Smash Bros Mafia (Mafia wins!)

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Airnike

Re: Smash Bros Mafia (Night 2)

Post by Airnike » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:22 pm

I mean, look at me. I'm villager too, but I'm also Luigi. And also, by the word of Kireatobot, a shoe.
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:14 pm

I'm not Jigglypuff. Something seems to have been going on. HPD was winning to sacrifice himself(but maybe it was a bluff), and I heard something about ''evidence''. We'll see tomorrow.

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:46 pm

dragonite 100% confirmed mafia

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:37 am

C'mon you guys, hurry the crud up.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:19 am

come on euros and australians get your crumpets together

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:32 am

I've thought about this.

I've concluded we'll know more on the next day.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Smash Bros Mafia (Night 1)

Post by Linkman » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:57 am

JIgglypuff used Rest!

It hits poor Dragonite!

Bowser used his Up-B!

It hits poor Satel!

Dragonite has died! He was a Villager! (and uh... princess peach in our hearts)
Satel has died! He was a Villager! (pikachu?)

Eight alive players, five to lynch!

Alive Players:

Alive Players:

1. Dragonite (Villager Princess Peach)
2. hawkesnightmare (Captain Falcon)
3. Pkdragon (Villager Charizard)
4. scraggypunk
5. Bonesy
6. Sven
7. Terragent
8. MysteriousLad (Doctor Mario)
9. Airnike
10. HPD
11. Satel (Villager Pikachu)
12. Kireato
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Re: Smash Bros Mafia Day 3

Post by Bonesy » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:05 am

lynch hpd
Last edited by Bonesy on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:32 am

lynch hpd

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:45 am

LYNCH HPD

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:38 am

How to not play mafia.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:32 pm

HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:51 pm

lynch hpd
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:23 am

pika- bleh
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:34 am

lynch hpd lol
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:10 am

10/10

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:10 am

Well let's hope HPD is mafia, because you just lynched him.

Linkman may have said:
Eight alive players, five to lynch!

But we're only seven, so it's four to lynch.

Thankfully, even if HPD isn't mafia we still have a coin flip of a chance. We simply need to pray that Jigglypuff will gloriously save us by targeting a mafia tonight. Then tomorrow, if one of the town players gets the shine there is maybe a chance to overturn the situation! It'll be a high stakes showdown!

Everything RESTS on Jigglypuff. That one player who targeted the one player claiming Captain Falcon on night 1 and Dragonite (advised by our dear late marxist charizard villager Pkdragon) on night 2! Who could it be? <_<

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:10 am

HPD was Lynched!

He was Villager... Falco or something!

Six players alive, three mafia, one jigglypuff! Jiggles: rest properly or die!

DISCLAIMER: if the mob hit the jiggles and the jiggles hit the mob, both kills go through an the mob wins since it'd be 2 mafia v 2 town.

Alive Players:

1. Dragonite (Villager Princess Peach)
2. hawkesnightmare (Captain Falcon)
3. Pkdragon (Villager Charizard)
4. scraggypunk
5. Bonesy
6. Sven
7. Terragent
8. MysteriousLad (Doctor Mario)
9. Airnike
10. HPD (Villager Falco)
11. Satel (Villager Pikachu)
12. Kireato

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Smash Bros Mafia Night 3

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:14 am

FYI HPD had the shine this day phase. Too bad we didn't get to see him use it. :(

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:43 am

oh i died

what the hell i was out for the weekend and you guys lynch me while i have the shine

not even glorious master fox can stop a lynch hpd wagon :(
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:00 am

DISCLAIMER: if the mob hit the jiggles and the jiggles hit the mob, both kills go through an the mob wins since it'd be 2 mafia v 2 town.
That's incorrect!

Even if Jigglypuff dies while killing a mafia, day 4 can start with the two remaining mafia and two remaining town without it being an automatic win for the mafia.

There would be a 50% chance of one of the town players to have the shine instead of one of the mafia players. If the mafia choose poorly and try to lynch upon the player with the shine (50% chance) then town players can actually kill a mafia player! The remaining mafia player will of course retaliate at night and we'll move on to day 5 where we'll have one mafia and one town and whoever has the shine WINS! That's a 12.5% chance of victory in that scenario and plenty for a comeback!

Please note that Jigglypuff only takes half votes to kill. It's important because even with the shine, he can be killed before he can activate it!

By the way, Linkman, haven't you been forgetting the fact that if Jigglypuff kills at night, on the next day, that player's vote doesn't count? I know I said that HPD was dead, but were there enough votes to kill him? Are you sure? (Maybe you should just scratch that rule? )

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:08 am

The shine needs manual activation once a day when you happen to have non-majority votes on you though. Either a majority is impossible to begin with, or the day ends. If the mafia don't have the shine they can just go no lynch, weird as it sounds. I dunno, rules are weird. Mafia being equal numbers to town is the wincon for good reason it seems.(by lore accounts it's just the mafia coming out of hiding since they are no longer outnumbered and can just shoot everybody by day anyway.)

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:20 am

Wrong, Dragonite!

Even if town cannot reach a majority vote of 3 during the day, they can still have the most votes (so 2) against a mafia player by the time limit of the day and then the mafia will die. In order to avoid the death of a mafia player, the mafia must both vote against one of the town players in order to reach a tie, and that's when they have to hope they aren't lynching the player with the shine. That's how the town can still lynch a mafia on day 4! The shine rule changes everything.

And if the day 3 vote is valid, there are only two players who can be Jigglypuff, me or Terragent.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:25 am

I haven't worked out the endgame, but, it doesn't really matter.

JIgglypuff used Rest!

It hits poor scraggypunk!

Scraggypunk has died! She was a Villager!

The mafia wins!!

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:26 am

ROLE DISTRIBUTION

VILLAGERS

6. Sven
3. Pkdragon
1. Dragonite
4. scraggypunk
11. Satel
10. HPD

Captain Falcon: 2. hawkesnightmare
Doctor Mario: 8. MysteriousLad
Jigglypuff: 7. Terragent

Regular Mafia: 5. Bonesy
Framer: 9. Airnike
Godfather: 12.Kireato

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:27 am

That has to be the worst god damned town play ever.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:37 am

That Jigglypuff was insane.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:41 am

Yeah, I was moody all week, which equals looking weird since I'm usually HPD the second.

As for the rest.. I want to cook turtle soup. I'm pretty sure it's all for lols, but whenever PK and especially Sven are steering the discussion disaster strikes.
To be really nerdy about it, they tend to frame the game into a certain narrative the first chance they get. In this game the mafia barely needed manipulation while the town was tearing itself apart. I think I'll start preferring ML's overly complex confirmed path to victory schemes over take those two seriously again. You have been warned XD.

(I'm done with the salt, can I have some pepper? I like pepper)

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:58 am

This game was an absolute trainwreck.

Grats to Airnike for winning by doing absolutely nothing. His posts were basically a blatant mafia claim that was completely ignored by everyone, even when I tried to point it out. And I get lynched without any chance of defence for my trouble.

I like my games to be as entertaining as possible, but this game seemed to be more about causing as much damage as possible to the town than contributing to the overall entertainment.

And it's really time to stop bullying ML. Give the guy a rest.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Terragent

Re: Smash Bros Mafia (Mafia wins!)

Post by Terragent » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:34 am

To be fair, I mostly went for hits because they'd be hilarious rather than because they'd be helpful - scraggy was my only 100% serious target and was pretty much a case of "pick the bandwagon voter" (and failing).

The no-vote restriction was pretty nasty, because I felt discouraged from posting too much during the day, both because it'd make me a bigger target and because too many posts without a vote would look pretty suspicous after a while. So, uh, sorry town. I dun goofed.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Smash Bros Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:37 am

Linkman wrote:
Dragonite wrote:Are the rest drawbacks revealed in public when they take effect? Otherwise it's fairly easy for Puff to confirm innocent.
No. She will appear to work as normal, even having her votes counted as usual. The drawbacks will only be noticeable if you reach the needed votes to lynch her and/or a bandwagon including her reaches the necessary votes.

Oh and by the way you need seven votes to lynch someone.
I don't think I was clear enough :/. Terr, if you had voted I would have registered your vote. You would appear clean. If the lynch cap were reached, though, it'd be clear that someone in the voting group was Jigglypuff.

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:13 am

whenever PK and especially Sven are steering the discussion disaster strikes.
did you really want to follow the cop that badly? is a game where you show up and wait for the solution to be handed to you by other players actually fun for you?

it isn't for some of us playing here, and it's why we make the decisions we do.

to clarify - i'd rather have the host here be willing to make whacky setups that are probably imbalanced than have to deal with 100% perfect sterile mafia setups where we're all basically civilians.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:38 am

:(

Obviously I was too hasty/paranoid to see that clarification.

And yeah I prefer Mafia games to be at least a little bit wacky - vanilla can be very fun in face-to-face games where you actually have to worry about keeping a straight face or puzzling it out of other people, but the online civ game is often stupidly boring. Obviously you want to strike a balance, but realistically you can never have a perfect mix of fair-to-fun and if it has to be tilted one way or another I'd choose fun every time.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:50 am

And it's really time to stop bullying ML. Give the guy a rest.
I'm perfectly fine with this, I wouldn't have gone out of my way to hit him, but he literally opened up with "The cop must claim". And then the cop claimed, to make matters worse (this was a misunderstanding, of course, but the damage was done)

It wasn't his reputation that caused me to pick on him, it was his actions. I felt my hands were fairly tied in the matter, if someone starts with that i am going to lynch him. I don't care what your name is. It just so happens that ML happens to be the guy who starts that.

And of course that set the tone for the game lol.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:00 pm

The other thing is- villagers had a huge clue.
You have drawn villager. Feel free to stylize this as your Smash Bros character of choice if you so wish.
Two people start roleplaying a smash bros character. I start roleplaying Karl Marx. It should have been hard for villagers to miss this, though Airnike did do a sorta half assed Luigi claim that threw me off a bit. That was where the whole "villagers unite" thing came from. I didn't want to directly state anything because A) as a strategy it borders on cheesy, and B) didn't want to alert the mafia, but I was really hoping that would get people thinking.

I also indirectly asked Dragonite about it
what did linkman tell you that you could do with your role? Anything at all? Just curious :D
Was I too subtle? Perhaps. But I thought it would be plenty obvious, enough to get Dragonite at least communicating with the other obvious roleplayers or something. But he ignored me completely, so I figured he wasn't a villager. Hence my glorious deathbed advice. I regret nothing.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:00 pm

Terragent wrote::(

Obviously I was too hasty/paranoid to see that clarification.

And yeah I prefer Mafia games to be at least a little bit wacky - vanilla can be very fun in face-to-face games where you actually have to worry about keeping a straight face or puzzling it out of other people, but the online civ game is often stupidly boring. Obviously you want to strike a balance, but realistically you can never have a perfect mix of fair-to-fun and if it has to be tilted one way or another I'd choose fun every time.
Actually, this is wrong.
I can grab a tonne of setups which have the wackiness but balance.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:02 pm

This game was mad. People need to be more transparent as town in why they are voting people so that Mafia can't hide behind it and you can pick at their reasoning when they crack.

Wait, wait, wait.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Your 'clues' are completely baffling, Pk

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Also, people shouldn't lynch before the lynchee has claimed. Unless all PR's are dead.

Wait, wait, wait.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:57 pm

Sven wrote:
whenever PK and especially Sven are steering the discussion disaster strikes.
did you really want to follow the cop that badly? is a game where you show up and wait for the solution to be handed to you by other players actually fun for you?

it isn't for some of us playing here, and it's why we make the decisions we do.

to clarify - i'd rather have the host here be willing to make whacky setups that are probably imbalanced than have to deal with 100% perfect sterile mafia setups where we're all basically civilians.
You seem to have forgotten I was pretty harsh on ML myself. And not because I was bullying him, because I made it clear it's been proven dangerous to follow ML around when he happens to be mafia. I'm convinced he understood this argument. I was willing to try follow the cop because it's been ages though, because for good reason I doubted if the current players would be able to pull it off. And then you just killed him. It was unwise for ML to hog the spotlight being doctor though.

As for the rest, like HPD said, I ignored PK's hint because it made no sense whatsoever. Be clear about what you want without wrapping it in jokes if you want to work together with the town. Day 2 was logic garbage, and it's clear it doesn't win PK games.

A huge problem with Sven is that he doesn't play neutrally for long. For the last few games he always jumps on the first straw he sees, and often has a large bias for picking out specific players when doing this. Once this has happened, the resulting chaos consumes the town day 2 and 3, while the actual mafia pattern isn't pilled down(they just play along with it) Granted, Airnike is a common target and he somehow escaped attention, but.. Kir was looking very odd day 2 after that shine, and Bonesy was barely discussed. I do appreciate a bit of comedy every now and then, but to be honest your one-track-mind is worse then ML's has ever been. Sven will only win a game if we have a triple-dutch mafia team or something.

Of course, everybody else wasn't playing great either, but it would help if you would admit your own playstyle is flawed too.