SECRET HITLER 2 - FASCISTS WIN

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

SECRET HITLER 2 - FASCISTS WIN

Post by HPD » Wed May 04, 2016 6:09 am

WHAT ARE WE DOING RIGHT NOW?

The FASCISTS have won the game when it became unwinnable for the LIBERALS.

WHAT'S THE PLAYER ORDER?
- MysteriousLad
- Terragent
- Hawkesnightmare
- Bonesy
- Dragonite
- Pkdragon
- Linkman

WHAT POLICIES HAVE BEEN ENACTED?
Round 1: Terragent & Linkman - LIBERAL policy
Round 2: hawkesnightmare & Pkdragon - FASCIST policy
Round 3: Bonesy & Dragonite - FASCIST policy
Round 4: Dragonite & Linkman - LIBERAL policy
Round 5: Pkdragon & MysteriousLad - LIBERAL policy
Round 6: Linkman & Dragonite - FASCIST policy
Round 7: Terragent & Pkdragon - FASCIST policy

FASCIST POLICY TRACK
1. (nothing) - passed
2. Inspect Loyalty - passed
3. Call Special Election - passed
4. Execute Player - passed
5. Execute Player [VETO unlocked]
6. Fascists Win

WHAT'S THE GAME HISTORY?
Hidden Text
  • Pkdragon was ordered to be executed by President Terragent! He was aligned with the Liberals!
  • President Terragent needs to select a player to execute.
  • President Terragent and Chancellor Pkdragon have enacted a FASCIST policy!
  • The government of President Terragent and Chancellor Pkdragon has been approved and is now enacting legislation!
  • We are voting on the government of President Terragent and Chancellor Pkdragon! Please cast your vote as 'JA' or 'NEIN'.
  • Terragent is this round's Presidential Candidate! He needs to choose the next Chancellor.
  • President Linkman calls for a special election! He needs to choose the new Presidential Candidate!
  • President Linkman and Chancellor Dragonite have enacted a FASCIST policy!
  • The government of President Linkman and Chancellor Dragonite has been approved and is now enacting legislation!
  • We are voting on the government of President Linkman and Chancellor Dragonite! Please cast your vote as 'JA' or 'NEIN'.
  • Linkman is this round's Presidential Candidate. He needs to choose the next Chancellor.
  • President Pkdragon and Chancellor MysteriousLad have enacted a LIBERAL policy!
  • The government of President Pkdragon and Chancellor MysteriousLad has been approved and is now enacting legislation!
  • We are voting on the government of President Pkdragon and Chancellor MysteriousLad! Please cast your vote as 'JA' or 'NEIN'.
  • Pkdragon is this round's Presidential Candidate. He needs to choose the next Chancellor.
  • President Dragonite and Chancellor Linkman have enacted a LIBERAL policy!
  • The government of President Dragonite and Chancellor Linkman has been approved and is now enacting legislation!
  • We are voting on the government of President Dragonite and Chancellor Linkman! Please cast your vote as 'JA' or 'NEIN'.
  • Dragonite is this round's Presidential Candidate. He needs to choose the next Chancellor.
  • President Bonesy needs to select a player to inspect. Both he and Chancellor Dragonite will receive the result.
  • President Bonesy and Chancellor Dragonite have enacted a FASCIST policy!
  • The government of President Bonesy and Chancellor Dragonite has been approved and is now enacting legislation!
  • We are voting on the government of President Bonesy and Chancellor Dragonite. Please cast your vote as 'JA' or 'NEIN'.
  • Bonesy is this round's Presidential Candidate. He needs to choose the next Chancellor.
  • President hawkesnightmare and Chancellor Pkdragon have enacted a FASCIST policy!
  • The government of President hawkesnightmare and Chancellor Pkdragon has been approved and is now enacting legislation!
  • We are voting on the government of President hawkesnightmare and Chancellor Pkdragon. Please cast your vote as 'JA' or 'NEIN'.
  • Hawkesnightmare is this round's Presidential Candidate. He needs to choose the next Chancellor.
  • President Terragent and Chancellor Linkman have enacted a LIBERAL policy!
  • The government of President Terragent and Chancellor Linkman has been approved and is now enacting legislation!
  • We are voting on the government of President Terragent and Chancellor Linkman. Please cast your vote as 'JA' or 'NEIN'.
  • Terragent is this round's Presidential candidate! He needs to choose this round's chancellor.

WHAT ARE THE RULES AGAIN?

Code: Select all

SECRET HITLER - wwn forum mode v2.0

changelog

v2.0 - 5 may 2016, HPD
- Number of players is now restricted to ten. There will be a discussion QT if there is enough spectator demand, otherwise I'm sorry. This game gets really tedious with lots of people in it, most of whom are living in competely different time zones and have full time jobs to cope with.
- Inspection results are not only shared to the enacting President, but the Chancellor as well. That way I hope to generate more discussion about the results while not spoiling too much about alignments early game.
- Death of a player reveals his/her alignment. Kills only happen late-game and should at least provide valuable, concrete information for the players to work with.
- Voting, selecting a chancellor etc. is now done in public. Only things that need to be private, like card draws, will happen through PM, the rest won't. It's pretty pointless to request stuff through PM you're going to make public afterwards anyway.
- Voting phase will end immediately once it hits majority. Keeps the pace going.

v1.0 - 22 march 2016, Sven/MysteriousLad
- First set of the rules transcribed from the official rulebook for forum play.
Hidden Text
Game Setup:
At the beginning of the game, each player is secretly assigned to one of three roles by the mod: Liberal, Fascist, or Hitler. Hitler plays for the fascist team. The fascists know who Hitler is, and who the other fascists are, but Hitler does not know who his fellow fascists are. The Liberals don’t know who anyone is. The number of Liberal players is always the smallest number that is majority in any pool of players. There is always exactly one Hitler. The rest of the players will be Fascists. For instance, with ten players, the roles are distributed as follows:
  • 6 Liberals
  • 3 Fascists
  • 1 Hitler
The mod should shuffle a list of all the players names as well, which should be made public. Mod also makes a list consisting of "Fascist Policy" eleven times and "Liberal Policy" six times, this is kept secret and is what would be the Policy Deck IRL.

Game Play:
Secret Hitler is played in rounds. Each round has an Election to form a government, a Legislative Session to enact a new policy,
and an Executive Action to exercise governmental power.
  • ELECTION:
    The player at the top of the list the mod shuffled becomes the presidential candidate. After each round the player that was the presidential candidate goes to the bottom of the list. The presidential candidate chooses somebody to be the Chancellor. Both the President and Chancellor who successfully enacted a policy last round cannot be chosen again as Chancellor in the next round. Anyone else is fair game. After that, all players can cast one vote, either JA or NEIN, on whether they accept this government. If more than 50% of the votes are JA, then the two players become the President and Chancellor. If three or more Fascist Policies have been enacted and Hitler is then made Chancellor, the Fascists win. A tie or a majority of NEIN means the government is rejected. The ELECTION phase starts over with the next player on the list becoming the new presidential candidate.

If a government is rejected three times in a row, the top policy card on the list is instantly revealed and enacted. Any EXECUTIVE ACTION (see below) that would be taken following enacting this policy is skipped.
  • LEGISLATIVE SESSION
    From the mod, the President recieves by Private Message (PM) a list of the top three cards on the mod's Policy Deck list. The President chooses one of the three cards to discard and the Chancellor gets to pick a card to discard out of the two remaining cards, also dealt with privately via PMs. Whichever Policy remains is enacted. If at any point there aren't three cards on the list the mod creates a new list only containing all unenacted cards (so if 1 Liberal Policy was enacted there will only be 5 Liberal cards left in the mod's list).

If the Fascist track veto right is in power then the Chancellor may also choose to veto a policy, if the president then agrees none of the two policies are chosen and the game moves back to the ELECTION phase. If the president doesn't agree then the Chancellor must choose a policy to discard.
  • EXECUTIVE ACTION
    If no Fascist policy was enacted, skip this case and go back to the ELECTION PHASE. If a Fascist policy was enacted then the President gets to take whatever action is next on the Fascist track. So the first time a Fascist policy is enacted he gets to investigate somebody.

Investigation results only reveal what party players are aligned with (so Hitler is simply a member of the Fascist party) and the results are sent privately via PM to both the President and Chancellor. Note that only the President has a hand in selecting the target for inspection.

For the Special Election, the enacting President may choose any player to become the next Presidential candidate, barring himself. The player order, however, is kept intact and proceeds as it would have done after this election round is over.

When a player is killed, his/her role will be revealed upon death. If Hitler is killed, the game will end immediately in a Liberal victory.
Win-Conditions:
The liberals win by enacting five liberal policies or killing Hitler.
The fascists win by enacting six fascist policies, or if Hitler is elected Chancellor once three or more Fascist policies have been enacted.

Tracks:
Fascist:
  1. Inspect Loyalty - The President investigates a player's role.
  2. Inspect Loyalty - The President investigates a player's role.
  3. Call Special Election - The President picks the next presidential candidate.
  4. Execution - The President must kill a player.
  5. Execution - The President must kill a player and veto power is unlocked.
  6. Government Coup - Fascists win.
Misc. Rules:
No out-of-game communication such as Private Messages, etc.

Strategy Notes:
(This is directly taken from the official rulebook, so some of this may not apply to forum play. These pointers are still useful for a first-timer, so that's why they're listed here.)
  • Everyone should claim to be a liberal. Since the Liberal team has a voting majority, it can easily shut out anyone who reveals he is a fascist. Liberals who claim to be fascists put their team at a significant disadvantage.
  • Slow the game down and discuss every decision. Consider what powers the president will gain if a fascist law is enacted, and ask potential presidents how they’ll use their powers. Liberals generally want to slow the game down to a crawl and think about every vote and decision. Fascists generally want to blow through the game and hope that the group makes sloppy mistakes.
  • Although they have a majority, it’s extremely hard for the Liberals to win. They need to establish trust with one another and use their voting power to prevent the fascists from getting elected and using the special powers of the President.
  • Pay careful attention to the position of players around the table and who’s going to be President next; you don’t want to be forced into a situation where you have to vote for a fascist ticket. The “special election” Presidential power is very powerful - make sure it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands!
  • Fascists should find a way to secretly signal their loyalty to Hitler - this could include nonverbal communication or gameplay that protects Hitler.
  • In most cases, Hitler will want to play as a staunch liberal - that way, the group will be amenable to installing him as Chancellor later in the game.
  • Fascists want to investigate Hitler early and name him as a liberal - this prevents a liberal President from outing Hitler as a fascist.
  • After the third Fascist policy has been enacted, the Fascists are poised to win the game by getting Hitler elected Chancellor. This is a very dangerous stage of the game for the Liberal team - the only way to know definitively if a player is Hitler is to elect them Chancellor and see if the game ends.
  • If a Fascist is president when the “kill” power is activated, he can eliminate a Lberal player under the guise of confusion. The Fascists can win the game this way by gaining a voting majority and installing Hitler as Chancellor, or by rejecting Candidates until the board fills with fascist policies.
References:
Official game website: http://www.secrethitler.com/
Official rulebook: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8buzhwc4qvck ... 9.pdf?dl=0
Secret Hitler Print & Play: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/502 ... d_Play.pdf
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Re: SECRET HITLER: TAKE TWO

Post by Bonesy » Wed May 04, 2016 6:26 am

Will secret hitler be a dog? News at 11.

(i'm in)

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed May 04, 2016 6:32 am

I ought to have time for this, so in. Pester me if I'm forgetting stuff down the line,

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed May 04, 2016 6:42 am

I've added the updated rules to the first post. Corrected a couple of errors while I was at it. Pester me if you see more that should or shouldn't be there.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Wed May 04, 2016 6:51 am

innit to winnit
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed May 04, 2016 11:25 pm

Will team with hawkesni.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu May 05, 2016 9:48 am

ah sure why not

i may not be as talkative don't take that as a sign of boredom just a sign of busy-ness
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri May 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Should I?
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Fri May 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Why not, in.

Wait, wait, wait.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri May 06, 2016 5:23 pm

Four more spots. Gonna start on Sunday probably or when it hits ten players.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun May 08, 2016 1:40 am

Any other takers? I'll probably start this about 24 hours from now

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun May 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Arright, I'm in.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon May 09, 2016 1:54 am

List Randomizer

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

- Terragent
- Hawkesnightmare
- Bonesy
- Dragonite
- Pkdragon
- Linkman
- MysteriousLad

Timestamp: 2016-05-08 16:21:25 UTC, IP: 84.104.213.86

You have randomized this list 2 times.
Ok, here we go. The above is the second randomizing of the list as noted. Everything went through random.org. This list is the player order. That means that Terragent is the first to select a chancellor.

Have fun all!

The card deck btw is comprised of 11 Swamps and 6 Forest cards. MtG players will know what's up.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - Terragent choose Chancellor

Post by HPD » Mon May 09, 2016 2:07 am

IMPORTANT NOTICE
With only 7 people in play, our Fascist policy track changes slightly. Only the second Fascist policy enacted will yield an inspection. The first Fascist policy enacted does nothing.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Mon May 09, 2016 5:20 am

The PDF rulebook has specific policy tracks for less players, but this should do I guess.
Anyway.

I'm the obvious choice here as chancellor :)

Wait, wait, wait.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon May 09, 2016 5:26 am

obvious choice if we want to lose, that is
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon May 09, 2016 6:26 am

I'm not sure if secret hitler or illiminati mafia is more disturbing. The combined thought upsets me.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon May 09, 2016 6:51 am

MysteriousLad wrote:The PDF rulebook has specific policy tracks for less players, but this should do I guess.
Anyway.

I'm the obvious choice here as chancellor :)
This is the suggested policy track for seven players from the rulebook.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon May 09, 2016 9:03 am

Well, then. I choose Linkman to be my Chancellor.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon May 09, 2016 2:03 pm

We are voting on the government of President Terragent and Chancellor Linkman. Please cast your vote as 'JA' or 'NEIN'.

Dragonite

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - Vote for Terragent & Linkman

Post by Dragonite » Mon May 09, 2016 6:59 pm

JA

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon May 09, 2016 7:11 pm

Implicit JA that I'm being explicit with anyway.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon May 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Yeah, I'm going to take the Presidential Candidate's vote as an implicit 'JA' during this game.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue May 10, 2016 4:06 am

Terragent/Linkman: yes, we can!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue May 10, 2016 4:34 am

Please vote with 'JA' or 'NEIN', Linky. Otherwise things can get difficult for me.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue May 10, 2016 5:13 am

Seeing as I am chancellor surely I don't need to Ja? But if I do, JA.

EDIT: I guess if I suspected Terragent to be fascist, I might want to NEIN even if I am Chancellor. Fair enough.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Tue May 10, 2016 6:15 am

JA

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue May 10, 2016 7:35 am

Linkman wrote:Seeing as I am chancellor surely I don't need to Ja? But if I do, JA.

EDIT: I guess if I suspected Terragent to be fascist, I might want to NEIN even if I am Chancellor. Fair enough.
Yeah, exactly. I'll take the Presidential Candidate as an implicit "JA", but not his chosen Chancellor. That aside, if people post their (dis)approval without an explicit "JA" or "NEIN", it would mean that whether something is a vote would be open to my interpretation. And we really want to avoid another lunch with Treed.

E: Oh woops I see that we already have a majority on "JA". The government of Terragent and Linkman is now enacting legislation. Please stand by while we handle the card draw.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue May 10, 2016 7:39 am

How did the president/chancellor vote last game? If they are locked into JA, there's little reason to let them bother with voting in the first place. Chancellor might not enjoy being elected because facists might be trying to tarnish his reputation, but I don't know if it's the game's intent to let them block their election aside from public protest to affect the votes.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - Enacting Legislation

Post by HPD » Tue May 10, 2016 7:49 am

No one's vote is locked. I just can't think of a reason why anyone would vote a "NEIN" as Presidential Candidate, so I'll just assume he approves of his own government unless he explicitly votes a "NEIN". Last game everyone had to vote.

As for the Chancellor, he should always vote for the reasons Linky already stated. He didn't choose to be the Chancellor, so it isn't obvious that he will approve.

E: I suppose if there are few players in a game and if the people who aren't locked out of the next Chancellorship are suspect, the Presidential Candidate might have reason to refuse. But that would be quite rare, I think. Or if it's a Fascist just refusing any government except the one that gets Hitler elected and Hitler himself is locked out. But that's also rare I think. Not sure though, we haven't come to that stage in the game yet.

Bottom line: we need more meta

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue May 10, 2016 8:27 am

I suspect the reason voting was secret in the original game was to avoid bandwagoning and trend-voting. It discouraged discussion, sure.

But open voting leads to mafia-style inactiveness where you hide your voting record. I don't know which one is worse.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue May 10, 2016 9:51 am

my arms can't hold all this JA

edit: oh its already over

well then

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue May 10, 2016 2:11 pm

It's up to the liberals really to stop voting until everyone checks in. If you want everyone to play, you'll have to call them out.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue May 10, 2016 2:27 pm

President Terragent and Chancellor Linkman have enacted a LIBERAL policy!

Hawkesnightmare is this round's Presidential Candidate. He needs to choose the next Chancellor.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - Hawkes choose Chancellor

Post by Linkman » Tue May 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Terr/Linky: a duo you can trust!

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue May 10, 2016 4:26 pm

It's true!

Draw was Liberal/Fascist/Fascist, for the record.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Tue May 10, 2016 6:37 pm

I choose Pk as my running mate.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue May 10, 2016 8:03 pm

We are voting on the government of President hawkesnightmare and Chancellor Pkdragon. Please cast your vote as 'JA' or 'NEIN'.

MysteriousLad

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - Vote for Hawkes & Pkdragon

Post by MysteriousLad » Tue May 10, 2016 9:03 pm

NEIN

Wait, wait, wait.

Pkdragon

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - Vote for Hawkes & Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue May 10, 2016 10:36 pm

will vote tonight