Mafia 20XX (Signups!)

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Mafia 20XX (Signups!)

Post by Linkman » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:42 am

Victims:

Dragonite
hawkesnightmare
Pkdragon
scraggypunk
Bonesy
Sven
Terragent
MysteriousLad
Airnike
HPD
Satel
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Dragonite

Re: Mafia 20XX

Post by Dragonite » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:54 am

No gimmicks. Cop and doctor only. Vanilla mafia.

...that was even a question?

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:51 am

I always have a little cherry on top, my sweet little miller princess.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:05 am

In.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:51 am

yes
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:01 pm

ok
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:11 pm

in but do remember i'm not on every day ayyyy

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:08 pm

yes

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Will deadlines be less absurdly lax than in the last game?

In if so.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:38 pm

Can we not have a cop and doctor setup, or at least give the Mafia a roleblocker or make the cop immune to protection.
Either way in
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:32 pm

Welp, no better setup to try to try out a new playstyle than vanilla, I suppose.

In.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:48 pm

I was making fun of melee 20XX.
Linky's going to pull something. Can't be worse then prettiest princess.

I would prefer vanilla though. Even if it goes follow the cop, it at least would improve our sense of sane town play. Depowered mafia is frankly not WWN's first concern with balance.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Sane town play

no such thing exists

in
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:08 pm

FOLLOW THE COP. DO YOU USE IT PEOPLE
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:59 pm

We used too. I'm curious if we still can though. Playerstyles and who tends to sign up has shifted a bit. Several good players aren't very active nowadays.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:17 am

MysteriousLad wrote:Can we not have a cop and doctor setup, or at least give the Mafia a roleblocker or make the cop immune to protection.
Either way in
i dont see why this is a balance concern even if we have a cop and doctor we never use it to our advantage

indeed the squirtle squad was founded in an effort to prevent such shenanigans
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:40 am

It will be vanilla with a twist, yes.

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:52 am

either way im in
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:53 am

I wanna be a cute and fuzzy kitten.
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Mafia 20XX (Signups!)

Post by Linkman » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:21 am

Wrapping up signups tomorrow evening? That should do.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:28 am

wait we need kireato

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:08 am

Last call laddies

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:59 am

FOLLOW THE COP. DO YOU USE IT PEOPLE
For twelve mafia games, you have been asking: Who is the cop? This is the cop speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your mafia, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge -I am the man who will now tell you.”
The frenchies were the only ones able to move; they ran to a television set and struggled frantically with its dials. But the screen remained empty; the speaker had not chosen to be seen. Only his voice filled the airways of the country - of the wars world, thought one frenchie - sounding as if he were speaking here, in this room, not to a group, but to one man; it was not the tone of addressing a meeting, but the tone of addressing a mind.
“You have heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis. You have said it yourself, half in fear, half in hope that the words had no meaning. You have cried that man’s sins are destroying the game of mafia and you have cursed human nature for its unwillingness to practice the virtues you demanded. Since virtue, to you, consists of sacrifice, you have demanded more sacrifices at every successive disaster. In the name of a return to morality, you have sacrificed all those evils which you held as the cause of your plight. You have sacrificed justice to mercy. You have sacrificed independence to unity. You have sacrificed reason to faith. You have sacrificed wealth to need. You have sacrificed self-esteem to self-denial. You have sacrificed happiness to duty.
“You have destroyed all that which you held to be evil and achieved all that which you held to be good. Why, then, do you shrink in horror from the sight of the world around you? That mafia game is not the product of your sins, it is the product and the image of your virtues. It is your moral ideal brought into reality in its full and final perfection. You have fought for it, you have dreamed of it, and you have wished it, and I-I am the man who has granted you your wish.
“Your ideal had an implacable enemy, which your code of morality was designed to destroy. I have withdrawn that enemy. I have taken it out of your way and out of your reach. I have removed the source of all those evils you were sacrificing one by one. I have ended your battle. I have stopped your motor. I have deprived your mafia game of man’s mind.
“Men do not live by the mind, you say? I have withdrawn those who do. The mind is impotent, you say? I have withdrawn those whose mind isn’t. There are values higher than the mind, you say? I have withdrawn those for whom there aren’t.
“While you were dragging to your sacrificial altars the men of justice, of independence, of reason, of wealth, of self-esteem-I beat you to it, I reached them first. I told them the nature of the mafia game you were playing and the nature of that moral code of yours, which they had been too innocently generous to grasp. I showed them the way to live by another morality-mine. It is mine that they chose to follow.
“All the men who have vanished, the men you hated, yet dreaded to lose, it is I who have taken them away from you. Do not attempt to find us. We do not choose to be found. Do not cry that it is our duty to serve you. We do not recognize such duty. Do not cry that you need us. We do not consider need a claim. Do not cry that you own us. You don’t. Do not beg us to return. We are on strike, we, the men of the squirtle squad.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:45 am

wat

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:03 pm

My thoughts exactly. Seems targeted at me on top of that, what with all these mentions of frenchies. But I'm not responding to Stu-licious scenarios.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:52 am

I fear at one point we will attract randist spamboys.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:08 am

Here I am.

I already have a plan.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:13 am

You made it riiiiight in time Kireato!