another mafia [MAFIA WINS]

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Pkdragon

Re: another mafia [DAY ONE TREED + STERN ADDED]

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:30 am

10/10 gif linkman

great movie

so in all seriousness i think i'm going with a no lynch for the day. it's been a bit of a mess and while i don't like wasting a day it's probably better for us to get the investigator machine rolling before doing anything we might regret.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:12 am

While the day 1 no lynch is dreaded for good reason I am going to join the No lynch train as well. Because of the mid-day addition and the confusion that followed, going for either HPD or Treed would be just a whim based on their reputations, since we have very few serious posts today. Everybody's main concern seems to be speculation about what gimmick Sven has pulled..

Or can we get a move on for the last 48 hours?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:43 am

So on further inspection

I realized the reason Stern hasn't talked much is because he was *just added to the game*

So I admit my mistake and retract my vote for the No Lynch train.
BUY GOLD

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:51 am

I am not a pussy so I will Lynch Gentleman of Dread. Lynch the inactives man, they's the ones who lose ya the game at th'end
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:03 am

lynch Treed

Sorry darlin', but if one of us two has a mafia role and I'm town, it means you're mafia... or Sven's trolling. Wouldn't put it past him, but hey.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Linkman wrote:I am not a pussy so I will Lynch Gentleman of Dread. Lynch the inactives man, they's the ones who lose ya the game at th'end
where was your support when i was suggesting that course of action earlier, lol?

i'm about as ok with this as i am with a no lynch but it didn't seem to be getting much traction
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:28 pm

good thinking linky. i'll let hpd play a round for once

Lynch Gentleman of Dread
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Gentleman of Dread

Post by Gentleman of Dread » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Linkman wrote:I am not a pussy so I will Lynch Gentleman of Dread. Lynch the inactives man, they's the ones who lose ya the game at th'end
If we're lynching inactives, I'd much rather lynch somebody that has posted I think once since the game started than me (also now's the end of my silly crumpets)

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Lynch Scraggypunk
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:21 pm

In case anyone wants to know, I'm sticking to my guns.

Lynching Treed is the closest I have to a concrete clue. The inactives will wait because it's always 50/50 with them.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Gentleman of Dread wrote:
If we're lynching inactives, I'd much rather lynch somebody that has posted I think once since the game started than me (also now's the end of my silly crumpets)
So who? Say names my dearest Gentleman of Scariness.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:58 pm

If Sven didn't randomise, I doubt he went for a simplistic route of adding just one mafia and townie, it would be rather transparent. I'm not buying lynching Treed on this assumption alone. Your word that you're the innocent is also somewhat shady, but I'll go along with it for now, since if you're a mafia framing Treed, you would probably be dead next. You two are good candidates to investigate though.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:57 am

As I said, we lost 1 player and gained 2, meaning there was only 1 role added. It could have been town or mafia without changing the balance TOO much. The other role could be anything.

So yeah, lynching Treed under the assumption that there was 1 mafia and 1 town added is a bad idea.

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:15 am

But, but... =(

It's the closest I have to a clue and I'm tired!

No really, feel free not to follow, it's just my thoughts, after all.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:52 am

feel free to correct me if i've got your vote wrong/you wanna change

no lynch (4) - Terragent, Bonesy, Q7, dragonite
scraggypunk (1) - Mysterious Lad
god (3) - Scraggypunk, PkDragon, Linkman
Treed (3) - GoD, HPD, Satel
HPD (1) - Treedweller
could not find the polling station (1) - DP

Ties are, of course, broken up at the host's discretion
Last edited by Sven on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:17 am

I voted no lynch earlier, but it's mid-sentence.

We're on the way to a no lynch, but Treed hasn't done much after his joke lynch of HPD(or is it?), which was in the mid of a pile of jokes in hindsight.
Could our dearing hero talk some more before nightfall? And somebody go poke Diesel, he's a newbie at this so he might have forgotten to check.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:21 pm

ah, a list of four cowards
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:44 pm

I've yet to see any lynch reasoning that I'm happy to act on - we have very little information to operate with and simple odds dictate that we're more likely to hit a civilian than one of the mafia. The late-addition lynch targets are just being fueled by paranoia and I'll not give them any credence. The "lynch the inactives" policy is a bit better (if only because silence is a pretty effective mafia tactic), but still feels a bit precipitous.

What's our vote deadline (and is lynching decided by majority or just plurality?)

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:59 pm

24 hoursish, +/- a couple hours.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Terragent wrote:I've yet to see any lynch reasoning that I'm happy to act on - we have very little information to operate with and simple odds dictate that we're more likely to hit a civilian than one of the mafia. The late-addition lynch targets are just being fueled by paranoia and I'll not give them any credence. The "lynch the inactives" policy is a bit better (if only because silence is a pretty effective mafia tactic), but still feels a bit precipitous.

What's our vote deadline (and is lynching decided by majority or just plurality?)
YOU'RE precipitation.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:08 pm

Those in doubt on who to lynch, please read Mafia 28.

I always suspect Gentleman of Dread because he is by far the most masterful mafia player of WWN. Like, even if you guys don't want to kill him, I certainly will inspect him.

(cause I claimed cop before the game started remember)

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:16 pm

who cares about info? go big or go home
wisdom

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:46 pm

plurality

so no lynch

Sven

Re: another mafia [NIGHT ONE]

Post by Sven » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:56 pm

the day has ended, and no one has died.

gimme some night actions.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:35 pm

losers
wisdom

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:29 am

I missed a day because internet was off.

I missed nothing.

Really guys.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:58 am

not my fault

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:26 am

Scraggy punk was such a good lynch though.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:14 pm

She always looks like a good lynch.

I have yet to see her actually be one.

st3rn fudge st3rn

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:30 am

cause i'm cool and good
wisdom

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:55 am

Satel wrote:She always looks like a good lynch.

I have yet to see her actually be one.
looking like a good lynch = being a good lynch

as the whole point of the game is that we don't know, we can only take guesses ( unless we get lucky with investigator)

that said i don't think scraggy is a good lynch in this game yet, tbqh

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:50 am

Pkdragon wrote:looking like a good lynch = being a good lynch

as the whole point of the game is that we don't know, we can only take guesses ( unless we get lucky with investigator)

that said i don't think scraggy is a good lynch in this game yet, tbqh
While I disagree on the first point (heck the goal of the mafia is to goad the town into thinking this), the rest is true.

We can't really say too much until the night phase is over, though.

st3rn fudge st3rn

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:06 am

man when was the last time investigations ever mattered
wisdom

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:24 am

for the players in the game, a good lynch is the one that seems to have the most chance of success. so if something looks like it's a good idea when you examine it from as many angles as possible, it IS a good idea. even if it turns out the guy is mafia, that doesn't change that it was a good idea. in other words, when determining how good a lynch is, whether they ACTUALLY are mafia or town is besides the point, it's whether there was decent reasoning behind the lynch or not.

(therefore, the goal of the mafia isn't to get the town to think that looking like a good lynch = a good lynch, it's to make the wrong people look like good lynches, and to make it hard to tell what lynches actually look good.)

i make this point because it's gotten pretty common in recent games for the dead to be somewhat snarky about "bad moves" when the town is losing, when they have the benefit of knowing who is who, and that clouds how well the town actually did with the information they had.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:07 am

This evening in MAFIA: PK explains the concept of bad beats.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:29 am

Shh. PK is a member of the squirtle squad. Don't mock him.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:36 pm

I'm not mocking him at all - just trying to condense his concept and point out that he's pretty much correct in his assertions.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:49 pm

So you're using SUNNY DAY to strengthen his fire moves?

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:20 pm

The Aten's beneficence is extended to all of its children.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:55 pm

More like Pkdraggin'. Cause he always drags out his points.