SECRET HITLER - DRAW CALLED

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

scraggypunk

Re: SECRET HITLER - ENACTING LEGISLATION

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:37 am

this is why i've been voting nein over and over
i'm the only confirmed liberal
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Working man pk

Post by Working man pk » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:21 am

So ml is picking next election?

Elect Kireato imo

Narts

Post by Narts » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:38 am

My freedom sense is tingling. Someone's not been honest.

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:58 am

Kireato wrote:@Satel
Earlier you said the following:
Also, Lad you should choose HPD. I trust you know why.
What was Mysteriouslad supposed to know exactly?
That choosing HPD would've made it easy to trap him if he indeed was a fascist. Which I honestly doubt, but we never know.

Also, obviously someone has lied. I called it days ago. But Kir and deoxy seem trustworthy enough to get themselves elected.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Working man pk

Post by Working man pk » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:30 am

If Narts has nothing to hide

Why does he wear mask???

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:46 am

Can we get a clarification on this, Sven?

gonna go with kireato's rules. it'll be a oneshot election

Sven

Re: SECRET HITLER - president using powers

Post by Sven » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:28 am

ONE-SHOT ELECTION

LINKMAN IS NOW PRESIDENT

Sven

Re: SECRET HITLER - VOTE FOR LINKMAN AND XENESIS

Post by Sven » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:12 am

quick recap for the confused:

President Mysterious Lad is choosing the next President!

Linkman is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.

We're voting on approving the government of President Linkman and Chancellor Xenesis! Send me a PM with your vote!

we're voting now.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:41 am

Out of all the past president/chancellors, only Kireato has not participated in a fascist policy and he said he got a triple liberal draw. I figure we have better odds picking out of the pool of unproven players.

Vote for us!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:30 am

Do I have to vote on my own chancellorship? I'm not quite clear on that.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Sven

Post by Sven » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:19 am

Issue handled via IRC.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:01 am

on one hand, i don't agree with that logic. on the other hand, i do think the same few people getting to be in power is probably pretty boring for everybody
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:27 pm

On one hand, I csee where you're going from, Linky.

On the other hand, if you're a fascist, you would use the same logic to get Hitler elected.

I'm not too sure about this one.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Oh right, we have to worry about that now. Have we had a deck shuffle?

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:01 am

Honestly, Hitler is as likely to be in the first bunch of people as the latter bunch of people

really the only safe people are people who have let a whole bunch of suspicion fall on them, like me and dragonite and narts, because hitler would be trying his best to avoid suspicion, but electing people like us is a great way to get more facist policies passed (especially if you were to go with draggy or narts instead of me, tbqh i'm the safest chancellor right now but i doubt people will listen to that :P )

so it comes down to the same people in power being boring. it's our first game, we hardly know how to play, we shouldn't keep people from playing due to excessive paranoia
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:04 am

Please don't take my side PK, it makes me look bad.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:32 am

I do not understand the decision to make Linkman president for the one-shot election. I already didn't want to see Linkman as President before this, but this really seems like a bid for power from the fascists.

I think it's safe to say that none of us trust Dragonite. That means that the only way to avoid the people enacting the top card of the policy deck is to approve of one of Linkman's governments. That's a great way to force a chancellor on us.

I'll be voting against the next three governments.

Fun fact: the policy deck does not get shuffled until it cannot sustain the cards we need to draw from it. This means in turn that if a president has to draw three cards, since there are only two cards left, the policy deck gets reshuffled. But if we only have to draw one because the people are enacting the top policy of the policy deck because we fail to elect a government? The deck doesn't get reshuffled, and we get to know what cards are left at the bottom of the deck.

If two out of the last three presidents didn't lie about getting three fascist policy card, it's a 50/50 to enact a liberal policy if we refuse to elect either one of Linkman's government and Dragonite's. And I'm taking that chance.

I invite everyone to vote Nein on our next three governments.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:51 am

I can't refute that logic.

I'll be voting nein.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:08 am

What?

Guys I am liberal. I thought we had this one in the bag if I get two shots in a row. I also picked Xenesis to that effect, it was a bet to find another liberal and hit a one-two punch of FREEDOM.

I mean this. If I were fascist I would not be vehement about it, and I would have probably picked Narts or MLad, which are people who have passed fascist policies. We know one of the following has lied:

PK+Linkman
Narts+Deoxy
Mlad+HPD

I am liberal so I know there is at least one fascist in that group plus maybe Dragonite. It was dumb of me to risk any of those. Kireato seems trustworthy but he has a great poker face, so I don't trust him entirely. A bit of respect, if you will.

Please vote yes to Linkman/Xenesis. If we do well we can actually get re-elected and that will be great for the liberals.

As a campaign promise, if I am elected I promise not to kill anyone blindly. We will vote on this. C'mon.

Narts

Post by Narts » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:25 am

Can you not kill anyone blindly at this point, though? As far as I've understood, you have to kill someone if the law passes, and we don't have confirmed fascists, only suspected ones. And it would be a waste to use a bullet on a fascist anyway since we only get two chances to strike off Hitler. We have no idea who Hitler is, so it's going to be a blind shot.

Promising anything else would be a lie.

I have a very bad feeling about this government.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:53 am

I have a bad feeling as well. A Xen pick was completely out of the blue and makes zero sense. As I said before, the more unique people we choose as chancellor, the more likely it is that the new chancellor is Hitler. As of right now, there is a 12.5% chance that Xenesis is Hitler. If you remove your own name from the list of people who have not been Chancellor, it becomes a 14% chance. These are small chances, but the more we keep pushing for new people in government, the more likely it is that our luck will run out.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:30 am

How is picking Xenesis any more dangerous than picking anyone else?? Please enlighten me.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:46 am

You could have picked anyone who has already been Chancellor. At least we know they aren't Hitler. Remember, the game ends automatically if he is Chancellor.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:57 am

Only after three fascist laws are in play, Hawke. Technically I am also still a possible Hitler, apparently.

I'm with Kireato, by the way. I voted NEIN.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:12 am

Pretty much. You may all be Hitler.

Sadly this is not like mafia, and if this election gets NEIN'd you guys will not get to see that I am liberal. But I will rub it in your faces when the game is over.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:07 am

Linkman wrote:Please don't take my side PK, it makes me look bad.
i was just supporting the squad :(

but ok
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:37 am

I am boo-ing at this bandwagon because I wanted to be able to do something, but oh well.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:41 am

yeah it's really quite unfortunate that there seems to be a bias towards the first people to pass liberal bills to be able to play again and again while everyone else just gets to vote and wait their turn to become president

hopefully that's just because none of us know what we're doing

but im neining your government b/c linkman asked me to :(

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:00 am

the cost, it's so sunken
wisdom

Sven

Post by Sven » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:22 pm

Just to make sure everyone is on the same page:

The policy deck currently has two cards. For the next policy, I am taking the two card deck, shuffling it with the discarded policy cards, and creating a new policy deck that contains both sets of cards.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:06 pm

In other words, there's no guarantee that the two cards currently remaining in the policy deck will be in the three-card draw for the next government?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:15 pm

Apparently, the top card of those two will get enacted if three governments are rejected in a row, according to Kireato.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Post by Satel » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Terragent wrote:In other words, there's no guarantee that the two cards currently remaining in the policy deck will be in the three-card draw for the next government?
Well, take it as if there's only one card off of the deck for next round, and we don't know if it's a liberal or a fascist one. Yes, it is as worthless of an information as it comes.

st3rn fudge st3rn

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:52 am

Sven wrote:Just to make sure everyone is on the same page:

The policy deck currently has two cards. For the next policy, I am taking the two card deck, shuffling it with the discarded policy cards, and creating a new policy deck that contains both sets of cards.
That's not quite right. You only reset the policy deck if there aren't enough cards left for the next draw action.

If we refuse to elect the next three governments, then the top policy card in our current policy deck gets enacted. There's no reason to reshuffle the policy deck because we're only drawing one card and there are two cards left.

If we elect a government, then the president has to draw three cards, so you have to take the remaining cards in he policy deck, as well as the discarded policy cards and shuffle them (so just reset the policy deck to what we had at the start.)
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Sven

Re: SECRET HITLER - DRAGONITE CHOOSE CHANCELLOR

Post by Sven » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:06 pm

[*]Dragonite is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.
[*]5 Ja(mlad, dragonite, terragent, xenesis, linkman), 7 Nein. We will move on to the next candidate!

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:10 pm

wow, first time most people neined. you guys know something i don't?
wisdom

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:37 pm

Basically I'm the Bernie Sanders here.

Now we just gotta figure out who's the Trump.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:40 pm

biting political commentary hun
wisdom

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:18 am

Say what you will, it was pretty close. I feel a bit bad for changing my vote, otherwise it would have been a tie. But I guess you'll get another chance, Linky.

as for dragonite.. "lol". Interested to see who he'll pick, though.

BTW, Sven, what happens in a tie?

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:30 am

ties aren't a majority, i think it's in mlad's rules somewhere