SECRET HITLER - DRAW CALLED

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: SECRET HITLER - VOTE FOR LINKMAN AND TERRAGENT

Post by HPD » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:13 pm

We're mainly going to have to tackle the voting problem. That's what takes forever due to the number of players and different time zones.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:42 pm

Honestly, I just don't feel like posting because there's almost no information, and the little we have is basically irrelevant here because we don't make rookie mistakes.

I'm just NEINing pretty much everything that concerns Linky, pk, Dragonite, and maybe one or two others.

Even though, it's been everything recently.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:24 pm

The catch-22 is that you need to post to get information, but nobody posts when there's no information.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:31 pm

I don't think anything can be done about the length of each voting round. They're pretty much always going to be about 48 hours.

We could have people vote in advance, but overall I think it's best to stick to games with a set number of rounds.

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:38 pm

for reference, the resistance took a whole month. it's a game with a minimum of five rounds, but more depending on circumstances.

http://forums.warsworldnews.com/viewtop ... =5&t=13568

this game has a practical minimum of 8-10 rounds, with way more once things start getting rejected. We're on pace for this game to take something like 12-14 rounds total. That's at least a month no matter how you slice it.

mafia is 3-4 rounds and takes us about 2-3 weeks per game.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:31 am

im sorry guys i haven't been posting as much due to having a full time job again

but i mean, i still have been posting at a decent rate, just not as much as i should be.

my thoughts on this- i want to say that lets not jump to conclusions about linkman, that getting three chances at office in a row was just bad luck and nothing suspicious, that dragonite is a confirmed fascist and (probably) knows it so we have to take that election with a grain of salt, that a linkman/terragent run is a better chance than having to draw a liberal from the entire card pool

i want to say all that, but im not going to, because linkman refuses to acknowledge me
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Narts

Post by Narts » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:58 pm

You're awfully eager to defend your posting rate, when no one's been calling that into question fascist

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:02 pm

na brohime

i consider it my sacred duty to carry these games i look at it as if i dont post no one else will, after all i have less of a life than anyone else here so therefore the crumpets stone is mine to carry

this game i have not been as active as i normally am because now i have a job and i felt i needed to apologize for shirking my sacred duty

look, captain antimerica, i haven't devoted much time to taking you down because i personally think it's pretty obvious- you're defending dragonite, dragonite is clearly facist, therefore you are facist. this really isn't hard. but since you insist, i will post an image of deadpool kicking captain america in the balls:

HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:44 am

Je t'aime monsieur petite kilo dragon.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Sven

Post by Sven » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:15 am

i'm pretty sure some of you haven't voted yet but w/e i'm just gonna settle this on sunday and randomize votes if they aren't in.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:16 am

Linkman wrote:Je t'aime monsieur petite kilo dragon.
did u just call me short

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:51 pm

You're a regular Napoleon.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Narts

Post by Narts » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Who's Napoleon is it that french coward who always surrenders

Sven

Re: SECRET HITLER - ENACTING LEGISLATION

Post by Sven » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:55 pm

[*]President Linkman and Chancellor Terragent are enacting legislation!
[*]9 Ja, 3 Nein(Deoxy, HPD, Satel). President Linkman and Chancellor Terragent will be enacting legislation!

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:56 am

congratulations linkman, you finally made it

and the game hasn't ended yet, so that's good too.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:53 am

Yeah, for the record I'm not Hitler. Hopefully we get a decent policy draw!

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:21 pm

We didn't :(
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:02 am

mmhmm
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:26 am

I know I can't be salvaged but for the record Terragent got a double fascist and he's not Hitler. I think he's a better chancellor than anyone else right now (I don't know if the can be chancellor twice in a row but hey).

Ideas on who I should viciously murder?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:45 am

Ok, one: please stop posting the draw before this phase is over. Let the Chancellor finish his turn and THEN you can say w/e about it. Two: no, you can't be chancellor twice in a row. Three: i don't believe this for a second, especially if you kill a liberal now

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:34 am

Why? Terr can accuse me of lying if he so wishes.

Working man pk

Post by Working man pk » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:42 am

I think hpd wants the game to go even slower

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:24 am

If we go any slower we'll be going backwards. You can't go back in time HPD. It just doesn't work.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:44 am

Well, whatever. I just wanted to play this one exactly as the official rules dictate (as best as we can emulate them on a forum, that is). That way, we'll have a 'control' test that we can build on for next games. It's also not really slowing the game down, so meh.

It's more the tedious PM-ing with a large number of players that's slowing it down.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:28 am

Yeah the main issue is just time zone inconsistencies. If this was IRL it would be over in less than half an hour.

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:09 pm

A fascist policy has been enacted.

Linkman is now executing a player.

Terragent

Re: SECRET HITLER - PRESIDENT EXECUTING PLAYER

Post by Terragent » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:31 pm

For what it's worth, I was handed a pair of Fascist policies, as Linkman had said. Presumably he got a triple Fascist draw - so I suppose there's at least the silver lining of the next draw probably containing at least one Liberal policy.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:31 pm

Now, killing someone off is probably somewhere we actually should y'know stop and talk it over.

Now, personally I think killing Dragonite is the safest route. Anyone else and you risk killing a liberal, and apparently we won't even know their alignment when they die. I keep trying to justify killing anyone else and I can't (not even Narts).

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:35 pm

I think killing one of Dragonite/PK/Narts confirms the other two. I was thinking that too.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:47 am

Unfortunately, execution doesn't reveal the victim's role unless they're Hitler. I agree that PK and Narts are prime targets since they've actively contradicted one another, but even if it's a coin flip it's one we won't know the outcome of, so we can't use this to determine whether Dragonite is innocent or not.

Execution is pretty awful.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:00 am

The only thing we learn about the executed player is whether he's Hitler or not. So killing Dragonite will not actually reveal anything about Pkdragon or Narts.

So here's how you can go about this if you don't have a hunch about who is Hitler/a fascist.

You could kill Dragonite if you believe that Narts inspecting Dragonite was an attempt to seed doubt about his allegiance in order to open up the possibility of electing him as a chancellor later on. (But honestly his attempt was really feeble and it should have been really easy to know that no one would take the risk.) Or perhaps you'll take the position that Narts wasn't lying at all because as a fascist it would have been far more effective to seed doubt about another player instead of inspecting the same player to figure out if Pkdragon lied.

Maybe you could take a neutral approach. We've got two executions in this game, and we've got two players who are contradicting each other. It seems fairly reasonable to believe that one is a fascist and the other is a liberal. So if we kill both Narts and Pkdragon we'll preserve the status quo, and at the very least the fascists won't be able to veto all elections. (If two liberals die, there are as many fascists as liberals, and they can openly claim and refuse to elect any president that isn't a fascist. )

Personally, if you're killing one of those three, I would suggest executing Pkdragon. Because I don't understand how he can't justify wanting both Narts and Dragonite dead. From his perspective, if he were a liberal, he's inspected one as being a fascist, and the other has revealed himself as a fascist by lying about Dragonite's loyalty. (Well, Narts' response is anemic too, but I'd still kill Pkdragon. )
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:55 am

Your face is anemic

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:20 am

Pk is super suspicious now because of his earlier post. If he were a liberal, he would definitely advocate for the death of both Narts and Dragonite, since Dragonite turned up fascist and Narts immediately contradicted him. However if Narts is the liberal, then he would only want Pk to be dead since Dragonite is liberal according to his investigation. Unfortunately Narts hasn't said anything that we could compare it to. I say kill Pk and hope for the best.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:27 am

That's nice and all, and Kireato's reasoning is pretty sound, but do we really think that Pk is Hitler? At this point we might rather chance a shot at someone we suspect being Hitler. And while Pk may likely be fascist, I really don't think he's really Hitler.

Urgh, we need more time to decide on this, I think. I want to hear more people's thoughts at this point. And yes, I'm well aware this is taking forever, but, like others said, this is something we really need to discuss thoroughly before we do it.

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:48 am

hawkesnightmare wrote:Unfortunately Narts hasn't said anything that we could compare it to
Not sure what I should have said? Obviously I want the fascists to die. Who doesn't? That goes without saying.

But even more than that I want Hitler to die because that's how we win the game. I think we need to discuss more who is the most likely to be Hitler.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:00 am

"kill all humans" would have been a big tip off.

Kireato

Post by Kireato » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:48 am

Narts wrote:But even more than that I want Hitler to die because that's how we win the game. I think we need to discuss more who is the most likely to be Hitler.
Killing Hitler to win the game is a Hail Mary pass.

But let me add to this discussion. We should all visit thesaurus.com to estimate the urgency of consulting with each other regarding who might be Hitler. This will surely bring up potential leads on the matter.
"Hey, it's the Kir. Wee." - Linkman 145
"I can't help myself sometimes... :cry:" -Help Topic Guest

Narts

Post by Narts » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:02 am

I think we should kill Kireato.

The entire game the robot has been jumping up and down doing his best to appear useful and liberally inclined.

Now he's suspiciously vehement against the idea of even discussing the possibility of lynching Hitler. Who is he protecting?

Working man pk

Post by Working man pk » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:48 am

What I meant was justify to everyone else. I have railed against narts literally all game and no one cared. But everyone is in agreement that Dragonite is super suspicious. Narts being worth it depends on whether you believe me or not and whether you think him covering someone obviously facist is damning, I mean I do but no one else seemed to agree.

I mean I could have taken another pot shot at narts but why beat a dead horse.

Still, glad it got some discussion going, which was the intention of the post.

Working man pk

Post by Working man pk » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:57 am

It says a lot about what we have to talk about that me not acting in my usual extreme point fingers manner and considering what is the most logical move from a neutral point of view caused more discussion than anything else in this game

The biggest problem with this game imo is just that we can't trust anything and we know it. Which kills discussion.