SECRET HITLER 2 - FASCISTS WIN

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - Linkman choose Chancellor

Post by HPD » Thu May 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Incidentally, the deck has been reshuffled. This is the current deck composition:
9 FASCIST
3 LIBERAL
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Fri May 20, 2016 12:07 am

So it's very likely to get a facist policy entirely by accident.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri May 20, 2016 12:28 am

Seeing as I can't pick the Lad or PK, I'll choose Dragonite as my chancellor.

Terr I'm sorry but you can be secretary of national security or something like that.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri May 20, 2016 12:29 am

What I find funny is that it's quite likely one of PK, Dragonite or Terr -- the "liberals" other than me or MLad -- is definitely Hitler, trying to pass as Liberal. But as long as we don't hit that third fascist policy we're in the black you guys!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri May 20, 2016 1:58 am

We are voting on the government of President Linkman and Chancellor Dragonite! Please cast your vote as 'JA' or 'NEIN'.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - Vote for Linkman & Dragonite

Post by Bonesy » Fri May 20, 2016 2:19 am

nein

also unrelated but i'm going to be gone the 24th to the 31st or so unless I can get internet elsewhere

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri May 20, 2016 9:10 am

You're breaking my heart, Linky. But, uh, JA!

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri May 20, 2016 10:15 am

HPD wrote:Incidentally, the deck has been reshuffled. This is the current deck composition:
9 FASCIST
3 LIBERAL
what was the original deck ratio? I can't find it

because I'm counting 4 Liberal cards were played and if there were only 4 in the deck that means everyone actually told the truth, amazingly

As for this round, on one hand it's a good pair up, and if it doesn't turn fascist I'll be pretty damn convinced of Linky and Draggy's innocence- because to let a liberal vote win this round is playing with fire. On the other hand, I kinda want to get as much info on ML as possible before the third fascist policy gets put into play. So letting ML be president honestly seems like a decent idea.

Let me think on it.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri May 20, 2016 10:26 am

The base deck contains six Liberal and eleven Fascist policies, so we did pretty well. (Your count is off, PK - we only have three Liberal policies enacted, not four)

EDIT: we're also guaranteed to get at least one triple Fascist draw in this cycle of the deck (more if we get two Liberal policies together) so I'm not sure that policy enactment is going to be the most reliable indicator of where people stand.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri May 20, 2016 10:35 am

Oh, I see, that's why the deck's count changed- cards are physically removed from the deck when a policy is enacted, and when the deck is reshuffled the cards played don't get reshuffled. That's why the card counts change when shuffled, I see.

i somehow missed that until now- i blame the digital medium, lol

Ok, so not everyone's turns were necessarily squeaky clean, (but possibly they were because two cards would have been remaining, possibly- but not likely- the other two liberal cards).

PS: This game is evil, literally evil- the better the liberals do, the worse their odds are, lol.
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri May 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Ok, having thought about it, I'm going to go with Ja. I'm not 100% convinced of Linky or Dragonite's innocence, but it's a working combination and if they do somehow get another liberal bill passed we'll be in really good shape.

I still like the idea of giving ML another test, but it's way too easy at this point for hitler to say "i got triple fascist" so I'm not sure how much info we'd actually get from it. Probably not worth passing on a proven setup.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Fri May 20, 2016 5:53 pm

I also vote ja for the reasons stated above. Also a bit busy so login times will be limited, but I wont be off the map.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri May 20, 2016 6:31 pm

The government of President Linkman and Chancellor Dragonite has been approved and is now enacting legislation!

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - Enacting Legislation

Post by HPD » Sat May 21, 2016 5:43 am

President Linkman and Chancellor Dragonite have enacted a FASCIST policy!

President Linkman calls for a special election! He needs to choose the new Presidential Candidate!

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - President Executing Powers

Post by Linkman » Sat May 21, 2016 6:21 am

Drags is Fascist but probably not Hitler.

State your case for presidency, I'm no longer sure if I trust MLad. Terr buddy you're looking mighty clean.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sat May 21, 2016 6:43 am

Btw can I pick myself? Or if I pick someone else can I be chancellor?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat May 21, 2016 6:46 am

For Presidency, you can pick anyone but yourself. For the Chancellor, the normal rules apply.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sat May 21, 2016 10:13 am

Fair enough - so if I were chosen as president I could pick anyone other than Linkman or Dragonite as chancellor?

Kind of a shame to not have Linky as an option, to be honest. At this point he's the only player I'm willing to trust unreservedly; after that it's a toss-up between pkdragon and mysteriouslad, both of whom still have risks attached (ML's the next president, after all).

But at this point I think we have to take risks. I'd probably tap ML as chancellor if I'm the presidential candidate, though I'm open to suggestions about any of the other eligible candidates.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sat May 21, 2016 1:28 pm

But at this point I think we have to take risks. I'd probably tap ML as chancellor if I'm the presidential candidate, though I'm open to suggestions about any of the other eligible candidates.
This is very true. We literally can't not take a risk at this point, no matter what we do there is a 1/7 chance that the game ends this next round. ML is a decent cantidate, though at this point I feel like he's best if we leave until after an execution- if we were to execute Bonesy or Dragonite, we'd know for sure ML's allegiance. But that necessitates taking a risk on someone else first. I'm actually thinking Hawkes might be an ok stop-gap measure, just because of all the people, he's been the least sneaky- played a fascist card immediately, didn't really care enough to defend it- he could be innocent, he could be fascist, but I don't see him being Hitler. Having Hawkes be our chancellor won't win us the game (unless he actually is innocent), but it won't lose us the game either, not immediately. Bonesy is in the same boat, tbqh.

Otherwise, I obviously feel I'm a good pick but I'm at a loss of ways to really prove that to you, and I don't think Terr is a bad pick either (but uh, see below). I think the WORST picks we could choose are Linkman and Dragonite, as they both played liberal cards then a fascist card happened right around the time that even Hitler would need to make a move- otherwise we were in a very good position to win, doubly so if ML is actually liberal! To my eyes that would have forced Hitler's hand, which could have been the difference between this round and the last Linkman/Dragonite round. So yeah, Danger Zone right there.

In Summary:

Good picks: ML
So Bad They're Good Picks: Hawkes, Bonesy
Neutral Picks: PK, Terr
Bad Picks: Linkman, Dragonite
--

Now, I'm going to be clear and this won't earn me any political points, but I'm not really happy with some of the things that are being said. Particularly, Linky and Terr, I love you two and desperately hope you are liberals, but you've been patting each other on the back a good bit, and that worries me for reasons that should be obvious.

Fact: It could have been Dragonite or Linky that was fascist in the last game. Linky is less likely because he went two rounds playing the right cards, but if he was Hitler it's very possible to do that, and honestly Linkman being fascist is more dangerous than Dragonite being fascist. No trusting unreservedly, please.
Fact: Terragent has had one round and it was very early, at a point in the game where it wouldn't be a huge sacrifice to play a liberal card for the sake of blending in. It's not so much that he's looking clean, as that he's had the least chance to dirty himself.

I think you two are more likely to be innocent than anyone else, but again, I'm going to be really honest, the idea of a Terr + Linky fascist party scares me more than anything else, because you two have been posting so much. If you two WERE fascist, you'd be controlling the narrative pretty strongly.

I just feel it needs to be said- we just can't trust anyone fully. Not when 3/7 players are fascist (it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you), and one of those three has great reason to try to blend in. I'm not saying shoot down their elections, I'm saying to maintain a healthy skepticism.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat May 21, 2016 6:35 pm

Just beware that if a Fascist President is elected, even if he doesn't appoint Hitler Chancellor, he could still enact a Fascist policy and kill a Liberal player. If that happens, they can just start refusing governments en-bloc since the Liberals cannot raise any majority anymore. That basically means that they win the game anyhow.

MysteriousLad

Post by MysteriousLad » Sat May 21, 2016 7:38 pm

It actually brings the game to pure luck due to the mechanics, with the odds stacked in their favour.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sun May 22, 2016 1:45 am

Also keep in mind that while Hitler is literally the worst, he doesn't know who his allies are. If either Linky or Terr are Hitler and the other is fascist, one is likely being kinda-duped-but-not-really from all this cross complimenting.
daisy: If the UK is worse than the present #5 in the world in terms of GDP come July 1st 2018 I will dye my hair pink.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Sun May 22, 2016 3:08 am

HPD wrote:Just beware that if a Fascist President is elected, even if he doesn't appoint Hitler Chancellor, he could still enact a Fascist policy and kill a Liberal player. If that happens, they can just start refusing governments en-bloc since the Liberals cannot raise any majority anymore. That basically means that they win the game anyhow.
Ugh, I forgot about that

this game is literally satan

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Sun May 22, 2016 4:04 am

Look guys, fact is: Dragonite got a Lib/Fas and it came out Fas. It doesn't clear me of course, but I think I've proven myself trustworthy. The fact is passing a Liberal policy as Chancellor makes you more trustworthy than passing one as President, cause the President will *know* the choice the Chancellor had.

I had both Terragent and Dragonite pass me Lib/Fas choices, which I picked liberal. They both know for a fact I am very likely liberal, or playing a very risky gambit.

I also know that Dragonite is pretty much guaranteed Fascist, because I also gave him a choice and he turned fascist. Let's check out Terragent, hm?

I will pick Terragent as my presidential candidate.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun May 22, 2016 4:27 am

Terragent is this round's Presidential Candidate! He needs to choose the next Chancellor.

Pkdragon

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - Terragent choose Chancellor

Post by Pkdragon » Sun May 22, 2016 6:44 am

You've got a point, Linky, in that Dragonite hasn't said anything to contradict you. If he is a liberal, this would be incredibly important- if fascist, it's still important for the sake of creating confusion, but uh, Draggy has shown in last game that he gets paralysis under pressure.

Dragonite's been around, he made a post in ML's song contest. So there's no excuse there. Unless he just plain forgot, which would really suck for us. I'm hoping that getting two fascist cards would be enough to, uh, NOT forget about posting his vital information.

With that in mind... I think it's best we kill Dragonite if we get an execution (which sucks because Dragonite was killed last game too, but uh, this was a pretty critical moment to stop talking). That'll confirm Linkman and be a clue towards ML's alignment.

EDIT: This revises my thinking on Chancellors. I'm thinking ML is actually a pretty bad choice for Chancellors atm, with Dragonite leaning strongly towards fascist now- plus we can use executions to figure out his alignment and make him a safer choice down the road. So in the mean time, it's either Hawkes, Bonesy, or me IMO. I recommended Hawkes last night but with the increased stakes if a fascist bill goes through and creates an execution, I actually think I AM the best choice now for chancellor. I'm the only other guy with a somewhat positive track record besides Terr and ML (besides Linky, who isn't an option), and the best thing right now with this particular election is to avoid a fascist bill going through.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Sun May 22, 2016 8:15 am

It is very suspicious that Linkman gave Draggy a lib/fas choice and he chose fascist. My best guess is that he's willingly taking the fall to get the third fascist policy in play so Hitler can be elected. If this is the case, we should avoid killing Dragonite and use the execution on someone else that is suspect. No liberal will elect any government that Dragonite is a part of so he's effectively out of the loop. However this does make the chance of getting Hitler as Chancellor 1/6 instead of 7. It's a tradeoff that is heavily based on RNG.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Sun May 22, 2016 11:54 am

All right, fair enough.

I'm really not sure who to pick (sadly Linkman is the only player I'm willing to trust absolutely) but we really have no choice but to take risks. I choose Pkdragon as my Chancellor.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun May 22, 2016 6:13 pm

We are voting on the government of President Terragent and Chancellor Pkdragon! Please cast your vote as 'JA' or 'NEIN'.

Pkdragon

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - Vote for Terragent & Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon May 23, 2016 1:34 am

Ja, obviously.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon May 23, 2016 5:30 pm

Bonesy and Linkman both mentioned being away for a couple of days, so it might be a while before all votes are in. I don't expect the game to move ahead very much until they're back.

hawkesnightmare

Post by hawkesnightmare » Tue May 24, 2016 4:26 am

I'll vote Ja as well.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue May 24, 2016 11:04 am

HPD wrote:Bonesy and Linkman both mentioned being away for a couple of days, so it might be a while before all votes are in. I don't expect the game to move ahead very much until they're back.
that's ok, i've got some personal stuff that came up i probably won't be around too much the next two weeks

i mean i'll still be checking wwn but it may be delayed a bit more than usual

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue May 24, 2016 12:44 pm

JA.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue May 24, 2016 2:05 pm

The government of President Terragent and Chancellor Pkdragon has been approved and is now enacting legislation!

Yes, this means that Pkdragon is not Hitler

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Tue May 24, 2016 2:08 pm

pk's in the clear guys

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Tue May 24, 2016 10:39 pm

Unfortunately Terr is not (I was given 2 fascists, again)

Whether from bad luck or maliciousness, we'll see soon, I guess.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue May 24, 2016 10:55 pm

President Terragent and Chancellor Pkdragon have enacted a FASCIST policy!

President Terragent needs to select a player to execute.

MysteriousLad

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - President Executing Player

Post by MysteriousLad » Wed May 25, 2016 2:22 am

Well.
"i put on my robe and wizard hat" ~Pkdragon
"rocks fall everyone dies" ~HPD
Welcome to the optimistic world of WWN :D

And logic doesn't work on MysteriousLad... ~Kireato
Wait, wait, wait.

Organized crime is selling bagels on television? Since when? ~Dragon Fogel

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: SECRET HITLER 2 - President Executing Player

Post by Linkman » Wed May 25, 2016 3:05 am

Please don't shoot Dragonite (confirmed fascist), myself, Pk (confirmed not Hitler) or MLAD.

So it's hawkesni or bonesy.