another mafia [MAFIA WINS]

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

User avatar
HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Mentat
Location: The Mountain
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by HPD » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:34 am

It's all part of a clever ploy to lull us into a false sense of security
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: the mafia with a mouth

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:08 am

clearly

and who would be "clever" enough to try to pull such a scheme off?

...

MOVING ON

we have 6 people left. Scraggy, Dragonite, HPD, Linkman, Treed, and of course myself. Scraggy is pretty damn clearly innocent. That leaves the rest of us. 1 in 5 odds aren't great but we have at least one chance to mislynch and we should be ok.

unless... unless a mafia was added when treed and satel were added. in which case we CAN'T mislynch.

There's a lot more to be said but im not going to blow my metaphorical load all at once
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Linkman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:58 pm

Lynch HPD.

This is very clear to me. I will post my reasons tomorrow.

I might also post flavor text if the inspiration strikes me.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Linkman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:09 pm

Actually I will let HPD do the talking.

Here is HPD after DP died in this game:
HPD wrote:well, it's not like he helped or anything

power roles are useless on people who don't post
Here is HPD after someone dies in a previous mafia game:
HPD wrote:Well, thank you mafia for killing off my only contact so far. You've probably thought the same as I have when Fogel asked for how many mafia there were. This sincere question made him already prove his civilian status enough for me to establish PM contact with him.

Blah, there goes THAT plan.

HOWEVER, I can probably still salvage the situation. Time is of the essence here, as we only have 24 hours to work this out. So I'll get right to the point and hopefully all of you civilians can follow.

I am going to post the one PM I sent Dragon Fogel and the one I received back from him. This will prove that I've had him as a contact this night, and that I am a Civilian just like him.

What is my plan with this? I want people to get in touch with me. We need the civilians to band together, and we need to do it NOW. This game basically is a mad race to get the two mafia down. However, this is not what I want. I am not interested in getting the mafia lynched. I am only interested in getting the townies to work together. For this reason, I am willing to take the plunge and sacrifice myself for the good of the town.

Once you guys start contacting me, I will not survive the next night. I am sure of that. However, by that time, I hopefully will have been able to pass around names of people who have contacted me, and what their PMs have been. It will be up to you to distilliate their civilian statuses from these messages. From everyone who contacts me, I will only disclose this information to two other people whom I personally consider to be closest to telling the truth of their civilian status. This is to hide the information about the inspector, but nevertheless to make sure all of this information will be given to the town and not be lost in the night. If three people have this information, we will never lose it. From there, you guys need to continue.

It is a gambit, and requires you to trust me. It will also require me to trust you. However, we NEED to collect information. And I am stepping forward to do this. I'm the one who'll die next night, I'm sure. I know I'm now too dangerous to be left alive, and the topic title is very much correct. HPD dies. But he'll die NEXT night.

Here are the PMs. One I've sent to Fogel, one I have received from him.
Dragon Fogel wrote:Are you telling us how many Mafia there are?
Fogel, this comment made me believe you to be a Civilian.

You may believe me or not, but so am I.

I am taking a huge gamble with this PM and you know it, but I think the citizens need to grasp every single hint of a clue to one other's identity and use it to band together. I hope you'll believe me, and stick together with me, for only if the civilians band together without knowledge of the mafia they, WE, have a chance to win.

So, are you in?
Dragon Fogel wrote:You're correct that I'm a civilian. And I'll take you up on the offer. If you're mafia, you already know I'm not one of you, and if you're a civilian, then as said, we need to work together to catch the mafia. So there's no real danger on my side of things, especially since I'm not the inspector.

In fact, I'd say that contacting civilians is a bigger risk for the mafia than for the townies. A mafia member in a coalition will be subject to even closer scrutiny, and if he slips up, the Mafia is down to one.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Linkman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:10 pm

I rest my case.

P.S. I waited three days so this cannot be considered a dick move
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
scraggypunk
Rank: legendary cartographer
Location: deoxy knight

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:30 pm

it does feel wrong to not lynch hpd at least once
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

User avatar
HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Mentat
Location: The Mountain
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by HPD » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Why are you basing your lynch on another game? You're just ripping everything out of context here. I don't and don't have to play the same in every game. Playing differently then does not imply that I have a different role even. It all depends on the context of the game. How engaging I find it etc.

lynch linkman because only a mafia would come up with such crumpets.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: the mafia with a mouth

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:14 pm

I get your argument, Linky, but it's rather thin. HPD could just be sick and tired of making long posts. God knows I am. There also hasn't been all that much to post about, unless you're as creative as I am (not everyone has my talent for dragging out points and coming up with crumpets).

That said, I was trying to make a post analyzing peoples behavior, and I had significant trouble with HPD, because he just hasn't been terribly memorable this game, and I'm too lazy right now to reread his posts. But usually HPD *is* a bit more memorable than this. He could be trying to keep a low profile. Maybe.

That said... I'm also suspicious of you, Linky. You DID spend most of the game trying to get inactives, particularly GoD, killed, and they turned out to be civilians. I'm far from sure of this, obviously, it's about as thin as your argument against HPD, but I'm just saying.

And then there's Dragonite. While I feel like the fact that Dragonite hasn't let anything slip or had a breakdown while still being fairly active suggests that he isn't mafia, of the remaining players I feel like Dragonite would be the most likely to kill Q7 instead of the confirmed civ. If, for example, Dragonite was engaged in PM conversation with q7 and let something slip, he would need to kill q7. On the other hand, I think Dragonite has been fairly helpful overall and the dream stuff helped confirm scraggy as vigilante, that type of tactic could have easily backfired if he was mafia. Tricky.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: the mafia with a mouth

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:24 pm

SO


after thinking some more about it

ive decided i know who the mafia is

i will tell you all

in the morning

don't worry guys i've got everything figured out
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Dragonite » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:18 pm

I completely forgot PK was alive yesterday as well, I counted wrong, derp. Eh, yeah, PK has been posting slightly odd in this game, but that's what he usually does.
*sigh* Let's just go on with the accusing in all directions for a while. I haven't got enough to go after a specific person, and Treed is still MIA.

User avatar
HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Mentat
Location: The Mountain
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by HPD » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:57 pm

Well we did one thing right: we got rid of complete unknowns in the equation, namely the inactives. Meanwhile Deoxy did a fantastic job nailing mafia as Vig. MVP whatever happens from here on out.

Both PK and dragonite have been continually trying to make sense of the game, analyse plays and basically act like any good townie should. Either of them being mafia is looking quite far-fetched at this point, even moreso since they're not exactly the people you'd associate with pulling an extreme gambit like that as mafia (no offense, guys!)

I'll leave it to others to say things about myself, however I have claimed civilian since day two (I think? too lazy to look it up, but I got a visit night one from someone in response to which I claimed IIRC) and this is exactly what I am.

That leaves two people as potential mafia, both of which I just know would get some kind of sadistic pleasure out of keeping me alive and not killing me off sooner: Linky and Treed. Either or both of them is/are mafia in my opinion. And, going by this assumption, we can safely consider lynching both of them. If either of them flips town, we lynch the other the next day and win.

Yes, I am aware of the assumptions I make here, and I don't want to shove them under the table. But every move we make is based on assumptions that we have to make with the data given. What's left is if you believe my side of the story or Linky's (whose accusation of me is based entirely on metagame arguments), seeing as Treed has done nothing but openly roleclaim mafia and contributing nothing else but empty promises.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Linkman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:48 pm

HPD wrote: some kind of sadistic pleasure out of keeping me alive and not killing me off sooner
Or maybe nobody killed you because you're the mafia? Occam's razor, yes?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Linkman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:52 pm

HPD is like a broken vending machine. You put a coin in expecting a single paragraph and wham! You get five! Jackpot babyyyy
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Dragonite » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:12 pm

If I ever make a fire emblem hack you two will be the cavaliers..

User avatar
scraggypunk
Rank: legendary cartographer
Location: deoxy knight

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by scraggypunk » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:29 am

i'll be an enemy with a horseslayer that beelines for hpd
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: the mafia with a mouth

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:01 am

this fire emblem hack needs to happen
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: the mafia with a mouth

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:19 am

Dragonite wrote:I completely forgot PK was alive yesterday as well, I counted wrong, derp. Eh, yeah, PK has been posting slightly odd in this game, but that's what he usually does.
*sigh* Let's just go on with the accusing in all directions for a while. I haven't got enough to go after a specific person, and Treed is still MIA.
I'll freely admit to posting slightly odd, in that all my posts were designed to generate SOME sort of conversation, even if it was just "stfu pk". I was reaching but also trying to remind people how one could create discussion from almost nothing. Almost every post I left hanging slightly, for someone else to pick up or contradict me.

anyway dragonite i get what you are saying but its all lies because YOU ARE THE MAFIA

look at the proof it piles up:

- has been consistently helpful, without being too helpful, JUST LIKE A MAFIA
- only one who would be capable of lynching q7 over scraggy
- dutch
- finished off gentleman of dread
- european

the evidence is stacked against you dragonite i would just confess
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: the mafia with a mouth

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:23 am

actually i have a transcript of the discussion between q7 and dragonite
q7: sup
dragonite: sup
q7: hows it going
dragonite: im mafia
q7: really?
dragonite: crumpets
dragonite: you didn't read that
dragonite: ill have to kill you tonight
this transcript has not been forged in any way
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
scraggypunk
Rank: legendary cartographer
Location: deoxy knight

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by scraggypunk » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:07 am

please have all pm reveals in animated gif form

like from a previous mafia game:
Image
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

User avatar
HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Mentat
Location: The Mountain
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by HPD » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:14 am

goddammit

trust pk to pick a crazy third option

ok, maybe dragonite was helpful but not too helpful, i'll give him that, but even then
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: the mafia with a mouth

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:55 am

i just wanted to join into the reckless finger pointing :(

also i would like treed to roleclaim now

you have nothing to lose at this point
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Treedweller

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Treedweller » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:09 am

First of all, allow me to leak Sven's role.
Sven wrote:Subject: another mafia [DAY ONE]
Treedweller wrote:Treedileaks' services are officially available. I expect a PM from each one of you that divulges your role.
I am The Trolling Host.

It is my job to make sure everyone is entertained thoroughly. Somewhere, I have a list of everyone's roles, though I may change them midgame (always for the good of all of course).

I win if I can get a Dutch person to ragequit my game.
Second of all, allow me to leak my role.
Sven wrote:Subject: another mafia [DAY ONE]
Treedweller wrote:Treedileaks' services are officially available. I expect a PM from each one of you that divulges your role.
Hello Treedweller.

You are Recently Orphaned. After a horrible maple syrup related accident devastates your family, you've received information on the town your uncle lives. Unfortunately, he doesn't know you exist, you'll have to find him yourself.

Each night, you can send me a name to check out. I'll let you know what you've uncovered.
More to come later, but suffice to say that I haven't yet succeeded in finding my uncle. And considering all the bodies that have piled up, I probably will never find my uncle.

Unless he's a ghost. omg so spooooooooooooooky oooooooooooohh ohhhh uhhhhh

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Dragonite » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:46 am

This game has been inactives and a competent vig for the most part. I admit I haven't been very helpful. Only thing I really did was jumping on my only clue and go after Scraggy, who didn't die for some reason. If I had been mafia I would have been sensible enough to just kill here the next night without a public scene though. But since I went public, Scraggy being alive in the first place is a oddity. Neither Linkman or HPD would let a public vig live, since the doctor is dead(sort of?). I can see Bonesy and Q not thinking about it, and Terr not paying enough atttention to the game. Could point to Treed being mafia, since he's crazy enough to leave her alive.

Speaking about Treed, the above is insanity, be it truth or lies. If it's true though... uh.. I rather not think about that.

User avatar
Treedweller

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Treedweller » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:08 am

Actually, those role PMs are from Sven and thus Treedileaks™-true.

And my mafia roleclaim posts were just an extremely hilarious, well-thought-out, and clever parody of the typical WWN thought process of 'OMG TREED IS MAFIA HE'S IN OUR HEADS RIGHT NOW WOW HE'S SO SMART HE MUST BE MAFIA.' I'm actually just a poor orphan shmuck, makin' my way through Sven's twisted world and trying to find my probably dead uncle. I knew that my Scis was the vigilante well before I joined the game, and you can bet that a Treed-fronted mafia (cause I front every mafia that I'm a part of) would've put this information to work.

BTW, based on Sven's roleclaim PM, I'd say it's likely that roles are being actively switched. All poor little Treedles knows is that his role hasn't changed since the beginning of the game.

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Dragonite » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:25 am

If mine has been switched, I at the very least haven't been notified.

User avatar
Treedweller

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Treedweller » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:20 pm

If mine has been switched, I at the very least haven't been notified.

User avatar
Treedweller

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Treedweller » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Said the big fat mafia man.

User avatar
Treedweller

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Treedweller » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:21 pm

This game has been inactives and a competent vig for the most part. I admit I haven't been very helpful. Only thing I really did was jumping on my only clue and go after Scraggy, who didn't die for some reason. If I had been mafia I would have been sensible enough to just kill here the next night without a public scene though. But since I went public, Scraggy being alive in the first place is a oddity. Neither Linkman or HPD would let a public vig live, since the doctor is dead(sort of?). I can see Bonesy and Q not thinking about it, and Terr not paying enough atttention to the game. Could point to Treed being mafia, since he's crazy enough to leave her alive.

Speaking about Treed, the above is insanity, be it truth or lies. If it's true though... uh.. I rather not think about that.

User avatar
Treedweller

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Treedweller » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Said the biggest, fattest mafia fat cat that WWN mafia has ever seen.

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Linkman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Image

HPD buddy, are you civ? Tell me. For realsies now.

*nibbles on HPD's ear*
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
Treedweller

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Treedweller » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:47 pm

I think that the most glorious thing about WWN mafia (and perhaps life in general, if you may indulge me for a moment in my philosophical musings) is that no one knows anything about anyone or anything. Truly, this is a game about not having knowledge, about functioning as a pure social being without being able to ascribe any stable social role to the other players, and about being unable to enter the minds or PM boxes of anyone in the game. We WWNers are even, for the most part, separated by miles of ocean and forests and land, and we rely on our ability to articulate our personalities and histories and flaws through the medium of digital words delivered to one another by floating electronic networks. In the most perfect of imperfect senses, we are playing a pure social game where the truth isn't the point - where the truth is invented then reinvented on every page.

Oh sure, in mafia, there are means of securing some sort of 'objective' truth about the alignment of a given player through the means of cops or seers or whatever the fudge you feel like calling that odious and inglorious role. But beauty remains in the fact that even role claims and information delivered by the host (who, even as host, has incomplete knowledge of all our secret dealings and social interactions outside public purview) can be overturned with words that tell the better story.

The person who tells the most compelling story controls the game. The person with the most charisma and charm, if not being able to outright control the game, at least sets their own terms - they define how other players react, and what defensive postures others will be able to adopt. And a story isn't necessarily an actual story, but rather the sum of multiple actions and pomp and posts over tens of mafia games. It's a personality - an ethos that gives the illusion of stability, history and depth.

Dragonite, though he has improved by leaps and bounds as a mafia player (at least in the sense that he's now able to adopt enough of an online pokerface to not puke up mom's spaghetti on his sweater every time a scarier player like me tests his claims), is not yet able to create these kinds of illusions. And the stories that he does tell - though they all move in the direction of learning and becoming a stronger player - are still wildly inconsistent depending on the role he plays. We're still able to discern Dragonite's role simply by noticing fluctuations in character, tiny shifts in personality and orientation, and then pressing him to explain those fluctuations.

Take, for instance, his insistence on revealing his Satel-provided dream of Deoxy with knife in hand. Any good town player wouldn't alert the entire town of the vigilante's existence, but instead contact a player who works reliably in the shadows (me), or has a more personal connection to the player (again, because this is Deoxy, me). I already knew her role, and could've handily shut Dragonite up while working in the shadows with Dragonite and Deoxy to secure yet another town victory. And even if I were mafia, at least Dragonite would've had a chance of not revealing his secret to the mafia by contacting me in secret, instead of spilling it to the whole town where the mafia would obviously pick up on it.

But mafiaman Dragonite mistakenly thought that a good town player would make this public knowledge: he thought sharing this information would ingratiate him to the town, and allow him to hide in plain sight among the sleepy inactives and active giants by adopting his usual sweet, helpful personality. He could encourage the town to lynch Deoxy, which he tried to do. Or, in the event of an obvious vigilante roleclaim, he could leave Deoxy alive to pick off town players, a gamble that he thought would pay off with a quicker victory (since there's a much higher probability of the vigilante hitting town rather than mafia players). He at least thought that leaving Deoxy alive would at least bring the heat off his delicate and lithe little body, since the first place any smart player would turn after a Deoxy death would be Dragonite, if only to ask why he felt inclined to reveal Deoxy's knife-wielding habits to the world.

Things didn't go according to plan, and Deoxy killed two mafiosos: Bonesy and Terragent.

Remember what I said before: we can only operate on imperfect unknowledge of everything in mafia. Despite what I've manipulated you all into believing with Treedileaks, the only stable truth in mafia comes not in PMs and secret networks, but in death: death is where we learn the most about players and the game, and death brings our best chance of ascribing motives to players and narrowing potential suspects. Death is the town's best friend, and yet the mafia cannot win without it. So let's look at the mafia and the deaths I'm attributing to them.

There's no doubt in my mind that this motley crew of hitmen would choose players like Q and Mysterious Lies as top priority targets, all while believing that leaving the vigilante alive would bring the game to a rapid conclusion and make them look, like, super clever for not choosing the obvious target. Bonesy isn't the most devious mafia player. He's a blunt instrument and blunter orator. Terry darling, though I believe that his remarkable intelligence and ability to manipulate nearly everyone nearly matches my own, doesn't have the time to lead. He couldn't provide any panacea to his teammates illogical moves. And Dragonite, with his sickly sweet personality and 'smart' ideas, would feel empowered to finally make choices as a mafia godfather of sorts - the last man standing in a wildly improbable effort to prove himself and finally outsmart Treed (which, in addition to my mafia 'role claim,' probably explains why I'm still alive).

Besides, Dragonite has been allowed to lead the town for far too long without any voices to level any serious accusations against him (PK's doesn't count): he tried to lead a Deoxy lynch, he tried to PM me to join my Treedileaks 'network', and was the final seal on GoD's death (after carefully revealing that GoD didn't seem to care about the game, and that we should totes probs lynch his bestie).

Dragonite, you will not outsmart me. You will not beat me at my own game. Mafia is my game. I live and breathe Mafia. I am Mafia.

Lynch Dragonite.

User avatar
Treedweller

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Treedweller » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:05 pm

oh yeah, treed gettin' serious about winnin'

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Linkman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:43 pm

When are you writing a novel, my friend? <3
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
scraggypunk
Rank: legendary cartographer
Location: deoxy knight

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by scraggypunk » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:23 pm

i love you scis
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

User avatar
Pkdragon
Rank: the mafia with a mouth

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:12 pm

yesssss this is the treed i was waiting for

though i must say i take offense at my accusation not counting, i put a lot of thought into that accusation!


it's also product of elimination:

-everything about treed's roleclaim and actions up until now make sense, there's nothing contradictory, and dragonite helped confirm that. his sarcastic claiming of mafia means he's pretty unlikely to be mafia, and the fact that he's been so afk until now also points in that direction
-linkman, though i am suspicious of his support of lynching inactives,was ultimately pushing the town in the direction of lynching terragent, so it's hard for me to really be too sure of him. also i don't think he would have killed q7 last night.
-hpd is possible mafia, i don't really have anything on him based on his behavior, but he's too smart and by the books to not kill deoxy, especially given deoxy's tendency to default to a lynch hpd vote. for that alone, i really don't see hpd being the mafia
- deoxy is confirmed vigilante
- pk is confirmed innocent in my heart

that really only leaves dragonite, and of the possibilities he's the only guy i can see killing q7 instead of deoxy, even given the possibility that making such a bad move was a crazy gambit. it's not perfect, but hey i like to live dangerously (there's been enough conservative playing up until now)

lynch dragonite

time to go all in
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

User avatar
Dragonite
Rank: My face is beaming.
Location: the netherlands(mostly)

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Dragonite » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Treed, I PMed you day 1, you then told me the same ''oh you're so mafia'' when I told you I'm civ, and then proceeded to ignore me. Or course I didn't contact you after that. I PMed you asking if you had received any role at all because Satel lied to me he didn't know his at first, in case you're wondering.
I jumped at Deoxy because the knive dream only was vigilante evidence in hindsight: all I knew at the moment was that Deoxy had a offensive role, and she was being very aggressive about lynching.I talked it over with Satel, and we decided that she had good odds of being mafia(we didn't even have knowledge of a mafia being in the game).
Treedweller wrote: The person who tells the most compelling story controls the game. The person with the most charisma and charm.
This is true, and as we all know you're a master of it(mostly because you put up a good show).
However, you've been inactive all game, and now you decided to put effort in and try to rally the town behind you with your writing skills.A very nice writing effort it is, but I would advise the town to not start licking his boots in adoration and stopping to think on their own.
I don't mind dying if you're mafia. My death will provide evidence of my innocence(not including Sven trolling me), and then you are likely to die next. Okay well, since Scis is vig, maybe not. In which case we will all facepalm when it's over. However, if we're both innocent, your fireworks show of going after me might buy the remaining mafia enough time to win the game(if Deoxy doesn't randomly shoot him that is). So go ahead what with you think is best everybody. Just make sure to consider various odds.
Meanwhile, I will respond in kind. Lynch Treed
Edit: typo's. When will I ever proofread?
Last edited by Dragonite on Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Narts
Rank: sexually identify as an assault rifle

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Narts » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Mafia is a bad game and treedweller doesn't have any charisma.

User avatar
HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Mentat
Location: The Mountain
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by HPD » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:53 pm

oh dear

Treed, I feel like you're trying to hide the logical fallacies you make behind a wall of flowery text. Though well-written and thoroughly amusing, I cannot say that I approve of everything you say and will follow you just because you make a pretty post in which you hide it well. While that may be good enough for PK (who was already suspicious of dragonite), you're going to have to do a lot more than that to gather my support.

What repels me most about your post is that you chastise Draggy for not contacting you personally with his knowledge and keep that information in the shadows, then work from behind the scenes with you to rally the town. This bit is just bad town play. I think that Draggy repsonded adequately and in the town's interest with the information he received. Sharing it with the likes of you, who only appeared to have a passing interest in the game at first and whose posts seemed to consist more of counter-productive trolling rather than benefical talk, would definitely have been a bad move. We know Deoxy likes to share information with you, but there was no read on your personal role.

I'd rather have gone after Linkman in response to his baseless accusation of me, but I see now that going after Linkman is an equally baseless move.

You say that the most charasmatic or compelling person always wins in mafia, but that's not true. WWN mafia suffers quite highly from the tall-poppy syndrome. Those who excel are feared and mercilessly cut down. Over time, we've become more self-aware of this fact and tried to counter it somewhat (this time by consciously lynching inactives, for instance), but it still is there, and will be there as long as we don't consciously try to avoid it.

But right now, I consciously want to get rid of the tallest poppy in play. Not because you rise above the rest, but because that post you made does nothing but reveal to me how weak your position and your arguments against Dragonite really are. If both of you flip innocent, then hurrah for the mafia, but their win then can be attributed to you trying to act smart to win support of the town. However, you underestimate your peers significantly in doing so. And most of all, you underestimate Dragonite.

Lynch Treed

Considering you have Pk and Deoxy on your side, I don't think there's much of a chance of your lynch happening (and Linky doesn't look too keen on joining in either), but I also felt like I had to respond to this in kind.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Linkman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:17 am

Pkdragon wrote:it's also product of elimination:

-everything about treed's roleclaim and actions up until now make sense, there's nothing contradictory, and dragonite helped confirm that. his sarcastic claiming of mafia means he's pretty unlikely to be mafia, and the fact that he's been so afk until now also points in that direction
-linkman, though i am suspicious of his support of lynching inactives,was ultimately pushing the town in the direction of lynching terragent, so it's hard for me to really be too sure of him. also i don't think he would have killed q7 last night.
-hpd is possible mafia, i don't really have anything on him based on his behavior, but he's too smart and by the books to not kill deoxy, especially given deoxy's tendency to default to a lynch hpd vote. for that alone, i really don't see hpd being the mafia
- deoxy is confirmed vigilante
- pk is confirmed innocent in my heart
I laughed out loud when reading this post, because after the first four, I was like "well, it's gotta be PK then!"

But you're right PK. There is Dragonite also.

Can I just unlynch HPD for now?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

User avatar
Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
Rank: Master of Fiction
Contact:

Re: another mafia [DAY FOUR]

Post by Linkman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:47 am

Can I ask why nobody is considering PK?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest