SECRET HITLER - DRAW CALLED

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Sven

SECRET HITLER - DRAW CALLED

Post by Sven » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:06 am

WHAT ARE WE DOING RIGHT NOW?

[*]We're voting on approving the government of President scraggypunk and Chancellor Xenesis! Send me a PM with your vote!

WHAT'S THE PLAYER ORDER?

scraggypunk
Terragent
Xenesis
HPD
Kireato
Pkdragon
Narts
MysteriousLad
Linkman
hawkesnightmare
Satel

WHAT POLICIES HAVE BEEN ENACTED?
ROUND 1 LIBERAL POLICY HPD, DEOXY
ROUND 2 LIBERAL POLICY KIREATO, NARTS
ROUND 3 FASCIST POLICY PKDRAGON, LINKMAN
ROUND 4 FASCIST POLICY NARTS, DEOXY
ROUND 5 FASCIST POLICY MYSTERIOUS LAD, HPD
ROUND 6 FASCIST POLICY LINKMAN, TERRAGENT

WHAT'S THE GAME HISTORY?
Spoiler: show
  • We're voting on approving the government of President scraggypunk and Chancellor Xenesis! Send me a PM with your vote!
  • scraggypunk is this round's Presidential candidate! She needs to choose this round's chancellor.
  • scraggypunk is this round's Presidential candidate! She needs to choose this round's chancellor.
  • Satel is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
  • 4 Ja(Narts, HPD, Hawkes, Satel), 7 Nein. We will move on to the next candidate!
  • We're voting on approving the government of President hawkesnightmare and Chancellor Narts! Send me a PM with your vote!
  • hawkesnightmare is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
  • DRAGONITE HAS BEEN EXECUTED.
  • Linkman executes a player.
  • President Linkman and Chancellor Terragent are enacting legislation!
  • 9 Ja, 3 Nein(Deoxy, HPD, Satel). President Linkman and Chancellor Terragent will be enacting legislation!
  • We're voting on approving the government of President Linkman and Chancellor Terragent! Send me a PM with your vote!
  • Linkman is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
  • 3 Ja(Narts, Dragonite, Linkman), 9 Nein. We will move on to the next candidate!
  • We're voting on approving the government of President Dragonite and Chancellor Linkman! Send me a PM with your vote!
  • Dragonite is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
  • 5 Ja(mlad, dragonite, terragent, xenesis, linkman), 7 Nein. We will move on to the next candidate!
  • We're voting on approving the government of President Linkman and Chancellor Xenesis! Send me a PM with your vote!
  • Linkman is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
  • President Mysterious Lad is choosing the next President!
  • President Mysterious Lad and Chancellor HPD have enacted a Fascist policy!
  • President Mysterious Lad and Chancellor HPD are enacting legislation!
  • 10 Ja, 2 Nein(Deoxy, Pkdragon). President Mysterious Lad and Chancellor HPD will be enacting legislation!
  • We're voting on approving the government of President Mysterious Lad and Chancellor HPD! Send me a PM with your vote!
  • Mysterious Lad is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
  • President Narts is inspecting a player's role.
  • President Narts and Chancellor Deoxy have enacted a Fascist policy!
  • President Narts and Chancellor Deoxy are enacting legislation!
  • 12 Ja. President Narts and Chancellor Deoxy will be enacting legislation!
  • We're voting on approving the government of President Narts and Chancellor Deoxy! Send me a PM with your vote!
  • Narts is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
  • President Pkdragon is inspecting a player's role.
  • President Pkdragon and Chancellor Linkman have enacted a Fascist policy!
  • President Pkdragon and Chancellor Linkman are enacting legislation!
  • 11 Ja, 1 Nein(deoxy). President Pkdragon and Chancellor Linkman will be enacting legislation!
  • We're voting on approving the government of President Pkdragon and Chancellor Linkman! Send me a PM with your vote!
  • Pkdragon is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
  • President Kireato and Chancellor Narts have enacted a Liberal policy!
  • President Kireato and Chancellor Narts are enacting legislation!
  • 9 Ja, 3 Nein(hawke, deoxy, dragonite). President Kireato and Chancellor Narts will be enacting legislation!
  • We're voting on approving the government of President Kireato and Chancellor Narts! Send me a PM with your vote!
  • Kireato is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
  • President HPD and Chancellor Deoxy have enacted a Liberal policy!
  • President HPD and Chancellor Deoxy are enacting legislation!
  • 11 Ja, 1 Nein(Stern). President HPD and Chancellor Deoxy will be enacting legislation!
  • We're voting on approving the government of President HPD and Chancellor Deoxy! Send me a PM with your vote!
  • HPD is this round's Presidental candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
WHAT ARE THE RULES AGAIN?

7 Liberals
4 Fascists
1 Hitler

Otherwise no changes from Mysterious Lad's rules. Here's a copy of them below. If anything doesn't make sense, ask and we'll try and figure it out.
Spoiler: show
MysteriousLad wrote:Fill, going to dump the stuff here as I think how to convert this game to forum mode.

Game Setup:
At the beginning of the game, each player is secretly assigned to one of three roles by the mod: Liberal, Fascist, or Hitler. Hitler plays for the fascist team, and the fascists know who Hitler is, but Hitler does not know who his fellow fascists are. The Liberals don’t know who anyone is.
  • 6 Liberals
  • 3 Fascists
  • 1 Hitler
The mod should shuffle a list of all the players names as well, which should be made public. Mod also makes a list consisting of "Liberal Policy" eleven times and "Fascist Policy" six times, this is kept secret and is what would be the Policy Deck IRL.

Game Play:
Secret Hitler is played in rounds. Each round has an Election to form a government, a Legislative Session to enact a new policy,
and an Executive Action to exercise governmental power.
  • ELECTION:
    The player at the top of the list the mod shuffled becomes the presidential candidate. After each round the player that was the presidential candidate goes to the bottom of the list. The presidential candidate chooses somebody to be the chancellor (the chosen player can't have enacted the last policy as explained later.) After that all players can cast one vote, either JA or NEIN, on whether they accept this government. If more than 50% of the votes are JA, then the two players become the President and Chancellor. If three Fascist Policies are enacted and Hitler is made Chancellor then the Fascists win. A tie or a majority of NEIN means the ELECTION phase starts over win the next player on the list.

If a government is rejected three times in a row the top policy card on the list is instantly revealed and enacted.
  • LEGISLATIVE SESSION
    The President is Private Messaged by the mod a list of the top three cards on the mod's Policy Deck list. The President chooses one of the three cards to discard and the Chancellor gets to pick a card to discard out of the two remaining cards, also dealt with privately via PM's. Whichever Policy remains is enacted. If at any point there aren't three cards on the list the mod creates a new list only containing all unenacted cards (so if 1 Fascist Policy was enacted there will only be 5 Fascist cards in the mods list).

If the Fascist track veto right is in power then the Chancellor may also choose to veto a policy, if the president then agrees none of the two policies are chosen and the game moves back to the ELECTION phase. If the president doesn't agree then the Chancellor must choose a policy to discard.
  • EXECUTIVE ACTION
    If no Fascist policy was enacted skip this case and go back to the ELECTION PHASE. If a Fascist policy was enacted then the president gets to take whatever action is next on the Fascist track. So the first time a Fascist policy is enacted he gets to investigate somebody.

Investigation results only reveal what party players are aligned with (so Hitler is simply a member of the Fascist party) and the results are sent privately via PM.
Win-Conditions:
The liberals win by enacting five liberal policies or killing Hitler.
The fascists win by enacting six fascist policies, or if Hitler is elected chancellor late in the game.

Tracks:
Fascist:
  1. Inspect Loyalty - The President investigates a player's role.
  2. Inspect Loyalty - The President investigates a player's role.
  3. Call Special Election - The President picks the next presidential candidate. Note that all players that are thus skipped due to this are also sent to the bottom of the list.
  4. Execution - The President must kill a player.
  5. Execution - The President must kill a player and veto power is unlocked.
  6. Government Coup - Fascists win.
Rules:
No out-of-game communication such as Private Messages, etc.
Last edited by Sven on Tue May 03, 2016 8:47 am, edited 38 times in total.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: SECRET HITLER

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:20 am

I need to read up on this tonight and see what I need to do for my campaign...

HPD 2016

Let's make this happen
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:29 am

lynch HPD
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:42 am

We shall live forever more
We can start a nuclear war!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:06 am

I honestly see no reason why we shouldn't vote JA for HPD, we have no information right now and if we just keep denying people a random policy will be enacted which gives us no info either. Honestly taking a gamble an voting JA seems to provide more information than just analysing voting patterns and making dodgy speculations without any real evidence.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:06 am

I'm going to refrain from voting though until people have discussed.

Wait, wait, wait.

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:41 am

You couldn't vote anyway before he's chosen a chancellor.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:55 am

so is there anything to do
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:58 am

One can always post hitler memes

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:09 am

PRO LIFE

EQUAL RIGHTS FOR GAYS

DOWN WITH TRUMP
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:17 am

scraggypunk wrote:so is there anything to do
While we wait for HPD to choose a chancellor, we can have our regular mafia talk. You can already accuse people of being fascists, talk about who would be best president and who you'll never trust as president/chancellor.

The votes to elect the government are supposed to be simultaneously revealed in Secret Hitler, but it doesn't seem like the rules burden Sven with that task and we just vote in topic?
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:22 am

Kireato is Hitler.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:30 am

Simultaneous revealing really isn't difficult, you'll all just have to PM me your votes.

Everything you need to do will always be written at the top of my first post.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:57 am

People should know who voted who though and with us unable to read expressions in-thread voting makes more sense.

Wait, wait, wait.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:15 am

We can discuss the election in the thread, send our vote to Sven and once everyone has sent their vote, Sven gives a list of who has voted Ja and who has voted Nein.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:23 am

i'm liberal btw
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:33 am

I choose Deoxy to be my chancellor
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:06 am

Alright, send me PMs with your votes!

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:17 am

do i have to pm?

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:27 am

yes

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:35 am

So, we're not supposed to discuss anything before voting?
My instincts are revolting.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:41 am

Kireato wrote:
scraggypunk wrote:so is there anything to do
While we wait for HPD to choose a chancellor, we can have our regular mafia talk. You can already accuse people of being fascists, talk about who would be best president and who you'll never trust as president/chancellor.
We can absolutely discuss things

it just isn't required

Personally I'm going to go Ja for one reason- I'm not 100% sure I follow how the game works so I want to actually see a round successfully played out before making decisions about denying turns and all that. HPD is as good a test dummy as anyone, JA?
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:49 am

Now I'm so sad my second German teacher kind of sucked and I never finished learning German.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:58 am

Dragonite wrote:So, we're not supposed to discuss anything before voting?
My instincts are revolting.
Uh, no, you've got this wrong. Obviously, we discuss the President's proposal before we start the vote. In fact, as long as anyone withholds his vote, the discussion will go on and we can all try to convince each other about whether we thing it's a good or bad government.

I don't find much to discuss about the current proposal however. HPD hasn't exactly argued for his choice of chancellor. That said, Deoxy is the only one who has claimed to be a liberal, so there's that? I've personally already sent my vote. In any case, there's a good chance one of them is a fascist who will try to slip in a fascist policy if they can so we'll probably have stuff to discuss soon.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:05 am

I just picked Deoxy because she alone roleclaimed liberal. I figured it was a good way to put that claim to the test.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:50 am

good. please vote for me! i'd like to see how this "pick a policy" thing works first hand
because unless i'm not reading the rules correctly it seems awfully arbitrary, like there isn't a way to tell if what you're doing is helping the fascists or not

which, like, is completely historically accurate, but still
wisdom

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:52 am

To clarify on Kir's logic: one of them being a fascist is the most likely possibility. Both of them being fascists is the least likely possibility. It's all going to come down to which policies get drawn (ie, if it's two liberal and one fascist then the fascist policy will only go through if they're both fascists).

Deoxy: if you and HPD win the election then Sven will give HPD three random policies (each of which will be either LIBERAL or FASCIST). HPD will discard one of them and pass the two remaining policies to you; you will then discard one more and the one remaining policy will be enacted.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:49 pm

oh so they're labeled. okay
wisdom

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Yeah, i read up on the rules now, should be ok

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:57 pm

Also, I'm totally up for having the President and Chancellor always claim what they received.

Wait, wait, wait.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Sure, but in honour of the rules I'll only do that after the legislative phase.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:54 pm

I is not too sure about how this works, but let's see what the first president gives us, ja?
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Down with the hat tax!

In all seriousness, vote time!
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:48 pm

Okay so what I gather is this:

1. HPD, as he will know which policies Deoxy has to choose from, will have a clear picture on whether Deoxy is Liberal or Fascist.
2. He will also get to investigate someone *if and only if* one of HPD and Deoxy is Fascist.

Therefore I am going to vote:

Ja,

and will advise all of you to vote your hearts. But in the off chance a fascist policy is enacted, the next president (Kireato) should skip both HPD and Deoxy in favor of someone else.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:02 am

1. Not necessarily, for several reasons.

a) If the two policies he gives Deoxy are identical, it will reveal nothing about her affiliation.
b) Even if he gives her one each of Liberal and Fascist, Fascists can (in principle) always enact Liberal policies in order to allay suspicion - similarly the Liberals get some benefit from enacting Fascist policies (since if they can identify Hitler then the execution will let them win the game outright). Not 100% cut and dried, though in most cases I'd expect policy enactment to fall along factional lines.

2. You're missing the possibility of a triple Fascist policy draw. But that's not likely, to be fair.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:13 am

So what I said is not 100%--but it still applies for most cases, right? I think we're safe betting on that, at least to begin.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:47 am

I plan to give a full report once the policy is enacted. I expect Deoxy to do the same.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:55 am

We went a bit through this during The Resistance; yes, a fascist can pretend to be liberal and pretend to be a "safe" choice for future elections. Let's not make the same mistake! The liberals have the odds here.

If a fascist policy passes, we basically "burn" both HPD and Deoxy. We have better odds picking from the rest of the crowd than risking it with either of them.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:41 am

We'll see what happens.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:10 am

JA
For science.

Wait, wait, wait.