Smash Bros Mafia (Mafia wins!)

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Sven

Re: Smash Bros Mafia (Mafia wins!)

Post by Sven » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:10 am

i don't think i've ever claimed i'm trying to win games with the way i play

Working man pk

Post by Working man pk » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:52 am

HPD I literally dropped in the IRC that town had a way to identify each other.

If you still couldn't connect the dots I don't know what to say.

I get it tho, you and Draggy both missed something obvious and failed to take opportunities presented to you, so you want to blame others for your inadequacy :)

This was a great game tho, can't fathom all the bitching. After day 1 you guys should have been ready for anything.

Working man pk

Post by Working man pk » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:02 am

Don't get me wrong I was obviously far from perfect due to my hands being tied for most of the game

I'm jus saying, glass houses don't throw stones etc

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:47 am

I took another look at the PM. I see you tried to exploit the ''feel free to just pretend to be anyone you like'. And I believe I already mentioned I was moody and didn't have my head in the game. I failed to consider you were going go ''we know how Linkman words PMs'', yeah I think abusing PM wording is a even more annoying strategy then follow the cop, so that might be why I didn't bother rereading it at all.

And Sven, I also said you probably play the way you do for lolz. You indeed had them since you've been heavily involved in stuff going south extremely quickly later. I request you start to at least try to win starting next game, or just don't sign up at all. Like Treed's antics, it's fun the first few times, but at this point it's getting a stale joke.

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:57 am

also, it's been the first time i didn't even try for ages and i still get killed, like what the fudge

i guess i still had fun while it lasted, also kudos to sven for understanding me =D
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:01 am

Yay! Wooh, wooh, weegee.
*faceplants into ground*
MysteriousLad be like:
Oh hello, I am MysteriousLad.
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:25 am

oh, it ended
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:26 am

Airnike wrote:Yay! Wooh, wooh, weegee.
*faceplants into ground*
You suck. ghosts

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:24 am

Working man pk wrote:HPD I literally dropped in the IRC that town had a way to identify each other.

If you still couldn't connect the dots I don't know what to say.

I get it tho, you and Draggy both missed something obvious and failed to take opportunities presented to you, so you want to blame others for your inadequacy :)

This was a great game tho, can't fathom all the bitching. After day 1 you guys should have been ready for anything.
Honestly, this argument is so flawed I don't even

One: Linkman specifically mentioned to stylize your role as your Smash Bros. character of choice. Last time I checked, Karl Marx was not in Smash Bros.

Two: There was absolutely no guarantee that Linkman did not say the exact same thing to the mafia in their role PMs.

Three: He probably did, because you even mention yourself that Airnike did, in fact, assume a role as mafia.

Four: You, and others, have a record of roleplaying whatever the hell you feel like at the moment. As Dragonite rightly points out, you guys have a tendency to force games into some weird narrative if you can. Influenced, no doubt, by Treed's attempts at playing mafia. Assuming as they are, they are no help whatsoever in getting a point across. They only tend to confuse the game, which favours the mafia.

Five: Not only did you roleplay Karl Marx, you started out role-playing as Fox, the fictive NPC char granting the shine, which threw people off even more than Marx did (yes, even counting you posting 120k words worth of communist crumpets).

Six: I even fudge believed you were innocent and jumped to your defense, even when people were lynching you. From your day one actions, I'd already gathered as much. Regardless if it was or wasn't in the way you had in mind, you had me convinced you were a villager. And what did I get for that in return? You vote to lynch me and even try a shine bluff to see if I dropped something.

Pk, you have no case against me whatsoever. The only one to blame for your failure is yourself.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:02 am

Satel wrote:also, it's been the first time i didn't even try for ages and i still get killed, like what the fudge

i guess i still had fun while it lasted, also kudos to sven for understanding me =D
Good work Pikachu! We did it!

Working man pk

Post by Working man pk » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:08 am

I think you might need to take a mafia break lol

I will say this, regarding points 2 and 3: the plan wasn't 100%. Of COURSE there was a chance that Linkman had said something similar to the mafia, though I didn't think so because the comment seemed so innocent. But that's besides the point. Any plan in mafia that is truly flawless isn't worth taking. It still had the potential to get the town together, which would have helped even if there was a traitor.

Am I alone in finding the fun part of mafia to be trying plans and gambit regardless of whether they work or not? I mean ideally it's better if they work but even if they don't they flavor the game. When Dragonite failed to respond to me, I was disappointed because I didn't get ANY response. Even a skeptical response could have led somewhere. I mean really, how do you plan to win if you aren't willing to gamble?

Also, I'm not saying it's your fault we lost (if you want to call such an amazing show of self destruction a loss), obviously not. I'm just sayin that you guys could have done a lot more, so don't heckle too hard.

I'll respond to the rest later, maybe, certainly can't address all your comments on a phone.

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:19 am

PK FIRE

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:38 am

Working man pk wrote:When Dragonite failed to respond to me, I was disappointed because I didn't get ANY response. Even a skeptical response could have led somewhere. I mean really, how do you plan to win if you aren't willing to gamble? \

Looking back at it, it was also specifically because the day ended soon after I got it(during european nighttime) After the weirdness of day 2 I had very little motivation to work with you.

We might indeed need a break though. Next game I also would like Narts on board, as even though he has quirks of his own he's very good at keeping the town's mind of silly distractions. I kind of miss some of the other oldtimers.. atticus, onewaystreet,mctool, liam.. Also GoD, but I have to admit his last few games weren't very good. Still, some extra players might help stuff along.

Working man pk

Post by Working man pk » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:44 am

Boredom at work strikes again

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:12 am

because liam and GoD were always a beacon of light for the town when times were dark

e: sorry, in a bit of a bad mood right now, ugh
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:09 am

It was just bad play by everyone. Most of the people who are good to follow around looked suspicious, I didn't read things through, and way too little thought was put into the lynch wagons all around. I think it's just because we're all mafia'd out and wanted so badly for a good long game that we ended up rushing it.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:03 pm

Fun fact: the Luigi claim was in my plans from the start, and I only read my role PM once HPD pointed out I would've been mafia, so I basically "learned" that as soon as HPD had the idea. (Yeah, sorry for not feeling like playing to win this time after my complete meltdown last game, I just had to dull my edge).
MysteriousLad be like:
Do you know when I was an OP player? When I wasn't in WWN and massclaims were legit good? Yea I miss the days I could force town to claim, rout out the mafia, and win the game for free day 3. Sometimes without being killed!
Senpai HPD notices me everyday when I'm town, do no scum play, and still get lynched day 1.
Anyway, it's time to go and ask people to claim and go lynch those who don't with my high-skill OP role.
I am MysteriousLad.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Don't worry, for all intents and purposes you played perfectly. We need to involve players not posting much more, it's easy for them to be mafia without experiencing pressure.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:39 pm

You won a straight victory and killed all important PR's by day 2. That's not bad play
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:05 am

I didn't. Kir did. All I did was frame Sven all game and pretend I was Luigi whila apparently being actually Bowser.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:15 am

you won as luigi while doing absolutely nothing

i can't think of any higher accolades
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:37 am

Xen: You need to use the embed code, otherwise it breaks. Fixed it for you.

EDIT: I know, I was on mobile and forgot to fix it later.
Last edited by hawkesnightmare on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:23 am

:3c

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:43 pm

Requesting next game to be hosted by Satel. We've talked behind the screen and he'd like it.
MysteriousLad be like:
I am MysteriousLad.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:13 am

Confirmed. I'm ready to register signups for the second coming of pokémaf, gangmaf, or a mix of both, that could be funny.

Whichever one you prefer.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:46 am

i think we need a break

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:50 am

I have to agree on that one. I'm afraid another gimmick game will just tire people out now. People need to be craving mafia again to give it their all.

Satel

Post by Satel » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:09 am

sure, the signups were to last at least one week anyway

plus i gotta redo all of it to make sure nothing breaks the game by itself

st3rn fudge st3rn

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:40 am

yeah i am strongly in favor of a break
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:29 pm

you guys get way too invested in this stuff
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:17 am

Yeah, because game can be more fun that way. It's psychological game at it's core.

It's a very easy game to mess around with if you aren't approaching it strictly ''I want to win''however, so that's why people get a little heated over recent events.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:34 am

also the board dies when a mafia game isn't in session as we are discovering right now

mafia is important for the continued existence of the site

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:45 pm

Do the resistance and/or something else :D
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:52 pm

if anyone knows any other games in this genre i would love to hear about it

otherwise i'll be hosting the resistance in ~2 days

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:10 pm

The resistance is the game with the missions/moles right?

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:55 am

"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:25 am

secret hitler?

yesss

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:10 am

We could must play Secret Hitler.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:11 am

That game sounds amazing

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:28 am

Sounds good. So we can convert that to a forum format if somebody is insane enough to host?