Auroraville (Insider Maf) - TOWN WINS DAY 3

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Dragonite

Re: Auroraville (Insider Maf) - DAY 3

Post by Dragonite » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:53 am

Don't remind me of dogs in a WWN context. Too soon.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:58 am

it would be sfw dog mafia though, no lewd dogs allowed

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:17 am

wait why did I die?

EDIT: apparently I can't read. Even though neither of my posts were actual participation in relation to current game events, I'll take it.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:32 am

Anyway. Since Hawke is dead, and Terr lynched a mafia all by himself.. Is it ML, who has been silenced in doing absolutely nothing this game, but could very well be guilty regardless of that. Or is it PK/Sven, who have been preaching chaos, even though we only have on mafia left to kill? Or has Terr being dealt a golden hand, disposed of Linky for fun, and can now rule the town with a iron fist because votes? Then again, I don't think anything can stop Terr is he is guilty, and he already had a chance to end it. Leaves the prior 3. Which is a major headache. Since PK is loading votes on Terr, it's Sven or ML.. I think.. Or PK is just counting on Terr winning the game for the mafia by goading him into destruction.

For a pro-town game, it's making my head hurt.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:17 pm

It doesn't matter, Dragonite. This game is on autopilot, and the DRIVER IS TERR
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:56 pm

Since I am allowed to deadtalk, I will say this: Terr is not to be trusted. My night action was related to him, and I got some interesting results.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:36 pm

DOESN'T MATTER

AUTOPILOT

MAN_SPAM

MAN_SPAM

MAN_SPAM
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:47 pm

hawkesnightmare wrote:Since I am allowed to deadtalk, I will say this: Terr is not to be trusted. My night action was related to him, and I got some interesting results.
Please tell us more. You are already dead, powerless but trustworthy, so we have everything to gain by getting the full story and role from you. Even if it's just Terr getting flustered.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:32 pm

I gotta catch up to the lot of no-voting that happened. This is pretty much the last day given the current state of things.

Vote tally:
- Dragonite (Takes 1 vote to be lynched): 0:
- pk (0 vote): 0
- Terragent (5 votes): 0
- MysteriousLad: 0
- Hawkesnightmare (Allowed to play while dead): 0

With 5 "alive", it takes 3 to lynch as base.
Last edited by Airnike on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Oh man.

Oh man.

Oh man.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:32 pm

I could be maximum silly and kill two people but I won't.

Wait, who am I kidding?

Lynch Dragonite

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE

Lynch MysteriousLoquacity x4

IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO DIE THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING

Airnike

Re: Auroraville (Insider Maf) - TOWN WINS

Post by Airnike » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:49 pm

Welp... Day ends.

Dragonite was lynched. He was a Vanilla Townie.
His KARMAF' was that he would take one less vote to lynch every day, but the one to cast the final vote on him would suffer from having one less vote through the rest of the game.

MysteriousLad was lynched, he was a Vanilla Townie.
His KARMAF' was that he could only talk to cast lynch votes, but everyone who voted for lynching him would be added to his private QuickTopic at the end of the day, unless he died.

----

Game ends, out of the three live players, two are Messengers of Tigre: pkdragon and Terragent. (Hawkesnightmare is kinda half-dead anyway.) TOWN WINS!

pkdragon was Max Mercury, CEO of the Goldenrod Financial Empire.
Each night, he could visit someone if he wasn't doing the nightkill.
If he targeted (or was targeted by) a Messenger of Tigre, he'd gain 1 extra INTEL point.
His KARMAF' abilities were that he did not have the ability to vote. But each night, he could give his number votes +1 to another player. This didn't trigger reflexive abilities, neither his or his opponent's.
Killed by PR, he was forced by the Insiders to move along. He didn't get what he wanted in the end... And he had 4 INTEL! He was this close!

Terragent was Tigre's Trustee.
He could not be recruited into the Messengers of Tigre normally, but if they all died, he would join the Messengers of Tigre and bring Hugh Westburgh back from critical injuries.
His KARMAF' abilities were that he had three votes, but his vote count would only refresh back to full every two days.
He won! Tigre was right to hide his folders inside this guy's house. From the grave, the brave salute you.

hawkesnightmare was Avaritia, Queen of Greed.
He could put a mark on another player every night. He'd gain 1 INTEL if they were a Messenger of Tigre, and snatch 1 INTEL from the GFE if they were GFE.
His KARMAF' abilities were that he could only talk while dead, not while alive.
She couldn't consume humanity in their own greed. Auroraville didn't even fall to the power-hungry GFE, but these pesky Messengers of Tigre saved the day! Grr!

----

QuickTopics:
- GFE Head Office / Mafia QuickTopic
- Messengers of Tigre Hidden Quarters / Insiders QT
- The Mysterious QT wasn't used except for DQ-worthy posts and my own, while the Dead Thread was abandoned Night 2 because people talked in this topic anyway.

Airnike's retrospective on KARMAF':
- Satel: For any other place, this vote-carrying ability would've been broken, but he never could touch even a double-voting point... This was meant for Satel to take a seat back early, which he kinda didn't.
- HPD: Technically, he was one of the stronger KARMAFs around, since he had to get voted to lose a vote, for one day, and he could survive a lynch. Mafia had to say "f**k that" and kill him night one. lol. This was meant to counter the "lynch HPD" thingy, by giving HIM more lynch votes and enabling him to survive getting lynched.
- Dragonite: Kinda weaksauce, as he was fragile for no compensation while alive. This is kinda sad that it turned out this way, as Dragonite is usually at his best when late-game and not dead. This KARMAF seet was meant for him to just go all-out since he got easier to lynch (and more punishing) as time went by.
- Pkdragon: I like this KARMAF'. A lot! Pk had to end up being mafia though. Surprisingly he didn't even give votes to Linkman, which turned out to be both for the best and for the worst. Also, I had to avoid pk going full pk and give votes to Sven all game.
- Terragent: This KARMAF' was, as we found out, obscenely broken. He made the entirety of the game's lynches except the Day 1, simply because I didn't take pk's abilities into account whiloe devising a Terragent play on the spot. Had to give him an incentive to play the game, right? Sad thing is, by day 2 he was playing the game and the other players by himself.
- MysteriousLad: This was meant for him to have much more limited communication, but the fact is, it was far too limited. Communication is powerful, but in this concept, it was terribadly underpowered. The Lad didn't even play the game...
- Sven: I didn't 100% know what to do to bite him in the back like I did everybody, so I made him easy as hell to kill at day, so I had to trade it with some night defense. Also, I had to avoid braindeadness kicking in and thus avoided him benefitting from pk's ability all game.
- Linkman: This didn't quite function like I intended to. Since I couldn't quite figure out a playstyle for Linky, I just gave him two votes, and rewarded him for keeping players off of wagoning him. In the end, he fell to a one-man wagon called Terragent under pk-dope. Pk, you shoulda thought more about who you were giving votes to. gg
- Hawkesnightmare: I apologized for this, but this was a throwback about how he was more trustworthy while dead. Welp here he'd go and be more trustworthy while dead. He ended up being third-party, which while not intended had double the effect. The talk cut was horrid though, as he had no compensation until death. Even the Lad was better off.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Re: Auroraville (Insider Maf) - TOWN WINS DAY 3

Post by Dragonite » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:41 am

Wait. We already won what.

Oh right, mafia needs intel to win instead of just rout? Eh.. okay. Added to the list of whats.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:52 am

Alright, I read the quicktopics and have a slighty better grasp on things. Still confusing, but at least it looks like people never need to forget Terr is gifted with common sense.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:32 am

Dragonite wrote:Wait. We already won what.

Oh right, mafia needs intel to win instead of just rout? Eh.. okay. Added to the list of whats.
No. Mafia could win by being 50% of the living population and they would also win if they had 5 INTEL.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:17 am

Wait I died after doing nothing all game?
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:24 am

we won mlad

together

we share this victory

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:31 am

I have to say, I played the game, and I still don't understand half the rules.

Did we need that many new things Airnike? Karmaf? Messengers of the Tigre? Hugh Westburgh? Intel?
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:33 am

hugh westburgh never dies

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:39 am

so i win basically

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:40 am

Fun fact: if you google Hugh Westburgh, WWN is the first result.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:44 am

id like to suggest that due to me and terr both being the only ones alive at the end and clearly we both achieved 50% that everyone wins except for airnike

obviously hawkes is dead so he doesn't count

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:45 am

People were actually playing this seriously?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:48 am

i think satel was

i could see his blood pressure rising a couple times

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:00 am

but do you have 5 intel

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:13 am

i have 5 tulpas

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:21 am

all right some real talk
- how the fudge was hawkes supposed to win at stealing maybe 1 intel per day?
- communication limiting is like Do Not Do in mafia #1
- bringing people back to life after they've dead is probably #2
- that said my karlmaf was awesome and i enjoyed using it, even if it backfired on us. hell, i would have probably won if town didn't have a non-traditional win condition, the entire time i was thinking "i really wish i had this in a normal game where the only gimmick was variable number of votes"

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:39 am

i was playing this seriously, heck i had the mafia got by the time i died

RT answers:
- he couldn't period. there was no way this game would drag on for three days and nights, while it was his best chance at winning.
- totally. told'im that was bollocks from the start
- paying attention is Do in mafia #1
- i think stacking both gimmicks was too much
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:59 am

Linkman wrote:I have to say, I played the game, and I still don't understand half the rules.

Did we need that many new things Airnike? Karmaf? Messengers of the Tigre? Hugh Westburgh? Intel?
Welp, yes.
Karmaf was its own thing regardless of Insider Maf anyway.
Messengers of Tigre is a lore name for Insiders anyway. And it's not really hard to comprehend.
I had to give a name to the original Insider, as to distinguish him even from the group.
As for Intel, it's the Mafia's counter-mechanic, otherwise any vanilla game with Insiders would be a Town victory 100% sure.
Pkdragon wrote:all right some real talk
- how the fudge was hawkes supposed to win at stealing maybe 1 intel per day?
- communication limiting is like Do Not Do in mafia #1
- bringing people back to life after they've dead is probably #2
- that said my karlmaf was awesome and i enjoyed using it, even if it backfired on us. hell, i would have probably won if town didn't have a non-traditional win condition, the entire time i was thinking "i really wish i had this in a normal game where the only gimmick was variable number of votes"
- originally the role gained INTEL twice as fast and stole all INTEL from the mafia with that night action, but without seeing it in practice it sounded more broken
- Yeah, but ML needs to shut up sometimes. This was a more clever-looking KARMAF. Also, for hawkes, well, i already apologized, didn't I?
- I had to, once again, and since it happens fast enough for players not to get a glimpse into the game, it's not really a bother.
- I liked your karmaf, but not 100% your use of it. Shoulda done like hawkes, preventing you from using that action twice on the same person in the game.
Satel wrote:- he couldn't period. there was no way this game would drag on for three days and nights, while it was his best chance at winning.
- totally. told'im that was bollocks from the start
- paying attention is Do in mafia #1
- i think stacking both gimmicks was too much
- Yeah, the nerfs to Avaritia were urgency, but they were just as miscalculated as the original role. But even with the original numbers, hawkes would've had 4 INTEL. (He did find out Terragent, and Satel was an insta-given anyway).
- Post restrictions are mentioned in the mafia wiki for a reason. Figured this was the time to use it.
- This.
- The Insiders alone felt too tame for a game of mine. There's still 3 concept games waiting, even with Insider Maf and KARMAF' combined into one game. Coincidence made that Insider Maf' was very night oriented while KARMAF' was nearly 100% about voting power and communication.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:22 am

I was mostly confused since I was mostly watching the Terrminator do it's job all game, while being more of a paperweight each day.
Fun fact: day 4 my required votes would've hit 0. Airnike told me that as a result I would have been able to be lynched without ending the day phase...

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:47 am

Satel wrote: - paying attention is Do in mafia #1
nah, lynching is do #1

but i was talking game design, and every time i consider a rez mechanic i decide it would be one of the worst things ever because:
-rewards bad play (dying AND lynching the wrong person)
-cheapens town actions if you die from a lynch
- confirms someone's role, which lowers the tension. confirmed civs are great and the town wants as many of them as possible, but from a game design perspective they're pretty bad unless they come out naturally as a result of the game politics

and all jokes aside, i did actually read most of the rules they were just fairly confusing. in particular my brain refused to acknowledge the rezzing because rez's are so bad, i literally read the line that said Hugh revived and thought "oh the backup guy becomes Hugh", it was my brain revolting against the idea of a player coming back to life after being lynched

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:24 am

I understood the game pretty well, I think. I do think this would be a better game for a very large setup, 20+ players, which would allow my character enough time to gain intel and fulfill the win condition, and also provide the town with enough fodder to prevent the mafia from immediately killing the insiders.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:22 am

Pkdragon wrote:
Satel wrote: - paying attention is Do in mafia #1
nah, lynching is do #1
*cough* those statements together are... problematic.

All being said though, this was a fun game, even if it was a tad crumpets insane experimental in the end.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:34 am

So, who's creating next?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:59 pm

What if WWN is host to its first Treedmaf?

*lightning bolts crackle in the distance and the double doors to WWN castle begin to rattle as a cool wind inexplicably and definitely unrelated to what Treed suggested picks up speed outside*

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:14 pm

hawkesnightmare wrote:I understood the game pretty well, I think. I do think this would be a better game for a very large setup, 20+ players, which would allow my character enough time to gain intel and fulfill the win condition, and also provide the town with enough fodder to prevent the mafia from immediately killing the insiders.
20+ players would make INTEL a very early victory mechanic (if you still win at 5 INTEL that is), meaning town stands nearly no chance whatsoever.
HPD wrote:So, who's creating next?
I think Satel wanted to organize this next game, considering we were supposed to host one together but in the end I took the reins on my own and we got this.
Treedweller wrote:What if WWN is host to its first Treedmaf?

*lightning bolts crackle in the distance and the double doors to WWN castle begin to rattle as a cool wind inexplicably and definitely unrelated to what Treed suggested picks up speed outside*
Whatever Treedmaf means. I'm in for whatever game gets announced first as I always was anyway.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Yeah, I'd wait for my turn if it's for Treedmaf.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:57 am

HPD wrote:So, who's creating next?
If you guys want a more refined version of advance wars mafia I can do that.
I'm also up for running a simple, basic, open setup without gimmicks.
Last edited by MysteriousLad on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wait, wait, wait.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:57 am

Oh treedmaf sounds cool
Ignore me

Wait, wait, wait.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:09 am

I'm afraid of treedmaf.