myself if i was just told the answer
my hat's off to you then

good job!

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:08 am

lmao

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:12 am

also gigantic mafia fudge killing q7

i mean i wasn't really prepared to lynch q7 but i had thrown him out as a potential lynch last day, and if the town had continued to be as sluggish as it has been and terr (and possibly the other mafia) had continued to be one of the few throwing down votes it could very well come down to lynching q7 with my halfassed logic as an "excuse"

instead they clarified his role for us. ty mafia

(and nevermind the fact that scraggy is still alive. i mean, rly?)