SECRET HITLER - DRAW CALLED

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: SECRET HITLER - VOTE FOR HAWKES AND NARTS

Post by Linkman » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:52 am

Fixing secret hitler for WWN step 2: voting is public and missing the voting deadlines implies *nein* rather than *ja*.

Or maybe *ja* rather than *nein*. Whatever hurts liberals the most.

EDIT: I know it looks like I'm turning Secret Hitler into mafia but the truth is I do think the game has many improvements over mafia. I specially like the fact that nobody stops playing except for the kills and that we can't meta just yet.

But it needs some touches for WWN play.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:08 am

You could also say that no vote is just that, no vote.

But let's first finish this game pretty please.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:26 am

multiple people haven't voted, i'm going to update monday regardless

Sven

Re: SECRET HITLER - SATEL CHOOSE CHANCELLOR

Post by Sven » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:08 am

4 Ja(Narts, HPD, Hawkes, Satel), 7 Nein. We will move on to the next candidate!
Satel is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:13 am

Satel never really voted (Last active: Fri 15 Apr 2016, 19:05:36), so that means I was the only one who voted in favour of this besides the candidates...

That really makes me think that Narts and Hawkes are not the fascists, where the fascists are in the main group stalling and rejecting governments.

Now to see who Satel is going to pick. I'd go with Narts again. That seems the logical move right now.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:38 am

I don't trust Narts due to the PK-Dragonite-Narts love triangle. So picking Narts was a no-no for me.

Obviously other people agree with me given that everybody but you also voted nein.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:36 am

Blame it on the triangle, but we still have no clue as to who is the liberal and who is the fascist.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:56 am

time to wait another 10 days for satel to get on his computer
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:24 am

I'm going to give Satel another 24 hours or so before skipping his turn. Dude probably doesn't have net access.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:43 pm

it happens
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:31 am

I'm honestly wondering if at this point it would be better just to end the game in a draw

I mean, I'm usually against that, and I'm genuinely interested if we can pull off a win, but the enthusiasm just isn't there and even my usually endless enthusiasm is pretty low atm (it's been a rough week)
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:27 pm

Well, I think the time's up and Satel hasn't logged on in that period (which we know means he doesn't have internet) so I'm going to say you may have to just skip his turn.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:03 pm

the real secret hitler was the friends we made along the way

scraggypunk

Re: SECRET HITLER - SCRAGGYPUNK CHOOSE CHANCELLOR

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:28 pm

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i pick xenesis
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Sven

Re: SECRET HITLER - VOTE FOR DEOXY AND XENESIS

Post by Sven » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:45 pm

[*]We're voting on approving the government of President scraggypunk and Chancellor Xenesis! Send me a PM with your vote!

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:00 am

Yes, go for this!

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:51 am

cottage for ~3 days

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:59 am

Linkman wrote:Yes, go for this!
its worth it just for xen being able to finally play

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue May 03, 2016 6:56 am

i think i'm just gonna end this game early, i haven't gotten all the votes after like 3 days lol.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue May 03, 2016 8:26 am

Yeah I'm all for calling the draw here.

Sven

Re: SECRET HITLER - DRAW CALLED

Post by Sven » Tue May 03, 2016 8:48 am

Calling it a draw for a variety of reasons, a big one being:

Satel is Hitler.

Terragent, Narts, Pkdragon, and Dragonite were the fascists.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Tue May 03, 2016 9:24 am

Unfortunate about Satel, but not much can be done.

Didn't pick Terr though!
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue May 03, 2016 9:27 am

Sven wrote:

mistakes were made

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue May 03, 2016 11:07 am

We had absurd luck in getting to be President both times an inspection got triggered; I suspect that we'd have taken out the win if Satel hadn't dropped off the web, though in principle the veto might have saved the liberals.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue May 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Urgh, yeah, if Satel is Hitler I understand why you'd want to end this thing

Narts

Post by Narts » Tue May 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Well it's not like the inspection would have helped the liberals much. Contradictory claims about dragonite was probably a mistake, though it seemed a fun way to cause confusion at the time. Then again it wasn't going to lose us the game either. Seems card luck was stacked against the village.

This game just underlined how important having certain & trustworthy ways to uncover information is to forum mafia. IRL it's more about reading poker faces and this Hitler game is probably good for that as it forces the fascists to do things and lie about it instead of just wait there passively and let things move on their own weight like they sort of can in Resistance (a game based on the principle of removing all the fun from Mafia)

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue May 03, 2016 6:16 pm

I agree we need some tweaks for this game in order for it to work in forum play. I do want to try this again with a few modifications. Think of:

Fewer players, max 10 probably
Voting, selecting chancellor etc in topic. Basically everything except card draws can be done in public I think
Inspection results are revealed to all
Allegiance is revealed on death
Voting phase ends the moment it hits majority

Stuff I missed? I'll probably get a new topic up tonight. It would be a shame to not invest more in a game with so much potential.

E: an alternative for inspections is to reveal the result to both president and chancellor but not anyone else. That way we'd stay a bit more true to the spirit of the game and would possibly be a bit fairer towards the fascist team

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue May 03, 2016 6:42 pm

I was genuinely distracted emotionally for most of the game. PK forgot I was facist and inspected me. I didn't double check if PK was facist after that, and indeed choked for a while. After PK bended the rules a bit to explain his major gaffle, I made a decision to stay silent to take advantage of the confusing circumstances. I very well might have gotten away with it too, with PK not being that untrustworthy after he outed me. A disadvantage of forum play is that indeed can stay silent for weeks as I please.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue May 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Yeah, I did PM Dragonite to apologize to him b/c outing him as facist was a genuine gaffe on my part, and I wanted to apologize. I tried not to communicate much more than that.

Satel being hitler was very unfortunate, because at the end we seemed to be leaning towards electing the people who hadn't gotten a chance to play yet, and Terragent was next. I feel like we may have been able to get away with a Hitler victory if Satel had been around, but sadly he wasn't, so the game was doomed to continue to be drawn out.

I did enjoy it, though.

PS: Linky, sorry about manipulating you a bit- in my defense though, you were sure to hit a fascist with your kill anyway. I was rooting for you, in a "i hope he doesn't win but i hope he at least manages to get elected this time" sort of way : )

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed May 04, 2016 12:16 am

PK buddy it's wwn mafia, of course I expected you to manipulate me. Don't even apologize.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Wed May 04, 2016 3:51 am

i still want to do dog mafia eventually

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed May 04, 2016 6:28 am

I'm sorry I vanished, my mind was elsewhere the last few weeks.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed May 04, 2016 6:44 am

Sven wrote:Calling it a draw for a variety of reasons, a big one being:

Satel is Hitler.

Interesting that you disagreed on the inspections.

EDIt: I didn't see that Pk forgot about Dragonite. That explains it.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu May 19, 2016 1:27 am

I am sorry to have let you all down, Internet was down WAY longer than expected and I had no reliable way to play this.

I just put it back on and logged in here first.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu May 19, 2016 2:16 am

yo it's just a game it's cool

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu May 19, 2016 3:43 am

What Sven said, really. Stuff happens, you can't really help it.

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu May 19, 2016 4:25 am

I know. It's a shame though. But hey, I'll be glad to participate now that I got the Net.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu May 19, 2016 4:37 am

Where is French 2: French Harder, tho?